PDA

View Full Version : Moulds Unhappy?

The Dude Abides
11-29-2006, 01:39 PM
MOULDS MIFFED IN HOUSTON
Receiver Eric Moulds, who got a ticket out of Buffalo in the offseason and a fresh start in Houston, is unhappy, we're told, regarding his lack of involvement in the Texans passing game.
Per a league source, Moulds has been consistently lining up at the "Z" position in the offense, with Andre Johnson playing the "X" role. The problem? The Houston offense focuses on throwing the ball to the "X" receiver.
It's the same dynamic that caused former Broncos receiver Ashley Lelie to ask out of Denver, which was using the same offense in past years that former Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak (now the head coach of the Texans) has installed in Houston.
Through eleven games, Moulds has 49 receptions for 510 yards and one touchdown. Johnson has 84 receptions for 982 yards and five scores, putting him on pace for 122 receptions for the year, which would be one of the highest single-season totals in league history.
Moulds apparently was under the mistaken impression that he'd become the Peerless Price of the Texans offense, running free in single coverage (and catching lots and lots of passes) while Johnson is blanketed with double coverage. It simply hasn't worked out that way to date.
We haven't heard whether Moulds wants out of Houston after this season. He is signed through 2009.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Consider the source but something to wonder about.

El Tejano
11-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Wouldn't suprise me. He went from one losing to team to another.

real
11-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Side Note:

I heard an interview of with Moulds a while back, and when they asked him about the draft, he said that when they announced they were going to get Mario instead of Bush he was upset...He said he thought it'd be fun to play with a guy like Bush...He said that he understood the pick of Mario because of building up the defense....but FWIW, it didn't sound to me as if he was pleased with the pick....

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Of course Moulds is upset. His offense sucks, his quarterback sucks, his coach isn't insisting on throwing the ball downfield, and it doesnt look to get any better in the near future. Hopefully he will be the first teammate to call out Carr as a failed experiment so we can finally move on and kick that loser out of town for good much to the bemusement of the homers that infest this board.

doug ftw

kingh99
11-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Of course Moulds is upset. His offense sucks, his quarterback sucks, his coach isn't insisting on throwing the ball downfield, and it doesnt look to get any better in the near future. Hopefully he will be the first teammate to call out Carr as a failed experiment so we can finally move on and kick that loser out of town for good much to the bemusement of the homers that infest this board.

doug ftw

Moulds was not highly sought after. That's why we got him. You really have to make it easier for an expansion team to get up and running. Nobody will come play for one except a mercenary, precisely the kind of people who won't help with character issues in the locker room.

shinerbock_girl
11-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Side Note:

I heard an interview of with Moulds a while back, and when they asked him about the draft, he said that when they announced they were going to get Mario instead of Bush he was upset...He said he thought it'd be fun to play with a guy like Bush...He said that he understood the pick of Mario because of building up the defense....but FWIW, it didn't sound to me as if he was pleased with the pick....

Maybe then he was, but after seeing Bush has not been really productive at all for the Saints, i bet he's happy now...Alot of ppl weren't happy then, but iam the first to admit, iam glad we didn't get him...I would have rather had De Angelo.

Meloy
11-29-2006, 02:06 PM
This is opposite everything I've heard or seen Eric say. He stated repeatedly that he knew he would be second to AJ.He only needs about 80 yds/game avg to end up @ 1,000. He also really likes AJ. I do not think he squawks until after season starts and he see how team shakes out.

Specnatz
11-29-2006, 02:46 PM

doug ftw

Wow another chance for you to say the same thing over and over again without actually saying one single fact.

