PDA

View Full Version : Texans Grades.

NFLforher
11-27-2006, 08:13 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texans/grades/4360967.html

Quarterback
After the Texans trailed 26-3, David Carr was 17-of-24 for 162 yards and a touchdown against a defense that ranked 29th.

Grade: F

Running backs
Against a run defense that ranked 29th, the Texans rushed for 25 yards, 11 by Wali Lundy and 4 by Samkon Gado. They also dropped passes.

Receivers
Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds combined for 20 catches and 177 yards. Tight end Owen Daniels had five catches.

Offensive line
The running game averaged 1.8 yards a carry. David Carr was sacked four times, although the line is supposed to have help on pass protection.

Defensive line
Thomas Johnson became the fourth linemen to be on the sideline, but they still did an outstanding job against the run.

Grade: C

Linebackers
DeMeco Ryans was all over the field with 14 tackles. Morlon Greenwood had nine.

Grade: B

Secondary
The defensive backs allowed two 100-yard receivers. Demarcus Faggins was beaten on a touchdown pass.

Grade: D

Special teams

Kris Brown kicked a 47-yard field goal. Chad Stanley had a 41.8-yard net but fumbled to set up a field goal. Coverage was terrific.

Coaching
The coaches have to accept as much blame as the players for the Texans' latest debacle.

Can a QB change fix all of this?

Runner
11-27-2006, 08:22 PM
You had me going there - for almost the whole time I read your post I thought it was about the team. Your zinger in the last line really got me.

axman40
11-27-2006, 08:26 PM
TEXANS- F

:hairpull:

dtran04
11-27-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm curious as to how the secondary can get a D. Two 100 yard receivers and yet they still get a "passing" grade. That's just terrible.

bah007
11-27-2006, 08:51 PM
I now discount everything McClain says about the Texans.

I'm not even sure if the guy knows anything about football.

utahmark
11-27-2006, 10:52 PM

Quarterback
After the Texans trailed 26-3, David Carr was 17-of-24 for 162 yards and a touchdown against a defense that ranked 29th.

Running backs
Against a run defense that ranked 29th, the Texans rushed for 25 yards, 11 by Wali Lundy and 4 by Samkon Gado. They also dropped passes.

Receivers
Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds combined for 20 catches and 177 yards. Tight end Owen Daniels had five catches.

Offensive line
The running game averaged 1.8 yards a carry. David Carr was sacked four times, although the line is supposed to have help on pass protection.

Defensive line
Thomas Johnson became the fourth linemen to be on the sideline, but they still did an outstanding job against the run.

Linebackers

Secondary
The defensive backs allowed two 100-yard receivers. Demarcus Faggins was beaten on a touchdown pass.

Special teams

Kris Brown kicked a 47-yard field goal. Chad Stanley had a 41.8-yard net but fumbled to set up a field goal. Coverage was terrific.

Coaching
The coaches have to accept as much blame as the players for the Texans' latest debacle.

that looks like my son's report card.

Goldeagle
11-27-2006, 11:05 PM
I now discount everything McClain says about the Texans.

I'm not even sure if the guy knows anything about football.

I sure as heck did a few weeks ago, he needs to go wash his womans...

Big78
11-28-2006, 01:50 AM
How do the recievers get an F when 2 combine for 177 yards, but then the secondary allow 2 100 yard recievers and get a D?

HJam72
11-28-2006, 06:43 AM

Quarterback

Incomplete. Is anyone actually getting open deep until the D backs up even more?

Running backs

Totally agree.

Receivers

Incomplete. They can't get open deep because the D is deep. Our running game SHOULD be taking advantage of it.

Offensive line

Totally agree.

Defensive line

I'll say C+

Linebackers

OK

Secondary

F-, very close to 0 (AGAIN!). It's not Faggins' fault. He's a nickel-corner and shouldn't be starting.

Special teams

F The Stanley fumble just plain gets them an F.

Coaching

I'm not touching that one.

ABSOLFREAKINGLOOTLY NOT. Blocking schemes are wrong, the RBs suck, Salaam sucks (at least in his current condition), we have no FS or #2 CB, AJ drops the ball too much (although that's not our biggest problem), our OLBs suck for the most part, we are lacking at DT, our Full-backs are not good enough run-blockers, and our O-line is just generally under-talented. I would add to that that I am getting the impression that Moulds is not fast enough anymore. He is starting to seem like a really good possession receiver to me, but I could be wrong about that.

aj.
11-28-2006, 07:04 AM

No, but theoretically a QB change could affect the QB grade. And the WR grade...

Are you saying that all the other 'bad kids in the class' are causing yours to get bad grades too?

TheOgre
11-28-2006, 07:11 AM
that looks like my son's report card.

Hopefully your son makes an "A" in metal shop. :tease:

dalemurphy
11-28-2006, 08:46 AM
So, if Carr gets an "F" for throwing one pick and completing 70% of his passes for over 300 yards, what is his grade against Tennessee last month, or in a game when his throws are irratic and he throws 3 picks. I guess McClain just skips the B's, C's, D's for the Qb position. What an *****!