PDA

View Full Version : The day mario got lapped...

stingray
12-03-2006, 08:53 PM
The Texans did win.. Big deal.. we beat the raiders!!! My grandma and five dudes from the neighborhood could have done the same. But on a serious note, on the day the that vince young beat the Colts (something carr hasn't done) and Reggie bush had four touchdowns, might have been the day that mario was passed and left behind. I'm not gonna start with the comparisons with mario, vince and reggie.. BUT, Vince is turning the Titan franchise around and reggie is starting to show shades of brilliance. All I can say is that it's a marathon and I hope Mario will catch both of them.

Texan1
12-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Agreed - thank goodness its marathon cause Bush and Young are sprinting past Mario right now

TexanFanInCC
12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
here we go again...

mexican_texan
12-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Blah blah blah God blah blah Titans blah blah blah Jesus blah blah blah New Orleans

Imatexanfan
12-03-2006, 09:00 PM
here we go again...
exactly......:wild:

FanFromCali
12-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Blah blah blah God blah blah Titans blah blah blah Jesus blah blah blah New Orleans

Exactly.

shinerbock_girl
12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
here we go again...

And again and again....Give it a rest already...So Reggie did very good against a bad defensive team (cough**49ers**cough) just like The Texans beat the Raiders...Whats your point????

texflex513
12-03-2006, 09:09 PM
OH BOY!!!! Why do we have to go here when all three teams won? At least post this crap when they win and WE lose Mario did way more on the field today than can be recorded and highlighted by BSpn.. im outta here:backsout:

Maddict5
12-03-2006, 09:10 PM
they both won but neither had great performances..they were both decent- exactly like mario(who had a good enough game imo)...

vince threw 2 ints in the red zone but the D and special teams won it..along with vinces 2 good tds and runs..good game by him but he didnt 'win' it

bush wasnt great at all..same problems as usual- he dances way too much.. got 4 tds but they were all nothing special

GuerillaBlack
12-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Bush's touchdowns were all inside the ten yard line. They weren't very long touchdowns.

TexanSam
12-03-2006, 09:14 PM
The comparisons between Vince, Reggie, and Mario are not always going to be on the individual level as they are now. Ultimately, what will be compared is how the franchises did while they were with the team. If Reggie Bush is on the Saints for 10 years, but they are continuous losers for most of those years, Reggie Bush will not be in such favorable light as he is now. Now if in those same 10 years, the Texans go to the playoffs almost every year, Mario will probably be seen more favorably. Same goes for Vince Young. The players individual statistics isn't always going to carry the day. Last time I checked, the NFL is the ultimate team sport.

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 09:15 PM
So GOD BUSH finally showed up? I thought GOD BUSH would have 2000 yards and 20 TDs by now?

TexansLucky13
12-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I hear they are considering Saint Reginald for ROY since he got 4 TD's against the 49er's today.

Wait, that can't be right. The 49er's? That's like bragging about beating the Texans! Jeepers.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Bush's touchdowns were all inside the ten yard line. They weren't very long touchdowns.

Hahhahhahahahahhahahahaahhaahahhaahahahahahh
ahahahahaha
ahahhahaa
hahahahahahahahahaha
ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maddict5
12-03-2006, 09:20 PM
So GOD BUSH finally showed up? I thought GOD BUSH would have 2000 yards and 20 TDs by now?

thats the thing-he didnt really show up(id have no problem admitting it if he did)- the saints gameplan gives him so many chances.. yet he still fails often- he cant make space at all and usually gets taken down by the 1st man because he dances, and dances, and dances and then gets tackled

SLO Texan
The Texans did win.. Big deal.. we beat the raiders!!! My grandma and five dudes from the neighborhood could have done the same. But on a serious note, on the day the that vince young beat the Colts (something carr hasn't done) and Reggie bush had four touchdowns, might have been the day that mario was passed and left behind. I'm not gonna start with the comparisons with mario, vince and reggie.. BUT, Vince is turning the Titan franchise around and reggie is starting to show shades of brilliance. All I can say is that it's a marathon and I hope Mario will catch both of them.

Too late...............

The fact of the matter is that MW is'nt a RB so you cant compare him to Reggie!!!

MW had a great game, he did'nt score 4TDs but he contributed in a big way.

We won!!!! Thats all that matters to me!!!!

GO TEXANS!!!!:wild: :yahoo: :snobord:

Texan1

You must not have watched the game - I did. One of those 'ten yard touchdowns' was tha play after Bush took a screen pass his own ten about 80 yards.

Anyway, take heart all - the comparisons will die off over time after a new draft class comes in and muddies the waters.

Not much of a comparison anayway, we got hosed

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
12-03-2006, 09:22 PM
The recap I heard on the radio about the Titians game was the fieldgoal kicker made a 60 yarder to win the game. If this is right give him the game ball. So when did Vince start kicking fieldgoals for Tenn?

Maddict5
12-03-2006, 09:23 PM
ahahahahaha
ahahhahaa
hahahahahahahahahaha

Neg. Rep for you

i watched most of the game(flicking back and forth) and he didnt do much- saw all the tds- nothing special..did you just look at the stats or did i miss something???

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 09:23 PM
How does 6th round pick Lundy match up against God?

SLO Texan
12-03-2006, 09:26 PM
ahahahahaha
ahahhahaa
hahahahahahahahahaha

Neg. Rep for you

U beat the Colts!!!!!!!!!!

Get the he** out of here and celebrate with ur own kind............

Texans win BABY!!!!!!!!!! :superman:

Thats all that matters!!!:marionaner:

Maddict5
12-03-2006, 09:29 PM
You must not have watched the game - I did. One of those 'ten yard touchdowns' was tha play after Bush took a screen pass his own ten about 80 yards.

Anyway, take heart all - the comparisons will die off over time after a new draft class comes in and muddies the waters.

Not much of a comparison anayway, we got hosed

ok i missed that play disregard my other comments

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 09:30 PM
1 Larry Johnson KC 1202 282 4.3 13 45
2 Frank Gore SF 1177 210 5.6 5 61
3 LaDainian Tomlinson SD 1146 229 5.0 21 58
4 Tiki Barber NYG 1080 226 4.8 1 46
5 Chester Taylor MIN 999 248 4.0 5 95
6 Thomas Jones CHI 945 235 4.0 4 29
7 Rudi Johnson CIN 937 246 3.8 8 22
8 Steven Jackson STL 932 218 4.3 6 37
9 Willie Parker PIT 915 210 4.4 9 76
10 Fred Taylor JAC 876 194 4.5 4 32
11 Michael Vick ATL 870 95 9.2 2 51
12 Warrick Dunn ATL 865 208 4.2 4 90
13 Julius Jones DAL 853 213 4.0 3 33
14 Brian Westbrook PHI 839 161 5.2 5 71
15 Jamal Lewis BAL 796 224 3.6 6 27
16 Joseph Addai IND 789 155 5.1 7 21
17 Ronnie Brown MIA 783 202 3.9 5 27
18 Travis Henry TEN 756 172 4.4 5 70
19 Cadillac Williams TB 697 183 3.8 1 38
20 Edgerrin James ARI 695 226 3.1 3 18
21 Ahman Green GB 688 169 4.1 4 70
22 Deuce McAllister NO 654 155 4.2 8 57
23 DeShaun Foster CAR 651 165 3.9 2 43
24 Tatum Bell DEN 649 151 4.3 2 39
25 Willis McGahee BUF 642 166 3.9 3 32
26 Kevin Jones DET 636 153 4.2 6 52
27 Laurence Maroney NE 610 151 4.0 4 41
28 Corey Dillon NE 550 132 4.2 7 50
29 Maurice Morris SEA 529 141 3.8 0 29
30 Clinton Portis WAS 523 127 4.1 7 38

Italics are guys who SPLIT TIME

Underlined are guys who have been injured

BOLD are rookies

Dont see GOD BUSH anywhere in the top 30?

