PDA

View Full Version : Carr will get blame for O-line disasters

Sudds
12-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Go on haters...keep blaming Carr for everything. You never seem to mention anything but Carr. His O-line for 5 years has been horrendous, absolutely horrendous. His numbers today are indicative of his poor line play. Period. Point to Carr's stats all you want, but Kubiak recognized the line was in trouble and modified the offensive play calling.

texflex513
12-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Go on haters...keep blaming Carr for everything. You never seem to mention anything but Carr. His O-line for 5 years has been horrendous, absolutely horrendous. His numbers today are indicative of his poor line play. Period. Point to Carr's stats all you want, but Kubiak recognized the line was in trouble and modified the offensive play calling.EEEEEEEEGGGGGxactly!!!!! Dayne was running very well so why submit your QB or any for that matter to hard hits and pressures.

AndreRulz
Go on haters...keep blaming Carr for everything. You never seem to mention anything but Carr. His O-line for 5 years has been horrendous, absolutely horrendous. His numbers today are indicative of his poor line play. Period. Point to Carr's stats all you want, but Kubiak recognized the line was in trouble and modified the offensive play calling.

Hopefully we go get some linemen.

Grid
If you want my opinion on it, you can read my other post.. but......

Carr is flawed.. he has many bad habits that carried over from his time under Capers, and I think we will be wasting our time, and hurting this team, if we stick with him till he gets over them.

I like Carr, but I think this team would benefit alot more from replacing him, rather than keeping him.

Also, you see alot of QBs step up and make plays when things get tough like that.. that is what makes a good QB.. he carries his team when things are going bad, and keeps them from digging themselves into a hole. Carr has done that before, but more often than not, he is sucking right along with everyone, and many times he specifically has made big mistakes at the worst times.

We are sitting on one of the best QB coaches in the league, and im thinking that we are wasting his talents by trying to make Carr into what he could have been had Capers not wasted his talent. I hate to do it, I really do, but for the good of the team I think we need to draft a quality QB and let Kubiak start from scratch with an unblemished prospect.

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Osama Bin Carr is always to blame. He had a bad game this week, yet he had a bad game last week?

Carr has had only 2 bad games this year, but Carr haters are jealous of his life so they just hate.

amazingandre
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
finally ppl that arent stupid ive been tryig to state that for sooooo long but people dont listen. he got drilled everytime he fumbled. how can u expect him to hold onto the ball whn you got guys 250 plus spritin full speed and blind sding u??????????????

Grid
12-03-2006, 07:23 PM
finally ppl that arent stupid ive been tryig to state that for sooooo long but people dont listen. he got drilled everytime he fumbled. how can u expect him to hold onto the ball whn you got guys 250 plus spritin full speed and blind sding u??????????????

1: Step up into the pocket and you wont get blind sided

2: hold onto the ball

The oline isnt great.. thats for sure.. but not every great QB has a great Oline, yet they seem to be doing alright.

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 07:23 PM
I dont think the first fumble was a fumble, but oh well.

He needs to work on it because other QBs are getting hit by 250+ guys as well.

TexanFanInCC
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM

i find it hard to believe that the o-line can be the scapegoat for 5 yrs out of 5 yrs. the one constant has been carr. somewhat of a coincedence?

Johnny Utah
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
The Cowboys had a terrible line before Romo started playing. The Titans has a terrible line before Young started playing.

QB's able to avoid the rush and buy more time in the pocket means a lot.

amazingandre
12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
he doesnt even really get a good 3 step drop before he is hit most of the time he is dropping back and is hit by lkike 3 guys up the gut or 2 guys 1 from each side wiston sucked thats for sure nough said

RTP2110
12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Like Carr or not, you must admit that Carr plays as well as the o-line does. When all starters were healthy and the line played well, Carr played well. Now that injuries have mounted and the o-line play is getting worse, Carr's play is getting worse.