Regurgitation For The Win!! :crying:

ib4texans
11-29-2006, 02:50 PM
I think he deserves to be involved more, I would be interested on his thrown to/receptions stats. I am not an AJ or Carr hater, but I've watched every single game this season and Moulds has a better throw to reception ratio than Andre. This offense is designed to get the ball to AJ alot in double coverage and for some strange reason Carr threw into quadruple coverage against the Titans. Bad read on his part trying to make something that wasn't there, unfortunatly it looks alot like what Bledsoe was trying to acomplish with Terry Glenn. I think the play design needs to broaden and be more creative, I don't want this team to run a Denver offense with a bunch of overtired ex Denver players, it seems like any time a spot is open on the team we have to fill it with an ex Bronco. Bring on the season of change!

texflex513
11-29-2006, 02:56 PM

doug ftw
John is that you???? John Mcclain?:shades:

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Wow another chance for you to say the same thing over and over again without actually saying one single fact.

Regurgitation For The Win!! :crying:

Here is a fact for you to chew on. Carr is one of the most losingest starting QBs in the history of the NFL of 3 or more starting seasons. 18-49 as an NFL starter. I believe if we lose 3 more games this year he officially becomes the #1 loser in the history of NFL QBs for starters of 5 years or more. He is already the biggest loser for 4 year starters. Please read this, digest this, process this, and come back with something besides the lame excuses you homers perpetuate.

Some of you mensas are even touting him as being Pro Bowl worthy? Where do you guys get this stuff at? Whatever, just another myopian Houston sports fan....something we never run short of

dftw

TopTexanFan16
11-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Here is a fact for you to chew on. Carr is one of the most losingest starting QBs in the history of the NFL of 3 or more starting seasons. 18-49 as an NFL starter. I believe if we lose 3 more games this year he officially becomes the #1 loser in the history of NFL QBs for starters of 5 years or more. He is already the biggest loser for 4 year starters. Please read this, digest this, process this, and come back with something besides the lame excuses you homers perpetuate.

Some of you mensas are even touting him as being Pro Bowl worthy? Where do you guys get this stuff at? Whatever, just another myopian Houston sports fan....something we never run short of

dftw

You know its kinda funny how when a team looses its the QB's fault....hhhmmmm so let me get this straight your telling me that Carr alone by himeself has lost 49 games and won 18....all by himslef. Yeaaaaa well heres a fact you can swallow, football is a TEAM sport. win as a team and lose as a team.

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Can i ask you a question, and this has nothing to deal really at all with this topic, but yes i understand you dont like carr, but do you hate him as person cause it appears that way. and if so why? hes a football player, he plays football, he starts cause hes told hes the starter, please i ask you hate the player not the person. so stop attacking him and calling him names, how do yoiu lije it jerk?

Where in that quote did I call him names? I said he sucks, and he does. What is your point. I am sorry if the truth hurts man. I wish it wasn't the truth. Believe me. I am a fan just like you but instead of putting my head in the sand and hiding from reality, I actually voice an honest opinion and criticize those deserving of said criticism.

I am sorry if your feelings or Lil Davey's feelings are hurt from all the criticism. Grow up and get over it. Now I could resort to namecalling like you have done to me, but I will rarely direct venom at a single fellow fan because that is against this boards code of conduct and generally in bad taste. Flame wars are not with this board is about. It's about honest discourse about our favorite football team whether or not we agree with our fellow posters or not....luckily for you its not a flame war board.

GO TEXANS

Doug ftw

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 03:28 PM
You know its kinda funny how when a team looses its the QB's fault....hhhmmmm so let me get this straight your telling me that Carr alone by himeself has lost 49 games and won 18....all by himslef. Yeaaaaa well heres a fact you can swallow, football is a TEAM sport. win as a team and lose as a team.

There has been one constant throughout those 49losses and 18 wins....David Carr as the starter...geez even Tony Banks won half the games with the Texans (the Banks 2-2 record as starter was not included in the 18-14 record)....but he aint a golden boy like Carr so of course that gets shooed right under the rug, huh.

