PDA

View Full Version : A celebration of our 25 yards of rushing!!!!

[[Gary Kubiak]]
11-28-2006, 12:27 PM
25 f'n yards from our line and running backs! My friends....... this is indeed calls for a celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this was David Carr's fault for losing against the Jets. I shall throw the first stone and cast this loser from Houston.

Blake
11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Didnt the Jets only have 27?

Texan_Bill
11-28-2006, 12:39 PM
];513938']25 f'n yards from our line and running backs! My friends....... this is indeed calls for a celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this was David Carr's fault for losing against the Jets. I shall throw the first stone and cast this loser from Houston.

10 of those 25 yards were from the QB position.

bah007
11-28-2006, 12:42 PM
We had a franchise-low with 25 rushing yds.

We also held the Jets to a franchise-best 27 rushing yds.

Honoring Earl 34
11-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Kubiak did you acknowledge the Jets had only 27 yds rushing and start two rookie OL . They also have a QB with a shoulder repaired twice through surgery and maybe with the wind can throw it 45 yds .

Double Barrel
11-28-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm still confused about this meltown. We go from a 188 yard rushing game to a 25 yard game against a defense ranked 29th against the run. I just don't get the inconsistency from this team. :um:

Honoring Earl 34
11-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Just be glad we're not heart surgeons .

Runner
11-28-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm still confused about this meltown. We go from a 188 yard rushing game to a 25 yard game against a defense ranked 29th against the run. I just don't get the inconsistency from this team. :um:

McKinney was asked about why they couldn't run on the radio and he said they didn't know, they would have to figure it out. Does that sound like last year?

A lack of belief in the system may be why players appear to quitting.

the wonger need food
11-28-2006, 06:52 PM
McKinney was asked about why they couldn't run on the radio and he said they didn't know, they would have to figure it out. Does that sound like last year?

Exactly. This year is ending just like last year. It took a little bit longer, but everyone has officially quit.

Double Barrel
11-28-2006, 06:54 PM

:brickwall X 100

I was reading some of our threads from last year this time, and it appears that we are now suffering from the same problem that existed a year ago. I was told that it was a "cop out" to say that players quit on their coaches, but in the end I was proven right.

I saw it last year early in the season, and sad to say, I saw it last Sunday in New York. It is clearly evident in the way players conduct themselves, the way that they walk, the lack of motivation when 8+ minutes is still on the clock and they lack any fire. We don't have a player on the field that inspires the rest of the team to pull itself out of it's funk, and I'm afraid that this loser attitude will permeate our locker room and Kubiak's tenure.

People can say it's a lack of talent all they want, and this is partially true. But it doesn't change the attitude of the players, the never say quit and belief that they are going down fighting. Our team seems to get itself in a rut, then get depressed that they're in a rut, and they never seem to fight their way out of it. I had hoped that Kubiak could change this attitude, but maybe it just takes awhile for his vision and belief system to take over the team. I still hope that's the case...

Honoring Earl 34
11-28-2006, 06:59 PM

They have a pretty good gig ... they get paid well no matter what .

Runner
11-28-2006, 07:11 PM
I was reading some of our threads from last year this time, and it appears that we are now suffering from the same problem that existed a year ago. I was told that it was a "cop out" to say that players quit on their coaches, but in the end I was proven right.

My signature was Deja Vu four games into the season. I thought my current one was cooler.

People can say it's a lack of talent all they want, and this is partially true. But it doesn't change the attitude of the players, the never say quit and belief that they are going down fighting. Our team seems to get itself in a rut, then get depressed that they're in a rut, and they never seem to fight their way out of it. I had hoped that Kubiak could change this attitude, but maybe it just takes awhile for his vision and belief system to take over the team. I still hope that's the case...

From everything I've heard, Kubiak is a positive force, a motivator, and a person players wanted to and do (did?) believe in. However, the coach also has to execute. What if the players don't see his actions follow his words, what if they think he makes some poor decisions and won't correct his own mistakes?

Fans have seen some evidence of this, and even though we are probably wrong in detail I'm sure players also have differing opinions on what is going on.

I posted earlier in the year that bringing in all these ex-Kubiak guys might have an effect in the locker room beyond it's intended positives. What if it has created some of an "us and them" mentality?

Players had their friends and teammates cut to make room on the roster for ex-Kubiak and ex-Sherman guys who don't even suit up, much less contribute to the team on the field. For instance, does anyone think that players might question what Ron Dayne brought to the table? How about carrying two fullbacks, one who doesn't suit up, and cutting the feel good story Joppru. Don't you think his teammates wanted to watch him fight through it all and succeed?

Food for thought.

Wolf
11-28-2006, 07:15 PM
please don't read this wrong and has nothing really to do with our ceremonial output on fushing

besides I didn't want to start another thread and this one talks about rushing.

did it seem like our backs were dancing more this game? one could be the holes were plugged, but seemed indecisiveness back there

Wolf
11-28-2006, 07:16 PM
My signature was Deja Vu four games into the season. I thought my current one was cooler.

From everything I've heard, Kubiak is a positive force, a motivator, and a person players wanted to and do (did?) believe in. However, the coach also has to execute. What if the players don't see his actions follow his words, what if they think he makes some poor decisions and won't correct his own mistakes?

Fans have seen some evidence of this, and even though we are probably wrong in detail I'm sure players also have differing opinions on what is going on.

I posted earlier in the year that bringing in all these ex-Kubiak guys might have an effect in the locker room beyond it's intended positives. What if it has created some of an "us and them" mentality?

Players had their friends and teammates cut to make room on the roster for ex-Kubiak and ex-Sherman guys who don't even suit up much less contribute to the team on the field. For instance, does anyone think that players might question what Ron Dayne brought to the table? How about carrying two fullbacks, one who doesn't suit up, and cutting the feel good story Joppru. Don't you think his teammates wanted to watch him fight through it all and succeed?

Food for thought.

you may be right, some players on here might feel like they are a "step child" ..part of a family but not blood related.

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Didnt the Jets only have 27?

Perhaps there is a reason for that......

Why run when you can complete passes 20+ yards downfield.

We can't run. Other teams choose not to run because our pass defense is awful.

HJam72
11-28-2006, 08:15 PM
To be fair, we didn't have a lot of run plays. If we'd had an average number of run plays, we would've had more yardage, but I'm not saying it would have been a good AYC. So, my point is that the 25 yds. rushing looks worse than it really is. Regardless, our running game is still terribly inconsistent and the reason is that it SUCKS. The good games we're having running the ball are LUCK. Sometimes, the D (especially if its a bad one, but not always) just doesn't see how to take advantage of what you're doing wrong. Many times, they do. We've got linemen blocking like they are running several different plays at the same time. It's beautifically stupid. :shoot:

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Two Words: Adrian Peterson

mexican_texan
11-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Two Words: Adrian Peterson
Not gonna happen

Napa Auto Parts
11-28-2006, 10:05 PM
So the jets won with out a running game who would of thunk it :rofl:

HJam72
11-29-2006, 12:24 AM
So the jets won with out a running game who would of thunk it :rofl:

You don't need a running game when your opponent doesn't have one either and the D is starting Faggins at corner and CC Brown at FS. :twocents:

run-david-run
11-29-2006, 11:16 AM
];514659']This team needs a running game with a QB who cant pass > 20 yards.

THis really makes it worst that we cant move the ball on the ground.

So we cant run because we dont have a vertical passing game, but we dont have a vertical passing game because we cant run the ball...catch 22's be damned!

Texanfan4ever
11-29-2006, 11:37 AM
So we cant run because we dont have a vertical passing game, but we dont have a vertical passing game because we cant run the ball...catch 22's be damned!

No kidding. So which came first, the pass or the run???? LOL :confused:

HJam72
11-29-2006, 12:34 PM
No kidding. So which came first, the pass or the run???? LOL :confused:

Answer: 3 receivers DEEP. Owen Daniels between the hashes for 50 yds.

Better answer: 3 receivers on one side. AJ on the other. AJ for as far as Carr can throw the sucker. Can we block this well for one play?

edo783
11-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Can we block this well for one play?

Short answer.....NO.

HJam72
11-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Short answer.....NO.

Well, there's our problem.

Blake
11-29-2006, 03:36 PM

I think you need to Run the ball first, to open the pass.

#1. If I know the Texans org, like I think I do, we will pass on Adrian Peterson even though he is a great running back, and is from Texas. We passed on Vince Young (UT)(Houston), and Derrick Johnson (UT)(Waco) and we will pass on AP. And Kubiak doesnt take RB's in the first round.

#2. There is no reason you need to look at tape to see why you were unable to run the ball. they lined up, and you lined up, and we got beat. It doesnt take alot of detective work to figure that out.

#3. I hope to god that we draft defense for the next 2-3 years and become a ravens/bears like team. Just knock the snot out of people, and hope our offense can hold on to the ball.

Double Barrel
11-29-2006, 05:13 PM
#3. I hope to god that we draft defense for the next 2-3 years and become a ravens/bears like team. Just knock the snot out of people, and hope our offense can hold on to the ball.

I agree, except I would mix in drafting some offensive linemen into the mix. At some point this team is going to have to address the fact that we are still without a franchise lineman. You get these guys in the first round of the draft.

sleepwalker
11-29-2006, 06:01 PM

I think that is the political way of saying *we arent very good now thanks to injuries*

Runner
11-29-2006, 06:20 PM
I think that is the political way of saying *we arent very good now thanks to injuries*

I don't know - we have our running backs, and Weary, Flanagan, Pitts, and Salaam were playing that game. Salaam was chosen as good enough to be our LT with 14 games to go; I don't think the injury excuse works for him.

Winston is the injury sub, and listening to many people on the board he was better than Wiegert anyway.