PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically speaking: What IF we traded Carr? Who'd want him, what'd we get?

GP
12-01-2006, 03:58 PM
With his completion % up, his interceptions down, and his rating up, it's not too far off base to think about trading a guy when his stock is high.

Lots of teams' management personnel surely see that the faults of the Texans are not around a singular player (Carr).

What would we get for him? What would we get? Who would fill the QB spot?

I'm gonna' shock a lot of you: Van Pelt cold fill the spot and we could use Carr's trade for other glarig needs.

That's right, Van Pelt lit us up two years ago in preseason and it left me thinking that this guy is a raw talent that's been skipped over due to him being on a team that had Plummer and then the big QB recruit named Cutler.

Kubiak needs a guy who knows the system. Van Pelt does.

He needs a guy who is tough. I think Van Pelt is tough.

He needs a guy who can cherish the role of being far removed from the being the focal point of the team's history of losing. Face it, David is forever linked to this team in terms of failure because of Capers et al. Wasted talent, pure and simple.

He needs a guy who is mobile. From what I remember, Van Pelt is mobile.

And now we've signed him due to Sage's injury.

Could this be a sign from the gods? Our number 2 guy (a guy who has been a journeyman QB forever) goes down with a freak injury on a freak assignment, and now we have a guy who was cast away by the Broncos...a team who's former coordinator now runs the Texans and needs guys who know "the system."

Excuse me from putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5...but this has the potential to be one of those Drew Bledsoe-Tom Brady situations where an unsung hero comes forth and changes a team's destiny.

Far fetched? Yes. But look at all that's happened: Carr's stats make him very tradeable right now, Sage is out, and now Van Pelt is here. A trade of Carr can help us on draft day or in free agency, or even both with the way teams' QBs are getting injured these days.

There's a whole slew of teams that would bite on a Carr trade.

I like the guy. I've defended him to the hilt.

Just saying "Hypothetically speaking," what would happen? Who would bite the bait, why would they bite the bait, and what would we get in return?

dtran04
12-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Well with the way we people here judge him, we'd be lucky for a bag of chips.

Meloy
12-01-2006, 04:03 PM
With his completion % up, his interceptions down, and his rating up, it's not too far off base to think about trading a guy when his stock is high.

Lots of teams' management personnel surely see that the faults of the Texans are not around a singular player (Carr).

What would we get for him? What would we get? Who would fill the QB spot?

I'm gonna' shock a lot of you: Van Pelt cold fill the spot and we could use Carr's trade for other glarig needs.

That's right, Van Pelt lit us up two years ago in preseason and it left me thinking that this guy is a raw talent that's been skipped over due to him being on a team that had Plummer and then the big QB recruit named Cutler.

Kubiak needs a guy who knows the system. Van Pelt does.

He needs a guy who is tough. I think Van Pelt is tough.

He needs a guy who can cherish the role of being far removed from the being the focal point of the team's history of losing. Face it, David is forever linked to this team in terms of failure because of Capers et al. Wasted talent, pure and simple.

He needs a guy who is mobile. From what I remember, Van Pelt is mobile.

And now we've signed him due to Sage's injury.

Could this be a sign from the gods? Our number 2 guy (a guy who has been a journeyman QB forever) goes down with a freak injury on a freak assignment, and now we have a guy who was cast away by the Broncos...a team who's former coordinator now runs the Texans and needs guys who know "the system."

Excuse me from putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5...but this has the potential to be one of those Drew Bledsoe-Tom Brady situations where an unsung hero comes forth and changes a team's destiny.

Far fetched? Yes. But look at all that's happened: Carr's stats make him very tradeable right now, Sage is out, and now Van Pelt is here. A trade of Carr can help us on draft day or in free agency, or even both with the way teams' QBs are getting injured these days.

There's a whole slew of teams that would bite on a Carr trade.

I like the guy. I've defended him to the hilt.

Just saying "Hypothetically speaking," what would happen? Who would bite the bait, why would they bite the bait, and what would we get in return?If Van Pelt is the guy, why did they go with Sage? If we traded DC, we have no guarantee to get Quinn and I do not think I want to go through another year developing a QB.I still sat Dave's the guy at least one more year.

Mr. White
12-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Whatever team Charley Casserly gets a job with would take him.....

Seriously, I think if we were to trade Carr, then he's right up Al Davis' alley. Al Davis prides himself on being successful with other castoffs from other teams.