TexanFanInCC
12-03-2006, 07:26 PM
If you want my opinion on it, you can read my other post.. but......

Carr is flawed.. he has many bad habits that carried over from his time under Capers, and I think we will be wasting our time, and hurting this team, if we stick with him till he gets over them.

I like Carr, but I think this team would benefit alot more from replacing him, rather than keeping him.

Also, you see alot of QBs step up and make plays when things get tough like that.. that is what makes a good QB.. he carries his team when things are going bad, and keeps them from digging themselves into a hole. Carr has done that before, but more often than not, he is sucking right along with everyone, and many times he specifically has made big mistakes at the worst times.

We are sitting on one of the best QB coaches in the league, and im thinking that we are wasting his talents by trying to make Carr into what he could have been had Capers not wasted his talent. I hate to do it, I really do, but for the good of the team I think we need to draft a quality QB and let Kubiak start from scratch with an unblemished prospect.

i couldnt agree more. not to stir the pot or anything, but has anyone paid attention to v-yeezy lately? :stirpot:

the wonger need food
12-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, it's someone else's fault that Dinkin' Dave fumbles everytime someone touches him. And it's someone else's fault that he can't throw the ball downfield and has no pocket presense and that none of the players respect him. It's always someone else's fault but Dave's.

Look, no one is jealous of Carr's good looks or his lifestyle or whatever. We just recognize that he is not a very good NFL QB. He was good in college and high school, but not in the NFL. He's a good christian, but he's not a good NFL QB. He's a good person, he's just not a good NFL QB. All we want is a player, at the most important position on the field, that can lead it to wins.

Ckw
12-03-2006, 07:35 PM
1: Step up into the pocket and you wont get blind sided

2: hold onto the ball

The oline isnt great.. thats for sure.. but not every great QB has a great Oline, yet they seem to be doing alright.

Give me one GREAT QB with a bad line.

Johnny Utah
12-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Give me one GREAT QB with a bad line.

Romo.

Maddict5
12-03-2006, 07:47 PM
sorry but today was the day i switched sides on Carr because it was the first full game ive watched...i agree the fumbles aren't all his fault- its the way he makes the short read and 95% of the time will throw to them even if he doesnt have that much pressure on him- you could see today that alot of times oakland knew what was coming and didnt respect the long ball at all which kept the whole defence compact in

texflex513
12-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Romo.
1. romo is not great so release his genetalia.
2. dallas's line is light years ahead of ours.

Honoring Earl 34
12-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Did the Texans come back in the second half and win? Well, I guess that must mean that Carr lead them to the win since he is the signal caller on the field.

Yep he handed off to Dayne so he gets the assist .

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 07:56 PM

ESPN wont release it. One more story on Hom...er Romo and Im going to shoot my TV

Honoring Earl 34
12-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Its hard on a Texan fan when Romo and Vince are doing their thing on big stages .

I see it as three kids go to the park with their kites and two have their kites soaring and me the lowly Texan fan can't even get his kite off the ground .

Orion
12-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Carr needs a change of scenery, its not his fault, he's been bashed since he stepped into the NFL, he is abused, and its the organizations fault, i mean who could think straight after being smacked as much as he has, his entire quarterback mentality has been warped, the guys a soldier, he's tough but he needs to be traded so he can get out of this hell hole........

Johnny Utah
12-03-2006, 08:09 PM

Romo has been great so far. He has a QB rating of 110.8, and a 5-1 record as a starter to prove it.

BTW I hate the Cowboys. I just don't ride Carr's jock so much that I don't notice what a good QB can do for a team.

texflex513
12-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Romo's has been great so far. He has a QB rating of 110.8, and a 5-1 record as a starter to prove it.

