PDA

View Full Version : So, since we won, Carr's bad stats count?

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
When he puts up decent numbers and we lose, its Carrs fault.

He has horrible stats for this game but we won, so who cares right?

TexanFan881
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
I don't think it's just the bad stats, but the 3 fumbles in the last 4 minutes in the game, and not being able to move the ball. I like Carr but if we would of lost I would have put it on him. The D played great and the running game worked solidly today. -5 yards passing is saying something.

hot pickle
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
just keep the ball out of carr's hands for the rest of the season, and win 2 more games

texflex513
12-03-2006, 07:26 PM

He has horrible stats for this game but we won, so who cares right? Carr had a horrible passing and blocking day there is no excuse for this when you are the QB and start at all 5 o line positions. Ephraim CARR, chester CARR, drew CARR fred CARR and eric CARR can do a better job totally!! unacceptable!!!!

dirty steve
12-03-2006, 07:28 PM
funny stuff--i think steve CARR should be ashamed for himself also.

TexanFan881
12-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Let me just put it this way...we won the game because we didn't put the ball in Carr's hands. I guess you can say Carr is good because he completed the hand offs to Ron Dayne.

jerek
12-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Absolutely not. Carr lead us to victory today.

:rolleyes: Not really, but hey, when we lose, it's on him, so the W might as well be too.

jaayteetx
12-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Vote Schaub, 07!

Tulip
12-03-2006, 07:31 PM
What constitutes "decent numbers" has proven fairly subjective. Completion percentage gets praised even when it's not supported by passing yards or, more importantly, touchdowns.

TexansLucky13
12-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Absolutely not. Carr lead us to victory today.

:rolleyes: Not really, but hey, when we lose, it's on him, so the W might as well be too.

Agreed.

edo783
12-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Yup, if your going to soley blame the QB for losses, then he get the win credit. Dumb on both sides, but ya can't have it both ways. Either he does or he doesn't.

Double Barrel
12-03-2006, 07:38 PM
We won in spite of a pathetic passing offense today. Key word being pathetic with -5 yards for the game.

The only stat that really matters at the end of the day is scoreboard, so I'm happy with that. But I think this team is at a crossroads this off-season, because I see the same big problems that we have had for the last five years.

eriadoc
12-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Regardless of Carr's stats or actual play, he won today, according to some of the anti-Carr folks around here. so I'll expect to see threads by wonger and others congratulating Carr for a win.

the wonger need food
12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Carr tried to lose it but the defense wouldn't let him. I am really starting like our defense.

sleepwalker
12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
It took a lot of balls from Kubiak to NOT let Carr drop back and turn the ball over to lose yet another game...Our line played absolutely terrible in terms of pass protection, maybe it wasnt such a hard call.

Mr. White
12-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Carr tried to lose it but the defense wouldn't let him. I am really starting like our defense.

This is a damn good defense. They're just not good enough to play the 58 minutes per game that is required of them.

Specnatz
12-03-2006, 07:42 PM

I guess vy throwing two int, so he tried to lose that game as well?

the wonger need food
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
I guess vy throwing two int, so he tried to lose that game as well?

No, VY made plays for his team today, that's why they won.

run-david-run
12-03-2006, 07:48 PM
3 passing attempts in the second half..i dont think DC had much impact on this game

Specnatz
12-03-2006, 07:49 PM

Yeah and the defense and the 60 yard field goal has nothing to do with it, it is all on vy.

Great post, wins for vy fan of the year.

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Carr had a horrible passing and blocking day there is no excuse for this when you are the QB and start at all 5 o line positions. Ephraim CARR, chester CARR, drew CARR fred CARR and eric CARR can do a better job totally!! unacceptable!!!!

LOL, Im just saying when does he have a bad game with the Carr haters? Last week, it was Hellfire and Brimstone, and this week I am saying its Hellfire and Brimstone!

I know the O-line played HORRIBLE, but I am trying to guage the Carr haters.

jerek
12-03-2006, 07:51 PM

Our D stepped up big but to put it in perspective it was the Raiders. Still they dominated an inferior offense and that is all you can really ask for. A big kudos to our D and to Kris Brown.

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 08:09 PM
The D played well against a bad offensive team, a team worse than us lol

QB75
12-03-2006, 08:14 PM

He has horrible stats for this game but we won, so who cares right?

There are just people who live to whine about regardless of the outcome.

TexanFanInCC
12-03-2006, 08:19 PM
We won in spite of a pathetic passing offense today. Key word being pathetic with -5 yards for the game.

The only stat that really matters at the end of the day is scoreboard, so I'm happy with that. But I think this team is at a crossroads this off-season, because I see the same big problems that we have had for the last five years.

i haveta agree. the offensive line couldnt have been THAT BAD to where throwing for negative yds is excusable for carr. he is the one that has to stay in the pocket and make the reads, and making his little 1 read, then dumpoff just isnt going to get it done. its all mental with carr. in past seasons, using a 1 read system kept him alive, but there should be no need for that. carr is a 5th yr QB. the o-line cant possibly be that bad right?

