PDA

View Full Version : Sage And Flanagan Gone!!!

texflex513
11-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted. Just when you think it cant get any worse.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4362691.html

shinerbock_girl
11-27-2006, 05:00 PM
So do you think Kubiak will go after Plummer???...I mean he's going to be the back up anyways...

Runner
11-27-2006, 05:07 PM
So do you think Kubiak will go after Plummer???...I mean he's going to be the back up anyways...

I think Denver values him in case Cutler doesn't work out. No trade.

Meloy
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Let's go Hodgdon! At least the back ups can get experience of the D line blowing past them.

texflex513
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
So do you think Kubiak will go after Plummer???...I mean he's going to be the back up anyways... I assume van pelt would be our best option right now as for plummer im not sure...man this sucks!!!!!!!!!!

shinerbock_girl
11-27-2006, 05:09 PM

Houston we got a problem!!!!!!!!!

thunderkyss
11-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Well, without Flanagan, we'll probably start running the ball well. He was our worst offensive lineman.

Doesn't matter about Sage, he wasn't going to play anyway.

shinerbock_girl
11-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, without Flanagan, we'll probably start running the ball well. He was our worst offensive lineman.

Doesn't matter about Sage, he wasn't going to play anyway.

But with our luck already, can Carr stay healthy...

Hervoyel
11-27-2006, 05:17 PM

Exactly. Plummer is Denvers veteran backup now and so he won't be available until after the end of the year if at all. We also don't know if they'll try and keep him around ala Neil O'Donnell or just let him walk.

No help is coming from Denver this year.

We'll miss Flanagan more I think. Hodgdon needs to get in there and lay claim to the starting position. It's time for him to step up and prove that he's supposed to be our starting center (or at least a reasonable facsimile of one).

It would be nice to see him lock that job down over the next 5 games. I don't expect it to happen (my expectations are pretty limited with this bunch) but it would be nice to see him do it.

mexican_texan
11-27-2006, 05:21 PM
A poster from Denver said that he had a source that said Plummer was asking to be cut so that he could be reunited with Kubiak. However, I doubt Denver just lets him walk, right now, IF true.

JDizzle
11-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Reunited and it feels so good ... NOT! Guys, lets all just agree that trading away draft picks for a guy who just got his spot taken by a rookie while his team is in a division race is not a good idea.

profan
11-27-2006, 05:29 PM
no way i see denver cutting plummer at this stage. i really don't want to see him here, however, if anyone would know if plummer is better than carr, it would be kubiak. i really just see them as being close to equal.

Hervoyel
11-27-2006, 05:30 PM
I never said anything about trading away a draft pick. I'd take Plummer as my starter next season if it meant I could get a 3 or even a 4 for Carr but I wouldn't send Denver a thing for rights to Jake Plummer. Isn't his contract there up after this season anyway?

real
11-27-2006, 05:33 PM
I never said anything about trading away a draft pick. I'd take Plummer as my starter next season if it meant I could get a 3 or even a 4 for Carr but I wouldn't send Denver a thing for rights to Jake Plummer. Isn't his contract there up after this season anyway?

I'd pick up Plummer and trade Carr for a third or fourth rounder in a heartbeat....

thunderkyss
11-27-2006, 05:35 PM
no way i see denver cutting plummer at this stage. i really don't want to see him here, however, if anyone would know if plummer is better than carr, it would be kubiak. i really just see them as being close to equal.

That's not going to happen. If Plummer comes here, David will start. David hasn't been starting because he is the better QB, David is starting because he is our future at QB. That will not change if we manage to get Brady or Peyton Manning on our roster.

David is our future, and Kubiak is & will treat him that way.

Lucky
11-27-2006, 05:37 PM
...if it meant I could get a 3 or even a 4 for Carr...
Wait until Casserly gets another GM gig and we'll get a 1st & a 2nd!

