PDA

View Full Version : Who does David Carr compare to?

Mr. White
11-27-2006, 09:44 PM
I started this thread just to try to get a feel where other Texans fans think that Carr ranks compared to other NFL QBs...starters or backups.

Not based on potential, but on results....does he compare to Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Bledsoe and Aaron Brooks?

Who is David Carr better than?
Who is David Carr worse than?

TNTitan
11-27-2006, 09:45 PM
I say Kerry Collins. Good QB but thats about it

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Powerful Dragon you have an appointment with Satan ... I'm not laughing either its a twitch .

Who is Chris Simms would be my answer if I was on Jeapordy .

powerfuldragon
11-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Powerful Dragon you have an appointment with Satan ... I'm not laughing either its a twitch .
it was the first time my cursor has hovered over the 'Submit Reply' button while i contemplated the evils i was about to suggest.

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2006, 09:57 PM
I think at this point only LYB can save you .

TexansLucky13
11-27-2006, 10:17 PM
John Elway. :hides:

powerfuldragon
11-27-2006, 10:21 PM
oh poo. i got deleted. Eh. It's not like it was unexpected.

Hookem Horns
11-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Bubby Brister. OK, that is stretching it. Bubby had some winning seasons but hey I have to give Carr the benefit of the doubt since he is still developing.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/pitt/Bristerpit.JPG

Carr Bombed
11-27-2006, 10:33 PM
Game manager

a little bit better than Kyle Orton
a little worse than Brad Johnson

in other words.....average.
He won't make the shoot in the foot mistake, but won't overcome adversity to win the game....lacks killer instinct, lacks emotion

loss after loss, "its aw shucks", needs to show fire, year 5 its time to step up and lead........lead........lead

everybody talks about the lack of leadership on defense when Glen and Sharper left, who's the leader on Offense.......whos going to step up......its time to lead.....lead.....lead. He's a vet now.....lead

mexican_texan
11-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Better than...Brad Johnson.
Worse than...Matt Shaub

Carr Bombed
11-27-2006, 10:59 PM
right now he's better than Brad Johnson

he's worse than a younger Brad Jonson

Matt Shaub has never been given any serious time to play, so we really can't say he's better or worse........though I really like Matt Shaub and really wouldn't mind making a trade, although with Vick's performances lately Atlanta might not be so free to let him go.

mexican_texan
11-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Vick is gone...the Falcons didn't trade Shaub for a reason. I doubt Vick is with the Falcons next season.

Goldeagle
11-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Better than Jake Plummer, Mike Vick, Aaron Brooks, Eli Manning, Vince Young (until VY matures), Charlie Fry, Brad Johnson, Mark Brunell(any WASH QB), and Rex Grossman (who can only throw deep), Matt Leinhert (who should light it up with those BIG WRs)

Worse than P Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers (though its nice to have L.T. as your RB), Palmer, Trent Green and Tony Romo (I gagged saying that)

Carr Bombed
11-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Better than Jake Plummer, Mike Vick, Aaron Brooks, Eli Manning, Vince Young (until VY matures), Charlie Fry, Brad Johnson, Mark Brunell(any WASH QB), and Rex Grossman (who can only throw deep), Matt Leinhert (who should light it up with those BIG WRs)

Worse than P Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers (though its nice to have L.T. as your RB), Palmer, Trent Green and Tony Romo (I gagged saying that)

In my opinion rookies should be left off the list

Lienart in year 5 is going to be ALOT better.

Young has already step into the leadership role on that team, everybody talked about his leadership comming out and its showing in the pros

Carr's problems are decision making. He plays into the D's hands. He has two great receivers he needs to look down feild more often. No I'm not talking about the deep ball, I'm talking about a 7 yard pass when you need 5, not a 2 or 3 yard pass.

It comes down to football smarts, I'll give him another year (just because of the running game and new system) but after that and he'll be entering year 7.... six years is plenty of time to show a feel for the game.

phan1
11-27-2006, 11:16 PM
You also want to keep in mind that he's a #1 pick. Fankly, I can't compare him with any other high QB draft pick. He doesn't remind me of anyone... But if I were to pick, I guess I'd say he's a better Jake Plummer.

