PDA

View Full Version : Can Moulds step up

Goldeagle
11-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Seems like Andre drops 2-3 passes a game and dropped a critical pass against the Jets in the 2nd quarter that would have put us in range for a TD much less a Field Goal

Moulds does not seem to drop anything, and I hope the team starts calling his # more.

shinerbock_girl
11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
I do wish Moulds would get the ball more...I think Carr is just more comfortable throwing to Andre, But i still want to see Moulds have the ball also...

Texan_Bill
11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Moulds would have dropped those two also. Ya see, its "his" fault (not the receivers). But seriously, Moulds does have around 50 receptions for close to 500 yards, so they are calling his number. I just wonder if being in his 11th season isn't starting to catch up with him, although he appears keep himself very much in good shape.

bah007
11-28-2006, 05:03 PM
It is hard for a QB to get comfortable with a new WR in the first year.

Even though Carr knows that Moulds is a reliable target he still doesnt know his tendencies or where he will be at any given time on a certain route.

He knows all this about AJ and that is why he gets so many more throws.

Ibar_Harry
11-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I have often stated Moulds should be the go to guy in critical situations. He has the elite hands and AJ does not..............

Goldeagle
11-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Great posts, I guess Carr needs to get that confidence because AJ is dropping common/routine passes and I agree with Ibar in the critical situations, Id like to see a more sure handed person (or at least more than one option).

Dunta_23
11-28-2006, 09:14 PM
It is hard for a QB to get comfortable with a new WR in the first year.

Even though Carr knows that Moulds is a reliable target he still doesnt know his tendencies or where he will be at any given time on a certain route.

He knows all this about AJ and that is why he gets so many more throws.

There cant be much to learn about a WR when all the routes the coach calls are within 5 yards of the LOS, I really dont think talent at our WR position is that critical within the offense the team is running....Id like to see some of the players get a chance to make a big play downfield, not a 3 yard slant and YAC....

MrMeToo
11-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Goldeagle=AJ hater
AJ>Moulds

Hulk75
11-28-2006, 09:37 PM
I do wish Moulds would get the ball more...I think Carr is just more comfortable throwing to Andre, But i still want to see Moulds have the ball also...

For some strange reason I think Carr will throw to Eric more.:secret:

Goldeagle
11-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Goldeagle=AJ hater
AJ>Moulds

Thanks for adding nada

Goldeagle=AJ fan, but hates his drops, and stats dont mean anything for him or Carr so I dont care if he has the most catches or yards. I do care when he drops 2-3 a game and I like a few others want Moulds to get more looks.

run-david-run
11-28-2006, 11:09 PM
I dont think AJ's hands are a matter of talent per say, just concentration. He lets the ball get into his body every now and then and it rebounds off his chest pad. When he gets his hands on the ball, its pretty much always a catch.