Al Davis doesn't draft QB's anymore, so he's always looking for another Rich Gannon. Carr's a California guy...so there's another reason.

I think we'd probably get a 3rd rounder in return. Maybe a 2nd if he finishes the season strong.

kingh99
12-01-2006, 04:10 PM
If Van Pelt is the guy, why did they go with Sage? If we traded DC, we have no guarantee to get Quinn and I do not think I want to go through another year developing a QB.I still sat Dave's the guy at least one more year.

Van Pelt is not the guy. It's bad okay but let's not go whacky here. Sage Rosenfelds was really good when he got the chance. Sucks that he busted his hand but par for this snakebit team's course. And yeah this would be a good time to trade Carr. And I would. And take Plummer to play until the next guy is ready. Wish that guy was Chad Henne but he would never fit Kubes control roll system (which makes me gag). What would it take to get to watch a guy like Carson Palmer or Troy Aikman or Warren Moon ply his trade? Someone who steps up in the pocket and shreds. Actually I got to watch Moon a few times.

mexican_texan
12-01-2006, 04:21 PM
I would rejoice. As for Oakland, I can see them trading Randy Moss and draft picks for Mike Vick. Kansas City, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Cleveland, Green Bay, and/or Detroit may be looking for a new QB in the near future. Before you ask, I say Kansas City because Trent Green isn't young and Damon Huard is already in his 30s.

GP
12-01-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm a "team" guy, and I think what's best is that we test the waters and see who'd bite the bait.

And with starting QBs going down like $1 double cheeseburgers at McDonald's...you gotta' know that we could get a potential 1st or 2nd rounder for Carr right now.

Maybe a 2nd rounder AND a current player that we could use?

El Tejano
12-01-2006, 04:28 PM
So they trade Carr and get nobody we wanted. That's what they would do. Van Pelt isn't very accurate. He can run but he isn't very accurate.

I say lets play out the rest of the season and give Van Pelt a chance to start next season.

Hookem Horns
12-01-2006, 04:32 PM
What about his overblown salary? Who wants to take that for a guy that hasn't proven anything but failure?

Mr. White
12-01-2006, 04:37 PM
What about his overblown salary? Who wants to take that for a guy that hasn't proven anything but failure?

The salary would probably be hard to move.

I think Carr is perceived better nationally than he is among Texans fans. It seems like NFL minds (in the media) think that he's got all the physical tools and good stats. The only problem they think he has is the team that he plays for.

Grid
12-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Hypothetically.. and id disagree with it.. if we were going to trade him, this would be the year to do it. Even though our record is bad, his stats are good, and he has looked very promising.

Dime
12-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Carr has seemed better this year. I think he can pull a second. Max. He has one year on his contract and that would give a team a really good look based on a new team and his role.

Plus.. he is putting up good numbers.

wwffan99tx
12-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Wasn't the trade deadline October 17th?

bah007
12-01-2006, 06:37 PM
So we need a guy who is tough and mobile?

Van Pelt is tough? I would bet Carr is togher.

Van Pelt can move? I would bet Carr is more mobile.

Other than that...

Van Pelt has had a history of inaccuracy dating back to his days at Colorado St. Carr has always been a pretty accurate passer.

If you were another team who would you rather have? If we released Carr & Van Pelt at the same time who do you think would get picked up first?

I know who would. Carr would. That means he's better doesnt it? If it doesnt then tell me how.

Dime
12-01-2006, 07:07 PM

Other than that...

Van Pelt has had a history of inaccuracy dating back to his days at Colorado St. Carr has always been a pretty accurate passer.

If you were another team who would you rather have? If we released Carr & Van Pelt at the same time who do you think would get picked up first?

I know who would. Carr would. That means he's better doesnt it? If it doesnt then tell me how.

I believe the point here is that he has trade value. Personally, I dont see Van Pelt starting for the Texans, but i do see the possibility of us taking a new qb in the draft this upcoming year. Even with Carr getting better this year, he has a hard long road to come against to prove himself a worthly and successful future starter here. He has earned shown more this year, then other of the past years. He needs to have a rally to insure he is a starter next year.

GP
12-01-2006, 07:42 PM
That's the whole point: Unload a player when his perceived value is high.

His value to us is fairly low. As another poster said; however, the NATIONAL perception right now is that the Texans as a team are a lot worse than Carr is as a QB. I would agree.