Carr Bombed

retarded...........

the texans weren't drafting a QB.........vince is null and void.......sorry
The texans were criticized for passing on R. Bush, the same guy who isn't even the best back on his own team..........News flash everybody the Texans for once made the right move......Mario forced how many holding penalties today and QB pressure., why did we win today.......pressure and defense. Vince might turn into a great player in this league...........but guess what.....so will Mario.

Its about filling holes....this year we made a switch on defensive schemes and we were bleeding at DE, we got a good one........not to mention one of the best LBs in the league. Here's another food for thought, we take anybody other than Mario at #1 we're most likely taking DE in round two to fill out this 4-3......kiss DeMeco goodbye. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Does anyone argue that the Texans didn't have their best draft in team history............nnnnoooooo, because the Texans hit on almost all their picks...........just be glad they did and MMMOOOVVVEEE on.

TexansLucky13
How does 6th round pick Lundy match up against God?

Nice... hahaha.

dirty steve
12-03-2006, 09:34 PM
ronnie brown broke his hand
julius jones is spelled by barber III ALOT.

HoustonTexans
12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
well...

MARIO plays better defense than Vince and Reggie COMBINED

Texan1
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
.Mario forced how many holding penalties today and QB pressure., why did we win today.......pressure and defense.

No we won, b/c the Raiders didn't want to win. 3 missed FGs and too many onforced turnovers to count

Stampede
12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
well...

MARIO plays better defense than Vince and Reggie COMBINED

Wait until the trolls sober up, they won't be able to comprehend this right now.

Wolf
12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
retarded...........

The texans were criticized for passing on R. Bush, the same guy who isn't even the best back on his own team..........News flash everybody the Texans for once made the right move......Mario forced how many holding penalties today and QB pressure., why did we win today.......pressure and defense. Vince might turn into a great player in this league...........but guess what.....so will Mario.

Its about filling holes....this year we made a switch on defensive schemes and we were bleeding at DE, we got a good one........not to mention one of the best LBs in the league. Here's another food for thought, we take anybody other than Mario at #1 we're most likely taking DE in round two to fill out this 4-3......kiss DeMeco goodbye. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Does anyone argue that the Texans didn't have their best draft in team history............nnnnoooooo, because the Texans hit on almost all their picks...........just be glad they did and MMMOOOVVVEEE on.

LOL, good post, some people just forget that at some point we had to go ugly with our pics to fill up the trenches

TexanBacker93
12-03-2006, 09:53 PM
As someone in the game thread mentioned...if the Texans took Bush or Young they probably would have looked at a DE with the 1st pick in the 2nd round. I'd rather have DeMeco and Mario than Bush or Young and someone else. They'll both be very good, but DeMeco's going to be one of the great ones. Well, in my opinion at least.

(edit) also mentioned above. I really should read the thread before commenting. Oh well.

joedinkle
12-03-2006, 09:53 PM
:rant: I HATE OUR FANS!!!

Carr Bombed
12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
No we won, b/c the Raiders didn't want to win. 3 missed FGs and too many onforced turnovers to count

Everything you just listed could be said for the texans

the texans didn't want to win, missed FG, too many forced (to say the radiers TOS weren't forced is laughable) turnovers to count....its all a wash

The Texans were stuck in bad Field position all day, especially in the first half, if was the texans DEFENSE that stepped up and made difference.......it was the texans DEFENSE THAT WON US THE GAME.

mexican_texan
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Since you can't compare the Football Trinity, how about you compare them against their peers?

jlam
If ever there was a thread worthy of a :banana: then this is it.

Where's my pink elephant??

Carr Bombed
As someone in the game thread mentioned...if the Texans took Bush or Young they probably would have looked at a DE with the 1st pick in the 2nd round. I'd rather have DeMeco and Mario than Bush or Young and someone else. They'll both be very good, but DeMeco's going to be one of the great ones. Well, in my opinion at least.

(edit) also mentioned above. I really should read the thread before commenting. Oh well.

That was me..... and its true, every team making the switch either drafts a DE high or picks up a stud.

Mario+DeMeco = a great Texans defense and what will be the core of this team

Vince and Bush backers either switch teams or get in line

Mario was not a bad pick.........just different philosophy in schemes and need

ib4texans
12-03-2006, 10:02 PM

Right...............just like DC does not want to win. They must just not want to win even worse.:crying:

ulsaint
12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
So let me get this straight. Bush's TDs don't count because:

1. They were less than 10 yards (all of which required more skill than any RB on the Texans posseses.)
2. They came against the 49ers- (Who would absolutely roll the Texans if they played).

But, Mario's two tackle zero sack performance against the worst team in the NFL is impressive because he forced a few holding calls?

I'm sorry, Bush has been somewhat disappointing but his presence makes everyone on the Saints better because he must be accounted for on every play, kind of like Lundy...er well not so much Wali, but you get the point.

Bush has hit his stride the last few weeks. He's not dancing as much and hitting the hole. This might not go down as disgraceful as taking Bowie over Jordan but it's pretty bad.

No one on the Texans can honestly say that Bush wouldn't have energized this apathetic fan base. You have a QB most of the fans hate and no playmakers save Johnson. And honestly, has Mario really improved the defense? Would the Texans be 2-10 without Mario? I doubt he's made much difference. Bush by my count has been worth at least two Saints wins and countless more when you factor in how he opens up the defense for everyone else.

And unlike Vick who is an illiterate thug unworthy of all the attention, Bush is an intelligent soft-spoken humble guy that has put the Saints on the map. Where are the Texans in the public eye? Exactly.

stingray
12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
retarded...........

I'm sorry but the filling holes goes out the window when you have a special player like vince. You could see that he was a special player in the rose bowl last year against usc. You can turn your draft board upside down on draft day. when you have a player like Walter payton, eric dickerson, or john elway, you take them. Vince young is that type of star. Everybody saw it in the Rose Bowl. Everybody in the country saw it.

nunusguy
12-03-2006, 10:08 PM
i watched most of the game(flicking back and forth) and he didnt do much- saw all the tds- nothing special..did you just look at the stats or did i miss something???
I watched the Saints-49ers game myself, and Reggie was truly spectacular and exciting on a few plays, but truth be told he's still the Saints backup running back behind Deuce. Bush had less than 40 yards on 10 carries, while Deuce had way over 100 yards rushing.
Bush's bread and butter position more and more looks like pass receiver.

NederlandTexan
12-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Hasn't this gotten old yet? Who give a big sh!t about Bush and Young? You are trying to compare a QB, RB, and DE for crying out loud. We drafted Mario, if you don't like it, pull for the Saints or Titans. :wild:

stingray
12-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Hasn't this gotten old yet? Who give a big sh!t about Bush and Young? You are trying to compare a QB, RB, and DE for crying out loud. We drafted Mario, if you don't like it, pull for the Saints or Titans. :wild:

I'm not comparing positions!!!!!!! I'M COMPARING THE FIRST THREE PLAYERS IN 2006 NFL DRAFT. Tell the portland trailblazers if it's a big deal when they compare Sam Bowie to Michael Jordan!!!!!!!!!

Marcus
Here's another food for thought, we take anybody other than Mario at #1 we're most likely taking DE in round two to fill out this 4-3......kiss DeMeco goodbye. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Does anyone argue that the Texans didn't have their best draft in team history............nnnnoooooo, because the Texans hit on almost all their picks...........just be glad they did and MMMOOOVVVEEE on.

Because the "Vince is GOD" crowd is convinced that he is better than Mario and DeMeco combined.

Very sad.

yourfavoritetexan42
i hate when all people measure defensive linemen on "sacks"... 60% of the time the team is running the ball... Tackles for Loss > sacks. Tackles>sacks. becuase when a d linemen gets a tackle, it is usually for a short gain and that means they are not only getting off a block off of 1 or 2 300 pound linemen, but they are tackling someone who is twice as fast as them. D linemen also tie up the linemen so that the linebackers can make the tackles.

so mario williams could have 60+ tackles for loss this season than the nfl leader, 100+ tackles more than the nfl leader, and tie up the whole offensive line every play, but he only has 4 sacks so he is a bust.