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 08:22 PM
There are just people who live to whine about regardless of the outcome.

Yeah I thought so. They cant say anything (Carr haters) because they wanted him dead after last week, yet this week, he was not that great. Now a few posters have come in here and made some nice points, but you dont see the Carr haters.

Honoring Earl 34
12-03-2006, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=eriadoc;519981]Regardless of Carr's stats or actual play, he won today, according to some of the anti-Carr folks around here. so I'll expect to see threads by wonger and others congratulating Carr for a win.[/QUOTE

An ugly win is better than a pretty loss . I'd save my Carr's great ammo for this time next Sunday ... he'll need it . The Raiders won't be there to save him .

Maddict5
12-03-2006, 08:37 PM
ive been pro-carr all along...and the protection was horrible today- BUT carr was still horrific- the fumbles i dont even mind so much but the dump-offs were extremely annoying-1 attempted deep shot to moulds in the 1st q and thats it-not even an intermediate route...we could use van pelt if we're going to do that..and he wont cost a fraction of what carr makes....

i think the play that made me decide carr was never going the make it was maybe his 2nd fumble?.. he made his read-nothing there..so he slid right a bit..then after about 3 seconds(got good protection for a change)..he got all antsy for no reason

i honestly dont think we'll go anywhere with carr at qb- unless kubiak tells him to take more shots deep or gets better protection

QB75
12-03-2006, 08:50 PM
VY haters are out of their mind, VY is 1000000000 times better than any Aggie to ever play football and he is 10000000000000000000000000000 times better than David Carr.

He's adequate so far. Last week the lack of a ref's whistle rescued him, this week a kicker.

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 09:17 PM
It would have been nice to have VY since our O-line stinks. He can at least run better than Carr.

eriadoc
12-03-2006, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=eriadoc;519981]Regardless of Carr's stats or actual play, he won today, according to some of the anti-Carr folks around here. so I'll expect to see threads by wonger and others congratulating Carr for a win.[/QUOTE

An ugly win is better than a pretty loss . I'd save my Carr's great ammo for this time next Sunday ... he'll need it . The Raiders won't be there to save him .

LOL, you misinterpreted my post. I am not equipped with any "Carr's great" ammo. I just want some of the hypocrisy on this board done away with. It's a bit much to ask, I know. For the record, yes I agree Carr's day was terrible.

Texan1
12-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Carr's not looking good lately. A fear he may be on the ropes with Kubiak. Carr may not be long for the Texans...

QB75
12-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Carr's not looking good lately. A fear he may be on the ropes with Kubiak. Carr may not be long for the Texans...

I'm happy to say that I think he's here for the rest of contract. He's not "on the ropes" with anyone.

thunderkyss
12-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Carr had a horrible passing and blocking day there is no excuse for this when you are the QB and start at all 5 o line positions. Ephraim CARR, chester CARR, drew CARR fred CARR and eric CARR can do a better job totally!! unacceptable!!!!

How many sacks did Oakland give up?? How many times did Aaron Brooks fumble?? how many yards did Aaron Brooks have?? how many completions??

Are we to believe that Aaron Brooks is better than David Carr??

we had the better running game. We've got better recievers, we've got better tightends...... we obviously had the better defense.... but Brooks had the better stats??

I know stats can't tell much, but if you watched the game, which one looked more like a QB??

All your excuses can be used for Aaron Brooks, but he still performed better than David. :brickwall

Napa Auto Parts
12-03-2006, 10:59 PM
im really proud of our team we won despite of carr trying to give awaythe game with all the fumbles thank god the raiders kickers missed every field goal he tried or carr would of been succesfull at costing us the game.:twocents:

texflex513
12-03-2006, 11:06 PM
LOL, Im just saying when does he have a bad game with the Carr haters? Last week, it was Hellfire and Brimstone, and this week I am saying its Hellfire and Brimstone!

I know the O-line played HORRIBLE, but I am trying to guage the Carr haters.
im with you... my point was carr cant do it all the oline failed to do there job which in turned carr is blamed.

texflex513
12-03-2006, 11:10 PM
How many sacks did Oakland give up?? How many times did Aaron Brooks fumble?? how many yards did Aaron Brooks have?? how many completions??

we had the better running game. We've got better recievers, we've got better tightends...... we obviously had the better defense.... but Brooks had the better stats??

I know stats can't tell much, but if you watched the game, which one looked more like a QB??

All your excuses can be used for Aaron Brooks, but he still performed better than David. :brickwall Ok with that being said we won...brooks played better but carr and the texans won... frustrating yes..next week will be better. Oh yea WE WON!!!!:brickwall

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 11:35 PM
I think when Carr gets traded and WINS with that team, we are going to see all the Carr haters going:

"UGHHHH, WHY DID THEY TRADE HIM!!!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING, I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!"

Honoring Earl 34
12-03-2006, 11:40 PM
:pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly: I think when Carr gets traded and WINS with that team, we are going to see all the Carr haters going:

"UGHHHH, WHY DID THEY TRADE HIM!!!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING, I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!"

thunderkyss
12-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Ok with that being said we won...brooks played better but carr and the texans won... frustrating yes..next week will be better. Oh yea WE WON!!!!:brickwall

Next week, we'll be at home, and we won't be the favorites against a rookie QB.

