PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young is better than Carr right now.

Nighthawk
12-03-2006, 07:03 PM
The chumps in the Houston front office who chose Mario when they could have selected Vince should be weeping right now. Young, who has what, 6 or 8 games under his belt, is twice the QB Carr, with 5 years under his belt, is. Young just wants to win, and contributes to that at every turn. Carr is a dopey robot with a big are and ZERO feel for the game.

So here we sit with the world's worst QB (not to mention O line etc) when we could have remade the team around Young. It was a dreadful choice no matter what the reason was. It was pathetic, dumb, short-sighted . . . fill in the blank yourself.

And now, having made this gigantic mistake of letting Young go, they stick with this bozo loser Carr for yet another year. Who would want to watch that game they played today? I don't care who won, it was so ugly that I turned it off. Who wants a team like that?

Nobody.

texflex513
12-03-2006, 07:07 PM
I suggest you convert!!!! willie beamon and the titans are waiting for you. Go NOW!!!!NIGHT HAWK!:aikido:

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Im not sure about that, but no one can question that VY is a STUD!

Bongo59
12-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Texans will have a nice D soon...............but that still wont stop VY. Ask any Colts fan. They put huge pressure on him today. If McNair was back there he'd have been sacked 6 or 7 times.................VY was amazing. He got 6 first downs on third downs to sustain drives. The Colts only had the ball for 11 minutes the whole second half.

QB75
12-03-2006, 07:09 PM
The chumps in the Houston front office who chose Mario when they could have selected Vince should be weeping right now. Young, who has what, 6 or 8 games under his belt, is twice the QB Carr, with 5 years under his belt, is. Young just wants to win, and contributes to that at every turn. Carr is a dopey robot with a big are and ZERO feel for the game.

So here we sit with the world's worst QB (not to mention O line etc) when we could have remade the team around Young. It was a dreadful choice no matter what the reason was. It was pathetic, dumb, short-sighted . . . fill in the blank yourself.

And now, having made this gigantic mistake of letting Young go, they stick with this bozo loser Carr for yet another year. Who would want to watch that game they played today? I don't care who won, it was so ugly that I turned it off. Who wants a team like that?

Nobody.

Great. Quit watching. But you're great at second guessing.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-03-2006, 07:10 PM
I still don't understand how you pass up these players:

Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinart

I just don't understand it and I never will.

TNTitan
12-03-2006, 07:10 PM
agree :marionaner:

Johnny Utah
12-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Every QB in football is better then Carr this week. Even QB's that didn't play had more yards then Carr.

Titan "Tack" Fan
And just for the record, Vince Young has now passed Reggie Bush in rushing yards for the season.

Sudds
I know this...if Carr has the efficiency that VY has, we'd still be asking for his head. Carr is blamed for EVRYTHING in Houston. I mean EVERYTHING. We gave up almost 300 yards passing in the 1st quarter against Buffalo, and the Carr-haters failed to mention that. Carr cannot win in Houston. The haters say that his stats are mis-leading, yet when they win, his stats are the first thing they look to. Our offensive is simple because we have no running game. Check that...no one is afraid of our running game, thus, they take away any deep threats in the passing game. It's that simple guys. As long as Carr keep from tossing interceptions, he'll be fine. Manage the game...manage the game.

Bongo59
12-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Carr is better than Kerry Collins but he makes a ton more cash.

TNTitan
I know this...if Carr has the efficiency that VY has, we'd still be asking for his head. Carr is blamed for EVRYTHING in Houston. I mean EVERYTHING. We gave up almost 300 yards passing in the 1st quarter against Buffalo, and the Carr-haters failed to mention that. Carr cannot win in Houston. The haters say that his stats are mis-leading, yet when they win, his stats are the first thing they look to. Our offensive is simple because we have no running game. Check that...no one is afraid of our running game, thus, they take away any deep threats in the passing game. It's that simple guys. As long as Carr keep from tossing interceptions, he'll be fine. Manage the game...manage the game.

Regardless, thanks for letting us have VY :dance2:

amazingandre
on contrar the bear qb grossman only had 34 yds compared to carrs 32 so not really that bad and rex threw ints unlike our fumbles which by the way were not 100 percent carrs fault so just stfu about carr sucking already geezzzzz

Grid
12-03-2006, 07:14 PM

Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinart

Cause we liked Mario Williams.. and his name deserves to be grouped in with the other top prospects in the draft.

the wonger need food
12-03-2006, 07:14 PM
It's very simple... Good QB's make plays that win games for their teams.

VY does it... Carr does not.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Cause we liked Mario Williams.. and his name deserves to be grouped in with the other top prospects in the draft.

I'm not saying Mario Williams is a bad top pick. I just see 3 other players to build a team around that are a better choice.

I hope Mario works out for you guys, I really do.

Specnatz
12-03-2006, 07:17 PM

I did not know throwing int is making plays, thanks for clearing that up.

TNTitan
12-03-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm not saying Mario Williams is a bad top pick. I just see 3 other players to build a team around that are a better choice.

really?:confused:

LORK 88
12-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Every QB in football is better then Carr this week. Even QB's that didn't play had more yards then Carr.
Grossman was worse . . .

Hervoyel
I suggest you convert!!!! willie beamon and the titans are waiting for you. Go NOW!!!!NIGHT HAWK!:aikido:

I understand what you're trying to say to him and I admire your loyalty to the team. I share it but I have to say that basically Nighthawk is right. I turned it off too. I didn't care who won by halftime. I didn't care to have the Texans completely ruin another Sunday of mine this year. I've got too many other things to do on Sundays that I actually enjoy doing and that don't leave me sick to my stomach.

David Carr couldn't lead a tour of Reliant Stadium much less an offense in it.

Wolf
and why do I care about VY? except that the Titans are coming to town this weekend?

you people and your crushes

VY will be a good one, Bush had a very productive day to day,

Mario will be a good one

the wonger need food
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I did not know throwing int is making plays, thanks for clearing that up.

Throwing 2 TD's and running for several first downs is making plays. How many plays did Carr make for his team today? Oh right, it's someone else's fault that he doesn't make plays for this team.

johnboy
12-03-2006, 07:22 PM

Why When he starts doing something maybe he will be.Big two tackles today.

coachdent
12-03-2006, 07:23 PM

Nobody.

If that is VY and they win, he is remarkable. He is "just a winner".

Get off it. Let it go. Vince is in Tennessee and Carr is here. If you don't like it, go root for Tennessee and get on their message boards because it is just really tiring to hear this week after week!

Young threw a hideous interception today...just like Carr has done. He just stepped back and flung it blindly into the end zone and it got picked. you don't say smack about that, because that sucked and it looked bad for VY.
He threw two picks today by the way and both of them were extremely bad.

You fail to mention or notice that the Titans have a run game and offensive line that is FAR superior to the Texans.

You fail to mention or notice that the Titans run a spread offensive scheme that highlights the quarterback and the Texans run a run based scheme (that can't run) and relies primarily on playaction.

Just go away. Just leave the nonsense at the door. Ridiculous. You are no fan of the Texans. You just want something to cry about.

I know it isn't as glamourous or as sexy and it doesn't include VY, but try this on for size:

Mario Williams today, by my unofficial numbers:

Had four pressures
Forced one interception on a hit
Forced two holding penalties
Forced the Raiders to run the ball AWAY from him 19 times

Last year the Texans were dead last against the run.
The Texans are up to 19th this season. Depsite losing two inside defensive tackles.

