PDA

View Full Version : 1 Week Till Operation Payback

yaboycm
12-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Fresh off victories against the lowly Colts and dominant Raiders, it is finally time for Vince Young's Titans to take on the Texans in Houston.

Year 1 in many paybacks to come!

Sunday - WEAR ORANGE!

valleytexfan
12-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Fresh off victories against the lowly Colts and dominant Raiders, it is finally time for Vince Young's Titans to take on the Texans in Houston.

Year 1 in many paybacks to come!

Sunday - WEAR ORANGE!
:dance2:

sleepwalker
12-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Texas 17 Titans 14

the wonger need food
12-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Unfortunately, I like the Titans in this one. VY will make plays for his team and lead them to a win while we sit around and make excuses for our QB.

TexansLucky13
12-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Texans - 24
Titans - 17

TexanSam
12-03-2006, 07:59 PM
As much as Houston fans hated the Texans bypassing Vince, there will still be more Texans fans that Titans fans. Especially coming off of a win. Had we lost this game, I think fans would have been even less eager to go, but coming off a win (albeit an ugly win) makes it a little easier drive to the stadium. There will be a good number of Vince (not Titan) fans, but the Texans will still outnumber them by 10-1.

Mr. White
12-03-2006, 08:01 PM
I agree with the Carr haters today.

TN- 24 (and 5 sacks)
HOU- 7 (only TD with 1:30 left in the 4th.)

Bongo59
12-03-2006, 08:05 PM
VY has been waiting for payback. Remember he personally asked McNair to draft him. Talk all you want. You know him and many of you have seen him to do it to everyone. Well his abilities have already shown and translated in the NFL. He just broke Elways rookie comeback record and the Colts 50-0 run of winning when ahead by 2 TD's. He just beat both Mannings and I hear Archie is afraid of him too now. The Texan FO will pay and you guys will have to endure a 12 yrs of VY and his greatness because of this.

Wolf
12-03-2006, 08:06 PM
we would be fools to think at one time or another that a Titan team would beat a Houston team at some point

TexanSam
12-03-2006, 08:32 PM
You are crazy, no check that, out of your mind, there will be 10 fold more VY fans. True Houston Roots never turn on our own, regardless of how many Aggies and Carr Homers come on this Message Board!

Actually, I think for most Houstonians that are also Texans fans, they'll support the team far more than they will one individual player. It's easier to look through the world realistically than in orange or light blue (sucks to be you) tinted glasses.

TexanFanInCC
12-03-2006, 08:36 PM
i think the titans defense is riding high after how they contained the colts offense today. the momentum could carry over to next weeks game. however, since the game is at reliant, no telling what might happen. all i know is that vince young plays well in the spotlight, and he is going to be in the spotlight bc it is his homecomming, so u know he will want to play his best. im not liking our chances next week. carr is going to have to play a very good game (at least 200 yds passing.) even so, vanden bosch owned the texans when they played us last, and so i can see vanden bosch having another big game.

gwallaia
12-03-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm a Houston Texan fan, that's why I will be wearing my Texan jersey to the game Sunday.

FanFromCali
12-03-2006, 09:07 PM
All I want for Christmas is for the Texans to smack around the Titans.

brookspw
12-04-2006, 09:41 AM
He just broke Elways rookie comeback record and the Colts 50-0 run of winning when ahead by 2 TD's.

I actually think the number is 61-0 when leading by 14 points. 61-1 now.

He just beat both Mannings and I hear Archie is afraid of him too now.

:dance3: Somewhere, Cooper is watching his back.

19-10
12-04-2006, 10:12 AM
I've always believed the "any given Sunday" idea in the NFL but after watching the last two games I think the only way we win is for defense and special teams to score - OFTEN. I believe Vince will find a way to win on Sunday and usually love watching that type of player but in that jersey it just makes me sick. Paybacks a b*tch

TNTitan
12-04-2006, 10:30 AM
You all seem to forget the Texans match up well with the Titans. Like Texans and Jaguars. I expect a close game and VY being the difference.

Titans 24
Texans 20

Texans Horror
12-04-2006, 10:36 AM
The Titans are on an emotional roll from their win against Indy. The Texans are floundering after a win where nothing went right except Janikowski's foot (okay, left once). Vince is coming home and will want to play well. This is going to be a huge game for him, and I don't think the Texans are going to have an answer. As much as the Texans should have won the Tennessee game, I think it will be a sweep for the Titans, and an easy victory.

Titans 34, Texans 10.

Hervoyel
12-04-2006, 10:57 AM
I want to see the Texans win this game but I am very afraid that after the ugly win yesterday and the recent success Vince Young and the Titans have had we're in for a loss. I'm also afraid that this could get really ugly if Carr has a bad game. If he does we could see the stadium truly turn on him. I doubt he'd break down and cry like Tim Couch did when Cleveland fans finally let it all fly but I don't think he's ready for a stadium full of UT and Titans jerseys loudly booing his every move and laughing at his every mistake.

Just like Tim Couch in Cleveland David Carr is going to bear the brunt of 5 years of frustration and dissappointment from a stadium full of angry fans. This has the potential to be a dark day in Houston sports history. It could be one of those days we talk about twenty years from now. It could be a "New Years Day Massacre", "They traded Earl", "Stagger Lee", or "Buffalo Comeback" kind of day where we do something that permanently scars the Houston sports landscape even more than it already is.

whiskeyrbl
12-04-2006, 10:58 AM
You all seem to forget the Texans match up well with the Titans. Like Texans and Jaguars. I expect a close game and VY being the difference.

Titans 24
Texans 20

They do match up very well
Texans 27
Titans 20
Demeco Ryans will be the difference.