This is where we have to think outside our little Texans.com message board box.

Jeff Garcia (And there's speculation McNabb might not be the same again) is not as enticing as David Carr is, is he?

Frye in Cleveland is not as enticing as Carr is, is he?

And that's just TWO teams that would potentially seek an upgrade at QB. You might not think that Carr is an upgrade, but look at other teams' situations. Big Ben doesn't look anything like a Super Bowl champ does he? That's a team whose fans are ACTIVELY calling for Batch to start--CHARLIE BATCH! The league has had a lot of injured starting QBs this season.

Face it, teams seem to think that certain players (players on a bad team) would flourish in their system, away from the "bad" team. They think they can rescue and rehabilitate a player.

A good example of this is Joey Harrington.

The Dolphins threw him a bone when they thought Culpepper would be their starter. They got Joey from the local pound where they found him wimpering in the corner of his cage...and now, I think it looks like Harrington was one of the best moves the Dolphins have made in awhile--A player in need of a fresh start.

This is a business. I personally like Carr. I have openly rooted for him, and have defended him at the expense of being called a moron and other choice words.

But RIGHT NOW is when we ought to put out "feelers" for Carr. Then, by the time the gates open again in the offseason, we can potentially have a few offers from some teams.

If we could get an extra second round pick and even a current player with a high salary that would neutralize Carr's salary (even if it helped only a little bit) then I would say now is the time to pull the trigger.

I had McNabb on my fantasy team...so many times I started to offer him in a trade for a stronger starting running back to bolster my run game. I wish I had done it. I almost did the same thing with Marques Colston. Wished I had done it. I should have trusted my gut. I'd have better RBs right now than what I have--I have LT, but then a huge drop-off after that, and it's killing my games each week.

What if Carr gets injured? Then, the gig is up. No trade value.

Value is perceived to be the highest it's ever been for Carr.

This is a sound BUSINESS decision if you ask me.

sleepwalker
12-02-2006, 03:59 AM
A happy meal from mc donalds..........maybe.

Van Pelt reminds me of that guy in the American Wedding movie...I forgot his name.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
12-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Anybody else out there think it's a year to early to think about this? Here's my thinking, we saw some inprovement in DC this year fewer sacks and fewer INTS. the fumbling thing I still can't figure out. But one year with coach K seemed to do DC some good.

O.K. Here Goes:
First round in the draft take B. Quinn (future QB) and this TELLS DC he is replaceable on this team he has a year. I say light a fire under DC. This will let him know HIS butt it on the chopping. The up side is we have a QB for the Future and a year to teach him the sys.

Sec. round Def. player S,LB,CB, or DT(best player avib.)

Third and Forth rounds O-line men Might not be much left but it the draft and you never know what your going to find. Need LT,and Center

Fifth round Traded to the bills for Moulds no pick.

Sixth Round Its late in the second day look for a RB Coach K has had success in the past see if he can work his magic again. If not find a place kicker and get rid of Brown.

Seventh Round Not much left Best player left on the board look for Def. and O-lineman.

Just my take on things alot of this could change with who we pick up in free agency. Just dont really know if it time to drop DC YET. I've been a DC fan since he was drafted and I still like him. But after this year even I have started to Question his Leadership abilitys. With my draft senerio we give DC one more year inprove the O-line AGAIN and help the Def. And if DC does'nt work out Quinn is there to fill the QB position.

JMHO gotta go to work I'm Out. Go Texans

mexican_texan
12-02-2006, 08:59 AM
A happy meal from mc donalds..........maybe.

Van Pelt reminds me of that guy in the American Wedding movie...I forgot his name.
Thanks, you just gave me a new avatar. It's Stiffler :cool:

Marcus
12-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Whoever it would be that we traded him to, or if we let him go, and he signed with someone else . . .

. . . he would come back and haunt us, like Harrington did to Detroit.

brewhaus
12-02-2006, 09:59 AM
ESPN radio had a phone board yesterday about trading Carr to the Falcons for Vick. A guy called in from Atlanta and said the fans there would like to see DC become a Falcon as they are growing tired of Vick "not really maiking it" in Atlanta. This particular caller also said if M Vick had the Texan receivers to throw to his passing stats would be "off the charts" this season.

I don't know that I would be wild about having Vick on the Texan's team or not but it would surely be a change over what they are putting on the field now.