Demeco Ryans is the real deal.
Mario Williams is the real deal.
Both played awesome today.
Look to the friggin' future and celebrate that why don'tcha? :marionaner:

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
If you watched the Titans game today you know that Vince Young was a huge part of the victory. He scrambled for 6 first downs. We were over 65% on 3rd downs.

"Specnatz" doesn't know what he is talking about

Orion
Regardless, thanks for letting us have VY :dance2:

lol, you're a lucky dog, get to root for vy every sunday, you owe us one man...lol

Ibar_Harry
I think Carr would do very well playing in Tennesse. Vince was blessed to go to that team. To begin with they did have a running game to begin the season with. Fisher is one of the best head coaches in the NFL. Chow is considered one of the best OC's and QB coaches in the game. All that adds up to an awful lot of help for a new young QB who does have talent. The team is young and they are growing with Young.

Kubiak is no Fisher and that's all there is to it. Our OC is no NORM CHOW. Carr has taken a lot of abuse as a TEXAN and how the man keeps on playing despite the shots is beyond me. The 1st fumble probably should have been reviewed, but the most important point is the guy had a straight path past Winston and nailed Carr hard. I have a feeling most of you would have fumbled the ball as well. However, there were questions as to whether the ground may have caused the fumble, but it wasn't reviewed. The officials have to call for a review and didn't.

Vince and Reggie both had good days today. It will be interesting to see if they build on this week's game.

Specnatz
12-03-2006, 07:26 PM
If you watched the Titans game today you know that Vince Young was a huge part of the victory. He scrambled for 6 first downs. We were over 65% on 3rd downs.

"Specnatz" doesn't know what he is talking about

Actually I did not watch the game but the way and other vy myopinions, it is all about vy and not about his teammates. typical, never give anyone else any credit except the guy you love.

VY did not kick the 60 yard field goal, it says so in black and white print.

texflex513
12-03-2006, 07:27 PM
I understand what you're trying to say to him and I admire your loyalty to the team. I share it but I have to say that basically Nighthawk is right. I turned it off too. I didn't care who won by halftime. I didn't care to have the Texans completely ruin another Sunday of mine this year. I've got too many other things to do on Sundays that I actually enjoy doing and that don't leave me sick to my stomach.

David Carr couldn't lead a tour of Reliant Stadium much less an offense in it. Carr was not even given a chance to manage this game let alone lead it with how pathetic,horrible and horrendous our front 5 were today. I just think its unfair for him to be the only one called out most of the time. There is enough blame to go around on offense.

Ckw
12-03-2006, 07:30 PM
If that is VY and they win, he is remarkable. He is "just a winner".

Get off it. Let it go. Vince is in Tennessee and Carr is here. If you don't like it, go root for Tennessee and get on their message boards because it is just really tiring to hear this week after week!

Young threw a hideous interception today...just like Carr has done. He just stepped back and flung it blindly into the end zone and it got picked. you don't say smack about that, because that sucked and it looked bad for VY.
He threw two picks today by the way and both of them were extremely bad.

You fail to mention or notice that the Titans have a run game and offensive line that is FAR superior to the Texans.

You fail to mention or notice that the Titans run a spread offensive scheme that highlights the quarterback and the Texans run a run based scheme (that can't run) and relies primarily on playaction.

Just go away. Just leave the nonsense at the door. Ridiculous. You are no fan of the Texans. You just want something to cry about.

I know it isn't as glamourous or as sexy and it doesn't include VY, but try this on for size:

Mario Williams today, by my unofficial numbers:

Had four pressures
Forced one interception on a hit
Forced two holding penalties
Forced the Raiders to run the ball AWAY from him 19 times

Last year the Texans were dead last against the run.
The Texans are up to 19th this season. Depsite losing two inside defensive tackles.

Demeco Ryans is the real deal.
Mario Williams is the real deal.
Both played awesome today.
Look to the friggin' future and celebrate that why don'tcha? :marionaner:
Thank you for actually making some sense in such a passionate way. Pick a team. Either root for the Texans and who we've got or root for the Titans and who they've got. I mean after Bud left us for Nashville, I'm sorry but I don't see how any real Houstonian can root for his franchise. Man love for your college's players has to end once they reach the pros. It's ok to have respect for them. No doubt Young is good and Bush will be good but get over it already. Root for your own freakin team.
And by the way, the spread offense does have a little bit to do with Young's inflated numbers, especially him being a scrambling QB.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Actually I did not watch the game but the way and other vy myopinions, it is all about vy and not about his teammates. typical, never give anyone else any credit except the guy you love.

So I guess we shouldn't give Tom Brady any credit in the Super Bowl when Vinatieri made the game winning kick.

Hervoyel
12-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Why When he starts doing something maybe he will be.Big two tackles today.

Did you actually watch any of the game? If you did then you would know that Mario did a lot more today than tackle two guys. Stats are nice but they don't tell the whole story about anyone.

Bongo59
12-03-2006, 07:35 PM

no..............but he got them there to do it...............and while he did make mistakes go to a Colt board tonight and ask them what VY did to their D................VY is the second best QB in the AFC South.............and soon he'll be on top of that too.

Hervoyel
12-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Carr was not even given a chance to manage this game let alone lead it with how pathetic,horrible and horrendous our front 5 were today. I just think its unfair for him to be the only one called out most of the time. There is enough blame to go around on offense.

Today I saw an interesting thing. I saw Aaron Brooks roll to his right and look downfield while doing it. I saw him roll towards the sideline and trade any chance he had for positive yardage on the ground while he looked for a receiver downfield to get open. It didn't happen of course because the Texans defense is good enough to contain a sorry offense like the Raiders most of the time but the part that caught my eye was how casually Brooks flicked the ball away just before he stepped out of bounds. As crappy a QB as Aaron Brooks is (And having watched David Carr ply his trade for 5 straight years now I consider myself an expert on crappy QB's) I have to admit that to my eyes that non-play was a thing of beauty.

Aaron Brooks sucks. Aaron Brooks has been sacked like groceries this season. Aaron Brooks couldn't buy himself a good decision on the field this year even if he borrowed Reggie Bush's signing bonus to pay for it. One thing Aaron Brooks doesn't do however is sack himself by running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. He can successfully not do that without even thinking about it.

When you're watching Aaron Brooks play QB and thinking "I wish my teams QB would learn how to do that" then you have to stop and ask yourself if maybe your team needs to go in another direction where the QB position is concerned.

Lots of blame to go around today for a miserable afternoon on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not giving anyone else a pass on this and I know that the line needs work and help. That doesn't mean Carr gets a pass on his miserable play.

Honoring Earl 34
12-03-2006, 07:55 PM
I posted last week; That when we win.. it really makes the Carr hater's go nuts.. Sorry guys, but sure beat losing. Suffer, or better yet .. Leave, and take nightmare with you. :cool:

OH come on Caddy ... if it was'nt for the anti-Carr people you'd be bored .

QB75
12-03-2006, 07:57 PM
lol, you're a lucky dog, get to root for vy every sunday, you owe us one man...lol

No problem. You can have him.

Honoring Earl 34
12-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I for one seriously wonder if Carr's ability to be a great NFL QB has been permanently compromised after having been sacked relentlessly during his formative years in the NFL. I sure hope not, but watching him play it looks that way at times.

