PDA

View Full Version : Honestly: Do you want the Texans to lose the rest of their games?

valleytexfan
11-28-2006, 02:45 AM
...To get a high draft pick, ala 2005? How many peeps have thrown in the towel on the season already? I don't think I want to go through a 2005-like year again...I think the Texans can still get some Ws...thoughts?

threetoedpete
11-28-2006, 02:52 AM
The season is toast. Our o-line has been desimated by injuries. I don't see no angles in the out feild coming to the resque. The sky has fallen. IR Mario. Get his foot healed for next year.
Get the kids on the feild for PT. See what we can do for '08. I see the light of Joe Thomas at the end of the tunnel. Paying the price for four years of very poor personel mistakes.

swtbound07
11-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Good God. Not this happy about losing crap again. This is the most ridiculous tripe ever. you play to WIN the game. I don't care if you are 1-14, i want that 2nd W. I have absolutely nothing to say to the swell folks who want to lose for draft position. Lets hear the next kris brown conspiracy theory

Mattheus_Rex
11-28-2006, 03:52 AM
Play to win. Win them all. I bought the Sundy Ticket so I could see games out here in Va. I didn't pay to watch them lose. haha

HJam72
11-28-2006, 06:48 AM
How many #1 picks can we afford to pay with a salary cap? I wanna see this team win and stop embarrassing itself.

shinerbock_girl
11-28-2006, 06:52 AM
With all the injuries piling up, i don't see much hope for winning many of the games left..I wish i could make that Titans game, win or lose, that is going to be one awesome game...

bigbrewster2000
11-28-2006, 07:37 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! You play to win the games period! If you are rooting for the team to loose ala John Lopez this morning in the Chronic then you should be run out of town. This kind of garbage should not be tolerated.

hobie
11-28-2006, 08:16 AM
One of the dumbest ones yet!! Good Lord what has this site become ?!!

TheOgre
11-28-2006, 08:22 AM
No. If after 15 games we are 3-12 and have a shot at the 1st overall selection by losing our 16th, then I might consider it. Until then, LETS GET SOME WINS.

Texan Asylum
11-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Haven't read the thread, so pardon me if this is a repeat of someone elses post.

NO!

I'm sick to death of losing! I can't bear to watch another debacle that is called Texan Football. It's time these guys started producing. Dropped balls, fumbled carries, dump off passes, missed field goals, missed assignments, and I'm sure the water boy has even dropped a few cups as well. Lets get some discipline going out there.

Perhaps there is improvement, but it sure isn't evident when it counts. Improvement only counts when the results can be produced consistently when under adversity.

kastofsna
11-28-2006, 09:22 AM
if you keep tanking it every year, i don't see free agents knocking on your door to play for you. so you'll end up in a salary cap hell from all those top picks with no hope for competing anytime soon. it's not always a bad thing to draft in the 10-20 range.

DeclanJr
11-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Realistically we probably won't get the top pick. I think Oakland has that locked up. We could very well be in the top 5 whether we want to or not. I don't think anyone wants the Texans to tank on purpose. IMO they just can't help it with the talent and injuries we've had.

Marcus
11-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I want them to lose the rest of the games. That way we can get Reggie Bush.

hobie
11-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I want them to lose the rest of the games. That way we can get Reggie Bush.

Are you serious, Reggie Bush will be available !! That would be great ! :stirpot:

HJam72
11-28-2006, 09:32 AM
We could trade Lundy for him right about now and throw all our dump-offs to him. Small steps, lol.

HoustonFan
11-28-2006, 09:34 AM
HELL TO THE NO!!! If they are going to be in the mix of teams picking first I just hope it's not first. I think they've got a win or 2 left.

texflex513
11-28-2006, 09:37 AM
...To get a high draft pick, ala 2005? How many peeps have thrown in the towel on the season already? I don't think I want to go through a 2005-like year again...I think the Texans can still get some Ws...thoughts? I say we keep fighting as hard as we can i dont care if chad stanley has to start at LT we play to win till its over.

MojoMan
11-28-2006, 10:16 AM
There is still a possibility that we can win against Oakland (2-9) this weekend and against Cleveland (3-8) the last game of the season. Even with a 5-11 record the Texans will still get a high draft pick. It seems to me that the very highest draft picks are almost never worth the money, and that the expectations of these players are ridiculously high. It is better to win a few games and get a lower draft pick - every year. This is the culture of a winning team. If we ever want to be a winner, we need to think like a winner.

bad
11-28-2006, 10:21 AM
I want the Cowboys to lose the rest of their games.

Chance_C
11-28-2006, 10:38 AM
If you are rooting for the team to loose ala John Lopez this morning in the Chronic then you should be run out of town. This kind of garbage should not be tolerated.