In the famous words of Bill Parcells. 'You are what you are'. And no truer words have ever been spoken. Carr is a losing QB. You are a homer fan. Its really that simple.

doug ftw

eriadoc
11-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Can someone please tell me how to add people to my ignore list? TIA.

TopTexanFan16
11-29-2006, 03:32 PM
There has been one constant throughout those 49losses and 18 wins....David Carr as the starter...geez even Tony Banks won half the games with the Texans (the Banks 2-2 record as starter was not included in the 18-14 record)....but he aint a golden boy like Carr so of course that gets shooed right under the rug, huh.

In the famous words of Bill Parcells. 'You are what you are'. And no truer words have ever been spoken. Carr is a losing QB. You are a homer fan. Its really that simple.

doug ftw

Again you are very patronizing. you rant on and on how you have your opinion of carr but when someone expresses that they like him they are automatically a homer. so steve mckinney has been a starter must be his 49 losses, andre johnson in the 3 years has been here must be is what 46 losses i beleive, i mean come on. look at the big picture not just " CARR, YOU SUCK"

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Can someone please tell me how to add people to my ignore list? TIA.

Step 1 - Click on the users name next to his avatar/logo.
Step 2 - Click on View Public Profile
Step 3 - On the right side of the header that appears you will see, for example, Add 'Second Honeymoon' to your ignore list
Step 4 - Continue being automaton homer fan

doug ftw

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Again you are very patronizing. you rant on and on how you have your opinion of carr but when someone expresses that they like him they are automatically a homer. so steve mckinney has been a starter must be his 49 losses, andre johnson in the 3 years has been here must be is what 46 losses i beleive, i mean come on. look at the big picture not just " CARR, YOU SUCK"

Well forgive me for my patronization. The homer attitude just gets old after 5 years I guess. As for Carr as a person, I have always said he is by all reports a good human being, good family man, and a tough SOB. However, I just dont think he has what it takes to be a winning NFL QB. Now that he has been force fed down our throat for going on 5 years, I am sorry if I am showing some frustration towards our franchise current direction, led by Carr.

It's just one man's opinion but it is an opinion shared by, what I personally feel, is a growing majority of Texans fans. Carr is not the answer.

doug ftw

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 03:41 PM
See that was simple, thank you for answering my question and clearing that up for me. But stop being so ignorant and calling every othee person a Homer it gets old too. thanks

duly noted

eriadoc
11-29-2006, 03:46 PM
LOL ... DFTW gave me negative rep for asking how to add someone to my ignore list. Two very amusing things here - 1.) He automatically assumed it was him I wanted to add, and 2.) it deducted a single point of rep LMAO!

Good job, DFTW. The board (hell, the world!) is a better place with you in it.

/bow

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 03:48 PM
LOL ... DFTW gave me negative rep for asking how to add someone to my ignore list. Two very amusing things here - 1.) He automatically assumed it was him I wanted to add, and 2.) it deducted a single point of rep LMAO!

/bow

You must spread more reputation before giving it to eriadoc again. :)

/salute

dftw

Specnatz
11-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Eriadoc, I truely hope I have not gotten under your skin, not my intention at all.

I am called a homer by koolaid because I made a comment about his repetativeness on his post.

Yes, I do love the Texans and want them to succeedl so if that makes me a homer than I am glad to be one. If I do not blame one person for the franchise not winning and that makes me a homer, then so be it. The fact of the matter the team did not give Carr any chance to succeed, in the first 4 years of the franchise. No O-line and No D-line. This is not an excuse it is a fact. Casserly and Capers have done nothing but have maybe 4 players drafted in there entire time that are legit starters. Besides, AJ, Dunta, DD and yes I am saying Carr not because of homer itis but because he is better than a few QB in the league. Who else has been drafter prior to this year that is helping the team during the first 4 years with wins? I can name a lot of players who have helped in the loses.

Ya see koolaid this is why, I get tired of your rant (singularly, because you say the same thing over and over again).