The thing to me is not how he got here ( getting beat like rented mule ) its he's here . The team owes him nothing beyond what he gets paid , and each year you wait is a year down the drain .

TexansLucky13
12-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Aggie

I'm an Aggie. What does that have to do with anything?

texflex513
12-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Today I saw an interesting thing. I saw Aaron Brooks roll to his right and look downfield while doing it. I saw him roll towards the sideline and trade any chance he had for positive yardage on the ground while he looked for a receiver downfield to get open. It didn't happen of course because the Texans defense is good enough to contain a sorry offense like the Raiders most of the time but the part that caught my eye was how casually Brooks flicked the ball away just before he stepped out of bounds. As crappy a QB as Aaron Brooks is (And having watched David Carr ply his trade for 5 straight years now I consider myself an expert on crappy QB's) I have to admit that to my eyes that non-play was a thing of beauty.

Aaron Brooks sucks. Aaron Brooks has been sacked like groceries this season. Aaron Brooks couldn't buy himself a good decision on the field this year even if he borrowed Reggie Bush's signing bonus but Aaron Brooks doesn't sack himself by running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. He can successfully not do that without even thinking about it.

When you're watching Aaron Brooks play QB and thinking "I wish my teams QB would learn how to do that" then you have to stop and ask yourself if maybe your team needs to go in another direction where the QB position is concerned.

Lots of blame to go around today for a miserable afternoon on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not giving anyone else a pass on this and I know that the line needs work and help. That doesn't mean Carr gets a pass on his miserable play. I agree 100% Carr is damaged goods he does not have the feel for the pocket like other Qbs do when they instinctively step up in the pocket and some of the basic skills a Qb should possess he struggles at...but i believe kubiak will have him together if given more time i just hope it does not turn texans fans against kubes for really believing in david.....the way i still do I am a texans fan 1st but i think we have our guy in carr despite his bad years already.

QB75
12-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Aggie

No, Longhorn actually.

Honoring Earl 34
12-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Go to NFL.com and look at past drafts ( you may have to look in history section ) and see all the players the C&C football factory missed on . I think Carr and his handling is another nail in the coffin .

moses77550
12-03-2006, 08:12 PM
VY was better than carr in college when carr was playing for the Texans....And I liked car untill the past 6 games he has played.

run-david-run
12-03-2006, 08:12 PM

Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinart

5 turnovers forced, 7 points allowed (and thats was off a short-field). I like how our defense has turned out, thank you very much.

TexansFanatic
12-03-2006, 08:19 PM
You are full of it dude, no longhorn would have a avatar of VY knee on the ground controversy play.

I'm calling BS on that too...

TexansFanatic
12-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah me too. Because everyone knows Longhorn's fans aren't objective.

As a Longhorn fan myself, I agree with that.:heh:

Wolf
12-03-2006, 08:30 PM
WOW some of you people are on a whole other level... Well I have had enough of it, next week a real QB comes to town, Aggies will be on here in full force, Carr homers trying to make people feel guilty for pulling for Vince, I can't wait. Titans 21 (probably more) - Houston 0

And what do Vince Homers do? try to make people feel guilty of the Mario pick..

two peas in a pod..

how about both players can be good in this league.

coachdent
12-03-2006, 08:35 PM
I think Carr would do very well playing in Tennesse. Vince was blessed to go to that team. To begin with they did have a running game to begin the season with. Fisher is one of the best head coaches in the NFL. Chow is considered one of the best OC's and QB coaches in the game. All that adds up to an awful lot of help for a new young QB who does have talent. The team is young and they are growing with Young.

Kubiak is no Fisher and that's all there is to it. Our OC is no NORM CHOW. Carr has taken a lot of abuse as a TEXAN and how the man keeps on playing despite the shots is beyond me. The 1st fumble probably should have been reviewed, but the most important point is the guy had a straight path past Winston and nailed Carr hard. I have a feeling most of you would have fumbled the ball as well. However, there were questions as to whether the ground may have caused the fumble, but it wasn't reviewed. The officials have to call for a review and didn't.

EXCELLENT POINTS! Right on!:woot:
VY makes plenty of mistakes but he doesn't because that Superman never makes a mistake. :hyper:
Two picks today for Vince would be how most Texan fans would view Carr doing the same thing. VY has MUCh more to work with in terms of a system and those around him. It is laughable.

One week does not a carrer make and for the record, the Titans are one game better than the Texans. So just a dose of reality before the coronation please.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-03-2006, 08:39 PM
VY makes plenty of mistakes but he doesn't because that Superman never makes a mistake. :hyper:
Two picks today for Vince would be how most Texan fans would view Carr doing the same thing. VY has MUCh more to work with in terms of a system and those around him. It is laughable.

One week does not a carrer make and for the record, the Titans are one game better than the Texans. So just a dose of reality before the coronation please.

Let me refresh your memory:

Both of our starting TEs are hurt for the season: Erron Kinney and Ben Troupe.

Our #1 wide receiver is out for the season: David Givens

Here is who Vince has to throw to (tell me how many of these players you have even heard of):
Drew Bennett
Brandon Jones
Courtney Roby
Roydell Williams
Bo Scaife
Ben Hartsock
Ahmard Hall

So don't even try to tell me Vince has great players around him. None of those people have ever sniffed a Pro Bowl.

coachdent
12-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Before VY stepped in Tenn was crap, he was a breath of fresh air. I bet the Texans players would like to feel that way, maybe Carr can bring that to the team next week.......pause..........NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VY's breath of fresh air has yielded four wins and five losses. Canton should reserve a spot for him right now!

It is the Tennessee run game that has been the source of their success. That, and a hideous collapse by the Giants, alos aided by two horrendous calls on fourth down that gave the Titans life.

Wolf
12-03-2006, 08:40 PM
so why wouldn't you root for Mario? if you liked that pick?

did we root for Josh becket when he pitched against the Astros .. or did we root for the Astros

Do we root for Rashad Lewis when he plays against the rockets?

no we rooted for the transplant Houstonians.. Bagwell/Biggio against Becket.. or rooted for McGrady/Ming against Lewis.

so why wouldn't we root for Ryans/Williams against Young?

Wolf
12-03-2006, 08:41 PM

Here is who Vince has to throw to (tell me how many of these players you have even heard of):
Drew Bennett
Brandon Jones
Courtney Roby
Roydell Williams
Bo Scaife
Ben Hartsock
Ahmard Hall

So don't even try to tell me Vince has great players around him. None of those people have ever sniffed a Pro Bowl.

what made it nice for Vince is that he is familiar with Hall and Scaife..

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-03-2006, 08:43 PM
what made it nice for Vince is that he is familiar with Hall and Scaife..

Yeah. Hall was undrafted and just tried out for the team. He's turning into a stud.

My point was this: Vince has no one that is a great receiver on this team.

coachdent
12-03-2006, 08:44 PM

Drew Bennett
Brandon Jones
Courtney Roby
Roydell Williams
Bo Scaife
Ben Hartsock
Ahmard Hall

Drew Bennett is pretty good my friend.
We don't have Pacman Jones who can catch a flip pass behind the line of scrimmage and can turn it into 17 yards.
You didn't mention Lendale White.
You didn't mention Travis Henrry.
You didn't match up your offensive line with ours.

So please...leave that logic alone!

Today was the first day he has had a passer rating over 100. I know you would be gushing after his 3 INT performance against the Jags.

He's great.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Today was the first day he has had a passer rating over 100.

He had 103.7 against the Giants. Nice try though.

Travis Henry was a Free Agent, you guys could have picked him up.
LenDale White was sitting right there when you were drafting in the 2nd round

profan
12-03-2006, 08:56 PM

Carr lover, you have lost your mind. the titans were getting thier arsses kicked all over the place until vince stepped in a qb. The reason they are winning is because of vince. If carr was plugged in instead of vince, carr and the titans would still be getting thier arsses kicked. Your boy carr is nowhere near the qb and leader as vince young. Don't insult vince! Another bad rep for you coming from me.

DRAMA
12-03-2006, 09:09 PM
We can spin this all we want but it's pretty plain to see.

Vince has IT
David does NOT have IT.

That 'IT' allows you to throw TD's, lead your team back, believe you'll win, further your confidence, and also allows you to MAKE others feel the same. The Titans are starting to believe. Once you believe, you're on your way.

As of now, with DC as our QB, we simply don't believe...and it has NOTHING to do with stats.

Texanfan4ever
12-03-2006, 09:13 PM

Nobody.

Then quit watching and change teams. SImple. Go where you think is better. Do yourself a favor and save yourself from the heartache,that those of us that are real fans will live through until it turns around.

Wolf
12-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Carr lover, you have lost your mind. the titans were getting thier arsses kicked all over the place until vince stepped in a qb. The reason they are winning is because of vince. If carr was plugged in instead of vince, carr and the titans would still be getting thier arsses kicked. Your boy carr is nowhere near the qb and leader as vince young. Don't insult vince! Another bad rep for you coming from me.

how does that get a negative rep from what he said?

Texanfan4ever
12-03-2006, 09:15 PM
We can spin this all we want but it's pretty plain to see.

Vince has IT
David does NOT have IT.

That 'IT' allows you to throw TD's, lead your team back, believe you'll win, further your confidence, and also allows you to MAKE others feel the same. The Titans are starting to believe. Once you believe, you're on your way.

As of now, with DC as our QB, we simply don't believe...and it has NOTHING to do with stats.

Same scenario, when you are on your back, it doesn't matter who you are. You won't get the job done. Period. Half of our O'line now is hurt, and what was in there today was pitiful. That doesn't make David the problem. All QB
s will get sacked in that venue/.

vince has a team to work with. He is not GOD> Is he good, probably, but he is luccky to have a line.

coachdent
12-03-2006, 09:16 PM

Henry and White are both better than our backs right now and what Carr has to work with. That was the point...nice try though. We're quite happy with DeMeco Ryans with our second pick. Perhaps you saw him today. He's the one who had:

14 tackles
1 sack
1 fumble recovery
1 forced fumble
1 INT.

Yup. Titans rule. Texans suck.:sarcasm:

Wolf
12-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Vince would have gotten ruined with the OL we have.. hate to say it but did.

however, Carr brings some of the heat on himself, and other times it isn't his fault..teams pin their ears back when they go against the Texan offense..

profan
12-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Then quit watching and change teams. SImple. Go where you think is better. Do yourself a favor and save yourself from the heartache,that those of us that are real fans will live through until it turns around.

Well, guess what. It's not simple for everyone. Many people have invested a hell of alot on money in this team. You dont just change teams, really impossible in most instances. What makes you a REAL fan? Is it the amount of psl's you buy? The number of games you attend? What? I consider myself a real fan, but i'm really unhappy with this team right know? Does than not make me a real fan?

coachdent
12-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Well, guess what. It's not simple for everyone. Many people have invested a hell of alot on money in this team. You dont just change teams, really impossible in most instances. What makes you a REAL fan? Is it the amount of psl's you buy? The number of games you attend? What? I consider myself a real fan, but i'm really unhappy with this team right know? Does than not make me a real fan?

Being unhappy with the team does not preculde you from being a fan. I am unhappy with many aspects of the offense that we need to improve. Carr is a portion of that, but not NEARLY to the scope that the fans, the newspaper coulumnists and our coaching staff believe. But that doesn't stop me from being a fan.

What stops you from being a fan is when people shovel this Vince Young garbage and Reggie Bush nonsense. Those people, in my opinion, are not fans. Those people are the ones who slow down and pull over to watch car wrecks. What's the point? What is done is done and you move on with what you have.

profan
12-03-2006, 09:28 PM
how does that get a negative rep from what he said?

Because, i'm in a bad mood about the play of our qb and he never places any blame on carr. Way too biased. Did he not see the play of the titans before vince took over, they had not won a game and completely sucked. No way carr has the same impact on that team as carr. Maybe i jumped the gun and over reacted on the negative rep. but i really don;'t care and after stating that i did not give him a negative rep. for that post. I did receive at least one neg. rep for my post and i really dont care. I'm off this board. See ya.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Henry and White are both better than our backs right now and what Carr has to work with. That was the point...nice try though. We're quite happy with DeMeco Ryans with our second pick. Perhaps you saw him today. He's the one who had:

14 tackles
1 sack
1 fumble recovery
1 forced fumble
1 INT.

Yup. Titans rule. Texans suck.:sarcasm:

Yeah I know. Demeco is awesome. I was just making a point.

I love SEC football and I love seeing SEC players succeed in the NFL.

profan
12-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Being unhappy with the team does not preculde you from being a fan. I am unhappy with many aspects of the offense that we need to improve. Carr is a portion of that, but not NEARLY to the scope that the fans, the newspaper coulumnists and our coaching staff believe. But that doesn't stop me from being a fan.

What stops you from being a fan is when people shovel this Vince Young garbage and Reggie Bush nonsense. Those people, in my opinion, are not fans. Those people are the ones who slow down and pull over to watch car wrecks. What's the point? What is done is done and you move on with what you have.

Well, you just need to get a little thicker skin. I supported our decisions relating the bush, young, and drafting mario, but i know people who still attend every game screaming support for the texans, that still wish we would have taken one of them. That does not stop them from being a fan. Okay, now, i'm finished with this board. Too much of a waste of time. Will still attend every game, scream when defense in on field, and support the texans all the way until i cannot physically attend games anymore. Good things will come.

DenverBorn
12-03-2006, 09:33 PM

I am sorry but I totally disagree.

First, if everyone accepts mediocrity, goes to the games anyway and doesn't complain, what incentive does McNair have to make it a better team? I WANT McNair and Kubiak to feel the pressure to make the team better. If I wasn't a fan I wouldn't watch the games or be here every Sunday. I've been a Houston sports fan since 1965, but that doesn't mean I have to accept the substandard product that is being put on the field.

And it was such a colossal mistake to not draft VY, for so many reasons, that I want the owner to know how unhappy I am about it. No I am not going to get over it. I want McNair and Kubiak to be reminded of it every Sunday.

All of you blind loyalists are just contributing to a perpetuation of the mediocrity that is the Houston Texans. Me, I want something better.

gameguy89
12-03-2006, 09:34 PM

The Titans are one game better than the Texans. By record. Look at where their last two wins have come from: 21 points down under the Giants, 21 points down under the Colts.