Who starts the obligatory "Van Pelt should start" thread?

the wonger need food
11-27-2006, 05:37 PM

A couple of years ago David was our future. Unfortunately, he's our present and our win/loss record is a direct reflection of that. He'll be our past in 2009... which can't get here soon enough.

Tailgate
11-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Is there an injury rankings??? We might be number one in something atleast.

Hervoyel
11-27-2006, 05:39 PM
I think you will be proven wrong on this thunderkyss. I think this season David has turned a corner but it's not the one anyone wanted to see. I think he'll probably make it another year but he's already a lame duck in the eyes of many.

He's Tim Couch waiting to happen.

David is our past and our past is one of consistent losing. He'll always be associated with that here and would have to literally transform into another Peyton Manning to be thought of in any other manner.

the wonger need food
11-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Is there an injury rankings??? We might be number one in something atleast.

We're not using that as an excuse again this year. This is just a bad football team and it has nothing to do with injuries.

the wonger need food
11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
He's Tim Couch waiting to happen.

I think Couch's numbers were better. At least his winning % was.

JDizzle
11-27-2006, 05:42 PM

I should have quoted in my post, I was referencing someone else's statement, not yours. My bad.:shades:

Houston_Fanatic
11-27-2006, 09:25 PM
When did Flanagan break his ribs? I don't remember seeing him leave the game, or did he stay in?

DenverBorn
11-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Hasn't Chad Stanley been the holder? When did that change? Anyway, if you are going to use a QB as a holder, tell him to stay the hell away unless absolutely necessary. I didn't see the play, did Rosenfels really need to get involved?

Second Honeymoon
11-27-2006, 09:37 PM
That really sucks. Hope Mike and Sage can get healthy in time for next training camp.

Doug ftw

Runner
11-27-2006, 09:41 PM
That really sucks. Hope Mike and Sage can get healthy in time for next training camp.

Doug ftw

Assuming Flanagan wants to come back to the Texans.

Second Honeymoon
11-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Was it only a one year deal? I thought it was a 2-3 year deal. If it was just a one year deal we need to do everything we can to bring him back. Much less pressure up the middle this year when he is in there.

doug ftw

Runner
11-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Was it only a one year deal? I thought it was a 2-3 year deal. If it was just a one year deal we need to do everything we can to bring him back. Much less pressure up the middle this year when he is in there.

doug ftw

I don't know - I seem to recall it was a two year deal but I'm as likely wrong as right about that.

He might retire rather than do this again though. I'm not sure he realized what he was signing up for.

Tailgate
11-27-2006, 10:17 PM
We're not using that as an excuse again this year. This is just a bad football team and it has nothing to do with injuries.

Its pretty simple.. the more injuries a team has, the worse they typically get. Meaning without these injuries the Texans are a BETTER BAD TEAM.

Losing Spencer hurt whether you want to admit it or not. A bad team like the Texans could not afford to lose starters in an already bad, thin line.

Runner
11-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Losing Spencer hurt whether you want to admit it or not. A bad team like the Texans could not afford to lose starters in an already bad, thin line.

The Spencer injury hurt more than it should have because of the decisions the coaches made in its aftermath.

However, even if Spencer would have played every down I doubt the Texans would be running for 4.5 yards a carry, passing downfield on seven step drops, and scoring 24 points a game.

texflex513
11-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Hasn't Chad Stanley been the holder? When did that change? Anyway, if you are going to use a QB as a holder, tell him to stay the hell away unless absolutely necessary. I didn't see the play, did Rosenfels really need to get involved?
Stanley cut his hand earlier in the week and had his fingers taped so kubiak decided to go with sage to hold before the game.

Runner
11-27-2006, 10:25 PM
I didn't see the play, did Rosenfels really need to get involved?

I was glad to see someone on the Texans trying so hard. All of the players should be so involved in every play.

nunusguy
11-27-2006, 10:36 PM
I thought the Texans OL had its best stretch last year when Hodgdon was starting,
then he went down with a season ending injury. I dunno, maybe it was because about the same time Chester went to LT, or McKinney, a liability at center, was moved to guard when Hodgdon came in. But I'm glad Hodgdon will get another shot as the starter. Only a second year player, we need a lot
of guys in that age group to replace this aging crew.

mexican_texan
11-27-2006, 10:39 PM
McKinney must feel like crap...

