PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should start over? Save the 2006 draft class, release everyone else.

GP
11-28-2006, 04:30 PM
I say let's make a deal with the NFL.

Save our 2006 draft class. Allow other teams to draft via a supplemental draft our remaining players, and in exchange we get twice as many 2007 draft picks as we would normally have. The way Kubiak and his team drafted guys...I'd be comfortable with having extra draft picks.

Then, we could fill holes with free agency.

I seriously sometimes think we could field a team of Owen Daniels, Mario Williams, and Demeco Ryans and still be as competitive as we are right now.

Outside of those guys, is there anybody else on our team that resembles passionate football players?

hobie
11-28-2006, 04:33 PM
You don't think AJ is passionate? Sure he drops his share, but to not say he isn't passionate.

Carr Bombed
11-28-2006, 04:43 PM
We have talent on this team, just lacking in key areas, not to mention the injuries we have suffered. With a healthy line and a healthy DD we could be talking about 4 more wins.

We need help in the secondary
A durable starting RB
and another stud LB

we aren't that far off to just dump the whole team and start over.

shinerbock_girl
11-28-2006, 04:58 PM
You don't think AJ is passionate? Sure he drops his share, but to not say he isn't passionate.

I agree, the guy is just tired of losing....But hasn't lost his passion...

ledzeppelin229
11-28-2006, 04:58 PM

I thought of him as passionate, but after reading comments about the game (I was on a delayed flight from Atlanta and missed it) he seems to be content waiting for the team to get good rather than focusing all of his energy on doing it himself.

That's not to say he's solely responsible for making us win, but I don't like how so many players seem to be folding already.

the wonger need food
11-28-2006, 05:33 PM
You are not that far off. We will probably have less than 15 players from the 2004 roster.