Wolf
12-02-2006, 10:07 AM
ESPN radio had a phone board yesterday about trading Carr to the Falcons for Vick. A guy called in from Atlanta and said the fans there would like to see DC become a Falcon as they are growing tired of Vick "not really maiking it" in Atlanta. This particular caller also said if M Vick had the Texan receivers to throw to his passing stats would be "off the charts" this season.

I don't know that I would be wild about having Vick on the Texan's team or not but it would surely be a change over what they are putting on the field now.

reading the falcons message board is almost a mirror when seeing the viewpoints of the QB's

edo783
12-02-2006, 10:36 AM

Do you really think Ron Mexico is a McNair and Kubiak kind of guy? Not me.

DRAMA
12-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Vick sucks. I know - I know..."Well, he doesn't suck!"

Yeah, he sucks. He sucks across the board actually - person to player. I understand he throws a pretty spiral - so? I understand he can run - so? He can't run in the 2nd half when people decide to stop him from running. He takes bad sacks, he's not accurate, he small, he's dumb, he's NEVER read defenses...EVER, and he's an ***** away from the field. Yes, we know Michael, you had one good game and now 'everyone can see what I can do so maybe they can lay off it now."

Overall, IMHO, Michael Vick is not just a below average QB. IMHO, I think he's a BAD QB. He does nothing other than run really and NFL defenses will let you have it and then take it away when they want. They should start that backup - period.

Other than that...I like the guy. :tearup:

brewhaus
12-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Do you really think Ron Mexico is a McNair and Kubiak kind of guy? Not me.

No, I think Ron probably packs a little more bagage than Kubiak wants to deal with. I would like to say however that I am impressed by his recent contributions to those less fortunate than him. I think he could go the extra yard and donate a portion of the profits from his clothing line too, but that probably ain't happening.

http://ronmexico.com/

:whip:

Erratic Assassin
12-02-2006, 11:21 AM
the NATIONAL perception right now is that the Texans as a team are a lot worse than Carr is as a QB.

The national perception is right. Carr has been on been on nothing but horrible teams for 5 straight years. We still don't know what Carr would do on a decent team because we've never seen him play for a decent team. Like it or not, it may be several years before he gets to play for a decent team (unless we trade him to one).

To paraphrase Kubiak on the radio last week: We had a good draft this year, getting 5 or 6 good players. Kubiak said we need 4 or 5 MORE draft classes like that in order to be "competitive" in this league.

Read between the lines. That means our coach believes that we are between 20-30 players short of a being a competitive team. Can't wait until that 2011 season!

Thank you Charley Casserly for crippling this franchise with your idiotic picks and trades. David will be in his 10th season by the time he gets a decent team around him if he isn't in a wheelchair by then.

AndreRulz
12-02-2006, 11:45 AM
The national perception is right. Carr has been on been on nothing but horrible teams for 5 straight years. We still don't know what Carr would do on a decent team because we've never seen him play for a decent team. Like it or not, it may be several years before he gets to play for a decent team (unless we trade him to one).

To paraphrase Kubiak on the radio last week: We had a good draft this year, getting 5 or 6 good players. Kubiak said we need 4 or 5 MORE draft classes like that in order to be "competitive" in this league.

Read between the lines. That means our coach believes that we are between 20-30 players short of a being a competitive team. Can't wait until that 2011 season!

Thank you Charley Casserly for crippling this franchise with your idiotic picks and trades. David will be in his 10th season by the time he gets a decent team around him if he isn't in a wheelchair by then.

wow 2011, holy crap thats a long time thats when the texans will take me in the first round and carr would be gone by then he is not brett favre or dan marino.

Buckle
12-02-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't think Kubiak means that they won't be competitive till 4 to 5 years away, just that after 4 or 5 years of good drafts they be a very complete football team with capable backups behind the starters in every position. If you look at where Kubiak comes from with Mike Shanahan and the Denver Broncos they have quality starters at every position and have capable backups behind them that if need be can step up to the plate and play some football for them. I believe that we will be successful maybe as early as next season, especially after the players will have an entire season and another off season to know the play book, which remember is in its 1st year on both offense and defense, but it is also going to depend on what we do in both FA and the draft this off season. But yes to have a team as complete as the Denver Broncos who could win the Super Bowl any year and are usually deep in the playoffs every year, I agree with Kubiak that we are about 4-5 drafts/years away from this. I think Kubiak's definition of a "competitive football team" is a top 1-4 ranked team in the conference/league year in and year out, that doesn't mean that we won't make the playoffs before that, just that they won't be up to Denver's status until that long.

kingh99
12-02-2006, 01:01 PM

Other than that...