Before you stop reading my post and start typing your own about how crappy of a job the Giants did during that game, let me make this clear: I have always pulled for Vince because of his leadership. Show me one time Carr has led a comeback of 21 points in the NFL. If you can somehow pull that one out of thin air, show me when he's done it twice in a row, against teams with winning records, especially and on the level of the Colts. Okay, yes, Vince had some help with the comebacks: Pac-Man had a huge day, and that one 4th down play contributed greatly. But I ask you this. When the Texans were down by what, 9 points at the same time that the Titans were down by 21, what were they doing? What was David Carr doing? As far as they were concerned, we were already 3-8. I saw very little effort out of the Texans in the second half of the Jets game.

Stop arguing about stats and the mistakes that Vince Young has made. He's a rookie. He's going to make mistakes. But he has heart. He has leadership. I can't say the same about David Carr. I wish I could. I really do. But he's lost it. These last 5 years have taken most of that out of David Carr and until he can prove to me otherwise, I will continue to lament the choice made by the Texans FO to pick Williams over Young.

TexansFanatic
12-03-2006, 09:35 PM

Sorry, but you're wrong, and here's why:

I am a fan of the Texans. I was a fan of this team before it even existed. Before this message board existed I used to go to a message board where people discussed whether the next expansion team would go to Houston or L.A. I fell in love with Bob McNair's brains, class, and determination to bring this town a new NFL franchise and I was certain (and still am, by the way) that this man would field a winning product.

But I was angry in April when they passed on Vince Young because I was certain he was the right pick. And I am angry now, because I was right back in April and it looks like a decision that might haunt Houston for a decade or so---maybe even a lot longer. This doesn't make me less of a Houston fan. If anything, it makes me more of a fan because I'm sticking with my team in spite of their stupidity.

And you are also wrong to compare people like me to people who slow down to look at car wrecks. I despise those people.....

BetOnVYinCantonEasy
12-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Today was the first day he has had a passer rating over 100.

Not so. He's also 5-4, not 4-5, he's 4 points against two playoff teams away from having the Titans in playoff contention, taking over for a team already in an 0-3 hole, he has more rushing yards than than Reggie Bush despite already playing as a pass first/ run last QB. He's constantly improving on his progressions and overall perspective of the field. That he is looking to pass first, yet can scramble for tons of yard if need be, and that he is no longer freezing on his primary or secondary receivers because the game is already slowing down for him is why Travis Henry is having his best year in quite a while and L. White is starting to progress. Young's abilities are opening up running lanes for his backs that otherwise would not be there, and in turn, it spreads the defensive for VY to scramble more proficiently as well if routes aren't open or on a play designed for him to run. You've got the whole rushing synergy backwards. One of his picks today was a rookie mistake and one wasn't really his fault. That being said, if he starts at the beginning of the year, the Titans are likely in playoff contention right now. He is a leader and his team feeds off of that. Oh, by the way, designing an offense that maximizes the skill set and potential of your starting QB is what good coaches do; and as Young is a rookie, you can expect a good coach to start off more conservatively and open it up as his young QB matures. Of course, I have seen plenty of bad coaches that don't get this; I run across new ones every day.

Wolf
12-03-2006, 09:41 PM
hmmm decoy.. where have I heard that before :heh:

Porky
12-03-2006, 10:11 PM

First, if everyone accepts mediocrity, goes to the games anyway and doesn't complain, what incentive does McNair have to make it a better team? I WANT McNair and Kubiak to feel the pressure to make the team better. If I wasn't a fan I wouldn't watch the games or be here every Sunday. I've been a Houston sports fan since 1965, but that doesn't mean I have to accept the substandard product that is being put on the field.

And it was such a colossal mistake to not draft VY, for so many reasons, that I want the owner to know how unhappy I am about it. No I am not going to get over it. I want McNair and Kubiak to be reminded of it every Sunday.

All of you blind loyalists are just contributing to a perpetuation of the mediocrity that is the Houston Texans. Me, I want something better.

I agree with this. If I had a ticket next week, I would be rooting for VY, and booing Carr. Nothing personal against Carr. He can't help it that he sucks. More as a reminder to Mcnair, who lost site of who pays the bills. That's right, the fans. I know fans are not always right, but they are not always wrong either. Not only is VY ten times better than Carr is already, but can you imagine the good will he could have created after such a lousy year. VY is 5-4 after the team looked horrible in an 0-3 start. He is a rookie, therefore it's not always pretty, but Young is a winner, plain and simple. We all saw it last year. All, except the Texans brain trust, which is an oxymoron, or is it just moron? The Texans are going to be embarrassed next week, and for my money, it serves them right. I hope Vince runs roughshod all over them. The Texans need to be taught a lesson, specifically Mcnair, who is a nice man who is in over his head. He is as clueless an owner as their is in the league. Unless he suddenly wakes up, the Texans will never be good. :crying:

Prediction - The Titans will have been totally rebuilt, and back in the playoffs before the Texans are. :brickwall

TexansFanatic
12-03-2006, 10:14 PM

Excellent post. Well said.

TNTitan
12-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Excellent post. Well said.

you can't have him :mario2:

Porky
12-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Young did something in his 9th NFL start that Carr hasn't managed in 70. Beat the Colts. He is a winner and a leader. Mcnair is to blame for this mess. This pile of dung lies at his doorstep.

TexansFanatic
12-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Young did something in his 9th NFL start that Carr hasn't managed in 70. Beat the Colts. He is a winner and a leader. Mcnair is to blame for this mess. This pile of dung lies at his doorstep.

While I agree that ultimate responsibility lies with the man at the top, let's not forget that Charley Casserly was a very respected GM before coming and taking a dump on Houston. I, for one, was extremely satisfied with his selection as GM. I was wrong. McNair was wrong. But I'm hoping we're on the right track now.

But the decision to pass on Vince was Kubiak's and I believed then it was a huge mistake and it looks like I'm being proved right. We'll know more in a few years obviously, but it sure looks like Kubiak's first shot at a really big decision was a HUGE FREAKING GOOF!!!

Ibar_Harry
12-03-2006, 10:43 PM
While I agree that ultimate responsibility lies with the man at the top, let's not forget that Charley Casserly was a very respected GM before coming and taking a dump on Houston. I, for one, was extremely satisfied with his selection as GM. I was wrong. McNair was wrong. But I'm hoping we're on the right track now.

But the decision to pass on Vince was Kubiak's and I believed then it was a huge mistake and it looks like I'm being proved right. We'll know more in a few years obviously, but it sure looks like Kubiak's first shot at a really big decision was a HUGE FREAKING GOOF!!!

No, it turns out the biggest goof was McNair picking Kubiak. Sorry, but he ain't the coach you think he is and Casserly was more than a big part of the success of the current draft class. Kubiak has been saying that OD was Casserly's pick. Casserly and Kubiak actually worked well together and I think we are going to miss Casserly more than most of you think. I think Smith is going to bomb, but that's simply my opinion.

TexansFanatic
12-03-2006, 10:53 PM
No, it turns out the biggest goof was McNair picking Kubiak. Sorry, but he ain't the coach you think he is and Casserly was more than a big part of the success of the current draft class. Kubiak has been saying that OD was Casserly's pick. Casserly and Kubiak actually worked well together and I think we are going to miss Casserly more than most of you think. I think Smith is going to bomb, but that's simply my opinion.