Now am I completely sold on Carr, no not at all, but I will not hang one guy for all the mistakes. Especially when homedepot has plenty of rope I can get and hang everone who deserves it. (I need to hire a typist because i suck at it)

HOU-TEX
11-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Its because Carr has limited visiblity and can only focus on one thing. You Carr homer's think Carr is great, but Moulds was brought in to help the offense out. Carr said on post-game interview and I heard this on 790 was that he has lost faith in his recievers. That is why he does not throw down field. Moulds has NOT dropped any passes. Why can't Carr see Mould's?

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to say bullbutter on that one.:spy:

LORK 88
11-29-2006, 04:07 PM
anyone else know that this was under the rumor mill section of PFT, the National Enquier of football news?

real
11-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Carr said on post-game interview and I heard this on 790 was that he has lost faith in his recievers.

:fib

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Now am I completely sold on Carr, no not at all, but I will not hang one guy for all the mistakes. Especially when homedepot has plenty of rope I can get and hang everone who deserves it.

interesting choice of words...I guess it's ok to proverbialy 'hang' all the other players we have discarded in the past years for their seeming lack of production though....hmmm....do I see a pattern? is it because they werent squeaky clean white boys like DC.

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Its because Carr has limited visiblity and can only focus on one thing. You Carr homer's think Carr is great, but Moulds was brought in to help the offense out. Carr said on post-game interview and I heard this on 790 was that he has lost faith in his recievers. That is why he does not throw down field. Moulds has NOT dropped any passes. Why can't Carr see Mould's?

No way would David Carr have said that. I am not a DC fan per se, but there is no way I think he is dumb enough to say anything even approaching that. Please tell me that is BS.

doug ftw

TopTexanFan16
11-29-2006, 04:13 PM
interesting choice of words...I guess it's ok to proverbialy 'hang' all the other players we have discarded in the past years for their seeming lack of production though....hmmm....do I see a pattern? is it because they werent squeaky clean white boys like DC.

Hahaha im sorry but are you actually laying down the race card or was it just apoor choice of words?

FirstTexansFan
11-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Ignore is simple, just click on the persons name, then choose Public Profile, and you'll see the option there. It lacks in a few areas, when someone quotes the ignored poster, you end up seeing what they posted anyway. I've trained myself not to read it, but I'm a focused individual <grin> I just wish it had a ignore and next time they post make their computer explode option :)

ib4texans
11-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Did the name of this thread change? Why has this gone so far off topic?

TopTexanFan16
11-29-2006, 04:18 PM

My bad, probably me, haha i was just gettin a little fed up with all the posters on here callin everyone who likes carr a homer.

real
11-29-2006, 04:19 PM

Just copy and paste this in every thread....

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Hahaha im sorry but are you actually laying down the race card or was it just apoor choice of words?

im white, but something tells me that if Carr was black and had played exactly like Carr has played for 5 years, he would be looked at completely differently and would no longer hold a spot on our roster. He wouldn't have even made it to Year 5 imho and definitely wouldnt have had his option picked up. If that is playing the race card, consider the card played. I doubt we would have even drafted him #1 if he was a man of color but of course that is one man's opinion.

if you are naive enough to think that black QBs are given the same opportunity and patience as white QBs you are quite mistaken.

real
11-29-2006, 04:21 PM
im white, but something tells me that if Carr was black and had played exactly like Carr has played for 5 years, he would be looked at completely differently and would no longer hold a spot on our roster. He wouldn't have even made it to Year 5 imho and definitely wouldnt have had his option picked up. If that is playing the race card, consider the card played.

if you are naive enough to think that black QBs are given the same opportunity as white QBs you are quite mistaken.

I agree with this to a certain extent....

HOU-TEX
11-29-2006, 04:21 PM
As I have stated before call up ESPN790 and ask them. I heard this on the Charlie Pallilo show between 3pm-7pm. CP has alot a knowledge on sports. I would call ,but I work during those hours.