I want them to try first and foremost and not quit on Kubiak. As far as making anyone untouchable, no way. We trade anybody on this team for the right deal.

Carr will not materially affect this team's won loss record for the next few years whether he stays or goes. Either they build a great defense like the Ravens or Carolina and have him play the way he does today for close wins, or they don't and he plays the way he does today and they lose. Either way, his mediocrity is the one constant.

Lucky
12-02-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm a "team" guy, and I think what's best is that we test the waters and see who'd bite the bait.
The problem is that once you "test the waters", you deal Carr in buyer's market, rather than a seller's. Because Carr and his agent will immediately know that he's being shopped and there is no way the Texans could bring him back. The Vikings found that out when they tried to deal Culpepper this spring. So ,you can forget about getting the moon & the stars. A salary cap albatross is what will likely be offered.

GP
12-02-2006, 01:19 PM
The problem is that once you "test the waters", you deal Carr in buyer's market, rather than a seller's. Because Carr and his agent will immediately know that he's being shopped and there is no way the Texans could bring him back. The Vikings found that out when they tried to deal Culpepper this spring. So ,you can forget about getting the moon & the stars. A salary cap albatross is what will likely be offered.

You're right, but I think Mcnair is capable of handling this in a more professional manner the Vikings did.

Casual conversations among owners is not a death blow to a player's relationship with his team (if he finds out he's the topic of those talks).

Marcus said that he would haunt us like Harrington is doing to the Lions, and I am afraid that Marcus is right. However, I think David Carr sticking with the Texans will end his career along the same lines as Steve Deberg...a guy who is barely remembered but was a decent QB in his day.

Carr needs to move on for his own good and hopefully for the good of our team, even if the "good" is short term in nature (for us). Again, I like the guy a lot...but it's obvious that his level of impact for our team is fairly inconsistent and not enough to get the entire team over the hump week-to-week. He does it about every five games or so, but not week-to-week.

His value may never be any higher than it is right now.

Goldeagle
12-02-2006, 01:26 PM
I bet a few teams would give up a 2nd pick. With Casserly not around, we might even get a late 1st or a 2-5 instead of trading Carr for a 3rd and giving a 4th

TexansSeminole
12-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Anybody else out there think it's a year to early to think about this? Here's my thinking, we saw some inprovement in DC this year fewer sacks and fewer INTS.

No, it is not a year too early...where is the improvement in touchdowns. He has yet to improve in that category and I would say that it is the most important one. Not yards, or completion percentage, or QB rating...it's touchdowns, and Carr has trouble scoring them.

He has improved in not messing up as often, but not in making plays.

Lucky
12-02-2006, 01:30 PM
His value may never be any higher than it is right now.
Maybe. If a team calls, you have to listen. But, once you decide that a player has to be dealt, his value plummets.

With Leftwich, Plummer, and maybe even Vick on the market in '07, it will be difficult to obtain much in trade for a QB. I still think the best method of obtaining QBs is through the draft where they can develop in your system. Draft a QB to develop and let him sit behind Carr for a couple of years. When Carr's contract runs out after '08, they can franchise him and trade for a decent draft pick without salary cap ramifications.

TexansSeminole
12-02-2006, 01:31 PM

I would take that deal anyday...but I doubt the Falcons would.

TexansSeminole
12-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Carr has been on been on nothing but horrible teams for 5 straight years. We still don't know what Carr would do on a decent team because we've never seen him play for a decent team.

That may be true, but it isn't like when it comes time for DC to make a play, the team messes it up for him. He just hasn't been doing it for the last 5 years, period. Obviously a good team would help him make this play alot more, but you can't go so far to say that you can't judge him because the rest of the team hasn't been so great.

I think this is a popular excuse for David. People see that David was a #1 overall pick and that gives them hope for the player. "well if he was taken first overall...he has to be good". Nobody wants to be a fan of the team that drafted a #1 overall QB bust. Like Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf. It's embarassing, but eventually you have to realize it if it's true. Not saying that it is true about David, but you can't just never judge him and say the team was bad.