I haven't been happy with a number of the things Kubiak has done since being hired, but it's way too early to be calling him a failure. There have been a lot of first year head coaches for whom things have looked pretty bleak early on. The biggest surprise to me, by far, has been the success of Bill Belichick with the Patriots after his first dismal attempt in Cleveland....How he ever got a second chance is beyond me.

run-david-run
12-03-2006, 10:53 PM

reggie bush is a role player if i ever saw one. you dont build teams around receivers (which is what he is). a great DE and a great MLB, which we now have, are somthing to build around.

run-david-run
12-03-2006, 10:56 PM

Umm.. you traded for Henry (3rd round pick)
And Ill take my rookie of the year linebacker in the 2nd round over White

phan1
12-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Can't defend Carr's performance this week. He was terrible. And Kubiak obviously didn't have much faith in him either after the half.

But I do think we're not giving Mario enough credit. I'm not too sure that you take VY over Williams. Sure, VY is a QB and is the "sexy pick", but you've got to admit, Mario has done a heack of a lot for this football team. Keep in mind, when you say "I want VY", you're sacrficing 2 players in Carr and Williams. I'd rather keep both of them than to just have VY.

kingh99
12-03-2006, 11:26 PM
VY has a higher QB IQ, better instincts and a greater playmaker quotient than DC by a long shot. What you say today were two bad teams whose performance on the field as much as anything else was a reflection of the ineptness of their QB's. Both Carr and that guy for Oakland are just really stupid players at their position. Defenses just take em apart.

I hate say it but David Carr is a dim bulb. I almost feel sorry for him as Kubiak goes about treating him like coach's son on his LL baseball team. It's funny as hell to watch. He made DC hand it off for the final what seemed like forever and I presume he ended with negative total passing yards. Outstanding. And Ron Dayne, bless his cholesterol choked heart, he did okay by me today. But DC, today dude you officially became Biff Dilfer, a skinny version of the biggest airhead to ever QB. As long as he doesn't think or anything, it'll be okay.

Specnatz
12-03-2006, 11:34 PM
VY's breath of fresh air has yielded four wins and five losses. Canton should reserve a spot for him right now!

It is the Tennessee run game that has been the source of their success. That, and a hideous collapse by the Giants, alos aided by two horrendous calls on fourth down that gave the Titans life.

For all you VY fools you blindly forget that McNair was injured last year and that is why the team sucked, but hey as long as your blind in one eye and can't see out the other.

ToroFan
12-03-2006, 11:36 PM
To say that Tenn has more talent than Houston is crazy. They basically have the same talent they had least year on offense (when they were abysmal). What is the major change? Vince Young. I would take the wide receivers that the Texans have any day. The Tenn o-line is not that much better than ours. Steve McNair was getting killed behind that o-line last year for those who don't recall. Norm Chow looked like he was in over his head with 3 different qb's before Young came along, and now all of a sudden some of you are calling him an NFL guru?

Also, I wonder why Travis Henry looks so good now? Why wasn't he running like that under Collins, or the Qb's he had last year. Is it perhaps that defenses have to respect Young keeping the ball?

I think that Mario Williams will be a stud, but with this offense we need a franchise QB to make it go. Denver only has really got far with a franchise qb at the helm. That's the reason why they drafted Cutler, and the reason why they switched to him over Plummer this late in the season.

And by the look of things David Carr isn't that franchise QB. VY would have been devastating in our offense in bootlegs situations.

Our defense has improved dramatically (thanks to Mario Williams, but I think most of the credit should go to Demeco. Ryans is a beast). I just wish we had a guy that could inspire our offense as well. I see that in VY, I just don't see that in David Carr.

It's funny how some say that we shouldn't criticize and move on, but as fans we can complain because we pay for tickets, some of our taxes pay for the team, and we want Houston represented well. However those same fans on this message board were saying that VY wouldn't be successful and we would kill our team, don't want to eat crow now, so they come out with the message that hey "arguing doesn't accomplish anything". This is a message board to voice opinions and sound off, good and bad.

I guess those same people who say we shouldn't compain are still big Capers and Casserly fans :francis:

The painful reality for a lot of people is that if Carr had done anything that VY has done in his past games, we wouldnt be having this conversation. For all those saying VY has made silly interceptions that we would roast David Carr for, he has more than made up for it in I dunno...scrambles for third downs, touchdowns, avoiding sacks and oh yeah that all important one leading his team in pressure situations.

No comparison will do this justice than to compare their last drives at the end of the first half today. One against a super bowl contender, the other against the laughingstock of the league. VY leads his team to a TD with a strike to Bennett, while Carr fumbles giving away a TD to the other team.

With all that being said, I think the clear thing we need to do in the offseason is trade or cut david carr. And for those of you who say, he will always be criticized no matter what he does, he even said today that a media reporter could have played better than he could have today.

Carr has had 5 years, under 3 different coordinators, and hasn't show much. He still has no pocket awareness. He locks on to receivers too much. He is careless with the ball. He takes too many sacks. These are all rookie QB mistakes. How many QB's get 5 years to prove themselves? I'm not saying it's his fault, but it is the Texan's problem. Maybe a change of scenery will do wonders for him. But I also think it would help us.

I think the plan for our next draft is take Peterson/Thomas/Landry in the first round, and then hopefully get Troy Smith in the second. I see him as a more physically gifted Drew Brees, and I think he offers a lot of value in the 2nd round.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Tennessee has been 9-23 over the last two years. Vince Young is 5-2 over his last 7 starts...do the math on that one and get that eye checked out yourself.

/\ What this guy said

ToroFan
12-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Tennessee has been 9-23 over the last two years. Vince Young is 5-2 over his last 7 starts...do the math on that one and get that eye checked out yourself.

Hit it on the dot.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Vince has officially passed Reggie as having the most threads on the Texans message board. Congrats Vince!

thunderkyss
12-04-2006, 12:43 AM

Bull, it's no different than people who wish we had drafted derrick johnson, or Marcus Spears, or Julius Peppers, or not wasted high draft picks on Babin, Buchanon, and so on.

Fans are upset that we lost Sharper, Glenn and a few other players.

I'm upset we lost Billy Miller.

I love Mario. I'd hate to think of our defense without him.

but I wouldn't have a problem if we had drafted Vince Young, and sat him on the bench for a year.

Double Barrel
12-04-2006, 01:28 AM

No doubt...that one just slaps you in the face, don't it...

real
12-04-2006, 07:41 AM
Can you picture Carr in the middle of a play-off game...against.....the patriots....

Bright lights....Camera's flashing....

Chips are down....We need this guy to make a play in order for us to win....

??????

Me neither.....

I am officially on the Carr needs to go no matter what band wagaon....

run-david-run
12-04-2006, 09:21 AM
The Titans are one game better than the Texans. By record. Look at where their last two wins have come from: 21 points down under the Giants, 21 points down under the Colts.

Before you stop reading my post and start typing your own about how crappy of a job the Giants did during that game, let me make this clear: I have always pulled for Vince because of his leadership. Show me one time Carr has led a comeback of 21 points in the NFL. If you can somehow pull that one out of thin air, show me when he's done it twice in a row, against teams with winning records, especially and on the level of the Colts. Okay, yes, Vince had some help with the comebacks: Pac-Man had a huge day, and that one 4th down play contributed greatly. But I ask you this. When the Texans were down by what, 9 points at the same time that the Titans were down by 21, what were they doing? What was David Carr doing? As far as they were concerned, we were already 3-8. I saw very little effort out of the Texans in the second half of the Jets game.