I think people need to take a class and earn a football degree before commenting on football.

mexican_texan
12-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Leinart is doing better than Young and Addai is doing better than Bush. Au Revoir for tonight.

Carr Bombed
12-03-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm sorry but the filling holes goes out the window when you have a special player like vince. You could see that he was a special player in the rose bowl last year against usc. You can turn your draft board upside down on draft day. when you have a player like Walter payton, eric dickerson, or john elway, you take them. Vince young is that type of star. Everybody saw it in the Rose Bowl. Everybody in the country saw it.

I'm sorry everything you just typed goes out the window

comming out in the draft Vince wasn't considered anything close to Payton, Dickerson, or Elway.........thats laughable..........Vince was considered a project at best (a three year project....nothing like the players you mentioned above were mentioned (not even like Vick), even the great Fisher didn't want him.

I love how everybody throws out how good their defense is playing. speaking of the rose bowl and that whole 2005 college year.......yeah I could see how great Vince was playing...I could see how great Matt L. was playing...I could see how the almighty BUSH was playing...and even how great L. White was playing. This whole thread is a joke, watch the games, something is going on with the Titans defense, they are good

Mario+DeMeco is better than Vince..........period....

ulsaint
12-03-2006, 10:19 PM

comming out in the draft Vince wasn't considered anything close to Payton, Dickerson, or Elway.........thats laughable..........Vince was considered a project at best (a three year project....nothing the players you mentioned above were mentioned), even the great Fisher didn't want him.

I love how everybody throws out how good their defense is playing. speaking of the rose bowl and that whole 2005 college year.......yeah I could see how great Vince was playing...I could see how great Matt L. was playing...I could see how the almighty BUSH was playing...and even how great L. White was playing. This whole thread is a joke, watch the games, something is going on with the Titans defense, they are good

And why exactly couldn't the Texans have taken Vince and Ryan? It's not like their defense is any better with Mario. At least they would be set up and the fans would be excited. As it is they have no QB, which is only the most important position in the game.

But hey, what do I know, 4.5 sacks is pretty awesome.

stingray
12-03-2006, 10:26 PM

comming out in the draft Vince wasn't considered anything close to Payton, Dickerson, or Elway.........thats laughable..........Vince was considered a project at best (a three year project....nothing the players you mentioned above were mentioned), even the great Fisher didn't want him.

What player is not considered a project when drafted, I think mario was considered more of a project coming in. He was considered as a talented DE with average moves. Don't you recall that he got half of his sacks in one game against Maryland. And vince young won the the rose bowl for ut mostly by himself. So you really are convinced that vince is just going to be an average quarterback. I mean, I don't like the tiatns, but you gotta admit they got a special player playing behind center. Your just trying to convince your texan pride that "he's all right". Dude, wake up and YOU watch the games cause your missing them!!!!!!

thunderkyss
12-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Here's my take on the whole thing.

First, if we had drafted Vince, we still might have taken Demeco, depending on who was there. Demeco was the BPA according to our guys.

That said, What Vince did today, and last week doesn't make Mario a bad choice. David is David, and he did today exactly what we should have expected him to do.

So what they are the Raiders..... same as Miami, their offense sucks, but their defense ain't no joke. They are #2 against the pass, which is nothing to sneeze at when they play in the same division as KC, SD, & Denver...... who've all been known for their passing proficiency(except this year).

The Oakland Raiders are one of the few teams in the league that consistently gets pressure with their front 4. I could have done without the fumbles..... but again, why would anyone expect differently from David.

I didn't see any progress in our offense today. Oakland gives up 133 yard/gm running the ball. We got 129...... Our QB didn't make things happen, boo-hoo. that's what we expected when we gave him $8 million. That's why we brought Kubiak in. To fix him.

Far as I know, he's right on schedule.

Wolf
12-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Here's my take on the whole thing.

First, if we had drafted Vince, we still might have taken Demeco, depending on who was there. Demeco was the BPA according to our guys.

That said, What Vince did today, and last week doesn't make Mario a bad choice. David is David, and he did today exactly what we should have expected him to do.

So what they are the Raiders..... same as Miami, their offense sucks, but their defense ain't no joke. They are #2 against the pass, which is nothing to sneeze at when they play in the same division as KC, SD, & Denver...... who've all been known for their passing proficiency(except this year).

The Oakland Raiders are one of the few teams in the league that consistently gets pressure with their front 4. I could have done without the fumbles..... but again, why would anyone expect differently from David.

I didn't see any progress in our offense today. Oakland gives up 133 yard/gm running the ball. We got 129...... Our QB didn't make things happen, boo-hoo. that's what we expected when we gave him $8 million. That's why we brought Kubiak in. To fix him.

Far as I know, he's right on schedule.

and just think, we tried to trade up for a rb..and if that would have went through we wouldn't have had ryans

Carr Bombed
12-03-2006, 10:41 PM
What player is not considered a project when drafted, I think mario was considered more of a project coming in. He was considered as a talented DE with average moves. Don't you recall that he got half of his sacks in one game against Maryland. And vince young won the the rose bowl for ut mostly by himself. So you really are convinced that vince is just going to be an average quarterback. I mean, I don't like the tiatns, but you gotta admit they got a special player playing behind center. Your just trying to convince your texan pride that "he's all right". Dude, wake up and YOU watch the games cause your missing them!!!!!!

ahh......What player is considered a project.......let me see a player that is projected to learn how to play QB all over again, because he didn't play it in college. The option isn't run in the NFL. Also you must not be a die hard UT fan, because being one, I'm completely sick of people saying Vince won that game all by himself. Oh wait Huff's INT at the 1 yard line didn't make a difference, oh wait the forced fumble on the wr didn't make a difference, oh wait the hussle play and fumble recovery on Bush (the almighty) didn't make a difference, oh wait just about every clutch (and I say clutch, becuase he caught some poorly thrown balls) catch that David Thomas made on every 3rd down play for a first didn't make a difference (just about all his catches were for first), oh wait the 4th and 1 stop that allowed Texas to have a chance to come back and win didn't make a difference.

I have NFL ticket.......I watch Vince EVERY SUNDAY..........Titans defense is playing great............wake UP and WATCH THAT!!!!!!!!!!

stingray
12-03-2006, 10:54 PM
ahh......What player is considered a project.......let me see a player that is projected to learn how to play QB all over again, because he didn't play it in college. The option isn't run in the NFL. Also you must not be a die hard UT fan, because being one, I'm completely sick of people saying Vince won that game all by himself. Oh wait Huff's INT at the 1 yard line didn't make a difference, oh wait the forced fumble on the wr didn't make a difference, oh wait the hussle play and fumble recovery on Bush (the almighty) didn't make a difference, oh wait just about every clutch (and I say clutch, becuase he caught some poorly thrown balls) catch that David Thomas made on every 3rd down play for a first didn't make a difference (just about all his catches were for first), oh wait the 4th and 1 stop that allowed Texas to have a chance to come back and win didn't make a difference.

I have NFL ticket.......I watch Vince EVERY SUNDAY..........Titans defense is playing great............wake UP and WATCH THAT!!!!!!!!!!

Hell no, im not a UT fan. I'm a OU fan. But I admit when my opponent has a talented player.. AND UT would have been beat last year 50- 21 by usc without vince. I have the video tape of the rose bowl. You forget that usc almost put up 40 on the ut defense. and that's with vince controlling the ball.
Vince has beat the giants and the colts in the last two weeks. It's amazing that the titans couldn't do anything right before vince started. But now that vince is starting, it's just a coincidence that they are winning.