Double Barrel
12-02-2006, 01:44 PM
I think Carr will be a Texan next year. His salary is too big to move, and Kubiak, McNair & Co. are too proud to let him go, especially because his stats are up (the logic of putting a good team around him comes to mind).

I think they'll continue to build the team in the draft and FA, and make another attempt at winning more games than we lose next year. Letting him go at this juncture would be an admittance of failure by this organization, and it would signal 'back to square one' for Kubiak's regime. I don't see either happening, for better or for worse.

But I also think Kubiak's is starting to recognize Carr's weaknesses, and we won't see a big-game QB on this team with DC. We'll need a solid, dominant defense to seal the deal in close games (which will probably be most of them), and our special teams will need to be better than average. This is how you win playoff games with Trent Dilfer....errrrr.....David Carr.

TexansSeminole
12-02-2006, 01:49 PM
It's funny because I think most everybody will agree that it was a mistake to take David Carr #1 overall in our first year.

Now we are all, kind of, stuck with him because of his high salary and his contract extension. We can't just release him because of this, and because, well, he seems to be our best QB.

I really think it is about time to invest in another QB that we can start for the future....releasing David or not....we need to coach someone up.

Troy Smith anyone?

Hookem Horns
12-02-2006, 04:23 PM
His value to us is fairly low.

Wait a minute, weren't you always jumping on me anytime I had something negative to say about David Carr? Calling me out as a "hater", etc? I thought you loved this guy.

Honoring Earl 34
12-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Whoever it would be that we traded him to, or if we let him go, and he signed with someone else . . .

. . . he would come back and haunt us, like Harrington did to Detroit.

Do we play the dreaded cover 2 ? That to Carr is like a spider web to a moth .

Grid
12-02-2006, 05:05 PM
It's funny because I think most everybody will agree that it was a mistake to take David Carr #1 overall in our first year.

Now we are all, kind of, stuck with him because of his high salary and his contract extension. We can't just release him because of this, and because, well, he seems to be our best QB.

I really think it is about time to invest in another QB that we can start for the future....releasing David or not....we need to coach someone up.

Troy Smith anyone?

I wouldnt agree with that. I think Carr COULD have been one of the great QBs in the league... I think the mistake was the staff we chose to start off.. and thier ignoring the importance of building the Oline and Dline first.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
12-02-2006, 11:31 PM
No, it is not a year too early...where is the improvement in touchdowns. He has yet to improve in that category and I would say that it is the most important one. Not yards, or completion percentage, or QB rating...it's touchdowns, and Carr has trouble scoring them.

He has improved in not messing up as often, but not in making plays.

O.K. hold up a sec. Touchdowns? Our running back by commitee program has FOUR touchdowns TOTAL this season. DC has Two on his own. If your agruement is about scoring it's a TEAM problem not a DC problem.(well sort of)

Sure DC has his moments we all see them every week(Good and Bad). I'm trully not taking up for DC. If you look at my Draft all I'm saying is get him more help on the line and a RB that makes a DEF. play the run more. Let coach K's sys. take root with the team and see where DC takes us.

Other post on the MB indirectly support ME on this one with Coach K saying 4 to 5 more drafts are needed to have all the piece of the puzzle. He's saying we are 20 player short of have a solid football team. You think one player is responable for not having produce touchdowns? Give me a break!!!!!

TK_Gamer
12-03-2006, 08:08 AM
I think 20 players is a bit much, IMHO I think we are about 8 to 10 away from the playoffs but alot depends on players we have stepping up and performing not to mention staying healthy for at least most of a season. a HB, FB, 2 CB, FS, 1 LB, DT, C, G, T, K. that's 10 but a few of those positions we have potential players if they step up. the 3 o-lineman are a must as are the 2 CB, and FS, and 1 LB. even with david carr we would have a solid team with those additions. I think

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
12-03-2006, 08:41 AM
I think 20 players is a bit much, IMHO I think we are about 8 to 10 away from the playoffs but alot depends on players we have stepping up and performing not to mention staying healthy for at least most of a season. a HB, FB, 2 CB, FS, 1 LB, DT, C, G, T, K. that's 10 but a few of those positions we have potential players if they step up. the 3 o-lineman are a must as are the 2 CB, and FS, and 1 LB. even with david carr we would have a solid team with those additions. I think

TK I can agree with ten to twelve, the reason I said 20 was because of a post I read earlier that said in Coach's interview the # was like 20 to 30 players (4 to 5 years/ 5 to 6 starters per year = 20 to 30) IMO I dont think you get 5 starters a year in the draft, can't remember ANY team ever starting 5 rooks like we did this year. I think this realy shows how bad the last coaching staff realy was.