Stop arguing about stats and the mistakes that Vince Young has made. He's a rookie. He's going to make mistakes. But he has heart. He has leadership. I can't say the same about David Carr. I wish I could. I really do. But he's lost it. These last 5 years have taken most of that out of David Carr and until he can prove to me otherwise, I will continue to lament the choice made by the Texans FO to pick Williams over Young.
If you want to see a Carr-inspired comeback, go watch our first ever home win against the Titans where we were down and hopeless at halftime, then scored 28 in the second half and came back for the win.

There was no comeback against the Colts. Indy scored 17 the whole game. Although it is an impressive feat for a rookie QB to beat Indy, lets get the facts right before we proclaim VY as the next Montana.

TNTitan
12-04-2006, 09:26 AM
If you want to see a Carr-inspired comeback, go watch our first ever home win against the Titans where we were down and hopeless at halftime, then scored 28 in the second half and came back for the win.

There was no comeback against the Colts. Indy scored 17 the whole game. Although it is an impressive feat for a rookie QB to beat Indy, lets get the facts right before we proclaim VY as the next Montana.

umm it was 14-0 at one point. True there was NO 2nd half comeback you could say.

run-david-run
12-04-2006, 09:31 AM
umm it was 14-0 at one point. True there was NO 2nd half comeback you could say.

Down by two scores with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter is not exactly what i have in mind when i think of great comebacks. i think the defense holding the colts to 3 points over the next 38 minutes or hitting a 60 yard FG to win the game should be the stories of the game.

real
12-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Down by two scores with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter is not exactly what i have in mind when i think of great comebacks. i think the defense holding the colts to 3 points over the next 38 minutes or hitting a 60 yard FG to win the game should be the stories of the game.

How about having a QB that doesn't make costly mistakes ?

Porky
12-04-2006, 09:57 AM

Try again. Indy had them down 14-0. Name the last time Carr led a comeback against Indy after being down 14-0. I'll be waiting a long time for that response I think. :phone:

TNTitan
12-04-2006, 10:11 AM

i agree with you, Watching VY convert all those 3rd downs during that time period and keeping Manning OFF the field :)

my point before is still valid. Technically it is a comeback but not a 2nd half come back.

kingh99
12-04-2006, 10:20 AM
i agree with you, Watching VY convert all those 3rd downs during that time period and keeping Manning OFF the field :)

my point before is still valid. Technically it is a comeback but not a 2nd half come back.

Here's the deal. titan fans are now over the hump. They go to the games getting ready to go to war and VY is their gladiator. That guy has won em over. From here on out they'll have his back, rain or shine. Houston? McNair aint figured it out yet. We don't dig going to our games because we are lead by a weak assed QB. Man this hurts.

Orion
12-04-2006, 11:04 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!

El Amigo Invisible
12-04-2006, 01:14 PM

Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinart

I thought that it was common knowledge. You have to draft one of those guys ! We did not get one of them . I am really concerned about our draft choices in the future.

kastofsna
12-04-2006, 01:29 PM
you have to include mario williams in that group though. it's not like they were the only 3 elite players in this draft.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-04-2006, 02:37 PM
you have to include mario williams in that group though. it's not like they were the only 3 elite players in this draft.

But Mario was drafted based on his size and physical ability. He had 2 other 1st rounders with him and Stephen Tulloch behind him at OLB (Stephen Tulloch is now on the Titans and is having a great rookie year, FYI).

Mario is really physically gifted, but Vince, Reggie, and Mario are all better at their positions.

HJam72
12-05-2006, 03:50 AM
Some people don't even recognize their own. :rolleyes:

kastofsna
12-05-2006, 06:04 AM
But Mario was drafted based on his size and physical ability. He had 2 other 1st rounders with him and Stephen Tulloch behind him at OLB (Stephen Tulloch is now on the Titans and is having a great rookie year, FYI).

Mario is really physically gifted, but Vince, Reggie, and Mario are all better at their positions.
bush isn't even an RB so he's certainly not better at that position. as for having two first rounders with him on defense.....so?

BigWig
12-05-2006, 08:17 AM
on contrar the bear qb grossman only had 34 yds compared to carrs 32 so not really that bad and rex threw ints unlike our fumbles which by the way were not 100 percent carrs fault so just stfu about carr sucking already geezzzzz

Correction Carr had a net total of -5, he passed for 32 and was sacked for 37, whereas Grossman had a total of 34. Dont forget NO completions in the ENTIRE second half.

CaptainPatriot
12-06-2006, 02:01 PM

Very well Said!!!! I see you see it also!!!

MightyTExan
12-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Texas is a football state. A lot of good NFL players come from Texas. We expect to see playmakers like VY. Any QB "just managing a game" isn't gonna cut it here. In the beginning it looked like Carr could be a playmaker. Now he's just collecting a paycheck.

The Dream
12-06-2006, 03:52 PM

Vince Young
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinart

I agree...I've said it once and I'll say it again, Mario has been pretty good this year, BUT a DE does NOT have the same impact as a QB on the game...he just doesn't...bottom line...when you're a team searching for a leader, a player to build a franchise around, someone who will keep the fans interested and not yelling at one another on forum boards, then you HAVE to go with the QB.....I've been saying this for about a year now, and it looks like me (and some others) were correct.

mexican_texan
12-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Broncos didn't win a Super Bowl until they got a certain defensive end. Tennessee's Jevon Kearse(now with the Eagles), Reggie White, Julius Peppers, and more dominant defensive linemen I don't care to list have won or at least been to a Super Bowl.

Shaun Alexander, Barry Sanders, Peyton Manning, LaDanian Tomlinson, and many other great offensive players have naked fingers.

If you follow football long enough, you'll know that a defense will win out in the end and a dominant defender is much harder to stop than a dominant offensive player. You want fans, you draft a dynamic QB or RB. You want rings, you draft dominant defensive forces.

The Dream
12-06-2006, 04:12 PM
balance wins superbowls (not defense alone)...Reggie White had Favre, Kearse had McNabb, do you see the trend.....the eagles without a dominate DE were still able to be successful year after year.....I'm sorry but I'll take a great QB over a great DE ANYDAY of the week......the texans have 2 great recievers, but no one to get them the ball....no matter how good your D is you still need to score points to win games.....if you truely think DE's are more valuable than QB's then look no further than the Texans and Titans this year to prove your theory wrong......Vince has had a much greater impact on the titans than Mario has had with the texans

texansguyinpa
12-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Everyone should get off of Carrs back this year, hes completing alot of passes this year and is in a new system. Call me crazy but next year carr will be a pro-bowler, gurantee it. Member how good jake plummer was with gary kubiak as his coach, now he got benched. Carr is not even having that bad of a year. Next year hell be more comfortable with the offense and will start taking more shots down the field. You guys are probably laughing at me right now but next year David Carr will have a GREAT year.

texansguyinpa
12-06-2006, 05:30 PM
wow i cant believe you said andre johnson and eric moulds have no one to get them the ball, andre johnson is leading the league in receptions and top 5 in recieving yards.

CaptainPatriot
12-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Broncos didn't win a Super Bowl until they got a certain defensive end. Tennessee's Jevon Kearse(now with the Eagles), Reggie White, Julius Peppers, and more dominant defensive linemen I don't care to list have won or at least been to a Super Bowl.

Shaun Alexander, Barry Sanders, Peyton Manning, LaDanian Tomlinson, and many other great offensive players have naked fingers.

If you follow football long enough, you'll know that a defense will win out in the end and a dominant defender is much harder to stop than a dominant offensive player. You want fans, you draft a dynamic QB or RB. You want rings, you draft dominant defensive forces.

