PDA

View Full Version : Titan's beat Colts, but only allow 17 pts.

staind755
12-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Everyone is jumping on the V. Young Bandwagon. Yes, they are winning recently. But V. Yound didn't win the game for them. There defense did holding the Colts to only 17 points. Remember the Texans scored 23 vs. the Colts in Indy. If the Texans defense played the Colts like they are now, then we would have beaten them. Defense wins championships!!! Not offenses. So give a lot of credit to the Titans D.

Napa Auto Parts
12-03-2006, 11:05 PM
another thing that helped was VY controling the offense and winning the time of possesion game.

StarStruck
12-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Hilarious! Did I spell that right?

Ole Miss Texan
12-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Everyone is jumping on the V. Young Bandwagon. Yes, they are winning recently. But V. Yound didn't win the game for them. There defense did holding the Colts to only 17 points. Remember the Texans scored 23 vs. the Colts in Indy. If the Texans defense played the Colts like they are now, then we would have beaten them. Defense wins championships!!! Not offenses. So give a lot of credit to the Titans D.

If I remember correctly, we scored some of those points in the 4th quarter when the game was already over.

I think everyone will agree our defense has improved a lot and I am looking forward to us playing the titans and colts again. It seems to me the titans play the colts really well. The titans only lost to them by 1 earlier this season..is this correct? and then of course the victory by the titans today.

We have jacksonvilles number... what can we learn from the titans for when we play the colts? I think the game on christmas eve should be a good one, kubes will have the film from both titans game to help us out with the colts.

TNTitan
12-03-2006, 11:29 PM
another thing that helped was VY controling the offnese and winning the time of possesion game.

colts had the ball 12min or so of the 30min in the second half. I'de say that won it for us :)

Bongo59
12-03-2006, 11:39 PM
why? VY sustained drives. Colts had only 9 plays and 47 yds in the 3rd Q. VY ate clock in the whole second half. The D had little to do with it until we needed a stop on their last FG..............then VY led us to a chance for a FG with 7 secs left. It was all VY.

Maddict5
12-04-2006, 12:17 AM
why? VY sustained drives. Colts had only 9 plays and 47 yds in the 3rd Q. VY ate clock in the whole second half. The D had little to do with it until we needed a stop on their last FG..............then VY led us to a chance for a FG with 7 secs left. It was all VY.

i love the way you make it sound like a gimmie 25 yarder:francis:

this is like the saints fans saying reggie is the reason why brees, colston, deuce etc are playing well...obviously VY's production has been much better than reggies but its still the same principal...

look its the colts(same for the giants last week)- they have 1 of the best offences and worst defences- so sorry if i think the D deserves as much (and more imo) praise for their victories the last 2 weeks- guys have been making plays for them- vince has been 1 of them but pacman, bironas, henry etc have been making plenty aswell

Maddict5
12-04-2006, 12:20 AM
also is it me or do the titans have the worst SS in the league- sorry forgot his name but i always see him getting torched(today you could see pacman was pissed at him for marvins td)- he was supposed to be covering over the top i think

bah007
12-04-2006, 12:26 AM
also is it me or do the titans have the worst SS in the league- sorry forgot his name but i always see him getting torched(today you could see pacman was pissed at him for marvins td)- he was supposed to be covering over the top i think

Chris Hope (#24) is his name.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-04-2006, 12:58 AM
He scored 14 points and they won the game. What more do you want?

travfrancis
12-04-2006, 01:38 AM
actuallly lamont thompson is who he was thinking of i believe

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-04-2006, 01:42 AM

No, it was Chris Hope. And he only got beat once by the best QB/WR combo in NFL history.

Chris Hope has 3 INTs on the year and over 90 tackles. Lamont Thompson isn't very good, but he didn't get burned on Sunday.

kastofsna
12-04-2006, 07:29 AM
wow.

Texansfan36
12-04-2006, 08:10 AM
He scored 14 points and they won the game. What more do you want?

Wow you mean to tell me that HE scored 14 points all by himself with no offensive line, running back, tight ends, or wide recievers. :ohsnap: Why in the world did we pass on this guy I mean if we would've drafted HIM then we wouldn't have to worry about our pitiful offensive line. :sarcasm:

I doubt he was the sole reason they scored 14 points. :shoot:

Tulip
12-04-2006, 08:32 AM
i love the way you make it sound like a gimmie 25 yarder:francis:

I love the way you make it sound like the Titans would have lost without the field goal. They were tied and would have gone to OT. Just like the Titans' winning kick last week.

brookspw
12-04-2006, 09:45 AM
No, it was Chris Hope. And he only got beat once by the best QB/WR combo in NFL history.

Chris Hope has 3 INTs on the year and over 90 tackles. Lamont Thompson isn't very good, but he didn't get burned on Sunday.

Nope, you are wrong. It was Lamont Thompson that got beat. He is #28. Hope is #24. No question it was LT. He'll be replaced by Landry from LSU next year. :bananasplit:

bah007
12-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Nope, you are wrong. It was Lamont Thompson that got beat. He is #28. Hope is #24. No question it was LT. He'll be replaced by Landry from LSU next year. :bananasplit:

Sorry buddy but you are wrong.

I have seen the replay many times & #24 is the guy who gets sucked in on the double move.

#28 is the backside safety who ends up chasing the play cuz #24 is so far behind.

P.S.- It's pretty easy to tell if you just look at the hair. Thompson has those long dreadlocks that stick out of his helmet so when he comes on the bottom of the screen you can easily tell which one he is.

Huge
12-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Number of 3 and outs yesterday for Titans - Zero
8 of 13 on 3rd down conversions.

What does that have to do with the defense?