BTW I hate the Cowboys. I just don't ride Carr's jock so much that I don't notice what a good QB can do for a team. You called this guy whom which you hate lol a great QB Great!!!!! This has nothing to do with carr what has romo done that has made him GREAT that is a extreme over statement. I think romo has played well just like huard played well for the chiefs when green was down. You see no ones jock involved although you are on romo's N sack.

texpa
12-03-2006, 08:24 PM
a winning team will bring players to want to play for you . and a winning team starts with a leader -- and the qb should be the leader if we continue with carr , what few good players we have will not stay here in houston . if casserly takes over another gm position see if he takes carr off our hands

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 08:25 PM
And going into today's game Carr lead the league in completion percentage. All of that, QB rating & completion percentage, means nothing. Congratulations to Romo, but Carr could tell him been there done that.

Amazing isnt it that Carrs stats dont count. Yet AJs stats count despite the fact CARR gets him the ball.

Johnny Utah
12-03-2006, 08:31 PM
You called this guy whom which you hate lol a great QB Great!!!!! This has nothing to do with carr what has romo done that has made him GREAT that is a extreme over statement. I think romo has played well just like huard played well for the chiefs when green was down. You see no ones jock involved although you are on romo's N sack.

What? You have to like a player, or team, before you can say they are playing great?

Again, Romo has a 110.8 QB rating, a 5-1 record as a starter, and is with Jessica Simpson on the downlow. What more does he have to do?

All of that, QB rating & completion percentage, means nothing.

What means something is a 5-1 record as a starter. Can Carr make that claim?

BetOnVYinCantonEasy
12-03-2006, 08:34 PM
And going into today's game Carr lead the league in completion percentage. All of that, QB rating & completion percentage, means nothing. Congratulations to Romo, but Carr could tell him been there done that.

"Romo's has been great so far. He has a QB rating of 110.8, and a 5-1 record as a starter to prove it."

Don't think Carr can claim the "been there done that" part of the above poster's statement, and I do believe he'd consider that the most important part.

Anyway, there is a huge difference between the types of passes (see length in yards for Romo vs. length in feet for Carr) that led to both Carr's and Romo's QB rating. And while VY's rookie QB rating is far lower than both, I doubt anyone but a VY hater would rather have Carr than Young on their team, given the choice, because again, the numbers in ratings don't mean jack compared to the numbers in the W/L column.

But I truly do hope the Texans keep Carr as their starter and leader....I hope they keep him for a long, long time.

dirty steve
12-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Romo.
scott mitchell had a good half season also. then he signs with the dolphins and those slippers come off.

hot pickle
12-03-2006, 08:38 PM
you know how you here about other QB's takin there o-line men out for steak after they have a good blocking game, i've never heard of david carr doin that, so yes he does get the blame, him and his line are not on the same page, everyone is tired of carr, and know one is gonna block for him

texflex513
12-03-2006, 08:39 PM
What? You have to like a player, or team, before you can say they are playing great?

Again, Romo has a 110.8 QB rating, a 5-1 record as a starter, and is with Jessica Simpson on the downlow. What more does he have to do?

What means something is a 5-1 record as a starter. You implied he was a great QB you didnt say he was playing great. There is a difference. What does his girlfriend or who he is with have to do with football sounds to me that you want to be tony romo....BAD why cant you just be Johnny Utah. Oh!!! the envy in us!!!!

Texan1
12-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Carr's line isn't 'good' right now, but it is adequate. I tivo'd many plays today. Carr is having problems with timing - its not just the line.

hot pickle
12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
That is because the O-line hasn't had a good blocking game, yet. :tease:

in the 5 years that he's been in houston im sure that there has been acouple games were he feels good in the pocket, even early this year when we still had charles spencer he was gettin alot of time in the pocket

Ckw
12-03-2006, 09:13 PM
I've got to give David credit for one thing.
"We weren't productive at all," Carr said. "We didn't do anything. I didn't do anything. We could have had you out there. Anybody could have handed it off that second half."
He knows he sucked. So the first thing a person can do is recognize his mistakes and his failures. It seems Carr has done that. The next step is to get out there and get better. My personal take: I think Carr has gotten so used to losing that he doesn't even care that much about winning. I think he spent so long either having a piss poor offensive line or a terrible defense that he quit trying. So I think his whole deal is he takes things too easy and has just lost that desire to win, simply because he couldn't win for so long. If this doesn't change, I say we give him the boot. But I still think he needs a little more time in the Kubiak system. AND WE HAVE GOT TO GET A BETTER RUNNING GAME! Dayne is not the answer. Lundy, although I love his story, probably is not the answer.