Good point but you still have to have a QB that don't turn the ball over. IE: PATS vs. Bears 2 weeks ago Best D w/ QB with 4 TO's Bears lose

The Dream
12-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Carr is not even having that bad of a year. Next year hell be more comfortable with the offense and will start taking more shots down the field. You guys are probably laughing at me right now but next year David Carr will have a GREAT year.

oh boy....he's not having "that good of a year" either....next year talk is for losers, which we are, Dave has had plenty of time here, and he's yet to prove anything.

mexican_texan
12-06-2006, 06:47 PM
balance wins superbowls (not defense alone)...Reggie White had Favre, Kearse had McNabb, do you see the trend.....the eagles without a dominate DE were still able to be successful year after year.....I'm sorry but I'll take a great QB over a great DE ANYDAY of the week......the texans have 2 great recievers, but no one to get them the ball....no matter how good your D is you still need to score points to win games.....if you truely think DE's are more valuable than QB's then look no further than the Texans and Titans this year to prove your theory wrong......Vince has had a much greater impact on the titans than Mario has had with the texans
Two words: Peyton Manning.

mexican_texan
12-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Good point but you still have to have a QB that don't turn the ball over. IE: PATS vs. Bears 2 weeks ago Best D w/ QB with 4 TO's Bears lose
Our team has shown that they can and will win despite Carr. Just like the Bears.

HoustonFan
12-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Vince Young is getting up there. Young is just awesome to watch. Now here is a guy that has a burning desire to win. Look at how he brought his team back to win. Not just once but twice. He's still making it look like a video game out there. lol

Carr... *sigh It's as if he's been imploding. I honestly feel bad for him, although this is his first season w/ a new regime, there has been a bit of improvement, but it's just translating into the Ws we've been hoping for. Then I don't see a burning desire in him to win or make things happen.

Hope he gets it together on Sunday.

thunderkyss
12-06-2006, 08:11 PM
I agree...I've said it once and I'll say it again, Mario has been pretty good this year, BUT a DE does NOT have the same impact as a QB on the game...he just doesn't...bottom line...when you're a team searching for a leader, a player to build a franchise around, someone who will keep the fans interested and not yelling at one another on forum boards, then you HAVE to go with the QB.....I've been saying this for about a year now, and it looks like me (and some others) were correct.

Honestly, I'd like to have Vince on this team as well. But If that light would have gone off in David's head, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. Had Sage started after the Dallas game, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

Vince is most likely going to be a great QB. Lienart is going to be the saviour of Phoenix.... Reggie Bush might have a decent career. While they are all once in a lifetime players, there will be others...... we missed the Vince Young boat...... so sad, to bad.... we'll get over it.

Kubiak took a shot, and so far it looks like he missed. (& while Vince is looking pretty good right now, So did Cullpepper, Brooks, Cordell, Bledsoe, Batch, DelHomme, Warner, Flutie, Garcia.... etc... )

But trust me, this David Carr would not have been over had we dumped Carr & took Vince. If the problem is really the city of Houston & her fairweather fans... & If Carr went to NewOrleans & was leading that team to an 8-4 season..... the way Kubiak is doing it is the only way to get off the Carr ride. We've got to give him every possible opportunity to succeed. If he does, great for Houston. if he doesn't.... well it sucks we missed on Vince..... but ce' la vis.......

CaptainPatriot
12-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Our team has shown that they can and will win despite Carr. Just like the Bears.

Beating the worst team in the NFL doesn't count. True the Texans can beat sub .500 teams but they won't beat playoff teams with DC. When was the last time Texans beat the Colts? Jax don't count Texans have their number. Do you really think the Texans can beat the PATS on the road with the performance that DC showed in Oakland last week? Remember the Bears are in the weak NFC at 10-2. The Bears only 2 loses let see came in the AFC the AFC East to be exact! (Miami and PATS) I don't see Texans winning another game this year. I hope Texans can prove me wrong. IMO VY is going to come in here this Sunday and reek havoc because on the Texans not taking him in the draft! He will pump up his D for this game. He will make it a point to make Reliant his Rose Bowl each year. He will have that chip on his shoulder the rest of his career when he comes to town.VY is alot better player now than when he was in the last meeting. As for the PATS game they will shut down the run and short passes and make DC throw the ball down field. Even with Troy Brown (WR) playing nickle and 2nd and 3rd string DB's. I don't think DC can do it. He can't find the open WR in the clutch! Thats going to put the Texans D on the field alot and in bad field position.

CaptainPatriot
12-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Vince Young is getting up there. Young is just awesome to watch. Now here is a guy that has a burning desire to win. Look at how he brought his team back to win. Not just once but twice. He's still making it look like a video game out there. lol

Carr... *sigh It's as if he's been imploding. I honestly feel bad for him, although this is his first season w/ a new regime, there has been a bit of improvement, but it's just translating into the Ws we've been hoping for. Then I don't see a burning desire in him to win or make things happen.

Isn't this a new Regime for VY? Tired of excuses for DC :brickwall

CaptainPatriot
12-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Another thing every Super Bowl team, that includes the teams that lost, has in common is a good Offensive Line and most of the Super Bowl winners had dominant Offensive Lines. Until The Texans get a dominant Offensive Line they aren't going anywhere no matter who is behind that line.

You are so right on that. The year the PATS beat Panthers in the SB the O-Line gave up 0 Sacks through out the Playoffs! VY not only runs but he is looking down field as he moves with his feet. He won't need as good a O-Line as Brady does because of his mobility.

CaptainPatriot
12-07-2006, 10:39 AM

Not all about points in the playoffs. It is ball control. You take a good D with a running game and QB that don't make TO's you win.IE:PATS beat explosive Colts 20-3 with ball control kept manning on the bench. Dillion 144 on the ground Brady no INT's.

run-david-run
12-07-2006, 06:40 PM

Yeah, amazing how he started out so well, then once his two starting offensive tackles went on IR he started "imploding"...there is just no explanation there!

titansforever20
12-07-2006, 07:14 PM
run-david-run, quit being so bitter. you KNOW vince has "it" and carr does not. just admit it already

thunderkyss
12-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, amazing how he started out so well, then once his two starting offensive tackles went on IR he started "imploding"...there is just no explanation there!

5 sacks against philly.......

4 sacks against Indy......

1 sack against Washington.......

5 sacks against Miami.......

But he was doing soo good when we were protecting him, before the injuries... when we had our starters in the game.

:sarcasm:

The Dream
12-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Not all about points in the playoffs. It is ball control. You take a good D with a running game and QB that don't make TO's you win.IE:PATS beat explosive Colts 20-3 with ball control kept manning on the bench. Dillion 144 on the ground Brady no INT's.

I didn't say it was all about points, I said it was about balance, which the texans don't have....and VY = a ball control type of QB who can score points for you (which is why I wanted him)

Bongo59
12-09-2006, 09:44 AM
You are so right on that. The year the PATS beat Panthers in the SB the O-Line gave up 0 Sacks through out the Playoffs! VY not only runs but he is looking down field as he moves with his feet. He won't need as good a O-Line as Brady does because of his mobility.cant wait til week 17 so you get the pleasure.....................

Bongo59
12-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah, amazing how he started out so well, then once his two starting offensive tackles went on IR he started "imploding"...there is just no explanation there!Carr needs enablers like you.....................