PDA

View Full Version : Run Game Idea

rmartin65
11-28-2006, 05:58 PM
This is gonna be kinda stupid, but it popped into my head the other day when I was talking to my dad. He was saying how fullbacks used to run the football more. He said one year OJ got 2000 yards and his fullback got near 1000, maybe over. Why dont we try that sometime? Maybe this year it wont work, but next year? With DD possibly gone, and the general public not wanting a RB in the top rounds, why not pick up a good running FB to compliment the run game?

Another plus is it helps the QB, he only has to manage the game.

I was just curious why you dont see this alot anymore.

cinci_bengals00
01-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Ross, i like the idea but theres a couple of things that come to me off the top of my head..

one, the texans would have to pick up a very elite fullback for that to work. many fbs nowadays mostly block and arent fast or agile enough to be entirely effective..
two, there aren't too many fbs in college who are noticed for their running ability.. and whos going to take a fb early in the draft?

basically.. its a good idea if you can pick up an all around fullback.. it is pointless to have one that can't block because then your rb can't do anything.. idk hit back with some thoughts..

Ole Miss Texan
01-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Brian Leonard, FB, Rutgers? could be an option...2nd/3rd round maybe? doubt he slips past those.

amazingandre
01-05-2007, 05:26 PM
why are we even talking about fb vonta leach is our guy.....he def. can run more short yardage though..even that is good enough.....he is a hardnosed fb that can block catch and run well......i think this is a waste of a thread.....but i still like how everyone here is trying to come up with ideas to help the team......:marionaner:

canadiantexan
01-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I have to words that can help our run game out an awful lot, our whole offense for that matter ALEX GIBBS. yes he will cost money but he is worth every penny. Every team he has ever coached has had a dominant run game he would be my number one off season priority.

cadahnic
01-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I have to words that can help our run game out an awful lot, our whole offense for that matter ALEX GIBBS. yes he will cost money but he is worth every penny. Every team he has ever coached has had a dominant run game he would be my number one off season priority.

Gibbs would be a nice addition, hopefully we can bring him in here to help our OLine out, but even if Sherman leaves they have John Benton currently as assistant OLine coach so I don't know that they'd go and bring in another line coach.

Ryan
01-05-2007, 07:14 PM
if a fb can run like a rb than he should just be a rb.

eriadoc
01-05-2007, 11:10 PM
The description for fullback used to differ slightly from what it is today. You still see Earl Campbell referred to as a fullback from time to time, for instance, even though he was a featured tailback, by today's standards.