PDA

View Full Version : Bush Nearly Benched?

cuppacoffee
12-01-2006, 07:49 PM
"It's a story that has stayed under the radar despite the high profile of its subject. Jim Henderson of WWL-TV in New Orleans recently reported that Saints running back Reggie Bush, known in the Bayou as "Jesus in Cleats," would have been deactivated for last Sunday's game against the Falcons, if running back Aaron Stecker had been healthy.

Per the report, Bush got on the wrong side of coach Sean Payton by missing a team meeting.

It's easy for Payton to take the position that he would have punished Bush in this way if the guy who would have taken his place hadn't been injured. Would the rookie coach have really benched his prized rookie in a key NFC South game in late November? We don't think so.

Even more amazing to us is the fact that no one has picked this up. It's not in any newspaper reports, and we can't even find it on the station's web site. In fact, we initially brushed off the e-mail we received about it, but then our friend John Marie of Biz Radio 990 in New Orleans advised us that WWL had indeed reported the story.

Maybe the national media just missed this one. Or maybe the press outside of Louisiana has gotten over its crush on Bush. He hasn't performed like the reincarnation of Gale Sayers (if, you know, Sayers were actually dead), with a rushing average of 3.0 yards per attempt and only one touchdown from scrimmage through 11 NFL games."

From everyones favorite rumor site..:spy: .

What? No mention on bspn sportscenter? :stooges:

Link to the article.
(http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

:coffee:

hot pickle
12-01-2006, 08:03 PM
i had a feelin at after the draft that bush would turn into a terrell owens/keyshawn johnson type player, he didnt really want to be in NO and he was askin for so much money, and turned down a hell of a deal with the texans, just to try to bait the texans into giving him more, glad we didnt

but dont get me wrong i still like the guy, and it would be interesting seeing him in a texans uni, but mario is our guy

TNTitan
12-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Glad you have Mario then? LOL

TexanSam
12-01-2006, 09:54 PM

Actually, yes.

WiiBrawler
12-01-2006, 10:01 PM

Remember he sacked vince young, not something many people can do:rolleyes:

PapaL
12-01-2006, 10:27 PM
How do you bench a player that is already on the bench? You bench a starter and not play bench players.

Saints Depth Chart (http://www.neworleanssaints.com/depthchart.cfm)

LORK 88
12-01-2006, 10:30 PM
How do you bench a player that is already on the bench? You bench a starter and not play bench players.

Saints Depth Chart (http://www.neworleanssaints.com/depthchart.cfm)
He almost got deactivated, which is pretty much like benching a starter. Bush gets 20 touches a game, he's pretty much a starter anyways.

bah007
12-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Bush is the new posterboy for the NFL whether we want him to be or not.

I have always thought that he had an attitude problem like that of Owens or Keyshawn. The only difference is that Owens & Johnson are always trying to win and they get mad when they dont. To me, it seems that Bush has his fits on the sideline only when he isnt getting the ball.

It's no surprise that ESPN will talk about T.O. missing a meeting for a month but they wont even foot-note Bush doing the same thing.