Wolf
12-03-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm not comparing positions!!!!!!! I'M COMPARING THE FIRST THREE PLAYERS IN 2006 NFL DRAFT. Tell the portland trailblazers if it's a big deal when they compare Sam Bowie to Michael Jordan!!!!!!!!!

well you left out Olajuwon if you are comparing 3 players

I don't understand the logic that Player X automatically stinks becuase Player Z is good (and viceversa)

why can't VY,Bush and Mario be good?

stingray
12-03-2006, 11:01 PM

I don't understand the logic that Player X automatically stinks becuase Player Z is good (and viceversa)

I never asserted that any of them stink. I'm just stating that two have an advantage right now. But it can change. Like I said, it's a marathon.

Wolf
12-03-2006, 11:03 PM
I never asserted that any of them stink. I'm just stating that two have an advantage right now. But it can change. Like I said, it's a marathon.

so why the Trailblazer Sam Bowie talk for not taking Jordan? (BTW Portland had Clyde the Glide already)

Carr Bombed
12-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Hell no, im not a UT fan. I'm a OU fan. But I admit when my opponent has a talented player.. AND UT would have been beat last year 50- 21 by usc without vince. I have the video tape of the rose bowl. You forget that usc almost put up 40 on the ut defense. and that's with vince controlling the ball.
Vince has beat the giants and the colts in the last two weeks. It's amazing that the titans couldn't do anything right before vince started. But now that vince is starting, it's just a coincidence that they are winning.

Wow there you go again........You know what else is amazing...its amazing our defense couldn't do crap at the start of the season.......many fans were calling for the D coords. head, but as the season rolled on so did the Texan's D.......just like the Titan's....... crack man, pack man jones is having a great year.....obviously your not watching

I also have the Rose Bowl on tape....best game ever, and UT would not have been beat 50-21..... without Vince. get real. USC's defense sucked flat out....they sucked

Vince is a good rookie QB.....is he the answer to every problem the Texans have (I say this because you act like he was the answer to all UTs woes, even though McCoy broke most freshman QB records)........no

gwallaia
12-03-2006, 11:04 PM

Because that is too gray. This must be a black-white argument. :spy: :eek:

TheRealJoker
12-03-2006, 11:11 PM
All 3 won this week. All 3 contributed to helping their team win this week.

How bout that?

gwallaia
12-03-2006, 11:12 PM
All 3 won this week. All 3 contributed to helping their team win this week.

How bout that?

Not good enough. Still too much gray. One of these players has to be judged the best.

Carr Bombed
12-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Hell no, im not a UT fan. I'm a OU fan.

P.S.

what kind of Sooner fan follows and tapes a TEXAS game. I could absolutey care less what OU does, after all yall can't do crap without half your players being recruted from texas anyways...............

TNTitan
12-03-2006, 11:18 PM
they both won but neither had great performances..they were both decent- exactly like mario(who had a good enough game imo)...

vince threw 2 ints in the red zone but the D and special teams won it..along with vinces 2 good tds and runs..good game by him but he didnt 'win' it
bush wasnt great at all..same problems as usual- he dances way too much.. got 4 tds but they were all nothing special

i disagree, holding Colts ToP to 12:00 min or so in 2nd half Vince converting 3rd down did with this for us!

thunderkyss
12-03-2006, 11:20 PM

McLeon's INT was because Mario hit Brooks' arm.... Mario had a very good day, and judging by the performance of the rest of our DL all year, we'd have lost this game had it not been for Mario.

No doubt that Vince & Reggie look flashier....... but I honestly think Mario had just as much an impact on his team as they did on theirs.

Wow, Cutler just threw a 9 yard pass that turned into a 71 yard TD pass.

dtran04
12-03-2006, 11:22 PM
If Mario was lapped by Reggie, he was already ahead by 2 laps anyway.

thunderkyss
12-03-2006, 11:23 PM
P.S.

what kind of Sooner fan follows and tapes a TEXAS game. I could absolutey care less what OU does, after all yall can't do crap without half your players being recruted from texas anyways...............

It was the National Championship game.

Michael Huff, D.Jarrette, Reggie Bush, Lendale White, Jamal Charles, Vince Young, Matt Lienart, Darnell Bing, Limas Sweed, Dave Thomas......

who didn't record that game??

Carr Bombed
12-03-2006, 11:25 PM
i disagree, holding Colts ToP to 12:00 min or so in 2nd half Vince converting 3rd down did with this for us!

it was a total team effort.....good job by your defense keeping the colts from scoring inside their 5..........good win.....good job.

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Didnt a few weeks ago Mario HAVE MORE rushing yards than Reggie Bush; ZERO?

BattleRedRaider
12-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Didnt a few weeks ago Mario HAVE MORE rushing yards than Reggie Bush; ZERO?

You know, I always wondered..........

I know Mario played RB briefly in high school........

I would love it if they gave Mario the ball in a goalline situation and he scored.

phan1
12-04-2006, 12:12 AM

Absolutely agree with you. His TDs weren't anything special, nothing Deuce couldn't have done himself. Defintiely take Mario over Reggie and day of the week. VY however.... You could build a ggod case for that...

Goldeagle
12-04-2006, 12:53 AM
WALI LUNDY
Year G GS Att Yds Avg Lg TD
2006 9 6 106 415 3.9 35 3

REGGIE BUSH
Year G GS Att Yds Avg Lg TD
2006 11 3 109 331 3.0 18 4

Going with OUR team needs, Lundy looks much better than Bush. Bush has the catches, but with Dominick Davis out, a 6th round pick is beating out GOD BUSH in rushing

run-david-run
12-04-2006, 01:49 AM

this is the problem right here. Michael Huff, Aaron Harris, Rod Wright...all those guys that stopped LenDale on 4th down will never get anywhere near as much credit as Vince despite the fact that had they not stoped White on 4th down, USC would be champs. VY had 40 pass attempts and was not sacked. Is anyone going to say Justin Blaylock, Will Allen and Jonathan Scott had huge impacts on the game? No. Football is a team sport, its not just about the guy with the ball.

Vinny
12-04-2006, 02:20 AM

I have NFL ticket.......I watch Vince EVERY SUNDAY..........Titans defense is playing great............wake UP and WATCH THAT!!!!!!!!!!I donno...Texas pre-Vince Young and post Vince Young aren't as good as the Longhorns with Vince Young (some said their coach couldn't win the big games). The Titans were 9-23 before Vince young and now they are 5-2 his last 7 starts....I think this VY guy just may be pretty good.

Carr Bombed
12-04-2006, 06:45 AM
I donno...Texas pre-Vince Young and post Vince Young aren't as good as the Longhorns with Vince Young (some said their coach couldn't win the big games). The Titans were 9-23 before Vince young and now they are 5-2 his last 7 starts....I think this VY guy just may be pretty good.

I'm not down playing Vince, just giving credit where credit is due. Titans D has been playing great as of late, especially at forcing TOs

Also with Texas.......McCoy getting injured had alot to do with them dropping the last two games. So did losing David Thomas and Micheal Huff and Rodrique Wright, I could go on. You can't win the title every year.

Keldar
12-04-2006, 07:29 AM
I especially like the way Wince Stung caused Indy to have numerous penalties and turnovers. Then to top it off, he kicked a 60 plus yard field goal to win the game for the Titans.

He really is a diety!!! :wow: :rolleyes:

stingray
12-04-2006, 09:23 AM
P.S.

It was a christmas gift from a diehard UT fan. Kind of making of fun of me. And I watched it cause it was an exciting game. And cause I love football. And as for OU being being crap without Texas Players, maybe so but they won the big 12 champioship this year and have more national championships than UT ever will. And by the way, I guarantee you that UT would have won the another title this year if vince would have stayed.

stingray
12-04-2006, 09:31 AM
this is the problem right here. Michael Huff, Aaron Harris, Rod Wright...all those guys that stopped LenDale on 4th down will never get anywhere near as much credit as Vince despite the fact that had they not stoped White on 4th down, USC would be champs. VY had 40 pass attempts and was not sacked. Is anyone going to say Justin Blaylock, Will Allen and Jonathan Scott had huge impacts on the game? No. Football is a team sport, its not just about the guy with the ball.