NFLforher
12-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Osama Bin Carr is always to blame. He had a bad game this week, yet he had a bad game last week?

Carr has had only 2 bad games this year, but Carr haters are jealous of his life so they just hate.

It's interesting that we frequently hear about how good looking he is or how much $$ he makes. You might be on to something.

NFLforher
12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
you know how you here about other QB's takin there o-line men out for steak after they have a good blocking game, i've never heard of david carr doin that, so yes he does get the blame, him and his line are not on the same page, everyone is tired of carr, and know one is gonna block for him

Guess you haven't been "listening." He's done that since college.

hot pickle
12-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Guess you haven't been "listening." He's done that since college.

i've never heard of him doin it, and i remember last year, everyone was talkin about him not doin nothin to motivate his o-line, so if you can give me proof ill believe

Runner
12-03-2006, 09:53 PM
i've never heard of him doin it, and i remember last year, everyone was talkin about him not doin nothin to motivate his o-line, so if you can give me proof ill believe

Since you've never seen him at a restaurant with his o-lineman he doesn't do it?

I know of one instance he took the o-line to Fogo de Chao after a zero sack game. Imagine the food flying in that place! I'm sure that wasn't a one time deal.

I know for a fact that at the end of last season he did something for the team too. The last game of the season was in San Francisco on January 1st. He rented the ballroom at the team hotel on December 31st so everyone could have a New Year's party.

I don't have any proof to link to; much the same as you have no proof of your statement. You will believe what you want but that certainly doesn't make it true.

I think we need to go a new direction in QBs - the team would get better and Carr would do better at a new team.

I don't think we need to blast Carr for things we don't know anything about.

ib4texans
12-03-2006, 09:59 PM

Maybe when they have one he'll buy them a whole friggin Outback Steakhouse!

edo783
12-03-2006, 10:27 PM

Come on, stop making stuff up. Search the chronical and you will find a couple of articals about Carr taking the line out and buying them presents.

Runner
12-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Come on, stop making stuff up. Search the chronical and you will find a couple of articals about Carr taking the line out and buying them presents.

Right - I forgot the high-end paint ball guns of last year and the golf clubs 2-3 years ago.

thunderkyss
12-03-2006, 11:03 PM
i find it hard to believe that the o-line can be the scapegoat for 5 yrs out of 5 yrs. the one constant has been carr. somewhat of a coincedence?

Gary Kubiak said we can win with Carr. Kubiak said we can protect him with McKinney, Weary, Pitts, & Wiegart...... he went and got us Salaam, Flanagan, Spencer, Winston..... how many OLineman have we gone through here in Houston?? & we haven't found a good one yet. can't find any that are good enough. Somehow here in Houston, we manage to get the worse 5 men you could possibly put on an offensive line.

So, am I saying that our OL played exceptionally today??

No.

But I am saying Carr isn't making it any easier on any of our OL. on 3 of the four sacks, I know Carr started to throw the ball, but pulled it back down. Not because he someone was in his face, but because he didn't like what he saw, and changed his mind.

I've been saying that David is most impressive, when he is decisive. Make your read, then throw your dump-off, or run for the first down. Yeah, I'm going to ***** about that too, but expecting him to "make a play" with his arm is just goofy.

#2 against the pass..... mainly because of their pass rush. This isn't the time to be pulling down the ball, and second guessing your first instinct.

thunderkyss
12-03-2006, 11:14 PM

2 bad games??