And for the record, it was #24 Chris Hope that was torched.

shinerbock_girl
12-04-2006, 12:17 PM
I sure wish we had their Kicker...

Yvette
12-04-2006, 12:39 PM
SportsCenter has been showing the wind behind that kick and make no mistake, it had to have helped. Credit goes to Bironas though, for using the wind and kicking it the way it needed to go... straight down the middle.

Texan_Bill
12-04-2006, 12:43 PM
I sure wish we had their Kicker...

AMEN!!!

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Vince Young had 2 TD passes. Last I checked that's 14 points.

Vince Young converted 7 first downs using his legs. He kept Peyton off the field.

Double Barrel
12-04-2006, 06:35 PM

Some stats are more telling than others...the above speaks volumes.

Congrats to the Titans. The Colts are a great team and might even be the AFC team to beat this year (yesterday not withstanding). Wish we could beat them once in five freakin' years!

RTP2110
12-04-2006, 09:55 PM

Uuuuuummm, if the Colts only had 9 plays and 47 yards in the 3rd quarter, then your defense had A LOT to do with it. Who do you think was stopping the Colts' offense? Wait let me guess, Vince Young right??

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Uuuuuummm, if the Colts only had 9 plays and 47 yards in the 3rd quarter, then your defense had A LOT to do with it. Who do you think was stopping the Colts' offense? Wait let me guess, Vince Young right??

Vince Young isn't good and isn't mainly responsible for the Titans going 5-4 since he took over. You're right...

RTP2110
12-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Vince Young isn't good and isn't mainly responsible for the Titans going 5-4 since he took over. You're right...

I never said VY wasn't any good. I'm just saying give a little credit to the rest of the team for the Titans' last two wins.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I never said VY wasn't any good. I'm just saying give a little credit to the rest of the team for the Titans' last two wins.

Our defense is stepping up, that's for sure. We have played the Colts twice and here are the scores added up of each team, respectively:

Colts: 31
Titans: 33

That's impressive.

Maddict5
12-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Chris Hope (#24) is his name.

no it was lamont thompson i was thinking of...got beat when i saw them v the ravens, giants and im sure it was him (long dreadlocks) not hope that got burned on marvins td

Maddict5
12-05-2006, 10:06 AM
I love the way you make it sound like the Titans would have lost without the field goal. They were tied and would have gone to OT. Just like the Titans' winning kick last week.

i have said VY has been good for them..but i think its unreasonable the way alot of ye have been making it out like VY is doing it all by himself...when alot of it is down to good defence, ST, and a good running game(that VY is part of but henry and the o-line deserve credit too)

What does that have to do with the defense?

And for the record, it was #24 Chris Hope that was torched.

Some stats are more telling than others...the above speaks volumes.

that stat isnt very telling it shows they converted well on 3rd down but alot of them couldve come on 1 or 2 drives and gone 3 and out many other times.. similiarly the titans D couldve given up a couple 1st downs every drive before stopping them...

im not saying thats what happened because i didnt watch the game and wont bother checking but to suggest that is the telling stat is wrong

i know the most telling stat- holding the high powered colts offence to 17

even we'd have a chance against them with crappy DC at qb...

20 points (inc 3 on an unlikely 60 yd fg attempt) against a suspect D when you have 200+ yds of rushing isnt nearly as impressive...

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-05-2006, 11:08 AM
that stat isnt very telling it shows they converted well on 3rd down but alot of them couldve come on 1 or 2 drives and gone 3 and out many other times.. similiarly the titans D couldve given up a couple 1st downs every drive before stopping them...

I think we went 3 and out 2 times. 3 tops. Which was in the 1st quarter. The 2nd-4th quarters was like watching the 2003 Titans all over again.

Huge
12-05-2006, 01:39 PM
no it was lamont thompson i was thinking of...got beat when i saw them v the ravens, giants and im sure it was him (long dreadlocks) not hope that got burned on marvins td
It was Hope. Rewind the game and you can see Thompson is only in the screen because he came from the other side of the field.

im not saying thats what happened because i didnt watch the game and wont bother checking but to suggest that is the telling stat is wrong

i know the most telling stat- holding the high powered colts offence to 17

even we'd have a chance against them with crappy DC at qb...

20 points (inc 3 on an unlikely 60 yd fg attempt) against a suspect D when you have 200+ yds of rushing isnt nearly as impressive...
No doubt the Titans defense stepped up in the 2nd half holding the Colts to only 3 points.

But if your offense is not on the field, it's not going to score. And that credit goes to the Titans' offense.

TNTitan
12-05-2006, 02:39 PM
I think we went 3 and out 2 times. 3 tops. Which was in the 1st quarter. The 2nd-4th quarters was like watching the 2003 Titans all over again.

i dont think we went 3 and out at all!

Maddict5
12-05-2006, 04:44 PM
looks like the Titans had the ball for about 12 mins of the 3rd quarter. They had one drive of 4:52 and another of 6:50...that leaves very little time for the Colts offense in that quarter.

were those drives caused by the ints in the reed zone?

Tulip
12-05-2006, 08:51 PM
were those drives caused by the ints in the reed zone?

Doesn't seem possible if the Colts only gained 47 yards.

vinceyoungfan
12-05-2006, 09:21 PM

Vince did indeed help the Titans get back after being behind in score. We can't get the ball down in the end zone without a quarterback. This is the second game in a row that the Titans were down by a lot of points and Vince brought the team back to win the game.

Sucks that your organization didn't pick him. He's one helluva guy!

Maddict5
12-06-2006, 05:49 AM
Doesn't seem possible if the Colts only gained 47 yards.

because the titans D...ummm VY stopped them:brickwall

HJam72
12-06-2006, 06:23 AM
The Titans' defense kept them in it and their kicker won it on a 60 yd. field goal.