PDA

View Full Version : D Faggins

Bubbajwp
11-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I was just thinking that in the last few games he has made some great plays on short passes. I remember him jumping infront of at least two slants and knocking the ball down against the jets. Obviously he has gotten burned on a few deep plays. But does all of the blame go on him or is it more of the FS falt.

I really think that Faggins and Robinson's will both play alot better with a good coverage FS.

thunderkyss
11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
I was just thinking that in the last few games he has made some great plays on short passes. I remember him jumping infront of at least two slants and knocking the ball down against the jets. Obviously he has gotten burned on a few deep plays. But does all of the blame go on him or is it more of the FS falt.

I really think that Faggins and Robinson's will both play alot better with a good coverage FS.

On those big plays, if he was supposed to have safety help, why was the reciever playing outside of Faggins?? If I were playing cornerback, and I knew I had safety help, I wouldn't let the reciever beat me to the outside, I'd force him to where my help is. If the reciever is on the outside, I'm going to suspect he wasn't supposed to get Safety help over the top....... we probably had one safety who had to work both sides of the field. In that situation on those two plays (the lee Evans 83 yard touchdowns) I'm assuming we had one safety deep, and he couldn't have done more than what he did.

Seeing how those routes were taken away from Buffalo, I assume we played it differently as a team... I doubt either of our FS are any better than the other, & I don't believe any of them all of a sudden got better during that game.

Against the Jets, the Pass Interference was a pantom Call, and Faggins had a decent game overall. He got beat a few times, he needs to work on that. Every team gives up touch downs. Every team gives up big plays. It's something we need to work on, but no reason to panic.

AggieTexanFan
11-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Faggins is just proving what he is, a slot corner in this league. He played his best ball when D-Rob and Glenn were also on the field.

HJam72
11-28-2006, 05:02 PM

It's probably both--mistakes by the safeties and Faggins just not being fast enough.

That's bound to be true, but, like I was saying, Faggins isn't fast enough to really be a starter. I really like his play otherwise though and I think he's exactly what we need at the nickel-corner.

bah007
11-28-2006, 05:05 PM
I have always liked Faggins but honestly he has never been anything better than a nickel back and I'm not sure that he ever will.

Our entire secondary would benefit from an upgrade at FS but we also need another staring-caliber CB to play opposite of DRob.