Indy & Washington.... he fumbled three times in both games. Lost 2 of them in both games(4 total)

Miami... an INT, and 2 fumbles........ the fumble & the INt led to points for the other team.

Dallas.... two INTs on our side of the field, both led to points.

Tennessee....... 2 fumbles..... got benched.

Buffalo, and NYJ....... 22/22 in one game..... good for nothing. No TDs 1 INT, 1 fumble against Buffalo...... 323 yards against the Jets... he threw the ball 54 times, and we were only in the redzone twice the whole game. NO running game, but Pennington seemed to thrive, and make plays under the same circumstances.

I think David has had more than two bad games.

Honoring Earl 34
12-03-2006, 11:22 PM

I really don't believe people give a crap about Carr's life . I may be jealous of Tom Bradys life or Hugh Hefners maybe but Carrs no . If I'm green with envy it's over these fans who's teams win close games and are in the playoff hunt .

Kaiser Toro
12-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Why would Carr get the blame? The O Line stunk and Carr stunk. Thankfully it is a team game and the defense played well, with some moments from the special teams. Reading these threads and posts it seems absurd that people are defending Carr's play. He was awful today.

mean mark8
12-03-2006, 11:37 PM
I posted this on another thread too but isn't it funny how Carr always seems to be the one getting chewed-out by Kubiak as they come off the field and not the o-line? Isn't it funny how Kubiak only allowed Carr 3 pass attempts in the 2nd half while our de-activated RB from last week goes off for 95 yards in that half? Who's Kubiak blaming? I just saw the channel 13 interview with Kubiak where he was specifically asked about Carr's lousy game. Kubiak didn't say oh the line didn't protect well. He said he needs to work with Carr. Seems to me, our head coach thinks Carr isn't playing well. We had -5 yards passing today because our 7 completions only went for 32 yards while we got sacked for 37. Each completion was for less than 5 yards. Our 3rd string RB gets more per carry than Carr does per completion. On the sack Carr took for the TD fumble recovery, he had over 4 seconds to throw the ball. We have a future Hall of Fame WR on one side and the league leading receiver on the other but they obviously don't know how to get open for more than a 5 yard reception.

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Carr's life LOL

I am jealous of Tony Romo's life! My god he is dating Jessica Simpson for crying out loud!!!:tearup:

No he is not dating Jessica Simpson

hot pickle
12-04-2006, 12:24 AM
ok my bad, i did not know that, and i spoke without knowing, my bad, hope theres no hard feelings

Crazyhorse
12-04-2006, 09:38 AM
We may have some rough edges to smooth and make work better, but if most of you were fans of the American Army in the Revolution we would have lost due to lack of support. Yes things are not perfect but we have "2" more wins this year than last. Sometimes things come in baby steps. We need to give Kubiac and the members of this team time to develope into a HEALTHY unit. Everyone has all the answers. IF most of the posters in the Bull Pen knew as much as they thought they did they would be working in the NFL............

Tale Gator
12-04-2006, 10:35 AM
If our offensive line was so bad yesterday why were we able to gouge out such an impressive running game with Ron Dayne of all people?

kingh99
12-04-2006, 10:38 AM

I wonder if you'll stick by him when it's you, a bag of peanuts, McNair and Toro watching these games.

kingh99
12-04-2006, 10:39 AM
If our offensive line was so bad yesterday why were we able to gouge out such an impressive running game with Ron Dayne of all people?

Because only a johnnie come lately would still lay this mess at the feet of the O-line. DC can't make all the throws so he pulls the ball in and takes the hit. DC can't gauge a defense in the critical 3 seconds before the snap. He's gotten by all his life on his physical tools. He's a bimbo.

Runner
12-04-2006, 09:18 PM
No. Because run blocking and pass blocking are not the same thing. Sunday's game was not the first time that an offensive line had an effective day run blocking while being totally ineffective at pass blocking, and it won't be the last time either. Sometimes it is the other way around as well. It just depends on the offensive line. Some units are considerably better at one than the other, and the opposing defensive line also plays a big part in the equation as well.