Surely to goodness Lopez was being sarcastic. I read the article, and I didn't get the sense he was being sarcastic, but hopefully he was..But to answer the question, no, I want them to win them all. However, it's gonna be tough with all the injuries that keep piling up. I sure was hoping for a win against the Colts this year also.

Texans Horror
11-28-2006, 10:48 AM
I don't think Houston can afford another number one draft pick. Besides, who would the Texans take anyways? Troy Smith? Brady Quinn? Calvin Johnson? Adrianne Peterson? All great players, but with DD coming back next year, I think Kubes is going to go with a defensive player for the first pick.

No. 1 pick would be HORRIBLE for Houston. They will need to trade out, and everybody knows that, so the Texans won't get a good deal. Ideally, the Texans luck out on a few more wins and moved down to the six - ten spot where they can pick up this kick-butt safety or a phenomenal lineman.

So, back to the question: no, I don't think that they should or will try to tank games. Besides it being a silly notion that a team would lose on purpose for better draft positioning, I think a lower draft position will help them tremendously.

coachdent
11-28-2006, 11:07 AM
I don't think they will be number one next year and I agree that I wouldn't want it. I think we can be in the fifth or sixth slot, in which case he will be available and I would pick up Peterson. I am not ready to spend another summer wishing and hoping that Davis will be back healthy. Trade Davis for draft picks in the fourth and/or fifth rounds and use it to take another offensive lineman.

With the next three picks go defensive and find a third wide receiver who can stretch the field. We have no deep threat guys. AJ can get deep but is not a burner.

kfranco_utexas
11-28-2006, 11:08 AM
yes but i dont want the first pick. Take 2nd and choose between Brady Quinn or Adrian Peterson. My 2 cents.

Its not like we have a chance for the playoffs and that is unfortunately ALL that matters.sorry.

jerek
11-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Good God. Not this happy about losing crap again. This is the most ridiculous tripe ever. you play to WIN the game. I don't care if you are 1-14, i want that 2nd W. I have absolutely nothing to say to the swell folks who want to lose for draft position. Lets hear the next kris brown conspiracy theory

In a rare moment I must emphatically agree with SWT. You play to win. Period. End the year on a positive note and take that momentum and confidence into the offseason. A team full of Adrian Peterson's isn't going to do jack for a bunch of grown men who can't find the stones to win.

Double Barrel
11-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Honestly: Do you want the Texans to lose the rest of their games?

Hell.Freakin'.NO!

True fanatics never root for their own team to lose.

valleytexfan
11-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Hell.Freakin'.NO!

True fanatics never root for their own team to lose.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I had just been hearing that the Houston fans didn't care anymore and I had to get the sentiment of this board...I'm with you guys, I think 7-9 or 6-10 is acheivable...I have not even thought about next year's draft...no way. GO TEXANS!:redtowel:

whiskeyrbl
11-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. I had just been hearing that the Houston fans didn't care anymore and I had to get the sentiment of this board...I'm with you guys, I think 7-9 or 6-10 is acheivable...I have not even thought about next year's draft...no way. GO TEXANS!:redtowel:

Man I hope you are right but I think realisticly at this point 2 more wins is about it without some miracle happening. I hate to say it but I think we will be drafting in the 4-8 range,and if so maybe we could trade out for 15-20 and an xtra 3rd or 4th. But to answer the Question Hell no I don't want them to lose the rest of their games,if they lay down every one of them needs to be run off.

El Tejano
11-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Might as well do what we can to win them all because the FO never drafts who we want anyways.

Marcus
11-28-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't think Houston can afford another number one draft pick. Besides, who would the Texans take anyways? Troy Smith? Brady Quinn? Calvin Johnson? Adrianne Peterson? All great players, but with DD coming back next year, I think Kubes is going to go with a defensive player for the first pick.
DD is not coming back. He's done.

SESupergenius
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
I hate this freaking board.

Specnatz
11-28-2006, 02:53 PM
I could not stomach reading all the post, I read one about giving playing time to the youngsters because the season is lost. Maybe I drink to much or just have not been paying attention, but I thought the youngsters were all in the freakin starting line up??

I do not have a problem with trying something new because whats been tried already has not produced good results. You can not give up and stop trying, and the second I see guys doing that they need to be fined and suspended. You can never stop trying and working hard to get better.

Marcus
11-28-2006, 03:06 PM
I hate this freaking board.
So do I.

What's the definition of masochist again?

SESupergenius
11-28-2006, 03:09 PM
So do I.

What's the definition of masochist again?

It's just like crack.

Texans Horror
11-28-2006, 03:14 PM
DD is not coming back. He's done.

That's too bad. I'm sorry to hear that. I think he still could have contributed, and Coach K seemed to like him. Is it a career-ending injury, then or do you think he'll be traded?

rmartin65
11-28-2006, 03:15 PM
No. You play to win. This was mentioned last year and the answer is still the same.