I know football is a team sport. I played football all through high school. Ut had a good team last year. They have had many athletes. But they wouldn't have won it all last year if they didn't have vince. They would have hade a nice team. Probably gone to the sugar bowl with a 10-2 record, but no national champioship. Take manning away from the colts, brady away from the patriots, or ladianian away from the chargers. The're still decent teams but nothing compared to what they are right now. Many people have this concept that chapionships are won with everyone pulling together and picking each other up and that everyone is equally talented. For the most part, championships are won with several good players and one or two very special players.

stingray
12-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Wow there you go again........You know what else is amazing...its amazing our defense couldn't do crap at the start of the season.......many fans were calling for the D coords. head, but as the season rolled on so did the Texan's D.......just like the Titan's....... crack man, pack man jones is having a great year.....obviously your not watching

I also have the Rose Bowl on tape....best game ever, and UT would not have been beat 50-21..... without Vince. get real. USC's defense sucked flat out....they sucked

Vince is a good rookie QB.....is he the answer to every problem the Texans have (I say this because you act like he was the answer to all UTs woes, even though McCoy broke most freshman QB records)........no

Dude, you just hate vince cause he's with the titans.I figured you out. Your a big time texan homer and will not give any other player on another team credit. What in the world did UT ever do before vince got there. I think they last won a champiosnship in the 50's or 60's. And then vince gets there and takes a talented team over the hump and wins the title. And what happened after he left. Three losses this season.

Errant Hothy
12-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Don't fogret to add a forced fumble to Reggie's stats. :D

Texan_Bill
12-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Dude, you just hate vince cause he's with the titans.I figured you out. Your a big time texan homer and will not give any other player on another team credit. What in the world did UT ever do before vince got there. I think they last won a champiosnship in the 50's or 60's. And then vince gets there and takes a talented team over the hump and wins the title. And what happened after he left. Three losses this season.

And yet as an Aggie, I'm worried about this true freshman that Texas had this year who got injured... Whats he going to be like as a sophomore?? Junior?? The only question for McCoywill be if he can have the same talent around him for the next two - three seasons that VY had around him. If so, then I think Texas will be in good shape for another national title --- without VY....

boyo
12-04-2006, 04:44 PM
The comparisons between Vince, Reggie, and Mario are not always going to be on the individual level as they are now. Ultimately, what will be compared is how the franchises did while they were with the team. If Reggie Bush is on the Saints for 10 years, but they are continuous losers for most of those years, Reggie Bush will not be in such favorable light as he is now. Now if in those same 10 years, the Texans go to the playoffs almost every year, Mario will probably be seen more favorably. Same goes for Vince Young. The players individual statistics isn't always going to carry the day. Last time I checked, the NFL is the ultimate team sport.

How do you explain how Barry Sanders is viewed?

Texan_Bill
12-04-2006, 04:49 PM
How do you explain how Barry Sanders is viewed?

Hmmm, Barry Sanders will always be remembered as the Lousy Lions went for all those years.....??

Good point and now've you done it..

You asked a question that defies all logic on this board. Geeez.. :brickwall

Vinny
12-04-2006, 04:53 PM
How do you explain how Barry Sanders is viewed?personally, I view him as the only good reason to watch the Lions play in his era. Great players on bad teams are still fun to watch....but not mediocre players that are supposed to be great but really aren't

real
12-04-2006, 04:54 PM
That's the kind of Logic that would lead you to say Dilfer was better than Marino.....

Carr Bombed
12-04-2006, 05:28 PM
It was a christmas gift from a diehard UT fan. Kind of making of fun of me. And I watched it cause it was an exciting game. And cause I love football. And as for OU being being crap without Texas Players, maybe so but they won the big 12 champioship this year and have more national championships than UT ever will. And by the way, I guarantee you that UT would have won the another title this year if vince would have stayed.

Yep your right.......I hate Vince Young......yep thats it...:rolleyes:

I only rooted for the guy all his years at UT.

Also OU is going down, Mack Brown has put a stop to all the Elite Texas talent leaving the state. Stoops is going to have to rely on Texas and A&M castoffs.....

UT......pre Colt McCoy injury was by far the best team in the big twelve and they will be next year too. Enjoy your little championship this year though.

dantem
12-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Hm... Our Offence took the game off yesterday, and our defense took over and won. how well would Vince have done if his defense took the day off?

BTW/ I was impressed with RB for the first time yesterday, he ran well. Vince on the other hand only supplies moral support to his team, his level of play is pretty average.

Orion
12-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Hm... Our Offence took the game off yesterday, and our defense took over and won. how well would Vince have done if his defense took the day off?

BTW/ I was impressed with RB for the first time yesterday, he ran well. Vince on the other hand only supplies moral support to his team, his level of play is pretty average.

thats ridiculous, you obviously didn't watch the game.....did you see how many third downs he ran for, in the clutch situations,when the game was on the line, when most quarterbacks would have thrown the ball away or got minimal yardage, he is making the nfl look like college games......anyone who can't see that is :brickwall ...

dantem
12-04-2006, 07:20 PM
thats ridiculous, you obviously didn't watch the game.....did you see how many third downs he ran for, in the clutch situations,when the game was on the line, when most quarterbacks would have thrown the ball away or got minimal yardage, he is making the nfl look like college games......anyone who can't see that is :brickwall ...

For a QB In th NFL who runs a lot :brickwall = a short career. I hope for his sake he finds a passing game.

Look back at the other QB's that have had to run the ball a lot. Most of them last about 2 years because of injuries. That approach does not work well in the NFL.

and your right, I did not see the whole game. The part I saw looked just like the other games that the Titans have won, in spite of his college level performance.

swoldier
12-04-2006, 07:49 PM
retarded...........

Hell yeah i totally agree with you. Everybody needs to quit whining about the pick because if you havent noticed Mario is playing really well for a rookie defensive end. He is a constant force to deal with out there on that field, and plus reggie had one good day scoring td's against the who the 49ers please give me a break im sure Lundy could do the same thing if we had a quarterback that knew wtf he was doing and actually moved the ball so lundy could get those easy 5 yard td's. Mario by far was the right choice to make.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-05-2006, 12:48 AM
Whoever gave me negative rep and put the reason as "Go Home" ... I am at home...on my computer...

TK_Gamer
12-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Everything you just listed could be said for the texans

the texans didn't want to win, missed FG, too many forced (to say the radiers TOS weren't forced is laughable) turnovers to count....its all a wash

The Texans were stuck in bad Field position all day, especially in the first half, if was the texans DEFENSE that stepped up and made difference.......it was the texans DEFENSE THAT WON US THE GAME.

yes our defense played well, but our special teams played their best game of the year, lets not forget that, 2 huge returns late in the game, 3 key fieldgoals. great work by the coverage team to limit a very good return guy on oakland. Id say its a toss up between the 2, it wasnt all defense, lets not forget some excelent running in the 2nd half also.

TK_Gamer
12-05-2006, 01:03 AM
now as far as the draft thing goes, mario does what we hired him to do, he creates chaos on the line, changes formations and pressures the QB. I'm glad we got him. what we should be talking about though is prolly the best LB taken in the draft in quite some time, Demeco Ryans. he is a beast and we stole the prize at the draft IMHO.

Mr. White
12-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Whoever gave me negative rep and put the reason as "Go Home" ... I am at home...on my computer...

Not very Texan of them. I'd give you some, but I need to spread some around.