Honoring Earl 34
12-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Its a rookie who has his teams confidence ... why he has proven himself .

eriadoc
12-03-2006, 11:55 PM
carr did not win the game for the TEXANS!!

LOL, I know this and I have known it for some time. I also know that when we lose, it's not always Carr's fault. The anti-Carr folks here would have us all believe that every loss is on Carr's shoulders, no matter what. Every win is not a credit to the QB and every loss is not a blame for the QB. It's a team game.

Never mind, I quit this thread. Carry on.

dirty steve
12-03-2006, 11:55 PM
so the Titans defense had nothing to do with those comebacks? you have to stop the other team to score points yourself. remember, it was a pacman jones INT that set up that game winning field goal.

dirty steve
12-03-2006, 11:56 PM
LOL, I know this and I have known it for some time. I also know that when we lose, it's not always Carr's fault. The anti-Carr folks here would have us all believe that every loss is on Carr's shoulders, no matter what. Every win is not a credit to the QB and every loss is not a blame for the QB. It's a team game.

Never mind, I quit this thread. Carry on.

so how many Texans decision-makers work for the radio station?

eriadoc
12-03-2006, 11:58 PM
so how many Texans decision-makers work for the radio station?

Thankfully, as many as this board can boast.

Maddict5
12-03-2006, 11:59 PM
make lame excuses/rhetoric for him if you want but carr as well as the o-line was beyond terrible today.. like i said elsewhere its his inability to look down the field and take shots in the occasions where he actually has time to that make me think we need a change...the fumbles dont help either

if i remember right thats what people were also complaining about when he had 'good stats'... whens he going to do it?

Honoring Earl 34
12-04-2006, 12:04 AM
If the Texans get a new QB , it renews hope . Right now I can't wait for the defense to get back on the field ... its fun watching the Mario , Demeco , and the gang . The good news is it usually does'nt take long .

whiskeyrbl
12-04-2006, 12:12 AM

All your excuses can be used for Aaron Brooks, but he still performed better than David. :brickwall

Yeah but David was going against the #1 Pass defense in the nfl. I am not making excuses for Carr, I feel this was his worst day as a pro. But as far as the Oline, they were terrible most of the day on pass protection. Winston probably has wind burn on his face from the DE on his side running by him so quick all day. The blame is squarely on the OFFENSE as a whole.

mean mark8
12-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Kubiak couldn't pull Carr this game like he did last time after the 3 fumbles so he did the next best thing: only allow him to have 3 attempts in the entire second half.

IMO, Kubiak lost confidence in Carr today. He wasn't chewing out the O-line everytime they came off the field. It will be interesting to see what happens this week. I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't hunting for a free agent QB. Van Pelt looked horrible in practice so he wasn't even an option. I believe Carr is going to go the way of Tim Couch. Can everybody say Tim who???

HJam72
12-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Carr did an excellent job of LEADING Ron Dayne, Jerome Mathis, and Demeco Ryans to a victory. His stats suck, but JUST LIKE WE'VE BEEN SAYING FOR FREAKING EVER, stats don't matter and any win is all on the QB, just like any loss. We blame him when everybody on the team screws up or a game ends early because of a world-wide catastrophe. He might as well get ALL the credit for this incredible win. :bananasplit:

I'm sure Young will get ALL the credit too, despite his RB winning that game for him and him throwing two picks. Whatever.

I don't care if Carr leaves, but I'm gonna laugh when he goes somewhere else and looks like Tom Brady with more speed.

Double Barrel
12-04-2006, 01:49 AM

And Carr's team won in spite of his -5 yard passing performance. Crazy stuff, 'eh?

IMO, Kubiak lost confidence in Carr today. He wasn't chewing out the O-line everytime they came off the field.

This is a really good point. Kubiak was directing his attention at one person during these moments of reflection.

I don't care if Carr leaves, but I'm gonna laugh when he goes somewhere else and looks like Tom Brady with more speed.

Tom Brady would have completed a 3rd and 2 pass against the Bills to seal the deal and win the game. Carr is not clutch, and he won't be in that company of QBs. Better for you to say that you're gonna laugh when he goes somewhere else and looks like Trent Dilfer with more speed. :shades:

Napa Auto Parts
12-04-2006, 01:54 AM
when he goes somewhere else and looks like Trent Dilfer with more speed. :shades:

Trent Dilfer you give him that much credit i was thinking more along the lines of ryan leaf:spy:

Hookem Horns
12-04-2006, 02:14 AM
There's a big difference between winning despite your QB and having a QB that wins ugly for you. By winning ugly I mean not having great numbers, but making the right plays at the right time to put your team in a position to win. Having most of the points scored by the defense and special teams IS NOT having your QB win ugly for you. The Texans won today despite Carr. Bucky Richardson would have won that game today for the Texans.

Vinny
12-04-2006, 02:23 AM
Or Gifford Neilson