PDA

View Full Version : Pennington thought Mario killed him...

Dr. Toro
11-27-2006, 11:51 AM
"I thought I wasn't going to make it. If anybody every had that happen, you know it's the worst feeling in the world. You're sitting there like, 'Oh my goodness, I'm not going to make it.' Right here on the football field. But things worked out well."

Not saying it's a good thing our DE made a guy think he was dead, but that comments gotta tell you something about Mario's power. This tells me as much about Mario as Vince's performance told me about him. So there's the silver lining Texan fans... Mario is, in fact, a beast.

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Mario is a force with another force right behind him in Demeco. The defense will be fun to watch next year.

mexican_texan
11-27-2006, 11:57 AM
DeMeco had a harder hit...just as before, all season long, Mario's hit overshadows it.

HOU-TEX
11-27-2006, 11:58 AM
"I thought I wasn't going to make it. If anybody every had that happen, you know it's the worst feeling in the world. You're sitting there like, 'Oh my goodness, I'm not going to make it.' Right here on the football field. But things worked out well."

Not saying it's a good thing our DE made a guy think he was dead, but that comments gotta tell you something about Mario's power. This tells me as much about Mario as Vince's performance told me about him. So there's the silver lining Texan fans... Mario is, in fact, a beast.

I agree Mario will be a good player, but that play also got the fans riled up. Chad when off the field for a play waving his arms to the crowd, the crowd responded. I'm not going to say Chad's a good/great QB, but that's something Texan fans haven't seen from thier......oops! Sorry I went off topic.

Mario has plenty of time to get better. He's very young. That said, he is a beast that will continue to get bigger and better.

Texan_Bill
11-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Obviously I am not for anyone getting injured, but its nice to see people around the league get a taste of what hopefully will be dinner for a long time.

Runner
11-27-2006, 12:09 PM
The play went for a completed pass and a first down. That sucked.

Mario handled D'Brick pretty easily on that play, although D'Brick held him up just enough.

hot pickle
11-27-2006, 12:12 PM
NBC gave some credit to mario williams as well, they showed acouple of his plays on Football Night in America

Second Honeymoon
11-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Mario is a force with another force right behind him in Demeco. The defense will be fun to watch next year.

Yup, those two guys should be anchoring our defense for years to come. I hope we draft defense again this year. Drafting Gaines from Clemson could be the final piece in the pass rush puzzle.

Gaines and Mario coming at Peyton from opposite sides. That would make the Grinch smile with glee.

Doug from The Woodlands

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Give Mario and Demeco some tools in the secondary. They have earned it and the team deserves it.

Second Honeymoon
11-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I just don't see that there is a CB that warrants one of the top6 picks in the draft (which is where we will probably be picking). I would rather go DE or OLB on defense or luxury on offense if a Calvin Johnson or ahealthy A.Peterson falls to our draft slot. Then try and overpay for Nate Clements in the offseason. The Bills have agreed to not franchise tag him again, so he will be fair game. And the Skins spent their wad this offseason. I think he could be gotten for the right price.

anywho its all speculation because we dont know where we are picking..one thing is for sure it will be an early pick...per usual

doug ftw

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 12:48 PM
Give Mario and Demeco some tools in the secondary. They have earned it and the team deserves it.

More importantly get rid of Hoke.

Second Honeymoon
11-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Good luck on getting rid of Hoke. For some reason, McNair and Co. think he is the second coming or something....

Personally, I feel we dont blitz enough. WHen your secondary is having trouble you have to blitz to take pressure off of them. They seem to have it the other way around with the current defensive scheme.

doug ftw