PDA

View Full Version : It could be worse

ensign_lee
11-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Hey everyone:

While we're busy licking our wounds nad having another round of "David Carr sucks" vs. "David Carr doesn't suck", let's keep in mind things could be worse at our QB position.

We could have Aaron Brooks or Walters at QB (Yay Raiders). If Michael Vick had declared for the draft when Charlie Casserly wanted him to, we could have Michael Vick's 0 passing ability and sick running ability only (Yay Falcons). Oh yeah: and his reaction to getting booed.

We could have JP Freaking Losman at QB. *shudder* (Yay Bills) or had Joey Harrington here in Houston instead of Carr (Yay Lions/Dolphins).

So let's be happy we're not in the situation any of those teams are.

And be happy to be Texans fans.

(because rooting for a crappy team is better than not rooting for any team)

the wonger need food
11-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Hey everyone:

While we're busy licking our wounds nad having another round of "David Carr sucks" vs. "David Carr doesn't suck", let's keep in mind things could be worse at our QB position.

We could have Aaron Brooks or Walters at QB (Yay Raiders). If Michael Vick had declared for the draft when Charlie Casserly wanted him to, we could have Michael Vick's 0 passing ability and sick running ability only (Yay Falcons). Oh yeah: and his reaction to getting booed.

We could have JP Freaking Losman at QB. *shudder* (Yay Bills) or had Joey Harrington here in Houston instead of Carr (Yay Lions/Dolphins).

Harrington is turning out to be a much better QB than Carr... probably Losman too. And Vick has won a lot more games than Carr. The only QB possibly worse than him in your list is Walter. So it could be worse, but not by much.

beerlover
11-27-2006, 12:18 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nfl/2002/1114/photo/s_peppers_i.jpg

Texan_Bill
11-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Pretty funny response considering Miami's QB position couldn't go any direction but up and Losman has one game that makes him look like a pro-bowler against our stellar D..

Keep up the "glass half full" attitude there, Ensign Lee!

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 12:20 PM
No, we have it the worse as we have invested much time and money on this joke of a QB. We still have his fiscal stain on our books for two more years and who knows the residual effect on stunting the development of other players on this team.

Texan_Bill
11-27-2006, 12:23 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nfl/2002/1114/photo/s_peppers_i.jpg

Too late now, but thats exactly who I wanted with our very first pick... Build the D first...

Hookem Horns
11-27-2006, 12:23 PM

I'm starting to question that.

Texan_Bill
11-27-2006, 12:27 PM

It crossed my mind too, but then the only football game I could look forward to each year would be like Friday's outcome 12-7.

Upon further review, I like football too much so I'd rather have a professional team here (crappy or not).

kcwilson
11-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey everyone:

You are missing the point... DC vs. NOT DC is the least of our problems.

What we have here is a failure to execute. When a team develops a plan, it asks the members to (a) utilize their talents to execute the plan and (b) utilize the knowledge to understand the plan.

We are facing an issue of lacking (a) and (b).

I like Petey Faggins, but the guy is bad right now. He cannot cover deep. And if that wasn't the worse thing, we don't have smart safeties that take good angles (Jason Simmons vs. Lee Evans) and of course C.C. Brown. So in poor Petey's case, he doesn't have the ability to turn and run with a WR and isn't learning from his mistakes by biting so hard on double moves.

Special Teams: Chad Stanley... guy kicks 35 yarders all year and then has an opporunity in the game to kick his standard 40 yarder to pin the Jets in and clasts one into the end zone. I mean, not smart, plus he had that ridiculous fumble. Just when it couldn't get any worse, it does.

And that is what this team is about, they are creative enough to find a way to bring us fans even lower. Case in point was the drive with Stanley fumbling, if I recall, they were in FG territory, trying to convert on thrid down, then takes a sack, out of FG territory, but at least we have the king of the 35 yarder, and he throws the ball forward. At that point, I should have just punched myself in the nuts and went out to play golf.

Worse than having JP Losman at QB, we could have a terrible set of LB's to pair with our terrible secondary. There is no talent at either level and none of them come from winning programs with the smarts to win.