Sportsfan
11-27-2006, 11:03 PM
To whoever speculated about Van Pelt- Your right. Kubiak was on the radio today and said they are indeed bringing in Bradlee Van Pelt. He said he is a big physical guy w/a rocket arm who knows the system well and is confident in him being a backup.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=35826

MrMeToo
11-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Sage with a broken hand>>>>Carr.:cool:

shinerbock_girl
11-28-2006, 06:55 AM
I can honestly say i have NO clue what to expect from Van Pelt...Just never heard much about him....

HJam72
11-28-2006, 07:16 AM
McKinney must feel like crap...

As a center, he is crap.

aj.
11-28-2006, 07:35 AM
But he is a great American.

SAMURAITEXAN
11-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Crap is OK. Crab is the one I can do without.

edo783
11-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Van Pelt has a big arm, can run, but is not very accurate and a wild man in the decision making department. Entertaining to watch, but not one to count on IMO.

Snapple
11-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Bradlee Van Pelt is a crap QB. He's only being brought in because he knows Kubiak, and because we're incredibly desperate for a backup QB.

This is why it was stupid to only have two QBs on the roster to begin with.

Texan_Bill
11-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Bradlee Van Pelt is a crap QB. He's only being brought in because he knows Kubiak, and because we're incredibly desperate for a backup QB.

This is why it was stupid to only have two QBs on the roster to begin with.

Very, very, true on ALL points!! But really, who expects their back-up QB getting injured while on special teams as a holder for a field goal...??

aj.
11-28-2006, 01:19 PM
David is our past and our past is one of consistent losing. He'll always be associated with that here and would have to literally transform into another Peyton Manning to be thought of in any other manner.

This is kind of how people felt about Pastorini after his first couple of seasons here...until Sid Gilman came in, rescued his career and turned him into a good QB. Then most everyone liked him. DC's problem is that his losing tenure is now twice as long as Dante's and the rescuer may be too late.

whiskeyrbl
11-28-2006, 01:26 PM

Well they sure don't help matters, what is that 4 OL out for the year? I know we are bad or were going to be, but Jesus you can't even get any continuity between the players because they are dropping like republicans in office.

threetoedpete
11-28-2006, 01:30 PM
That's not going to happen. If Plummer comes here, David will start. David hasn't been starting because he is the better QB, David is starting because he is our future at QB. That will not change if we manage to get Brady or Peyton Manning on our roster.

We get it you don't like DC.

SESupergenius
11-28-2006, 01:35 PM
This is kind of how people felt about Pastorini after his first couple of seasons here...until Sid Gilman came in, rescued his career and turned him into a good QB. Then most everyone liked him. DC's problem is that his losing tenure is now twice as long as Dante's and the rescuer may be too late.

It doesn't help Carr's cause when a local football hero wins the college national championship and is not drafted by his hometowns professional team AND gets drafted by a division rival. :homer: DOH!

I have no doubt that Vince Young would not be 4-4 with the Texans, but really, would it have made that much difference to let Carr go and draft Young? It would have been a fan favorite and a solid marketing decision, but we still would not be winning.

Ibar_Harry
11-28-2006, 07:34 PM
"General manager Rick Smith said Ferens resigned for personal reasons."

This might be the biggest story of the article. Something is wrotten in Denmark as they say. All we pickup are ex-Denver players. Moulds was the exception, and it would appear, the only realy addition to this ball club from the outside. Folks we just may have bigger problems than last year and they are just now beginning to surface. Some others are beginning to see the light at this site. Me thinks Kubiak is not what we thought. Again, that is not something I thought I would have to say about this man. The Wand decision among others is starting to look real big.

thunderkyss
11-28-2006, 08:37 PM
"General manager Rick Smith said Ferens resigned for personal reasons."