FirstTexansFan
11-27-2006, 11:45 PM
I'd say after watching the Pittsburgh game...Ben Rothlisberger :) Amazing...from Super Bowl to "help me, I've fallen and I can't get up!" I'd point out alot of obvious things, but when the herd is ready to hang a guy, it's not gonna do alot of good :)

thunderkyss
11-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Drew Bledsoe.

thegr8fan
11-28-2006, 12:10 AM
Jeff George. all of the physical tools you could ask for in an NFL QB. Just not able to win a game on Sunday.

mexican_texan
11-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Jeff George. all of the physical tools you could ask for in an NFL QB. Just not able to win a game on Sunday.
George threw it downfield........

quicksilver
11-28-2006, 01:27 AM
From what I see, Carr has three problems--lack of field vision, subpar footwork, and a refusal to pump fake. The footwork and pump fake can be cured. I'm not sure about the field vision, but I'm willing to give Kubiak a little more time to work on that.

To address the question more directly, I see Carr as similar to Steve McNair (through most of McNair's career), with the potential to become a Trent Green.

threetoedpete
11-28-2006, 01:32 AM
I'd say after watching the Pittsburgh game...Ben Rothlisberger :) Amazing...from Super Bowl to "help me, I've fallen and I can't get up!" I'd point out alot of obvious things, but when the herd is ready to hang a guy, it's not gonna do alot of good :)

Yep the funny thing about it is, doesn't matter who it is the Houston QB is, he's always drug through the sewer. All of 'em. The next one too.

The baseball guy had a nice collumn today. Took about three years though. I guess he got over the Vince crush. What's going to happen is p-burnt in reverse.

Napa Auto Parts
11-28-2006, 02:42 AM
David Carr is better than Kyle orton
David Carr is worse than Tim couch the man at least had a winning season

tsip
11-28-2006, 02:51 AM
Carr does not throw the ball down field--is there even another QB like that in the NFL--past or present?

Mattheus_Rex
11-28-2006, 02:53 AM
Vinny Testaverde!!!

:stirpot:

He might accept a starting gig in Houston vice 3rd string in New England if ya want him.

Mr. White
11-28-2006, 11:04 AM
So it seems most people here agree that Carr would be a backup somewhere else.

I think this is the first David Carr thread I've ever started. It'll probably be the last.

the wonger need food
11-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Better than - Kyle Boller
Not as good as - Joey Harrington

TexansFanatic
11-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Trent Dilfer.

TexansLucky13
11-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Not as good as - Joey Harrington

That is complete BS. Harrington did worse in Detroit for 4 years than David Carr did in Houston. The Lions were a better team overall, and allowed only a fraction of the sacks that the Texans did.

Carr > Harrington

SESupergenius
11-28-2006, 12:20 PM
It's such a team game so I really don't know how to compare QB's unless they are in the same situations and schemes.

But I'd say Carr is not better than these:

Tom Brady
Tony Romo
Peyton Manning
Carson Palmer
Drew Brees
Damon Huard
Donovan McNabb
Philip Rivers
Marc Bulger

Everyone else he can probably play the same as or better.

real
11-28-2006, 12:23 PM
It's such a team game so I really don't know how to compare QB's unless they are in the same situations and schemes.

Tom Brady
Tony Romo
Peyton Manning
Carson Palmer
Drew Brees
Damon Huard
Donovan McNabb
Philip Rivers
Marc Bulger

So you're telling me that if you had to choose one QB to go into a game with, those are the only guys you'd choose over Carr ?

TSgt.Texan
11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Cody Carlson

kingh99
11-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Carr does not throw the ball down field--is there even another QB like that in the NFL--past or present?

The best part of DC's game is the way he sacks up and challenges the two deep zone. You have to love that about the guy. He's not afraid to throw it in there.

Wharton
11-28-2006, 01:01 PM
The way he plays the game reminds me of Brad Johnson; except Brad tends to win more games then he loses. Also, Brad has won a Super Bowl.

He's kind of a head case like Jeff George. Not that he's egotistical like George, but he has the physical tools to be great, but not the mental game.

He's kind of shell shocked like Tim Couch but not quite that bad.

So who does David Carr remind me of, well I guess he most reminds me of Trent Dilfer.

TPIMP
11-28-2006, 01:16 PM

Tom Brady
Tony Romo
Peyton Manning
Carson Palmer
Drew Brees
Damon Huard
Donovan McNabb
Philip Rivers
Marc Bulger

Wow even for Carr haters he is in the top 10. Now we are getting some perspective. Good thread.

eric138
11-28-2006, 01:26 PM
It should be asked, Which team do you think Carr would excel the best with?" Because he would be a totally different dude playing with the Colts or Cowboys

TSgt.Texan
11-28-2006, 01:27 PM
What about Vince Young, Roethlinsberger & Farve?

SESupergenius
11-28-2006, 01:27 PM
So you're telling me that if you had to choose one QB to go into a game with, those are the only guys you'd choose over Carr ?

I might add Bret Farve, but really, he hasn't done much with very little either. Look at the defenses and players around the top people. If you get anything from my comments it should be that this is a team game and that QB position is overrated to the extent that a win is all up to him.

SESupergenius
11-28-2006, 01:32 PM
What about Vince Young, Roethlinsberger & Farve?

Vince Young - Nope, he had 1 phenominal quarter but hasn't really throw too accurately and has as many TD's as INT's. the running game and defense have attributed a lot to the teams wins.

Roethisburger - inconsistant this year and is playing pretty bad.

Farve - I might put him ahead of Carr even considering how old he is.

HOU-TEX
11-28-2006, 01:34 PM
When he had longer hair, he kind of compared with this guy. lol!
http://www.bttf.com/backtalk/crispinsangels.jpg

TSgt.Texan
11-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Vince Young - Nope, he had 1 phenominal quarter but hasn't really throw too accurately and has as many TD's as INT's. the running game and defense have attributed a lot to the teams wins.

Roethisburger - inconsistant this year and is playing pretty bad.

Farve - I might put him ahead of Carr even considering how old he is.

Lets not forget BR nearly lost his life twice this year, so I would take him over Carr.

TPIMP
11-28-2006, 01:40 PM
All time? I would say Archie Manning - Never enough talent around them to get a fair shake.

Picking out of today's QB's based on current skills for the current Texans offense:

1. Payton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Drew Brees
5. Donovan McNabb
6. Marc Bulger
7. Matt Hasselbeck
8. Brett Farve
9. Trent Green
10. Steve McNair
11. Phillip Rivers
12. Tony Romo
13. Jake Delhome
14. Eli Manning
15. David Carr

TheOgre
11-28-2006, 01:49 PM
I hate to say this, but David Carr is a poor man's Trent Dilfer.

Hervoyel
11-28-2006, 01:52 PM
John Reeves. He's like John Reeves.

If there was a USFL today David could go over there and dominate that bunch just like Reeves did in Tampa Bay with the Bandits. On this side of the fence I see no evidence that David is anything more than a journeyman QB very much in the mold of his friend Trent Dilfer.

Double Barrel
11-28-2006, 01:52 PM
I agree with the Trent Dilfer comparison. Carr has a better arm but one less ring.

Should we stay with Carr, I can only hope that our main priorities in the off-season are offensive line, defense, defense, defense, and defense.

TheOgre
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
I agree with the Trent Dilfer comparison. Carr has a better arm but one less ring.

Should we stay with Carr, I can only hope that our main priorities in the off-season are offensive line, defense, defense, defense, and defense.

I wouldn't mind it being offensive line, RB, defense, defense, defense. Who is going to run the ball? We have more backup RB's than the Chicken Ranch has whores.

DeclanJr
11-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Jake Plummer

Double Barrel
11-28-2006, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't mind it being offensive line, RB, defense, defense, defense. Who is going to run the ball? We have more backup RB's than the Chicken Ranch has whores.

I can't argue with that. None of the backs we currently have seem up to the challenge of being a regular starter right now.

I think the Denver model of putting in any ol' RB has now been thoroughly tested and failed. This just in: you need a good offensive line to run the ball.

Honoring Earl 34
11-28-2006, 03:06 PM

I cannot comment ... I was to young to go to the Chicken Ranch .

ItsAJtime
11-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Has anyone had such a terrible record?

Goldeagle
11-28-2006, 04:50 PM
George threw it downfield........

Why when no one is open as said by the Announcers Vs. the Jets.

Heck Andre will just drop it lol

The Dream
11-28-2006, 05:02 PM

As much as I dislike Plummer I'll have to say Carr still isn't as good as him...lol @ him being better than Vick......I'd take anyone on this over David...Carr is at the bottom of the barrel in my books....I might take him over Johnson, but there's no way in hell I'm taking Carr over Vick, Eli, VY, Grossman, or Leinhert....I've seen things from those 5 guys that David has yet to show me....I was thinking about this very question while riding home from work the other day and I have to say that Carr is honestly one of the worst I've ever seen at the position...yes he has a good arm and he's mobile, but he would be one of the last QB's in the NFL (if not the last) that I'd pick to win me one game.

Has anyone had such a terrible record?

exactly, he has the worst winning percentage of any 5 year QB...I honestly don't see how some of you rate this guy so high.

Toycannon
11-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Dan Pastorini with the 1-13 Oilers. Maybe he will eventually come around as Pastorini did once the talent got better and especially after we got Earl.

JDizzle
11-28-2006, 05:23 PM
I saw this and had a chuckle.

The Chronicle ran the above photo of Texans quarterback David Carr today.

Isn't it pretty?

For some reason, it made me think of Anna Kournikova, a pretty player who really wasn't a great player.

Link (http://www.publiustx.net/item/2547)

The Dream
11-28-2006, 05:24 PM
lol @ Dave's new nickname.

Second Honeymoon
11-28-2006, 05:37 PM

dude that is just ignorant and blind homerism at its best. So you think Carr is in the Top10 in the NFL!!! omg that is just priceless

DontTreadOnMe
11-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Rob Johnson,.. no pocket presence, no leadership skills, will take the sack over throwing the ball away,... decent stats on paper, but no will to win or ability to make teammates better... AHHHHHHHH

johnboy
11-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Carr sets NFL record
Five years of being a loser and he is still starting. I do not mean playing, but still starting. He has started every game but two. I believe in his second year, he was hurt, plus he only has been pulled out of 1 game in five years that has to be a NFL record. I have been watching pro football over 53 years and never remember seeing another QB with his winning percentage starting after five years of getting his a** kicked. Can anyone name another QB that can match Carrs losing percentage over five years and still was a starter.

The Pencil Neck
11-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Carr sets NFL record
Five years of being a loser and he is still starting. I do not mean playing, but still starting. He has started every game but two. I believe in his second year, he was hurt, plus he only has been pulled out of 1 game in five years that has to be a NFL record. I have been watching pro football over 53 years and never remember seeing another QB with his winning percentage starting after five years of getting his a** kicked. Can anyone name another QB that can match Carrs losing percentage over five years and still was a starter.

Manning.

Imatexanfan
11-28-2006, 08:51 PM
IMO, Carr is like the Steve Young I remember when I was younger. Its just he's been sacked so many times he comes off kinda over anxious all the time which will take some time but he'll learn. :secret:

He's better than Vick:cowboy1:

A lil' bit worse than Drew Brees:dance3:

Scottyboy
11-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Better Then Me

Worse then Tony Banks

mexican_texan
11-28-2006, 09:06 PM
what Anna Kournikova? She sucks at Tennis! The only reason why she is there is because she brings in viewers.

So it is true? Only people who still like him have a man crush on him.
Like David Carr, she was better at a lower level of competition. She's a model, hopefully David will leave football to join her soon.

johnboy
11-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Manning.

Get your faxs right before you post.
Carrs won 21 games first five years
Manning won 42 games first five years
You wre not even close

skillz24
11-29-2006, 12:58 AM
i have seen carr throw 60 yard balls in the air and hit his recievers in perfect stride...i have also seen the same guy try to force the ball threw DBs to get to recievers.

Carr is better than Eli Manning, Matt Hasslebeck, Phillip Rivers, etc.
Carr is worse than Brady, Manning, etc.

i can go on and on right now...but Carr has a better chance at getting a superbowl ring being better than average than Manning(Peyton) ever will being great. I would compare Manning to Marino but Peyton has to make it to the Superbowl first.

DeclanJr
11-29-2006, 05:58 AM
i have seen carr throw 60 yard balls in the air and hit his recievers in perfect stride...i have also seen the same guy try to force the ball threw DBs to get to recievers.

i can go on and on right now...but Carr has a better chance at getting a superbowl ring being better than average than Manning(Peyton) ever will being great. I would compare Manning to Marino but Peyton has to make it to the Superbowl first.

Carr isn't better than any of the quarterbacks you have listed...nice try

MrMeToo
11-29-2006, 07:18 AM
You can compare Carr to second string QBs becaus he is worse than 99% of all starters...

ArlingtonTexan
11-29-2006, 07:46 AM
Get your faxs right before you post.
Carrs won 21 games first five years
Manning won 42 games first five years
You wre not even close

I would assume he was talking about Archie manning.

skillz24
11-29-2006, 11:56 AM
why is it a nice try? look at the surrounding cast around all of those quarterbacks espeacially their offensive lines. Eli has Tiki Barber and Brandon Jacobs, Phillip Rivers has LT and Micheal Turner, Matt Hasslebeck has Shaun Alexander...and we all saw how great he was without Shaun, we have had Jonathon Wells, Dominick Davis, Wali Lundy, Vernand Morency, Ron Dayne and Sam Gado. There is no comparision why i think carr is better...he wins without a runningback, get rid of their backs and none of them will have any chance of winning a football game even with good offensive lines.

Manning, Brady, and Favre are few of the talented individuals in the league who find ways to win without a good running cast. so why isn't carr better?
he fights his heart out every week and is consistant with his play no matter who is on the field with him.

I see Carr now and I see the potential he has, with a couple more weapons surrounding him on offense and alot of defensive help in the secondary we will be conteding with Indy and Jacksonville for our division and soon playoffs.

Honoring Earl 34
11-29-2006, 12:03 PM
what Anna Kournikova? She sucks at Tennis! The only reason why she is there is because she brings in viewers.

So it is true? Only people who still like him have a man crush on him.

I have to step in on this and defend Anna . What if she had never played tennis . What if she just became another mail order bride .... wait I'll be back .

Hulk75
11-29-2006, 12:15 PM

Yea he is.

bah007
11-29-2006, 12:21 PM

You think that Eli Manning is a better QB than Carr?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you either:
A.) grew up or lived in Mississippi (where Eli played), Tennessee (where Peyton & Archie played), or New Orleans (where Archie played).
OR
B.) watch too much Eli hype on ESPN.

Kaiser Toro
11-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Carr is like no other QB I have ever seen on any team, I have been a fan of or took interest in. He is unique.

QB75
11-29-2006, 12:40 PM
I started this thread just to try to get a feel where other Texans fans think that Carr ranks compared to other NFL QBs...starters or backups.

Not based on potential, but on results....does he compare to Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Bledsoe and Aaron Brooks?

Who is David Carr better than?
Who is David Carr worse than?

No, you started this thread because it is inflammatory.

The fact is that he ranks in about the middle of the league's starters, which isn't bad given that he spent 4 years under a poor defensively-oriented head coach, with no QB coach and no veteran back up. His QB rating has improved this year as the running game has improved. Hopefully he will continue to be the starter.

Mr. White
11-29-2006, 12:48 PM
No, you started this thread because it is inflammatory.

No, I'm pretty sure that I started the thread for the reasons that I gave in the post you quoted. If you think it's inflammatory, then that's your problem.

Unlike some, I don't really have an agenda on this board. The only agenda that I have is for the Texans to win more games.

I don't care who starts or who doesn't to make that happen.

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 02:44 PM
he fights his heart out every week and is consistant with his play no matter who is on the field with him. .

Consistently what? The only thing he is consistent at is playing consistently bad football.

doug ftw

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Carr is like no other QB I have ever seen on any team, I have been a fan of or took interest in. He is unique.

Uniquely what? uniquely bad? :)

I had to, KT..couldnt resist

doug ftw

HOU-TEX
11-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Unlike some, I don't really have an agenda on this board. The only agenda that I have is for the Texans to win more games.

Quoted due to total agreement.

Second Honeymoon
11-29-2006, 03:14 PM
No, I'm pretty sure that I started the thread for the reasons that I gave in the post you quoted. If you think it's inflammatory, then that's your problem.

QFT

the wonger need food
11-29-2006, 04:21 PM

I'll take 2 of whatever this guy is on.

DeclanJr
11-29-2006, 06:22 PM
why is it a nice try? look at the surrounding cast around all of those quarterbacks espeacially their offensive lines. Eli has Tiki Barber and Brandon Jacobs, Phillip Rivers has LT and Micheal Turner, Matt Hasslebeck has Shaun Alexander...and we all saw how great he was without Shaun, we have had Jonathon Wells, Dominick Davis, Wali Lundy, Vernand Morency, Ron Dayne and Sam Gado. There is no comparision why i think carr is better...he wins without a runningback, get rid of their backs and none of them will have any chance of winning a football game even with good offensive lines.

Manning, Brady, and Favre are few of the talented individuals in the league who find ways to win without a good running cast. so why isn't carr better?
he fights his heart out every week and is consistant with his play no matter who is on the field with him.

I see Carr now and I see the potential he has, with a couple more weapons surrounding him on offense and alot of defensive help in the secondary we will be conteding with Indy and Jacksonville for our division and soon playoffs.

Maybe I shouldn't have added the "nice try" crack, but I guess that is just the smart azz in me coming out. I just feel strongly that the quarterbacks you have listed as worse than Carr actually have far superior skills and leadership qualities compared to Carr. The guy took 54 attempts to get 320 yards...only the 4th time in his career to pass over 300 yds.

Manning has had a bad few weeks and yes ESPN talks about the Giants a lot b/c of the NY bias, but lately they have been saying that he is losing confidence and showing his picks over and over. Does Carr get scrutinized nationally like that? I think not. Manning beat the Cowboys, we got torched. Yes, we both lost to Tennessee, but the Giants owned that game until the
4th quarter. I can't explain the Jags phenomenon, and I don't think anyone else can either. We certainly didn't win those games because Carr put up a bunch of points.

Hasselback has played in fewer games and has thrown for more TD's. I'll give you that Philip Rivers is overrated and playing with the MVP behind him, but the guy has more upside potential. Also, ust looking at stats, Rivers has more passing yards, more TD's and fewer interceptions.

Back to the thread, I would say that Rex Grossman, Gradkowski and Young(right now) are worse than Carr.

Dr. Toro
11-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Carr is incomparable and he seems to have a new issue each year:

2002- Sacks&INTS (to be expected)
2003- Bad TD/INT (not unexpected) but no sacks, passing improving
2004-Inconsistent (great weeks 2-7, ineffective in the 2nd half)
2005- Unproductive (YPA drops by 2 full yards, sacks go up)
2006- Accurate, inconsistent production, too many turnovers/not making enough plays.

With Carr, it definitely seems to be 1 step forward, 1 step back. At this point in his career, I have no idea who he is and so I can't tell you who he compares to. He's got a great arm and good speed, but neither generates "plays" or puts pressure on opposing defenses. Maybe he can piece together some winning seasons doing a Plummer/Dilfer thing, but I've got no idea at this point. He's an enigma to me. I wonder if Kubiak has him figured out?

mexican_texan
11-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Carr compares to Quinton Porter on a day with gale winds, sleet, snow, 24 Urlachers and Jason Taylors running around the field...and brimstone falling from the sky...if Carr were playing against the Texans' DBs, that is. Quinton rules.

wenskek
11-29-2006, 08:56 PM

this is the funniest/craziest post i have ever seen. CARR IS NOT AND WILL NOT EVER BE BETTER THAN MATT HASSLEBECK, PHILLIP RIVERS, AND ELI MANNING.

bah007
11-29-2006, 09:01 PM
this is the funniest/craziest post i have ever seen. CARR IS NOT AND WILL NOT EVER BE BETTER THAN MATT HASSLEBECK, PHILLIP RIVERS, AND ELI MANNING.

No way is Eli Manning better than Carr.

No chance.

Kaiser Toro
11-29-2006, 09:52 PM

What is the proper way to read this post? Should I believe only what is in upper case and take the lower case preface to be fiction and manifesting itself as inferior? Or should I low talk the first sentence and straight into a nauseated Barry Gibb? Hasselbecks, Rivers and Mannings, oh my. :mario3:

dtran04
11-29-2006, 09:55 PM
I can bet that NY hates Eli more than Houston hates David Carr.

Honoring Earl 34
11-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Don't try an Andy Gibb .

MrMeToo
11-29-2006, 10:02 PM
No way is Eli Manning better than Carr.

No chance.

Yes he is...:texan:

QB75
11-29-2006, 10:15 PM

Yes, he is. Try again yourself.