Whether it came from you or the other guy, I'm still saying bullbutter. Sorry.:cool:

Specnatz
11-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Just copy and paste this in every thread....

:perfect10: That was funny.

TopTexanFan16
11-29-2006, 04:23 PM
im white, but something tells me that if Carr was black and had played exactly like Carr has played for 5 years, he would be looked at completely differently and would no longer hold a spot on our roster. He wouldn't have even made it to Year 5 imho and definitely wouldnt have had his option picked up. If that is playing the race card, consider the card played.

if you are naive enough to think that black QBs are given the same opportunity as white QBs you are quite mistaken.

If you are so naive to think that race has anything to do with it, your are quite mistaken. In this day and age many NFL players and QB's are and have been black. the race card is the most ignorant argument i have ever heard concerning Carr.

kingh99
11-29-2006, 04:23 PM

The leader sets the tone. Franchises dump bad QBs all the time. This franchise is convinced Carr can do it. I am reading some interesting stuff about the lack of a credible running game ad naseum and think it has some merit. However, as fans we grow restless. If we stick with Carr for 8 plus years and he wins it'll be something else. Couldn't get away with this anywhere but in a cash flush sun belt city where the fans are half out to lunch and the media is afraid of not getting the interview. We ask very little and that's what we get.

real
11-29-2006, 04:30 PM
If you are so naive to think that race has anything to do with it, your are quite mistaken. In this day and age many NFL players and QB's are and have been black. the race card is the most ignorant argument i have ever heard concerning Carr.

I wouldn't say race has anything to do with this specific situation, and it's hard to predict what-if scenarios, but I do think that if Carr were black he would have been run out of town, and honestly I think a lot of Carr supporters wouldn't be so supportive...

But I think in this instance he has kept his job because of where he was drafted...

If Carr were a 3rd rd. pick and performed the same way he has he would have been benched....

His production isn't keeping him on the field...His "potential" is...

RTP2110
11-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't know why Moulds would speak up now. After he just had his best game of the year reception wise with 10.

Honoring Earl 34
11-29-2006, 04:34 PM
im white, but something tells me that if Carr was black and had played exactly like Carr has played for 5 years, he would be looked at completely differently and would no longer hold a spot on our roster. He wouldn't have even made it to Year 5 imho and definitely wouldnt have had his option picked up. If that is playing the race card, consider the card played. I doubt we would have even drafted him #1 if he was a man of color but of course that is one man's opinion.

if you are naive enough to think that black QBs are given the same opportunity and patience as white QBs you are quite mistaken.

All right I'm going to trade Carr for Vick ... turn Vick into a RB and draft Troy Smith in the 2nd to groom . That would give us the running game people want and we can do trick plays like the Chargers .

There I'm willing to give black QBs a chance .

Vinny
11-29-2006, 04:35 PM
I don't know why Moulds would speak up now. After he just had his best game of the year reception wise with 10. Charlie Weiss said it best in his pres conf after he lost to USC the other day. "stats are for losers"

The Dude Abides
11-29-2006, 04:37 PM

Then why is Michael Vick still on the Falcons roster?

real
11-29-2006, 04:38 PM

Because he's electric...exciting....generates buzz....sells tickets and merchandise...

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 04:41 PM

Oh really...

Culpepper - gets to NFC Championship Game, perenially playoffis, Wins MVP, run out of town little more than a year later. Then promptly benched by Miami though somewhat due to injury. Culpepper will be wearing an 'I QB FOR FOOD' sign this offseason.

Vick - Most criticiqued QB in all the land. Even his head coach's father cant stay away from criticizing him. Gone to NFC Championship Game, breaks records, sells tickets, and wins football games with little to no other offensive talent around him. His single finger salute may get him run out of town though.