This might be the biggest story of the article. Something is wrotten in Denmark as they say. All we pickup are ex-Denver players. Moulds was the exception, and it would appear, the only realy addition to this ball club from the outside. Folks we just may have bigger problems than last year and they are just now beginning to surface. Some others are beginning to see the light at this site. Me thinks Kubiak is not what we thought. Again, that is not something I thought I would have to say about this man. The Wand decision among others is starting to look real big.

Wow....... talk about reading between the lines.

Did Anthony Weaver ever play for Denver?? I doubt there are many defensive players that takes more snaps than Weaver.

How 'bout Lionel Dalton?? He ever play for Denver??

Thomas Johnson?? Denver??

Dexter Wynn?? Denver??

Gus Scott, he must have come from Denver...

Dexter Mcleon?? Von Hutchins?? N.D. Kalu?? Anthony Maddox??

Brad Bedell?? Mike Flanagan?? Kevin Walter?? Sage Rosenfels?? Vonta Leach?? Jameel Cook?? Sam Gado??

Counting VanPelt, we've only got three ex Broncos on the roster today.

Besides, it is not uncommon for a coach to bring in players he is familiar with. Look at the Cowboys, and count how many players had played with Parcells from other teams. It's a sign of a good coach.

mexican_texan
11-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Yes, Dalton is from Denver.

thunderkyss
11-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Yes, Dalton is from Denver.

Baltimore for his first 4 years...... Denver one year... Redskins the year after that, then two years in Kansas City.......

yeah, I guess he came from Denver....

Blu
11-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Time to throw Drew Hodgdon back into the fire... think about the future.

McKinney is a decent back up..but his years are #'ed.:shades:

Ibar_Harry
11-29-2006, 02:52 AM
Wow....... talk about reading between the lines.

Did Anthony Weaver ever play for Denver?? I doubt there are many defensive players that takes more snaps than Weaver.

How 'bout Lionel Dalton?? He ever play for Denver??

Thomas Johnson?? Denver??

Dexter Wynn?? Denver??

Gus Scott, he must have come from Denver...

Dexter Mcleon?? Von Hutchins?? N.D. Kalu?? Anthony Maddox??

Brad Bedell?? Mike Flanagan?? Kevin Walter?? Sage Rosenfels?? Vonta Leach?? Jameel Cook?? Sam Gado??

Counting VanPelt, we've only got three ex Broncos on the roster today.

Besides, it is not uncommon for a coach to bring in players he is familiar with. Look at the Cowboys, and count how many players had played with Parcells from other teams. It's a sign of a good coach.

Forgot about Weaver from Baltimore. He was an excellent pickup. Wasn't that pickup, however, under Casserly and Kubiak. I'm basically talking about Smith since he has been here. Nobody is talking about Ferrans, but I think this is an indication of smoke.

aj.
11-29-2006, 07:25 AM
I heard one of the locker room towel boys just quit. And this is on the heels of the Gatorade intern dragging up last week. There is something truly wrotten in Copenhagen. This is all on Rick Smith I tell ya....

thunderkyss
11-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Forgot about Weaver from Baltimore. He was an excellent pickup. Wasn't that pickup, however, under Casserly and Kubiak. I'm basically talking about Smith since he has been here. Nobody is talking about Ferrans, but I think this is an indication of smoke.

Still, even without Weaver, we don't have this plethora of ex-Denver players that everyone wants to believe we have.

& Lionel Dalton, Anthony Maddox & Thomas Johnson have been playing as well, if not better than the DTs we started Training Camp with(Payne, TJ).... We've got a lot of players on this team from teams other than Denver.

mexican_texan
11-29-2006, 10:27 AM
No. Dalton's connection to the team is through Coach Karmelowicz, the Defensive Line Coach. Karm coached him at K.C. with him for 2 years and suggested that they pick him up whenever the DT injuries started piling up.
Also, he played in Denver. :)