After all, Tejas means "friend." If you don't believe me, go watch Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

Nevimeister
12-05-2006, 11:53 AM
What you should have done was traded down. If the Texans had then they would have received an extra 1st round pick either this year from the Jets or next year from the Titans. Bush would have gone #1, A.J. Hawk #2 to the Saints then either Young to the Titans at #3 if the Jets trade up or sit at #3. Either way you save money, gain draft picks and most likely still get Mario Williams. Even if he is off the board at #4 you still get D'Brickashaw and it's not like you couldn't use offensive line help

dtran04
12-05-2006, 11:54 AM
And why would they trade up with the Texans again? It takes two to tango.

Texan_Bill
12-05-2006, 11:57 AM
What you should have done was traded down. If the Texans had then they would have received an extra 1st round pick either this year from the Jets or next year from the Titans. Bush would have gone #1, A.J. Hawk #2 to the Saints then either Young to the Titans at #3 if the Jets trade up or sit at #3. Either way you save money, gain draft picks and most likely still get Mario Williams. Even if he is off the board at #4 you still get D'Brickashaw and it's not like you couldn't use offensive line help

Geeeez, why didn't our crack front office think about that... Seriously though, I think only offer that was out there (allegedly) was the Jets offering a 1st and a 3rd.

Vinny
12-05-2006, 11:58 AM

I agree

Signed,
Madden football video game franchise mode

(it takes two to tango - the Saints, Jets nor the Titans were going to give a future #1 to move up and take the player they got where they stayed)

wolfscar
12-05-2006, 12:17 PM
I like that this thread started out with '...I'm not gonna start with the comparisons with mario, vince and reggie...'

Just to throw my own 2 cents into the melting pot, I don't think Mario is anywhere near being lapped.
- Vince's team had its game of the season thanks - largely - to their defense and to a decent performance from Young himself.
- Reggie Bush is going to be a massively potent player in this league in years to come and (regardless of what a few people are saying in this thread) he showed a few flashes of it on Sunday. He made a lot of yards for his team and scored some good touchdowns.
- Mario is playing injured and is still causing major problems for every team he faces, week on week.

For the season I place them Mario, Vince, Reggie at this point, in terms of what they've added to their teams. If Vince was in Houston he might be putting up big numbers, but he'd be getting sacked a whole lot more too. If Reggie was in Houston he might be putting up big numbers but most likely he'd be dancing around the backfield every play waiting for our line to figure out how to block.

We picked Mario. He's doing great. Nuff said.

kfranco_utexas
12-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Amazing how people in this message board are. Y'all settle for mediocracy, or less.

VY was the right answer. He has all of the intangibles that Carr will never had. He is a natural proven winner, A leader, A guy that will stick up for his team and vice versa.

We let him go, now he will make us eat dirt on sunday.:tearup:

mexican_texan
12-05-2006, 12:44 PM
You may be right...but I know I don't want to ever see Mario go up against our line. He's a beast. I'm happy with him here.

Texan_Bill
12-05-2006, 12:47 PM

You're right.... :ok:

Nothing like a defeatest attitude.

We are about to play our 13th game of the season. VY did not get picked (sorry T'sip homers), Bush did not get picked (sorry.... whatever Bush fans are called)... Get over it.

Go Texans and beat the Tennessee Youngs.
:fans:

Vinny
12-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Amazing how people in this message board are. Y'all settle for mediocracy, or less.

VY was the right answer. He has all of the intangibles that Carr will never had. He is a natural proven winner, A leader, A guy that will stick up for his team and vice versa.

We let him go, now he will make us eat dirt on sunday.:tearup:I agree....way too many of our fans just accept rotten play and seem to be ok with guys never reaching their potential. I'm only happy with the Mario pick if Carr proves to be a franchise QB. So far after most of the '06 season we have a 3-4 end playing a 4-3 tackle and a mediocre QB that can only win if the other players make plays.

Kaiser Toro
12-05-2006, 01:01 PM
I agree....way too many of our fans just accept rotten play and seem to be ok with guys never reaching their potential. I'm only happy with the Mario pick if Carr proves to be a franchise QB. So far after most of the '06 season we have a 3-4 end playing a 4-3 tackle and a mediocre QB that can only win if the other players make plays.

That is a rather unfortunate place to be as a fan.

dantem
12-05-2006, 01:01 PM

VY is not proven at anything yet...
even if he had been, on draft day he had not yet played in the NFL. thats called a crap shoot.

on draft day we already had a QB that was resigned for several years, why would we draft an unproven college QB and pay him big money, when that position was filled?

we did not let him go, he never played for us, and even if we had not drafted MW, he would not have been second choice.

and as far as eating dirt... If we lose, it will probably not be because of him, hes not as great as some people make him out to be at this point. He may be one day, but for now he's just learning the NFL game. If he keeps relying on his running ability with QB pads on, he may find himself among a long line of injured QB's who thought they could be RB's in the NFL. :crutch:

kfranco_utexas
12-05-2006, 01:09 PM
If we lose, it will probably not be because of him, hes not as great as some people make him out to be

We will wait and see.

JDizzle
12-05-2006, 01:59 PM
VY is not proven at anything yet...

The Titans did not start winning games until Vince took over. It is pointless to bring up anything other than that fact because right now perception is reality, and the reality is that Vince's team has won 3 in a row against good teams while we are still being laughed at with Carr under center. Feel free to start throwing out stats and all that other nonsene, but you'd be better off pissing into the wind because it doesn't really matter.

Maddict5
12-05-2006, 04:40 PM
I agree....way too many of our fans just accept rotten play and seem to be ok with guys never reaching their potential. I'm only happy with the Mario pick if Carr proves to be a franchise QB. So far after most of the '06 season we have a 3-4 end playing a 4-3 tackle and a mediocre QB that can only win if the other players make plays.

great post:rolleyes: (most of it is fine but you're a vince homer)

as much as you'd like to ignore it, VY has had guys make plays aswell- pacman, bironas to mention just 2...

remember 3-4 week ago vince blew a 20 point lead at home where a win would mean they'd really be in the playoff picture now- i normally wouldnt blame him for that but since every W/L is oon the qb...

Second Honeymoon
12-05-2006, 04:58 PM
I think Mario has shown some signs this year that he was the right pick for our franchise. Bush has had his moments in the sun as well in New Orleans. However, I think the best player in this draft was Vince Young. His will to win is just contagious and a breath of fresh air.

I saw VY's game last Sunday. He had some bad throws. He made some rookie mistakes. However, when 3rd down came around and they needed to move the chains, the guy just got it done. Sometimes by foot, sometimes through the air, sometimes by just willing it to happen. He doesnt like to lose and those players do not grow on trees. They are born from an inner pride and belief in their abilities. It is hard to have one player infect a whole NFL team with a new outlook but one dropped in our lap last summer and we passed.

When I watch Young play I see a lot of Staubach in him. He just finds a way to get that first down or get it into the endzone. He inspires other players around him. Those type of players are hard to find in the NFL, moreso than any other sport. The stars aligned, the heavenly powers smiled upon the fortune, but yet we nonetheless passed on VY. Of course we can blame it on lots of people that arent around any more but one person we cant blame it on is Mario. I support Mario but he did get lapped.....of that there is no question

thunderkyss
12-05-2006, 05:19 PM
great post:rolleyes: (most of it is fine but you're a vince homer)

as much as you'd like to ignore it, VY has had guys make plays aswell- pacman, bironas to mention just 2...

remember 3-4 week ago vince blew a 20 point lead at home where a win would mean they'd really be in the playoff picture now- i normally wouldnt blame him for that but since every W/L is oon the qb...

you make it sound like guys aren't making plays for us........ our defense was pretty stellar, we rushed for 120 yards. & we had Janakowski working for us.

Against Buffalo, our backs ran for 130 yards..... we forced several punts, scored 2 rushing touchdowns, and returned an INT for a TD...... & he gives us 25-30 for 223 yards?? I'm not saying David lost that game, but it's ridiculous to take what the defense gives us game in & game out....... if we're going to do that, then why pay a bus driver franchise money??

How can we believe that Sage would not do as good..... why would we believe he'd be worse, and why would we believe that Vince would be doing worse, if he were starting for us this year??

real
12-05-2006, 05:43 PM
you make it sound like guys aren't making plays for us........ our defense was pretty stellar, we rushed for 120 yards. & we had Janakowski working for us.

Against Buffalo, our backs ran for 130 yards..... we forced several punts, scored 2 rushing touchdowns, and returned an INT for a TD...... & he gives us 25-30 for 223 yards?? I'm not saying David lost that game, but it's ridiculous to take what the defense gives us game in & game out....... if we're going to do that, then why pay a bus driver franchise money??

How can we believe that Sage would not do as good..... why would we believe he'd be worse, and why would we believe that Vince would be doing worse, if he were starting for us this year??

Rep coming your way.

thunderkyss
12-05-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm only happy with the Mario pick if Carr proves to be a franchise QB.

I agree with Kaiser.... this is an odd place to be...... our defense is making strides, Mario is playing well....

I too would have liked Vince Young. I also believe it would be considered(and should be) a mistake if we are looking for a QB after next season(much worse, if we start looking in 5 weeks.....

but like a lot of things, at the time, it made sense.

Everybody knows I am no Carr lover..... but the things he is having problems with, are not the things I thought he'd have problems with. I thought we'd have seen the fetal position at least once by now.

you've been more critical of him than I have, for a lot longer, but I don't recall his accuracy beeing as bad as it's been this year, and his reluctance to throw downfield..... I don't know where that's coming from...

But if you saw all that way back when, then I can understand.

But if people ever start talking about Mario, like they talk about Julius Peppers, Bruce Smith, or Reggie White.... then I'd be very happy with the pick.

Texan_Bill
12-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Funny... That stellar "D" against Buffalo also had us in a 14-0 nothing deficit before I could call the beer guy over to my seats.... That's the same "stellar" D that couldn't stop anyone with 2 minutes left in the game... Carr haters will suggest that Carr should have single-handedly score more points to deflect any blame from the D... Point is, You need Defense, Offense AND Special Teams to win consisitently...

Keep ignoring all those facts if you want, just don't try p***ing in the wind and tell me its raining...

real
12-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Funny... That stellar "D" against Buffalo also had us in a 14-0 nothing deficit before I could call the beer guy over to my seats....

LMAO!!!

The Titans were down by 21.....With less than a quater left....

TexansSeminole
12-05-2006, 05:59 PM

I agree to an extent. I was and am happy we got Mario but not as happy as I would have been if we had gotten Vince (considering Carr is not going to be our QB of the future).

Not that Mario is insufficient...It is just Vince could have done alot of things for this team and city, it's too bad we passed on him to see if Carr could prove he could play (maybe I should say couldn't).

Double Barrel
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Funny... That stellar "D" against Buffalo also had us in a 14-0 nothing deficit before I could call the beer guy over to my seats.... That's the same "stellar" D that couldn't stop anyone with 2 minutes left in the game... Carr haters will suggest that Carr should have single-handedly score more points to deflect any blame from the D... Point is, You need Defense, Offense AND Special Teams to win consisitently...

I understand what you're saying...but I blame Richard Smith for the 14-0 and blowing it at the end. He even admitted the playcalling was bad and he blew it. Sure players have to make the play, but some calls are better suited for certain situations than others. Smith put them in a position to allow their weaknesses to be exploited. Why he called a prevent for that last drive and then switched to a four man front (taking out a safety) is a mindset that I'll never understand. I think he's in over his head, but that' just my take on it.

With regards to Carr, he should have made a complete pass on 3rd and 2 against the Bills to seal the deal and win the game. He had just completed 22 passes in a row, so it's not that much to ask. I don't blame him for the loss, but it certainly shed some light on the simple fact that he's not a clutch QB, and we can't depend on him to win games (or even seal the deal when it really counts).

TexansSeminole
12-05-2006, 06:06 PM
I understand what you're saying...but I blame Richard Smith for the 14-0 and blowing it at the end. He even admitted the playcalling was bad and he blew it. Sure players have to make the play, but some calls are better suited for certain situations than others. Smith put them in a position to allow their weaknesses to be exploited. Why he called a prevent for that last drive and then switched to a four man front (taking out a safety) is a mindset that I'll never understand. I think he's in over his head, but that' just my take on it.

I think Smith and the coaching staff are still growing into this team. Smith is still trying to figure out a way to get his style of play to fit with these defensive players, and on the other side Kubiak is trying to do the same. I am impressed with the coaching staff so far, and don't mind seeing some mistakes made. Atleast I know Smith will be accountable when he messes up. It's better to see those mistakes now than in a few years when we all think this team will be starting to post winning records. Smith seems like a man who understands his mistakes and learns from them.

Texan_Bill
12-05-2006, 06:10 PM
DB - I hear what you are saying. But my point is that there is one glaring weakness on this team - in ALL 3 phases of the game - talent... I like Petey Faggins, but he got smoked. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice, and I am tackling you and taking the pass interference penalty - but you are NOT getting behind me again.

Actually Kubes took the nut on that one.. I don't beleive we should have been throwing in that situation anyway.... Thats on Kubes 100%.

Texan_Bill
12-05-2006, 06:15 PM
LMAO!!!

The Titans were down by 21.....With less than a quater left....

Not exactly what that has to do with the price of tea in China... Because if you are trying to compare games, its not apples to apples..

Eli and Giants = meltdown
Losman and Bills = did not meltdown.

So considering Dunta's interception and the offense scoring a couple of times to actually take the lead, how does that translate to our D not being able to stop the Bills on the final drive of the game to preserve the lead for the W...

Obviously its your peragotive to be hater, just for the sake of hating, but man come up with some better arguments than its all Carrs fault...

TheRealTruth
12-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Mario was lapped about 4 games ago....He has 4 1/2 sacks and one was because he touched Leftwhich after he fell, Babin who never did anything at Outside linebacker now switches to DE that he played in college and he's 1/2 sack behind Mario and has only played about 1/8 the time....Why for 2 years did the media hammer Babin for how he played at OLB and called him a bust. Now he's a 1/2 a sack behind the 54 million dollar man, has played about 200 - 250 less plays and knowone says a word about Mario beeing a bust. Well except me that is....Babin might me a 10 to 12 sack guy a year playing at DE if he played every down?
Hey why isn't anyone saying anything about Carr passing for 32 yards this weekend. Maybe in the off season we should see if he not only needs a contract extension but extra money. Naaa let's just sign Jeff George or hey how about Gannon? Maybe we can get him out of the booth.

real
12-05-2006, 06:24 PM
So considering Dunta's interception and the offense scoring a couple of times to actually take the lead, how does that translate to our D not being able to stop the Bills on the final drive of the game to preserve the lead for the W...

First you said that VY had guys making plays for him.....

Then you said, the Giants had a "melt-down"

I'm not going to argue with you, because if you can't see the irony of saying VY has guys making plays for him, when our QB basically was just on the field doing something my grandma could have done, then I can't help you....

We managed -5 passing yards....Our QB basically was just a hand-off man....Surely he had as much to do with that victory as everyone else....

ledzeppelin229
12-05-2006, 06:27 PM
I can be happy with the Mario pick as long as he succeeds. It will help if we find a solution at QB, but i won't hold that against Mario since all he can do is take care of his own position.

Double Barrel
12-05-2006, 06:31 PM
I think Smith and the coaching staff are still growing into this team. Smith is still trying to figure out a way to get his style of play to fit with these defensive players, and on the other side Kubiak is trying to do the same. I am impressed with the coaching staff so far, and don't mind seeing some mistakes made. Atleast I know Smith will be accountable when he messes up. It's better to see those mistakes now than in a few years when we all think this team will be starting to post winning records. Smith seems like a man who understands his mistakes and learns from them.