Leftwich/Garrard - Leftwich is riding the bench due to his poor play and to a lesser extent injury. Notice they didnt wait 5 years to bench his arse, they didnt even wait 3 years because he got benched last year for a period. Both have very little WR talent now that Jimmy Smith left the Jags high and dry. Garrard has come in and given spark but obviously has trouble with consistency as well due to their inexplicable losses. Expect JVille to look at a QB in the near future.

Vince Young - A rookie with a winning record as a starter but is still ranked #28 by the mensas at ESPN. I can't say anything bad about the guy because the guy is just nails, but the haters sure can.

So 4 out of 32 teams have black quarterbacks and you honestly think they are afforded the same opportunity? And when they do get lucky enough to get drafted and get a job they are under immense scrutinity and teams are short on patience. There have been many other instances historically of this but I just wanted to go with present day for a purer argument's sake.

doug ftw

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 04:42 PM
The leader sets the tone. Franchises dump bad QBs all the time. This franchise is convinced Carr can do it. I am reading some interesting stuff about the lack of a credible running game ad naseum and think it has some merit. However, as fans we grow restless. If we stick with Carr for 8 plus years and he wins it'll be something else. Couldn't get away with this anywhere but in a cash flush sun belt city where the fans are half out to lunch and the media is afraid of not getting the interview. We ask very little and that's what we get.

Now THAT is the truth. QFT.

doug ftw

The Dude Abides
11-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Because he's electric...exciting....generates buzz....sells tickets and merchandise...

http://www.smithappens.com/smit_cms/content/1164594727.jpg

Nice buzz. And nice 5-6 record. Isn't that the complaint about Carr? He's not winning. That's what it all comes down to IMO

The Dude Abides
11-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Oh really...

Culpepper - gets to NFC Championship Game, perenially playoffis, Wins MVP, run out of town little more than a year later. Then promptly benched by Miami though somewhat due to injury. Culpepper will be wearing an 'I QB FOR FOOD' sign this offseason.

Vick - Most criticiqued QB in all the land. Even his head coach's father cant stay away from criticizing him. Gone to NFC Championship Game, breaks records, sells tickets, and wins football games with little to no other offensive talent around him. His single finger salute may get him run out of town though.

Leftwich/Garrard - Leftwich is riding the bench due to his poor play and to a lesser extent injury. Notice they didnt wait 5 years to bench his arse, they didnt even wait 3 years because he got benched last year for a period. Both have very little WR talent now that Jimmy Smith left the Jags high and dry. Garrard has come in and given spark but obviously has trouble with consistency as well due to their inexplicable losses. Expect JVille to look at a QB in the near future.

Vince Young - A rookie with a winning record as a starter but is still ranked #28 by the mensas at ESPN. I can't say anything bad about the guy because the guy is just nails, but the haters sure can.

So 4 out of 32 teams have black quarterbacks and you honestly think they are afforded the same opportunity? And when they do get lucky enough to get drafted and get a job they are under immense scrutinity and teams are short on patience. There have been many other instances historically of this but I just wanted to go with present day for a purer argument's sake.

doug ftw

Jake Plummer - Already benched less than a year after the AFC Championship

Jake Delhomme - Already being questioned as the QB three years after the SUPER BOWL

And to get back on topic, I posted this thread about Moulds. Not Carr or other QB's in the league

Honoring Earl 34
11-29-2006, 04:44 PM
DFTW , I'm not hip on computer talk whats QFT ?

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 04:46 PM

because he has won football games, sells tickets, is exciting to watch, mercurial talent, and almost led his team to a Super Bowl. I will say that Atlanta's patience is already starting to erode even with those factors. But to be honest, the bird flipping thing really sullies his case a lot. He could be gone but I think it would be more due to a desire to 'start fresh' and for general PR than anything on the football field.

