PDA

View Full Version : Mathis is active

DocBar
11-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Just watching NFL network and saw that Mathis has been moved to the active roster. Nice to see someone coming OFF the injured list!!!!

Houston_Fanatic
11-28-2006, 08:33 PM
:banana:

HJam72
11-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Yes, he is active now, but I think Kubiak activiated him because he had to or lose all hope of using him this year. Last I heard, which was pretty recently, Mathis is still limping a little and not running full out, despite getting the "all clear" sign from the doc.

RTP2110
11-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Yes, he is active now, but I think Kubiak activiated him because he had to or lose all hope of using him this year. Last I heard, which was pretty recently, Mathis is still limping a little and not running full out, despite getting the "all clear" sign from the doc.

From the main page.....

Mathis should take over kick returns starting this weekend in Oakland with Dexter Wynn retaining punt return duties.

Sunday’s game will mark Mathis’ first action since the Pro Bowl in February.

“He’s ready to play,” Gary Kubiak said Monday.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3146&section=N%20Latest%20News

sakebomb
11-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Well that is some freaking sweet news!!!! Awesome!!!!

Hulk75
11-28-2006, 09:29 PM
SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.diedenbergen.de/ogame/speedy_gonzales.jpg

Ibar_Harry
11-29-2006, 01:57 AM

We need some kind of positive spark plus I think they want to make a decision regarding next year. Kubiak is suppose to have said he needs to be a receiver as well. Have to fill more than one role on Kubiak's teams. It will be interesting if we choose to try to S T R E T C H the field with Mathis. Despite what some of you think, David can throw the ball further than we can punt it. Might not be a bad strategy to occasionally go long and take it as a punt if it gets intercepted.

Malloy
11-29-2006, 10:12 AM
What happens if he fumbles his first return ? :)

Stampede
11-29-2006, 10:52 AM
What happens if he fumbles his first return ? :)

....Or catches a 5 yard bomb and runs toward the wrong endzone!

HOU-TEX
11-29-2006, 10:54 AM
....Or catches a 5 yard bomb and runs toward the wrong endzone!

A 5 yard bomb! That's pretty funny! LOL

rmartin65
11-29-2006, 01:23 PM
This is good. Hopefully he does well. TD return!!!