The main point to my first post was I think we should give DC and Coach K another year but be prepared if DC does'nt work out. Draft Quinn if hes still there and we have two posives. One a viable replacement for DC if he falls on his face again next year. Two trade bait to get multable players if DC works out we trade Quinn for needs and picks, if its DC on the table we take what ever we can cut our losses an carry on.

The other point of my post was the glaring needs at other positions on this team. Have we ever had a season with out playing musical O-lineman? NOOOOO. This has to be fixed before DC or anyone else for that matter can be succesful on our team. Quility backup will be needed if this or any team wants a SB ring, I added this because IMO thats why Coach K said 5 years I think he is thinking long term NOT instant gradification like some fan on the MB want. It's his FIRST year for gosh sakes we have to give the man time and IMO we have to look at THIS season as our first not our fifth in the league. I've ranted, all is good now. Goooooo Texaaaaans

TopTexanFan16
12-03-2006, 09:37 AM
I hope you didn't get any neg reps for that one, but if anything maybe a decent safety, an offensive line-man, or a MLB would be nice! Heck maybe all three!!!:phone:

Whats wrong with the MLB we got? i understand the other two but im pretty happy with Ryans.

Second Honeymoon
12-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Carr would net us a 4th round pick or lower if we traded him. But we all know that this aint going to happen. McNair has a man crush on Lil Davey and Kubiak would not want to admit his first decision as HC was an abject failure. Carr will get another year of leading us to nowhere and will continue to look like a rookie and be an albatross around the neck of our franchise. The guy just doesnt have what it takes to be anything other than a career backup and the most losingest starting QB in THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. He is already the biggest loser in the history of starting QBs and no amount of homering will ever change that fact. Congrats homers, you are championing the Cadillac of losing starting QBs..

Here is to giving 6 years to a worthless QB....hooray

/sarcasm off

doug ftw

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
12-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Carr would net us a 4th round pick or lower if we traded him. But we all know that this aint going to happen. McNair has a man crush on Lil Davey and Kubiak would not want to admit his first decision as HC was an abject failure. Carr will get another year of leading us to nowhere and will continue to look like a rookie and be an albatross around the neck of our franchise. The guy just doesnt have what it takes to be anything other than a career backup and the most losingest starting QB in THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. He is already the biggest loser in the history of starting QBs and no amount of homering will ever change that fact. Congrats homers, you are championing the Cadillac of losing starting QBs..

Here is to giving 6 years to a worthless QB....hooray

/sarcasm off

doug ftw

O.K. Doug ftw we all know your Opinion of DC. So give us a fix. Are you saying we can replace DC with a 4th rounder, use our 1st, or pick up a QB(another teams outcast) in FA? Think about it are you going to tell me Plummer/Vick are going to do BETTER than DC with all the holes we have on this team? Plummer is now benched in Dev. and Vick (if you read the Alt. MB) has a leadership problem.(one of your major complants about DC) So tell us where do you see changing DC ONE YEAR into Coach K's sys. is a better option, than giving EVERYBODY one more year and bring in more help. I feel your pain I just think it's a year to early to be talking about trading DC with no LONG range plan in place.(i.e. no QB to take his place.)

threetoedpete
12-03-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm just sick of the bickering. If you can get...what was the Buddy Ryan Line about Criss Carter..."Two six packs and a hamsandwich" for him do the deal. If it'd get everyone pulling in the same direction on the board, I'll be happy to jump on the bandwagon. Four years of brickering is enough. Like a bloody old womans sewing club in here. Break out the GD midol. Just get on with it. Fix the o-line or move DC.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
12-03-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm just sick of the bickering. If you can get...what was the Buddy Ryan Line about Criss Carter..."Two six packs and a hamsandwich" for him do the deal. If it'd get everyone pulling in the same direction on the board, I'll be happy to jump on the bandwagon. Four years of brickering is enough. Like a bloody old womans sewing club in here. Break out the GD midol. Just get on with it. Fix the o-line or move DC.

But 3tp if DC's not on the team the MB would have nothing to bicker about.