With our line it depends on the day. Sometimes we have:

1) Good run, bad pass blocking
2) Bad run, good pass blocking
3) Bad run, bad pass blocking
4) We haven't figured out this combination

edo783
12-04-2006, 10:49 PM
With our line it depends on the day. Sometimes we have:

1) Good run, bad pass blocking
2) Bad run, good pass blocking
3) Bad run, bad pass blocking
4) We haven't figured out this combination

And IIRC, we haven't ever put together a game that had both good run and good pass blocking.

dtran04
12-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Wow I just saw one play on the Insider section of the main site. The first time Carr got sacked:

-maximum of 2 sec.
-the line seemed to get fooled on a stunt
-I counted 1 lineman flat on his face within a second, and another flattened with another second

EMBARRASSING

thunderkyss
12-04-2006, 10:57 PM
And IIRC, we haven't ever put together a game that had both good run and good pass blocking.

I'm rewatching the game now...... David started the first half, with 5 & 7 step drops....... the Oline did a pretty good job in the first half. (haven't seen the second half yet), but David's doing what we should all expect him to do by now........ waste our time.

You can see one on one coverages, mismatches (LBs on Moulds..... ), open receivers....... but Carr sees one guy..... & one guy only. On some of the three step drops, they look like hot routes... his feet get all messed up.... but he does recognize the blitze, and identifies the hot route.

threetoedpete
12-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Wow I just saw one play on the Insider section of the main site. The first time Carr got sacked:

-maximum of 2 sec.
-the line seemed to get fooled on a stunt
-I counted 1 lineman flat on his face within a second, and another flattened with another second

EMBARRASSING

Your eyes mislead you. That there was four seconds in Tillman time. You forgot to put the video in slow motion. Well you guys got what you wanted. Carr is lost and he ain't coming back. Ain't going to be no two pick trade. Ain't going to be no high draft choice QB. We got a shell shocked disaster for the next twenty games. Enjoy it sports fans. In my book you belly achers have certainly earned what's coming. You think '07 was fun wait untill '08 .

threetoedpete
12-05-2006, 02:28 AM

I give up. What else could they do ? Every pass attempt was a disater.

TK is going to give you a review to let you know how DC can take a snap...dodge three guys and get his third reciever in two seconds. ...won't be a shred of truth in it mind you. But it'll be damned fun reading. Might explain the effiecency of our o-line. I wait with baited breath. Three step drop assumes that someone will be open in three seconds. Carr might be blind. But no one is that blind. Course in TK's world Carr is a cowardly no trallent SOB, that is why he keeps missing his recievers. I've never known a coward to go behind a 260 sack line and keep taking a beating. But I'm sure TK will figgure that one out also. Just give him some time.

The other guys I want to hear form on this thread is the Erick Winston guys telling me last year he should of been taken in the top of the second round ? I got beat over the head with that sheet for two months . And now you know why Mr Weigert was starting ahead of him. Sometimes...knee injuries do matter. And... there is no gaurentee that this prospect will be the starting RT next year. That assumption is wrong headed also. He might make it. Might. Tallent level on the o-line does matter. Too many misses too many times on too many tackles. The spit and bailing wire patch on the o-line broke the day Spencer bit the dust with the broken leg. Go into next season with what ya got ...get to relive it all over again in '08. Had my rant I feel better. Kepp chugging there TK. Always a hoot.

real
12-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Your eyes mislead you. That there was four seconds in Tillman time. You forgot to put the video in slow motion. Well you guys got what you wanted. Carr is lost and he ain't coming back. Ain't going to be no two pick trade. Ain't going to be no high draft choice QB. We got a shell shocked disaster for the next twenty games. Enjoy it sports fans. In my book you belly achers have certainly earned what's coming. You think '07 was fun wait untill '08 .

Signed,

The Sad truth