Marcus
11-28-2006, 03:41 PM
That's too bad. I'm sorry to hear that. I think he still could have contributed, and Coach K seemed to like him. Is it a career-ending injury, then or do you think he'll be traded?
DD has a bone-on-bone condition in his knee, and the doctors have told him that if he plays, it will be with pain. And DD said he won't play until the pain goes away. I'll let you add that up.

Double Barrel
11-28-2006, 04:17 PM
It's just like crack.

yeah, butt crack! :joker:

The Dream
11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
I know I'm going to get dogged, but yes they should lose....and I'm only saying this because I care about them and their success....this team stinks this year and we need all the help we can get......keep losing!!!! :stirpot:

jerek
11-28-2006, 04:28 PM
I know I'm going to get dogged, but yes they should lose....and I'm only saying this because I care about them and their success....this team stinks this year and we need all the help we can get......keep losing!!!! :stirpot:

In that case maybe you should change your signature line to reflect more in the way of gratitude.

No need to dog you as long as you know that it's inherently ridiculous to assert that winning should somehow begin with an attitude of losing.

The Dream
11-28-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm just being realistic....seriously big damn deal if we win 2 more games, this team WILL still suck.....I'm a fan who cares about "real" wins and not a couple of cheap wins that no one will remember towards the end of the season.....the Spurs did it the NBA when they drafted Tim Duncan...3 titles later it seems like tanking the season (that's already lost) was worth it.

TheOgre
11-28-2006, 04:41 PM

You ever heard of a thing call "PRO-GRESS"? I don't see how that happens if our team continues to lose.

ATX_Texan
11-28-2006, 04:41 PM
No, the Texans don't need another #1 draft pick because they cannot afford it with the salary cap. Teams like the Cards and Browns are doomed because each year they are forced to overspend on unproven talent. The bad thing about #1 pick is you are very limited to the players you can take. There is some magical scale that the so-called experts come up with and only a few players are given the status of being worthy of the pick. For that reason, the Texans got stuck with a project like Mario when D-Brick or Hawke or Huff would have been much better for the team. However, these more complete players were ruled unworthy of the #1 pick. Instead, teams gamble on the greatest "potential". These picks are never a sure thing and you risk way too much money that could be used in free agency or signing your own players. The picks in the 6-15 range have just as much boom or bust risk as the top 5, but they come at a much better price. You have much more options on who you draft and better odds of making trades with other teams.

Here's hoping the Texans win just enough that they can really draft the best player for the team and not risk as much of their salary cap.

The Dream
11-28-2006, 04:52 PM
You ever heard of a thing call "PRO-GRESS"? I don't see how that happens if our team continues to lose.

and I don't see how it happens if you win a couple of meaningless (and yes they are meaningless) games at the end of the year....if we get the #1 pick we can trade it, draft the best player available, etc.....if you do the right thing with the #1 pick (which we didn't do last year) then we can finally see some improvement with this team

Hervoyel
11-28-2006, 04:55 PM
I'd really like to see this thread go away before the Raider fans get here. It's embarrassing to be discussing whether or not we want our team to "lose out" to get a higher draft pick.

Can't we just let this thread die guys? (and I know my posting this doesn't exactly help the cause)

mexican_texan
11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
If you want this team to lose on purpose, go punch yourself.

JDizzle
11-28-2006, 04:58 PM
No. That will be our 3rd 1st overall pick in 6 years. Everyone laughs at us already, but if Oakland or Arizona drafts there maybe they will get laughed at more.

Charter PSL Fan
11-28-2006, 05:00 PM
I want the Cowboys to lose the rest of their games.

AMEN to that brother

Carr Bombed
11-28-2006, 05:35 PM
and I don't see how it happens if you win a couple of meaningless (and yes they are meaningless) games at the end of the year....if we get the #1 pick we can trade it, draft the best player available, etc.....if you do the right thing with the #1 pick (which we didn't do last year) then we can finally see some improvement with this team

That is the stupidest thing ever.

These games aren't meaningless, any improvement is positive. Plus there is two much responsibility at the top and too much garanteed money, if you screw it up.....your screwed for another 3 or 4 years, which is why teams don't want to trade up there. the last two drafts teams couldn't get out of the 1 spot. I love how people say TRADE THE PICK, before they even know the market for it.

A 6-10 record is alot better than 3-13.

I also love how you automatically have come to the conclussion we screwed up last years pick.........geezz.

Double Barrel
11-28-2006, 06:07 PM
We lost the last game of the 2004 season in brutal fashion (i.e. quitting), which many fans believe turned into a snowball that ended up with a 2-14 season.

For all we know, the Texans could win the last couple of games this season and take that small momentum (and feeling) into the off-season. That little seed of confidence could pay dividends next year.

I have confidence in Kubiak & Co.'s ability to draft talent, as evidenced by the best draft we've ever had in our short history. I have absolutely no reason to doubt their ability to do the same in the 2007 draft. So it really doesn't matter where we pick.

The Dream
11-28-2006, 06:18 PM
^^^I'm sorry but I'm not buying the confidence card....this team still needs talent.....here's to a texans loss on Sunday. :dance2:

Kaiser Toro
11-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Given our history, given our current contracts and given our needs why woud we want to lose our games to get backed into getting locked into another long term contract for a rookie. Spread the wealth amongst the 53 and all ships come to port.

Moreover, losing fosters a losing mentality. Good luck to everyone's wishes I hope we win the rest as it will be a win win situation for all - winners and our loser brethern who deserve more losses rather than the winning team that is being built.

Carr Bombed
11-28-2006, 08:02 PM
^^^I'm sorry but I'm not buying the confidence card....this team still needs talent.....here's to a texans loss on Sunday. :dance2:

Your right, because tanking games and underperforming down the stretch for top 5 pick after pick has worked wonders for this team.

valleytexfan
11-29-2006, 12:40 PM
I DO NOT want the Texans to lose. I repeat, DO NOT want them to lose. I created the thread cause I already heard rumblings about quitting the Texans and waiting for next year's draft, two things that I'm not doing. Too many fickle fans already quitting on the Texans and hoping for another No. 1 pick. I agree with you guys, it would not be financially sound to have three No.1s on the roster.
GO TEXANS, blast those Raiders and D-Carr, you're going home this week, put on a show!

sleepwalker
11-29-2006, 06:04 PM
I want more wins.

Nighthawk
11-29-2006, 06:52 PM
They're going to lose most of them and will have a plenty high draft choice. Question is whether they will use it on a QB to (eventually) replace Carr, which should have been done last year.

There's something fundamentally pathetic about this team, I'm sorry to say.

DontTreadOnMe
11-30-2006, 03:46 AM
NOOO more losing.... if we get the stupid #1 pick again, im gonna be pissed. i think we can win 3 more games this season,... raiders, titans, browns... and maybe, just maybe.. take one from NE. with a 5-11 or 6-10 record,.. we will still have great picks.. please, please draft a RB, 2-3 OL, and the rest on the secondary in no particular order.

DontTreadOnMe
11-30-2006, 03:49 AM
They're going to lose most of them and will have a plenty high draft choice. Question is whether they will use it on a QB to (eventually) replace Carr, which should have been done last year.

There's something fundamentally pathetic about this team, I'm sorry to say.

carr will not be replaced.. thats the bottom line. he is capable,.. but our team will have to be a defense first team.. which makes me wonder why kubes (being an offensive minded coach) would come in here and emphasize D so much, while our offense will suffer for a significant amount of time. kinda wacky.

QB75
11-30-2006, 08:14 AM
...To get a high draft pick, ala 2005? How many peeps have thrown in the towel on the season already? I don't think I want to go through a 2005-like year again...I think the Texans can still get some Ws...thoughts?

Consider who we play: Raiders (away), Titans, Patriots (away), Colts, Browns. You pick the win. I don't see it.

We are not going to beat Oakland or New England away. We also won't beat the Titans or Colts at home. It comes down to the Browns, and they are not that bad. We have already seen our last win of 2006.

Do I want them to lose? Of course not. But I'll take another #1 pick.

FanFromCali
11-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Wow. I can't believe so many people are missing this. The team can't afford a #1 pick in the draft again. This is not "Madden Football", it would take up way too much in the salary cap.

I see the team beating the Raiders (who are in a complete tailspin at this point) and the Browns. The Titans are going to be a battle, but I think the Texans are a better team. The question is will they play like it.

(By the way, I hate the Titans and their stupid QB. I would take a loss to the Raiders if it meant the Texans would beat the garbage Titans.)

whiskeyrbl
11-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Wow. I can't believe so many people are missing this. The team can't afford a #1 pick in the draft again. This is not "Madden Football", it would take up way too much in the salary cap.

I see the team beating the Raiders (who are in a complete tailspin at this point) and the Browns. The Titans are going to be a battle, but I think the Texans are a better team. The question is will they play like it.

(By the way, I hate the Titans and their stupid QB. I would take a loss to the Raiders if it meant the Texans would beat the garbage Titans.)

I agree, if we somehow screwup and end up with the #1 no way we keep it. That would be to much on the salary cap. As a matter of fact I don't see us picking in the top 5, maybe a trade down to 9-20. But hopefully we can win 2-3 more games and get us out of this predicument.

Keyser Soze
11-30-2006, 10:59 AM
NO!

I'm sick to death of losing!

Absolutely. Given a choice of losing out, or going on a '05 Miami-like tear and finishing the year strong, I'd go for winning. Losing the last game of the season at home to the Browns is NOT the way I want to end the year.