PDA

View Full Version : Time for change.

Scott D
12-03-2006, 05:16 PM
It's time to replace about 50% of the Texans offensive line. They're going nowhere but backwards. Let's start with the QB then the people who can't block next.

The Raiders are showing themselves as a respectable team.

Mr. White
12-03-2006, 05:18 PM

We make a lot of bad teams look respectable.

Ole Miss Texan
12-03-2006, 05:23 PM
We need to start with our O-line, then RB, then QB on the offense side. imo.

Scott D
12-03-2006, 05:23 PM
We make a lot of bad teams look respectable.

True.

TheOgre
12-03-2006, 06:18 PM
We better use a high (1st or 2nd) on the O-line.

gwallaia
12-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Yep, hopefully there will be some good offensive limemen coming out this season.

texan767
12-03-2006, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=Scott D;519317]Let's start with the QB then the people who can't block next.

If you had a mad scientist somehow take all the great QBs in NFL history & condense them down into one super QB, he would still suck with this team.

hot pickle
12-03-2006, 06:42 PM
we need to lock some good o-line men on some long term deals.

thinkin

eric steinbach
Todd Weiner (guy from atl, i think thats his name)

sleepwalker
12-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Injuries have killed this line....I would love to get rid of them all, but where do we get them??? Are you saying draft another 3 or 4 OL rookies in the draft?

Get rid of Carr and get who? I'm assuming you mean draft another QB too.

I am frustrated too, Winston was abused terribly today and Flannagan is out now...There isnt much hope for this OL the rest of the season which will have a direct impact on Carr's performance.

TexanBacker93
12-03-2006, 07:04 PM
It's time to replace about 50% of the Texans offensive line. They're going nowhere but backwards. Let's start with the QB then the people who can't block next.

Considering 3 of the opening day starters are hurt they have replaced 60%. I still think this is an area of need, but it isn't like they had their best players out there.

Cruuuuuuuz
12-03-2006, 07:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!
Man i just laff....we are horrible offensively (at this point in the season because of injuries)...and yet we have doubled our win total from last season! I am very psyched about this football team! Our defense has really come on!
So now we are at a point where we can go for 6 wins or we can start throwing games for a better pick (like we did last season)...whata you guys think?

TSgt.Texan
12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
The GOOD 50% is on IR or injured.

Hervoyel
12-03-2006, 07:32 PM
We better use a high (1st or 2nd) on the O-line.

I disagree on this. I believe this is more like the secondary where throwing another rookie into the pile isn't going to solve anything. We need veterans who are known quantities. We need veterans who can play and aren't on their last legs ( ala Weigert & Flanagan).

This team has no foundation.

edo783
12-03-2006, 11:45 PM
This team has no foundation.

And it hasn't right from day one. We are now modestly solid on the defensive line, both from a starter and depth stand point, but the O-line is an abobination. The starter group is not even NFL average quality as a group and then start knocking them out with injuries and inserting guys that wouldn't even make other teams much less play, and that spells disaster, just like we watched today in Oakland.