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 04:47 PM
DFTW , I'm not hip on computer talk whats QFT ?

quoted for truth. excuse the leetspeak :)

Meloy
11-29-2006, 04:55 PM
If Kubes thought Carr could not take them to playoffs, he would have told McNair and gone for Young (home town boy that would have pleased sponsor McInvale). Carr's bonus was not issue imo as Kubes has dumped salaries right & left with out squawk from owner. I still am willing to go with Kube's calls.

TopTexanFan16
11-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Oh really...

doug ftw

Culpepper isnt starting cause he had recently come off a serious injury and wasnt puttin up very good numbers. The fact is Harrington is. Vick was only fined 10 grand and is still starting, you think flippin the bird to his OWN FANS isnt that bad please tell me what is. if carr would have done that it would be equally bad news. Carr just proves every sunday how much patience he has because he has to deal with half the stadium booing him. Leftwhich got benched because lack of play, and garrard is starting, Garrard is black, this has nothing to do with the color of the QB. You talk about vince young? how this argument has any sense to race i dont know. hes ranked low in stats, thats not how the titans franchise views him. hes starting and he was drafted #1. stats will be stats, let them be. So i still dont buy into any of those arguments cause none of them have anything to to with race.

sleepwalker
11-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Where in that quote did I call him names? I said he sucks, and he does. What is your point. I am sorry if the truth hurts man. I wish it wasn't the truth. Believe me. I am a fan just like you but instead of putting my head in the sand and hiding from reality, I actually voice an honest opinion and criticize those deserving of said criticism.

I am sorry if your feelings or Lil Davey's feelings are hurt from all the criticism. Grow up and get over it. Now I could resort to namecalling like you have done to me, but I will rarely direct venom at a single fellow fan because that is against this boards code of conduct and generally in bad taste. Flame wars are not with this board is about. It's about honest discourse about our favorite football team whether or not we agree with our fellow posters or not....luckily for you its not a flame war board.

GO TEXANS

Doug ftw

Are you going to cry about Carr every day for the rest of the year?

Vinny
11-29-2006, 05:16 PM
MOULDS MIFFED IN HOUSTON
Receiver Eric Moulds, who got a ticket out of Buffalo in the offseason and a fresh start in Houston, is unhappy, we're told, regarding his lack of involvement in the Texans passing game.
Per a league source, Moulds has been consistently lining up at the "Z" position in the offense, with Andre Johnson playing the "X" role. The problem? The Houston offense focuses on throwing the ball to the "X" receiver.
It's the same dynamic that caused former Broncos receiver Ashley Lelie to ask out of Denver, which was using the same offense in past years that former Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak (now the head coach of the Texans) has installed in Houston.
Through eleven games, Moulds has 49 receptions for 510 yards and one touchdown. Johnson has 84 receptions for 982 yards and five scores, putting him on pace for 122 receptions for the year, which would be one of the highest single-season totals in league history.
Moulds apparently was under the mistaken impression that he'd become the Peerless Price of the Texans offense, running free in single coverage (and catching lots and lots of passes) while Johnson is blanketed with double coverage. It simply hasn't worked out that way to date.
We haven't heard whether Moulds wants out of Houston after this season. He is signed through 2009.

Moulds unhappy as Carr's mid read in his progression? lol, welcome to our world Eric.

the wonger need food
11-29-2006, 05:16 PM
If Kubes thought Carr could not take them to playoffs, he would have told McNair and gone for Young (home town boy that would have pleased sponsor McInvale). Carr's bonus was not issue imo as Kubes has dumped salaries right & left with out squawk from owner. I still am willing to go with Kube's calls.