While I certainly respect your optimism, I do not share it when it comes to Richard Smith. I bolded the last part because he should know the potential to blow games with a prevent defense as much as anyone...he was a coach on the 35-3 Oiler debacle (not blaming him)...I just hate the prevent with a passion.

Coaches come from the systems they learned in, and in Smith's case, I'm just not all that impressed with his resume. Nothing on it really screams dominant defense, and one of my big fears is that we have this phenomenal talent but can't put the pieces together to make a consistent squad (not meaning to be negative or anything).

SMITH’S COACHING LEDGER

2006: Defensive Coordinator, Houston Texans

2005: Defensive Coordinator, Miami Dolphins

2003-04: Assistant Head Coach/Linebacker, Detroit Lions

1997-02: Linebackers Coach, San Francisco 49ers

1996: Special Teams Coach, Denver Broncos

1993-95: Special Teams/Linebackers, Denver Broncos

1992: Special Teams/Assistant Offensive Line, Houston Oilers

1990-91: Linebackers Coach, Houston Oilers

1988-89: Tight Ends/Special Teams Coach, Houston Oilers

1987: Linebackers/Special Teams Coach, University of Arizona

1984-86: Outside Linebackers/Special Teams Coach, California

1981-83: Defensive Line Coach, Cal State-Fullerton

1979-80: Offensive Line Coach, Rio Hondo (Calif.) Junior College

Texan_Bill
12-05-2006, 06:37 PM
First you said that VY had guys making plays for him.....

Then you said, the Giants had a "melt-down"

I'm not going to argue with you, because if you can't see the irony of saying VY has guys making plays for him, when our QB basically was just on the field doing something my grandma could have done, then I can't help you....

We managed -5 passing yards....Our QB basically was just a hand-off man....Surely he had as much to do with that victory as everyone else....

Maybe I have slept since then, but when did I say VY had plays made for him or that our QB was a major contributor to the win in Oakland... Please, do not put words in my mouth..

The only point that I have made is that you need all three phases of the game to win consistently. Sure when you get there sometimes one phase can pull a game out for you.. But we are not there. We need all three and until then we will be 4-12. Maybe 6-10 or 7-9 next year...

My other point is blame the QB all you want, but that is not going to change the fact that this a bad team... Throwing VY, Montana, or anyone else in the mix without anything adding to those other elements and this team is just as bad as it is now...

run-david-run
12-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Mario was lapped about 4 games ago....He has 4 1/2 sacks and one was because he touched Leftwhich after he fell, Babin who never did anything at Outside linebacker now switches to DE that he played in college and he's 1/2 sack behind Mario and has only played about 1/8 the time....Why for 2 years did the media hammer Babin for how he played at OLB and called him a bust. Now he's a 1/2 a sack behind the 54 million dollar man, has played about 200 - 250 less plays and knowone says a word about Mario beeing a bust. Well except me that is....Babin might me a 10 to 12 sack guy a year playing at DE if he played every down?
Hey why isn't anyone saying anything about Carr passing for 32 yards this weekend. Maybe in the off season we should see if he not only needs a contract extension but extra money. Naaa let's just sign Jeff George or hey how about Gannon? Maybe we can get him out of the booth.

Mario has had plantar fasciatis in his right foot since somewhere around the Giants game. He's been running with a noticible limp and basicaly cant push off his right foot. Expecting him to keep getting sacks in that situation is stupid...he's already taking one for the team by gutting it out and getting on the field.

Wolf
12-05-2006, 07:38 PM
wow mario is the only defensive lineman that gained a "Sack" because the QB fell down first and then Mario touched him..

hmmm maybe that stat should be thrown out the window along with a "tackle" when a QB slides feet first.

johnboy
12-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Mario has had plantar fasciatis in his right foot since somewhere around the Giants game. He's been running with a noticible limp and basicaly cant push off his right foot. Expecting him to keep getting sacks in that situation is stupid...he's already taking one for the team by gutting it out and getting on the field.

I had the same problem about five years ago the pain is in your heal and it effects you most in the morning when you take your first 20 steps.Its something he can play with,and it is something that everyone can say it limits his play.does it who knows.

MrMeToo
12-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Mario isn't a beast.He just an average player right now.IMO I'd rather have Reggie or Vince over him.

run-david-run
12-05-2006, 08:15 PM
I had the same problem about five years ago the pain is in your heal and it effects you most in the morning when you take your first 20 steps.Its something he can play with,and it is something that everyone can say it limits his play.does it who knows.

Tim Duncan had it for most of last year. Go check last his stats from last year to see just how much it affects a player. It also dosnt help when he is a 300 lb mamouth...big guys tend to have lots of foot problems.

johnboy
12-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Tim Duncan had it for most of last year. Go check last his stats from last year to see just how much it affects a player. It also dosnt help when he is a 300 lb mamouth...big guys tend to have lots of foot problems.

I believe he plays basketball. There is a lot more running and a lot more jumping than a football game. Duncan played about 80 games last year..He is not twenty-one years old. He is around thirty. In basketball life, he is a old man.

johnboy
12-05-2006, 08:41 PM

I believe he is a basketball player.There is a lot more running and jumping than football.Duncan played about eighty game last year.He is not twenty-one years old, he is about thirty thats and old man in basketball years

thunderkyss
12-05-2006, 08:54 PM

Keep ignoring all those facts if you want, just don't try p***ing in the wind and tell me its raining...

I said the D was stellar against the Raiders....... I said we had guys making plays on deffense(Faggins, 'meco, Dunta, Babin, Mario, Greenwood) and our QB couldn't throw for his normal 6 yards per pass..... we had 120 yards rushing from our running backs, and our QB was nowhere near his 22 for 22, 4 TDs in the 4th Qtr self. D'ya think defenses have figured him out yet?? could be.

If you want to bit˘h about the Defense...... you'll have to do it some other week, because they did their job this past Sunday. Wanna talk about our poor run blocking...... nope, they did their job. Wanna talk about our round has been RB........ 95 yards on 13 carries(against a pretty stout D no less)....sorry, but we can't really complain about much in those areas.

TheRealTruth
12-05-2006, 09:37 PM
I believe he is a basketball player.There is a lot more running and jumping than football.Duncan played about eighty game last year.He is not twenty-one years old, he is about thirty thats and old man in basketball years

Come on Johnyboy....Why would the coaching staff come out and say they made a mistake by drafting him? He was lazy in college, and he's lazy now but with 54 million reasons....He's a rookie. He missed a month in the summer because of an infected toe, Hasn't practiced in a month. What the heck is he going to be like in 3 years? There's always an excuse....I'll quote the great Lawrence Taylor "When your an all pro, you gotta play when your hurt baby".
Where the 15 sacks I heard about when they drafted him. It's gonna take him 3 years to get that?

Honoring Earl 34
12-05-2006, 10:32 PM

Its not Mario its the sorry OL . Worth a try .

mussop
05-16-2008, 10:36 AM
oops! sorry!

disaacks3
05-16-2008, 11:26 AM
oops! sorry!
That's OK - It's interesting to see what difference another season made. Mario has turned out much better than the 'weak sister' this thread made him out to be originally.

stingray
05-16-2008, 11:28 AM
oops! sorry!

*SIGH* I already stated how wrong I was about Mario in the other Mario thread .

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=919385&postcount=6

I think you are :stirpot: and :deadhorse

And I said that it was a marathon... Which obviously has not ended but it looks good so far.

Ckw
05-16-2008, 11:40 AM
This thread makes me happy.

Rex King
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
*SIGH* I already stated how wrong I was about Mario in the other Mario thread .

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=919385&postcount=6

I think you are :stirpot: and :deadhorse

And I said that it was a marathon... Which obviously has not ended but it looks good so far.
Dude, don't worry about it. Everyone's just happy that...everyone was wrong. Michael Smith is the only talking head I remember giving him any props. I was a Mario supporter, and I doubted him as recently as this past pre-season.:fans: