PDA

View Full Version : I hate this, but when will we really ever have a chance.

ItsAJtime
11-28-2006, 09:47 AM
As long as Manning is in Indy, we may not beat them.

Young will continue to improve, so when Manning is falling, Young should be in his prime.

We may not be division winners until another coaching staff, and get a completely different team.

profan
11-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Young has one great game and everyone thinks we will never win. That's BS. It takes more than a great qb to win in this league. We will be okay. I guess everone expects us to win with our two O tackles out, center with broken ribs, defense hurting, etc . Give me a break. This team is much improved over last year and will continue to improve.

texflex513
11-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Young has one great game and everyone thinks we will never win. That's BS. It takes more than a great qb to win in this league. We will be okay. I guess everone expects us to win with our two O tackles out, center with broken ribs, defense hurting, etc . Give me a break. This team is much improved over last year and will continue to improve. you took the letter right off of my keyboard lol. good post.

ItsAJtime
11-28-2006, 09:57 AM
I am a Texans "homer", but I don't like the pattern we are in. I have been a Carr fan since day one. I also fought for him this weekend, but I am worried that the whole team has the attitude of oh well we are down 14-0 and we can't come back. I think Favre would believe he can come back from 28-0. I don't think Carr believes that. I hope I am wrong.

We are definately out this season, and have to bring in too many new personell next season to be an early favorite. I worry that our good players now will leave or be fading by the time we get this system going.

ItsAJtime
11-28-2006, 09:59 AM
I am not a Young fan because of one game. Young ahas a winning attitude though. Young will be a top ten QB in the near future.

dtran04
11-28-2006, 10:38 AM
I guess we should bring in Ken Dorsey. He was a winning pedigree too. :)

Carr Bombed
11-28-2006, 10:42 AM
All we have to do is keep building the defense, with a great defense it doesn't matter how good the other teams in your division are because you can stop them. With a great defense you can take your team on the road and win late in the season, in bad weather.

Defense is the key, I really don't care what another team in this division is fronting, it all starts here.

tsip
11-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Young has one great game and everyone thinks we will never win. That's BS. It takes more than a great qb to win in this league. We will be okay. I guess everone expects us to win with our two O tackles out, center with broken ribs, defense hurting, etc . Give me a break. This team is much improved over last year and will continue to improve.

...just the opp I think--most folks don't think we're going to win anytime soon and are not much improved over last year

Texans Horror
11-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Tennessee fans think they can win out the rest of the season, which is much more difficult than the Texans. I think they are in the "play-off" mentality that Texans fans tend to get into after a win. Once they lose this week, though, they should be back to pondering if VY was a solid pick (YES!) and thinking they are losers, too.

kfranco_utexas
11-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Vince Young will be a stud in the NFL. Period.

I have no regrets with Mario, he looks like a beast out there. Fortunately, because if not....i would be demanding some choppings.:challenge

Runner
11-28-2006, 11:16 AM
I am not a Young fan because of one game. Young ahas a winning attitude though. Young will be a top ten QB in the near future.

I think the Titans as a whole, even with a similar record as the Texans, have a winning attitude from the players through the coaches. They've been winners before and know they will be in the future. That gives them more confidence during the rebuilding process.

TheOgre
11-28-2006, 11:23 AM
It is funny that the 3-4 gives Peyton fits, yet we went away from it. The only 4-3 defense I can think of that ever gives Indy problems is Jacksonville.

We just had our first solid draft in five tries. We truly need two more solid drafts to get this ship up from the bottom of the ocean.

We really need either a playmaking QB or RB on offense, right now we have neither. Also, we need to figure out how to stop teams from passing at will on us. We have made J.P. "NFL" (see Glanville's definition of "NFL") Losman, Mark "no longer starting" Brunell, and Chad "my arm hurts" Pennington look like Pro Bowlers this year. Heck we beat Buffalo handily if we have a half-decent CB instead of Faggins.

SESupergenius
11-28-2006, 11:44 AM
To me that one was just one heck of a fluky game that Young pulled them back from. A penalty on 4th down and ghost whistle, ok.

Let me see what he can do back to back. Titan lovers.

eric138
11-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Vince Young didn't do anything.. When he can pull off what Peyton Manning did against them buccs in '03 then we can start to think he may be a good one. until then he is just a Vick wanna be.

whiskeyrbl
11-28-2006, 02:25 PM
To me that one was just one heck of a fluky game that Young pulled them back from. A penalty on 4th down and ghost whistle, ok.

Let me see what he can do back to back. Titan lovers.

What about the I don't want a roughing the QB play on 4th and 10. That would have sealed the win for the Giants. But with all the BS roughing calls he let up on VY and he took off for a first down. That win should have never happened.

BuffaloBills06
11-28-2006, 09:40 PM
It is funny that the 3-4 gives Peyton fits, yet we went away from it. The only 4-3 defense I can think of that ever gives Indy problems is Jacksonville.

We just had our first solid draft in five tries. We truly need two more solid drafts to get this ship up from the bottom of the ocean.

We really need either a playmaking QB or RB on offense, right now we have neither. Also, we need to figure out how to stop teams from passing at will on us. We have made J.P. "NFL" (see Glanville's definition of "NFL") Losman, Mark "no longer starting" Brunell, and Chad "my arm hurts" Pennington look like Pro Bowlers this year. Heck we beat Buffalo handily if we have a half-decent CB instead of Faggins.Wow JP has 2 back 2 back game winning drives and his 1st career win was against the Texans and you still cant give him his props

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-28-2006, 11:25 PM
It takes more than a great qb to win in this league.

OK. Peyton Manning has been in the league now since '98 and you are still saying things like this?