This assessment was made by Kubiak before he had a chance to work with him. Now it's time for our front office and coaches to step up and admit that they were wrong. If they choose to continue towing the company line they will continue to lose. We'll find out what is most important to the Texans' management this offseason.... pride or wins.

kingh99
11-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Now THAT is the truth. QFT.

doug ftw

If this was Boston or Philly or even San Francisco he would have asked to be traded by the third year because he and his family grew tired of not being able to eat out. And management would have been working the problem as well since the fans and media would have hounded them 24/7 until something changed. Here everyone is just so nice. Of course it's the charm of being such a nice city that makes it okay place to live. Just don't get pissed when your team is slow to change. Nobody wants to rock the boat.

mexican_texan
11-29-2006, 05:54 PM
As I said before, no such thing as a happy receiver. Don't read too much into it.

cuppacoffee
11-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Charlie Weiss said it best in his pres conf after he lost to USC the other day. "stats are for losers"

:coffee: :crying:.. :crying:.. :crying:

We were demolished. Charlie needs more speed on D.

run-david-run
11-29-2006, 07:22 PM

/bow

Find one of his posts, click on the screen name, view public profile, add to ignore list is over on the right.

dtran04
11-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Let's face it. A big reason why Moulds is here is b/c he had some disputes with BUF. It wouldn't surprise me at the least that he's unhappy.

Hulk75
11-29-2006, 07:54 PM

dftw

Okay thanks we are tired of reading your off the wall no link crap. He is the stater this week and the rest of the year, and wether you like it or not next year as well, thanks Doug this thread is about Moulds and the way he is used.

And I would love for Moulds to run around and find open spots in the field, just like they use Wes Welker in Miami.

MrMeToo
11-29-2006, 08:57 PM
I'd be unhappy too if my QB sucked.

Specnatz
11-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Using race in this or anyother football discussion shows lack of intelligence, period. Yeah race played a huge role in Doug Willimas winning a super bowl and Warren Moon putting up all those numbers in Houston.

Maybe race was the issue for Bledsoe being benched as well. He was not white enough, oh wait according to Michael Irvin it is the complete opposite. Race is what ignorant people use to discusss things they cant on a normal basis.

TK_Gamer
11-30-2006, 05:18 PM

except, morency, oh and wand, oh and wait robaire, oh hold on and his play calls.

TopTexanFan16
11-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Using race in this or anyother football discussion shows lack of intelligence, period. Yeah race played a huge role in Doug Willimas winning a super bowl and Warren Moon putting up all those numbers in Houston.

Maybe race was the issue for Bledsoe being benched as well. He was not white enough, oh wait according to Michael Irvin it is the complete opposite. Race is what ignorant people use to discusss things they cant on a normal basis.

Sir i appluad you, thanks i totally agree

ib4texans
11-30-2006, 07:01 PM
except, morency, oh and wand, oh and wait robaire, oh hold on and his play calls.

I liked Morency when he played for us, although he's had his share of injuries this season with the Pack.

Grid
11-30-2006, 07:07 PM
he was hired to be a backup. He is a backup. Backups are not the prime target in the offense.

His job is to be enough of a threat to open up AJ... he has been that.. he is doing his job.. if he no longer likes his job, then he shouldnt have signed the contract.

aj.
11-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I'd be more worried if Moulds was happy. Our offense blows.

Erratic Assassin
11-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Here is a fact for you to chew on. Carr is one of the most losingest starting QBs in the history of the NFL of 3 or more starting seasons.

Carr has been stuck on A BAD TEAM for 5 years. Has that crossed your mind?

AJ has been "most losingest" :gun: wide receiver in the league for the past 4 years, so why don't we get rid of him?

Dunta Robinson has been the "most losingest" :gun: cornerback in the league for the past 3 years, so why don't we get rid of him?

Oh that's right, football is a team sport.

Specnatz
11-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Carr has been stuck on A BAD TEAM for 5 years. Has that crossed your mind?

AJ has been "most losingest" :gun: wide receiver in the league for the past 4 years, so why don't we get rid of him?

Dunta Robinson has been the "most losingest" :gun: cornerback in the league for the past 3 years, so why don't we get rid of him?

Oh that's right, football is a team sport.

I get the feelin second would be saying something like ...

Logic? that does not compute Jim.

Signed

Spock