PDA

View Full Version : Chris Taylor

alphajoker
11-28-2006, 09:15 AM
I just read in the Chron (Texans Notes) that Taylor was going to be activated. I thought he did well in the pre-season and didn't expect for him to be on the practice squad this long. Hopefully, he can come in and do some good for the Texans running game.

edo783
11-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Certainly brings more speed than what we have been seeing, not that it's a very high bar to jump over.

mexican_texan
11-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Speed is nice, but even the Fason brothers have speed. I'm worried about his fumbling and ability to protect the QB.

Runner
11-28-2006, 10:15 AM
It is officially evaluation time.

MojoMan
11-28-2006, 10:32 AM
I thought Chris Taylor and Vernand Morency were the two best looking backs in preseason. Unfortunately, with the offensive line in the state that it is in, I do not believe that even L. Tomlinson could be a successful runner in our offense right now. I am afraid that if Chris Taylor is activated, he is probably being set up to fail. I hope that our coaches and our fans do not jump to any final conclusions based on his performance over the rest of this season.

HOU-TEX
11-28-2006, 10:37 AM
I thought Chris Taylor and Vernand Morency were the two best looking backs in preseason. Unfortunately, with the offensive line in the state that it is in, I do not believe that even L. Tomlinson could be a successful runner in our offense right now. I am afraid that if Chris Taylor is activated, he is probably being set up to fail. I hope that our coaches and our fans do not jump to any final conclusions based on his performance over the rest of this season.

I do agree with you, but a good RB can usually make something out of nothing.

nunusguy
11-28-2006, 11:59 AM
I thought Chris Taylor and Vernand Morency were the two best looking backs in preseason.

I'm thinking the reason the coachs weren't that high on these 2 was not their
lack of skills as runners, but their deficiencies as blockers in pass protection of the QB ?

Hervoyel
11-28-2006, 12:24 PM
lack of skills as runners, but their deficiencies as blockers in pass protection of the QB ?

My memory isn't what it used to be but wasn't Morency one of the better backs at picking up the blitz in the preseason games he played? I seem to remember that Lundy would miss blocks and then Morency would come in and get it done.

wags
11-28-2006, 12:30 PM
My memory isn't what it used to be but wasn't Morency one of the better backs at picking up the blitz in the preseason games he played? I seem to remember that Lundy would miss blocks and then Morency would come in and get it done.

That's what I remember also, but we don't know exactly what these coaches are high on most of the time.

MojoMan
11-28-2006, 12:56 PM

I am not a coach, and Coach Kubiak does not call me for advice. However, I thought Chris Taylor looked better than Morency or Lundy at blocking and picking up the blitz.

aj.
11-28-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm worried about his fumbling ...

Taylor had no fumbles in 31 preseason carries.

TexanFan881
11-28-2006, 01:13 PM
I'd be pumped to see him get some playing time :redtowel: We need a running game, and Taylor could be our back for the future. Him and Lundy and even Gado provide a young group of backs who could possibly carry the load for us.

PapaL
11-28-2006, 01:38 PM

That is also how I remember it. Morency seems to being doing well in GB. Getting carries (behind a bonafide #1 RB) and being productive in special teams.

mexican_texan
11-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Taylor had no fumbles in 31 preseason carries.
Right, I'm confusing him with Lundy in the pre season.