11-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Who is with me?

Paragon Blue
11-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Who is with me?

:thumbdown

OzzO
11-28-2006, 12:31 PM
ditto P.Blue. This is the year to for Kubiak to critique all players under his scheme, including the over mentioned few.

threetoedpete
11-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Anything that gets us closer to Joe Thomas...I'm for. I vote yes. I.R. Mario while you are at it.

Houston_Fanatic
11-28-2006, 12:33 PM
I think we should start Carr since he usually does a great job with his opening drive and manages to stay in the game for at least a half. Then start Van Pelt after halftime. Since our coaches seem unable or unwilling to make halftime adjustments, this will take it out of their hands and confuse our opponent.

:tease:

QB75
11-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Who is with me?

"Start Van Pelt." Yeah, that's helpful. We need more insight like that.

TSgt.Texan
11-28-2006, 12:41 PM
"Start Van Pelt." Yeah, that's helpful. We need more insight like that.
Someone said the same thing about ROMO

texflex513
11-28-2006, 01:13 PM
The difference..Romo has been in dallas a while. Van Pelt hasnt even been around a week. I am curious to how good he is but tossing him into the pit will not help matters.

whiskeyrbl
11-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Who is with me?

Well you can count me out, I atleast want to have a shot to win. Why don't you contact McNair and see if he'll sign Joe Theismann he was pretty good 25 YEARS AGO!!! You should really really be careful what you wish for.

powerfuldragon
11-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Rofl at your argument.

TSgt.Texan
11-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Well you can count me out, I atleast want to have a shot to win. Why don't you contact McNair and see if he'll sign Joe Theismann he was pretty good 25 YEARS AGO!!! You should really really be careful what you wish for.
I was thinking Warren Moon but Joe did win a SB!

HOU-TEX
11-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Bucky Richardson's probably better than VP. Even to this day.:francis:

shinerbock_girl
11-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I'd say start Carr, and after his first screw up, pull him since he has a tendency to just get worse after he messes up...

kingh99
11-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Who is with me?

Dick Van Patton if he's available.

Texan_Bill
11-28-2006, 03:15 PM
The difference..Romo has been in dallas a while. Van Pelt hasnt even been around a week. I am curious to how good he is but tossing him into the pit will not help matters.

And hasn't taken a snap since 2005...

Given that, Cody "the Commander" Carlson should be available, but I also liked someone's suggestion of Bucky Richardson too.

Double Barrel
11-28-2006, 03:21 PM
yes: 7 21.88%
no: 25 78.13%

Good to know that most of the board hasn't fallen off the deep end. :shades:

Texanfan4ever
11-28-2006, 03:31 PM
yes: 7 21.88%
no: 25 78.13%

Good to know that most of the board hasn't fallen off the deep end. :shades:

I am so glad! It is beginning to get scary around here. Everyone needs to take a "chill pill" and settle. All things in good time.......:ok:

Texan_Bill
11-28-2006, 04:20 PM
*plants tongue firmly in cheek*

"But if we start Van Pelt, the good times will be sooner rather than later"

:sarcasm:

LORK 88
11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
I looked for the "not in this lifetime" option, but settled for no. Only the "I hate Carr" Cult members vote yes, Van Pelt is nothing more than an running QB (a very ballsy one at that too).

TSgt.Texan
11-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Maybe he can do something else then run, WIN!!

Texan_Bill
11-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Maybe he can do something else then run, WIN!!

That's probably why teams have been knocking his door down to get him signed.

gwallaia
11-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Where do these threads come from?

TSgt.Texan
11-28-2006, 04:42 PM
That's probably why teams have been knocking his door down to get him signed.
two words

Kurt Warner

BattleRedRaider
11-28-2006, 04:45 PM
two words

Kirk Warner

one word

who?

Texan_Bill
11-28-2006, 05:21 PM
one word

who?

Kurt Warner... You know... That running back from Penn State...

BattleRedRaider
11-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Kurt Warner... You know... That running back from Penn State...

You mean Curt Warner? Running back for the Rams in 1990?

Wolf
11-28-2006, 05:26 PM
no thanks, owen daniels would be a better option, sure he might be rusty but he knows the Texan system.. hey atleast he could throw to himself :heh:

TSgt.Texan
11-28-2006, 05:30 PM
You mean Curt Warner? Running back for the Rams in 1990?
no kurt warner Super Bowl Champ

BattleRedRaider
11-28-2006, 05:30 PM
no kurt warner Super Bowl Champ

Then don't say Kirk Warner, dude.

GAH!

Wolf
11-28-2006, 05:31 PM
give me marino with NO super bowl win
over Warner.

TSgt.Texan
11-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Carr has not warranted being replaced by an unproven guy that isn't even a starter thats been with the team for 4 days. Back ups are back ups for a reason. Carr might be heading in that direction (as a backup) but he's certainly a better choice than Van Pelt.
He has not been with the team but he knows the system. Some back ups are back ups because they have not been givn the chance to starti.e. Romo, Rivers last year once even Farve was a back up.

Mr. White
11-28-2006, 06:02 PM
While I'm not in favor of starting Van Pelt yet, I watched a lot of his games at CSU and always thought highly of him. Real gutsy QB.

My dad lives in Denver and says that he's real popular over there. He's had some really good showings in the pre-season.

Kaiser Toro
11-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Another vibrant thread.

Kurt Warner is a QB who went to Northern Iowa
Curt Warner was a RB who played at Penn State

Kirk Warner is a partner with Smith Anderson and heads the firmís products liability practice group.
http://www.smithlaw.com/page.cfm?pn=ls&spn=lawyers&id=92

We seem to be hemorrhaging good and accurate football talk.

mexican_texan
11-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Quinton Porter would be elected to the Pro Bowl if he only took one snap all season.

Quinton Porter could dodge a Mario Williams roundhouse kick.

HJam72
11-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Lol, now we're arguing about whether to sit Carr for somebody we haven't seen yet.

TSgt.Texan
11-28-2006, 07:48 PM
:shades: Lol, now we're arguing about whether to sit Carr for somebody we haven't seen yet.

Think we can get Chuck Norris?

edo783
11-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Start Van Pelt?????? You have got to be kidding, right? You guys haven't seen him then if you aren't. If you had, you would know that he is a wild cannon that makes rash and often bad decisions. Can be fun to watch because he is enthusiastic, but don't count on him to make the right choices.

Texan_Bill
11-29-2006, 09:09 AM
He has not been with the team but he knows the system. Some back ups are back ups because they have not been givn the chance to starti.e. Romo, Rivers last year once even Farve was a back up.

Phallicy.... Those two guys were groomed to be starters... Not unlike Steve McNair when he was drafted by the Oilers. He sat behind (I think it was) Chris "the glass jaw" Chandler and learned that way... The other trane of thought is Chris Palmers way.... Start the rookie QB from day one (especially on an expansion team...)

TSgt.Texan
11-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Phallicy.... Those two guys were groomed to be starters... Not unlike Steve McNair when he was drafted by the Oilers. He sat behind (I think it was) Chris "the glass jaw" Chandler and learned that way... The other trane of thought is Chris Palmers way.... Start the rookie QB from day one (especially on an expansion team...)

I am not saying that Romo is the norm but we need a spark, anything to bring this team to life. If we drafted V Young who would he of learn from? Carr?
I don't think so! Who is out there in FA?

JDizzle
11-29-2006, 09:41 AM

You mean fallacy? I don't think anyone expected Romo to ever be a legit QB until this year. Plus he was an undrafted free agent AND Dallas traded a 3rd round pick to us for Drew Henson with Romo on the roster. Romo is an out-of-nowhere surprise so far.

TSgt.Texan
11-29-2006, 09:46 AM
So 84% just want to see the same old thing. I am ready for some WINS! At any price. So if Carr has to be sent to the garage for the rest of the season to get overhauled, lets do it.

whiskeyrbl
11-29-2006, 09:51 AM
So 84% just want to see the same old thing. I am ready for some WINS! At any price. So if Carr has to be sent to the garage for the rest of the season to get overhauled, lets do it.

I think that this means that 84% of us realize that if we start Van Pelt it is a show of giving up on everything we have been attempting to accomplish this year. Some of us had higher hopes than maybe we should have. I think you stay the course and try to improve.

TSgt.Texan
11-29-2006, 09:58 AM
I think that this means that 84% of us realize that if we start Van Pelt it is a show of giving up on everything we have been attempting to accomplish this year. Some of us had higher hopes than maybe we should have. I think you stay the course and try to improve.

I fell into the same trap" high hopes". I just don't want to stay on a course leading to a cliff.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the TEXANS but I want to be happy on Sundays. I wait all week for Sunday and then Sunday comes and I just look like some one stole my dog.

RTP2110
11-29-2006, 11:05 AM
LMAO at the ''Start Van Pelt'' thread before the guy has even put on the jersey. They could dig up a corpse and someone would want to bench Carr and start the corpse.

bah007
11-29-2006, 11:10 AM
LMAO at the ''Start Van Pelt'' thread before the guy has even put on the jersey. They could dig up a corpse and someone would want to bench Carr and start the corpse.

Bench Carr!

Start Jimmy Hoffa!

kcwilson
11-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Bench Carr!

Start Jimmy Hoffa!

Nah, the board would get all pissy about Hoffa not being mobile enough, which would then bring about the Vince Young pundits, which would bring out the Reggie Bush defenders and then we would jump in a time warp to early 2006 and have to relive the "What if" season again. No thanks. Happens every week.

Starting Van Pelt is laughable.:deadhorse:

Honoring Earl 34
11-29-2006, 11:20 AM
If you start Van Pelt and he went 1-4 as a starter ... he would raise our winning % over the last two years .

Texan_Bill
11-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Nah, the board would get all pissy about Hoffa not being mobile enough, which would then bring about the Vince Young pundits, which would bring out the Reggie Bush defenders and then we would jump in a time warp to early 2006 and have to relive the "What if" season again. No thanks. Happens every week.

Starting Van Pelt is laughable.:deadhorse:

EXACTLY!! Perfectly stated........

skillz24
11-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Okay let me get this straight...you are proposing starting a QB that has taken an NFL career three snaps where he produced a rushing TD, a sack, and a completition for seven yards of passing off of a screen?

Boy...you must be joking...

Texan_Bill
11-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Okay let me get this straight...you are proposing starting a QB that has taken an NFL career three snaps where he produced a rushing TD, a sack, and a completition for seven yards of passing off of a screen?

Boy...you must be joking...

Get your facts straight.. He played in three games in 2005 throwing 2 of 8. Thats more than three snaps.....

:sarcasm:

Kaiser Toro
11-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Locking mechanism starting in 3, 2, 1