PDA

View Full Version : Keepers,bubble players and gone..see ya

whiskeyrbl
11-28-2006, 08:29 PM
A post earlier by gpschafer_76 got me thinking so I did a run dowmn on our roster and this is what I think can/should happen.
KEEPERS:
Offense-OL-Hodgdon C, Pitts G/T, Salaam T, Winston T, Spencer T, Briesel G, WR- Johnson, Moulds, D. Andersen, Walter, TE- Daniels, Putzier, RB- Lundy, Gado, Davis ?, QB- Carr, Rosenfels
Defense- DE- Williams, Peek, Kalu, Cochran, DT- Dalton, Th. Johnson, Maddox, Weaver,LB- Ryans, Orr, Wong, DB-Earl, Faggins, Robinson,Mc Kenzie, Walker
BUBBLE- OL Weary,McKinney, WR-D. Lewis, Mathis, QB- Porter,Van Pelt,RB- Taylor, TE- Bruener
Defense- C. Anderson, Babin, C.C. Brown, Evans, Polk, Simmons, Wynn,Tr. Johnson, Malone, Sanders
GONE- Offense- Bedell, Cook, Dayne, Jackson,Leach, Pearson, Flanagan, Wiegert, Broussard, Steele
Defense- Greenwood, Hutchins, Killings, McLeon, Stone, Alexander, Payne, Rainer
ST- Brown, Stanley

Thats only 33 that I would keep, hope FA and the Draft are good to us.

Texan1
11-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Whiskey,

Man looking at the we need an RB in the worst way!

Good thoughts - your pretty much dead on - although I think Orr iwll be a bubble guy next year, but will likely stick.

skillz24
11-28-2006, 08:58 PM
there will always be a different opinion on keeps and releases...mine are similar to yours.

keeps:offense...
QBs Carr and Rosenfels
RBs Lundy
WRs Johnson, Moulds, Walter, and Anderson
OTs Spencer and Winston
OGs Pitts, Flanagan, and Weary
TEs Daniels and Putzier

keeps:defense...
DEs Williams, Weaver, Peek, and Kalu
DTs Johnson
OLBs Orr, Greenwood
MLBs Ryans
DBs Brown...convert him to a corner, Sanders, Robinson
Ss none

keeps:speacial teams
KR+PR Mathis

offseason:
trade Davis for a second or third round pick
release the rest...please
bring in eithier Clements or Samuel at DB one of them will be available
LB pray for Briggs and prepare to draft otherwise

draft:
round one: Jake Long OT Michigan
round two: Antonio Pittman RB Ohio State, and Daymeion Hughes DB California if he is still there...or trade up for Adrian Petterson RB Oklahoma
round three-five:load up on DBs and safeties

we may have some issues to work out i would only keep 26 about half our team.

sakebomb
11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
i would only keep 26 about half our team.

and we wonder why we still suck and can't win any games. :crying:

powerfuldragon
11-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Are you kidding me? Keep Briesel and drop Flanagan?!

texan279
11-29-2006, 12:19 AM

And Mathis on the bubble???

ATX_Texan
11-29-2006, 08:59 AM

Why would any team in its right mind give up any pick, much less a 2nd rounder, for an injured D.Davis? No one would give a second round pick for James or Alexander. I am pretty sure that Davis is done and Kubes is mearly softening the salary cap blow by waiting until after June 1 to reach a settlement and releasing him.

real
11-29-2006, 09:09 AM
The Texans need to bring as many players on the current roster to camp as possible....

I hope we don't have a large turnover...

We need to try and keep guys together so we can build some kind of team chemistry....

whiskeyrbl
11-29-2006, 09:45 AM

If you look at the direction that Kubiak is wanting to go Flanagan is going to be entering his 12th year and has had alot of injuries and Briesel is a rookie, plus if we hit the FA market hard it could possibly happen as a salary cap move. This is pure speculation. JMO on how things may turn out. I mean really if we were able to get lets say Briggs and Clements and Samuel would it be worth letting Flanagan go and keep the 2 youngsters. And as far as Mathis it doesn't seem to me that Kubes has to much for him if he can't become a solid reciever. He may be used in a trade. But like I said this is JMO.

painekiller
11-29-2006, 10:19 AM
offseason:

And who might you be thinking will give you anything for a RB who may never wear a jersey again? He has a big salary and a broken down body and has expressed an unwillingness to do what it takes to be on the field (refused anymore surgery this training camp).

You are drinking to much punch here.

painekiller
11-29-2006, 10:29 AM
I for one would like to see what an off season with Pearson will do. If he looks bad in coaching seasons, let him go.

Plus let me see Thomas Johnson, Maddox, Malone As DT depth along with Travis Johnson going into the draft.

Want to add if McKinney starts at OC the rest of the season Hodgdon will be gone this off season. And Orr is on the bubble and will be gone if they take a Strong side LB in the draft.

SESupergenius
11-29-2006, 11:06 AM
The only keepers are Ryans, Williams, Winston, Daniels and possibly Carr & AJ. All others are upgradable.

Texans Horror
11-29-2006, 11:20 AM
I think McKinney is closer to being on the bubble than Weary, who I would put as a keeper. Weigert will be gone, but not Flanagan. Winston's progression and Spencer's injury will have a lot to do with the people brought in. If the team decides to shift Winston to Guard, I could see the team trying to free-agent a right tackle for now and drafting one for later. If Spencer cannot play, though, the LT position is much more important and needs to be addressed immediately (for the fifth or sixth year in a row).

We may have an even trade at Running Back for DD if he is not released.

I expect another 5-10 players on the squad next year, most of them on defense or the offensive line.

TexanFanInCC
11-29-2006, 01:51 PM
offense keepers:

pitts, hogdon, spencer, winston, andre johnson, moulds.

defense keepers:

mario, ryans, earl, robinson, weaver

special teams keepers:

evans, mathis

to me, everyone else is replaceable. i listed the guys that, to me, are clearly untouchable.

Meloy
11-29-2006, 01:57 PM
33players? + maybe 5 keepers in draft and at most 2-3 in FA= 40-41. We are then 4-5 players short. Maybe the street? Romos turn up daily. Yep I buy it.

shinerbock_girl
11-29-2006, 02:03 PM
I just want Spencer back:crying: