PDA

View Full Version : 5 Long Years

titan hater
11-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Well, its been 5 years and where are we as fans? To me the most disheartning thing about the Texans is that we are in the middle of the 5th year and the most we can look forward to is the off season. My evidence is in the posts...Things like "who should we draft?" or "who should we sign?" Maybe its just me but I have not been this down since Al Del Greco left town...

Are you all feeling as low as I am?

TheCD
11-27-2006, 05:06 PM
The season was dissapointing but fine with me until yesterday's loss. I think that game is going to make these next couple of weeks difficult to bear, especially if we don't win. And if we lose to the Raiders, I don't know how I will sleep at night...

brewhaus
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Well, its been 5 years and where are we as fans? To me the most disheartning thing about the Texans is that we are in the middle of the 5th year and the most we can look forward to is the off season. My evidence is in the posts...Things like "who should we draft?" or "who should we sign?" Maybe its just me but I have not been this down since Al Del Greco left town...

Are you all feeling as low as I am?

Down...but not out! We still have a shot at kicking Tennessee's a** once this year and I am by no means ready to throw in the towel.
The Titans got lucky on Sunday, and them sucka's are going down on December 10th.
:homer:

valleytexfan
11-27-2006, 05:24 PM
7-9 baby!! Not giving up...it's still better than watching last year's car wreck...this year isn't GREAT, but it's better than last year.

HomeBred_Texan
11-27-2006, 05:38 PM
7-9 baby!! Not giving up...it's still better than watching last year's car wreck...this year isn't GREAT, but it's better than last year.

Amen, plus the Dr upped my valiums from 5mg to 10mgs LOL. I can handle anything...

valleytexfan
11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Amen, plus the Dr upped my valiums from 5mg to 10mgs LOL. I can handle anything...

:ok: :muscles:

Double Barrel
11-27-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm numb, ambivalent, and just shy of bitter right now. :howdy:

I'll keep renewing my season tickets, enjoying the tailgating, yada yada yada, but I won't have an emotional investment with the team until they start acting in a manner that allows us to hope that they can compete week in and week out.

Right now the losses don't even sting, because I can't/don't expect them to win. It's when your team gets to a point that they should be consistently winning that you start to allow hope, and at that point you're setting yourself up for The Great Disappointment or the euphoria of a lifetime.

21 wins in five years will do that to a fan. Don't blame me for my apathy. :shades:

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 05:52 PM
McNair needs to bring in an astrologist ala The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh to change this team's fortunes. Well maybe the Exorcist is more appropriate.

hollywood_texan
11-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Actually, I am beginning to not think it such a bad thing. I don't get nervous watching the games and I know what to expect.

Then, I get to see Peyton Manning and Vince Young play every year at Reliant and I alreay knows what is going to happen.

You can't get everything you want out of life, be happy with what you got!

I saw both of Vince Young's performances at the Rose Bowl and that should tide me over some time.

jjjezebel
11-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Did anyone really think that our first year with a head coach who's never done this before, and is bringing an entirely new system to town, was actually going to get us to the playoffs his first year? :rolleyes:

Granted, I expected a little more than what I've seen this year, but c'mon!

As for Carr, you can't undo four years of poor coaching in one year. So I'm sitting back this year, giving it all time to ferment, and not raising my expectations to ridiculously high levels. That's the easiest way to stave off disappointment.

hollywood_texan
11-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Did anyone really think that our first year with a head coach who's never done this before, and is bringing an entirely new system to town, was actually going to get us to the playoffs his first year? :rolleyes:

Granted, I expected a little more than what I've seen this year, but c'mon!

As for Carr, you can't undo four years of poor coaching in one year. So I'm sitting back this year, giving it all time to ferment, and not raising my expectations to ridiculously high levels. That's the easiest way to stave off disappointment.

I see where your coming from, but what about the Saints?

Oh, I am sorry, they took Reggie Bush...

run-david-run
11-27-2006, 07:13 PM
I see where your coming from, but what about the Saints?

Oh, I am sorry, they took Reggie Bush...

So Reggie is responsible for them winning a few games? The fact they were 8-8 pre Katrina with Aaron Brooks as their starting QB has no bearing on their performance this season?

tsip
11-27-2006, 07:40 PM

...as long as your expectations are low--didn't most posters think we'd have a winning team this year, many even thinking we'd be in the playoffs?? I remember one poster saying that hiring Kubiak alone meant 5 wins,,,

...same posters started by saying give the team till mid season to 'strut' their stuff-then our entire first yr...maybe half of next year, too--no, better make it our entire 2nd year---nope, maybe we'll be a winning team in 2 or 3 years...huh, I'm not real sure, maybe---

...anybody remember the 'heated mud slinging' debates we had last year about whether or not '06 was a rebuilding Year???

"Hell,no, we're not rebuilding. Damn, don't you morons understand we just need a 'tweak' here and there and we're on our way---look out, Super Bowl, here we come,',,,,,notttttttttttttttt:tease: :crying:

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Since everyone has been called a moron can we now just take it as a known characteristic and spice up our posts with more substance and less name calling?

aj.
11-27-2006, 07:55 PM
This feels just like the 82-86 dark era.

Wharton
11-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Oddly enough, I'm optomistic about our future.

Yes this year sucks rocks. But compared to last year, when I really hated life, itís great. Last year most my post were about how bad Carr, Capers and Casserly were. This year itís only about Carr. For me thatís an improvement.

I have faith in our new coach and GM. I posted early on that these were my guys and low and behold we got them.

I also have faith that DC will be out at the end of the year. Again, I see this as an improvement. No, itís not going to solve all our problem, but itís a step in the right direction.

I'm optimistic because we had a great draft and I think we'll have another one next year.

I guess the final reason I'm optimistic is because I didn't buy the preseason hype that this was going to be a winning team this year. I predicted 5 wins this year. Granted I would like to see better team moral and more effort then what we put forward the past two games, but we should beat LA, Tennessee and Cleveland.

This team is making strides forward. We get a cover safety and heal up on the DL, our D is looking real good. Another OL and an experienced QB and we will take some more strides forward.

The biggest thing we need is veteran leadership. Something we have been missing since Sharper and Coleman left the team. I really think if we can get someone in here to help Moulds with the leadership, it will be another stride forward.

Again, I admit it, we suck rocks now. But thatís no reason not to be optimistic.

:fans:

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Spot on Wharton. I had us at 6-10, but 4 to 5 wins are looking right and the future is looking bright. This year ain't like last year, in fact like no other year as we are seeing guys grow up (improve) incrementally through the season.

TNTitan
11-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Down...but not out! We still have a shot at kicking Tennessee's a** once this year and I am by no means ready to throw in the towel.
The Titans got lucky on Sunday, and them sucka's are going down on December 10th.
:homer:

hahahahahahahahahahahahah:chicken:

Specnatz
11-27-2006, 10:56 PM
I know there are a lot of Carr haters but I have always thought about watching any and all games I can and making a judgement after the season not during. Emotions getin the way of making sound and logical statements.

Wharton, I know you hate Carr but at least you have some sense about your post regarding your displeasure, it sure beats the carr sucks, that is all .... post. Which any 5 year old can write.

All I wanted from this year is shown improvements from each player on the team and the coaching staff. I do give Kubiak a free pass this year because of being with a new team and trying to install his scheme. He also he has to evaluate all the players to see who is not what he thought they were just by watching game film of Capers pathic schemes.

I thought maybe 5 wins at the beginning of the year, and after beating the Jags twice I thought 7 or 8 wims was very well in reach but the last two weeks has drowned that back down to 5 wins, with a shot at 6 wins at the most. If the Texans do not beat the titans and the raiders now, I will be extremely irked.

threetoedpete
11-28-2006, 02:44 AM
Thanks troll. How could you possibly take delight in our season of frustration and suffering ?
What kind of bottom feeder are you ? Why don't you go find a cat to set on fire and really have a hoot ? There is no possible way you're from Tennessee. You'd be the first a-hole one I've ever known. Just no way troll. Fill out your pub card coward.

Yeah I'm pretty low. It started when Spencer went down and it's been down hill since then. I'm guilty as charged. The only way I can deal with it is to look for a light for next season. I know what's coming and it isn't going to be prety.

Mattheus_Rex
11-28-2006, 02:47 AM
I really didn't expect much out of this season. I don't care who you are, you can't take dog crap and make cookies just by changing the chef. I'm patient enough to wait another season or two.

shinerbock_girl
11-28-2006, 05:37 AM
I'm numb, ambivalent, and just shy of bitter right now. :howdy:

I'll keep renewing my season tickets, enjoying the tailgating, yada yada yada, but I won't have an emotional investment with the team until they start acting in a manner that allows us to hope that they can compete week in and week out.

Right now the losses don't even sting, because I can't/don't expect them to win. It's when your team gets to a point that they should be consistently winning that you start to allow hope, and at that point you're setting yourself up for The Great Disappointment or the euphoria of a lifetime.

21 wins in five years will do that to a fan. Don't blame me for my apathy. :shades:

Well i don't have any expectations right now because of how dissappointing they've been..I have the same attitude as you....I'm just going to enjoy the tailgating, enjoy watching a game...I don't want to invest in season tickets till i can see some major improvements with this team...They already have that look of defeat before they even play...No fire at all...Now thats really frustrating to watch...