I just didn't see us compete in that game at all yesterday. The defense is making strides, but not enough to warrant any top name free agents to make a leap to the Terrible Texans. If Mario and deMeco wreaked havoc these last few weeks, there might be a free agent saying, "You know what, it is worth the gamble, I could be part of an up and coming defense"... but there are so many holes, that we will scare off all FA.

It is a lot worse than DC vs. NOT DC. This is CRAP vs. CRAPPIER and we are trying to settle on which CRAP to use as the baseline for the future.

AND GET ME A RB! IF WE HAD A SOLIDIFIED OL LIKE DENVER HAD FOR YEARS, WE COULD HAVE A 1,000 YD RB, BUT OUR OL IS INEXPERIENCED YET OLD, AND WE NEED TALENT TO COMPENSATE FOR OTHER WEAKNESSES.

WE HAVE A RUNNING ORIENTED COACH, AND WE RUN THE BALL LIKE 11 TIMES YESTERDAY FOR 15 YARDS? WHAT IS THAT? rEMEMBER WHEN WE RAN THE BALL WELL AGAINST BUFFALO BY ADDING SOME WRINKLES WITH WALTER IN MOTION INTO THE BACKFIELD, OR A FEW REVERSES... WE RAN VANILLA YESTERDAY, AND WE AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO DO THAT. SO PULL OUT THE WRINKLES AND EXOTIC FORMATIONS AND LOOKS TO KEEP THE DEFENSE GUESSING.

YOU SEE SOME STUFF WORK ONE WEEK AND THEN IT DISAPPEARS THE NEXT WEEK. INEXCUSABLE. THE TEXANS SUCK MAJOR COWHIDE. SOMEONE BETTER GO OUT AND WIN AN FREAKING GAME FOR THIS TEAM OR I AM GOING TO HAVE TO BUY A NEW PLASMA AFTER I RAM MY FIST THROUGH THE SCREEN WHEN THE SIGHT OF (A) CHAD STANLEY, (B) C C BROWN, or (C) WHATEVER LOSER FUMBLES THE BALL NEXT COMES ONTO THE SCREEN.*

*the above was inspired by a caffeine induced monday morning meltdown and in no way is meant to insinuate that author is off the bandwagon. said author is p.o.'d about dedicating his sunday mornings to this blubber and could have experienced the same punishment on the golf course.

ensign_lee
11-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Harrington is turning out to be a much better QB than Carr... probably Losman too. And Vick has won a lot more games than Carr. The only QB possibly worse than him in your list is Walter. So it could be worse, but not by much.

Fortunately, we play against him and Brooks next game. :mario2:

titan hater
11-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey everyone:

Id take Vick and make him a RB...

El Amigo Invisible
11-27-2006, 01:04 PM
M. Greenwood instead of Derrick Johnson.:shoot:

We could have Mario,DJ ,Demeco, and D.Rob on defense. Our secondary needs serious help!!!!!!!!!!

:francis:

El Tejano
11-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Aaron Brooks is going to be awesome on Sunday. Just Awesome.

titan hater
11-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Aaron Brooks is going to be awesome on Sunday. Just Awesome.

LOL....

Runner
11-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Fortunately, we play against him and Brooks next game.

Careful what you ask for - you just saw our last "message" game.

El Amigo Invisible
11-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Randy Moss will be the the human highlight reel

texaslifter
11-27-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm just waiting to see Randy Moss go for 200 yards receiving and 3 td's, as well as making Aaron Brooks look like a pro bowler.

Crap, another top 5 pick. Hopefully we continue to actually get better.

El Amigo Invisible
11-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Probably waste the pic on another Travis Johnson type

Texan_Bill
11-27-2006, 01:26 PM
How QB's looked against the Texans:
McNabb - Pro-bowler (well he actually is / was)
Mannning - Pro-bowler (actually is)
Brunell - Pro-bowler
Bledsoe - Pro-bowler
Losman - Pro-bowler
Pennington - Pro-bowler
Brooks - ???

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 01:32 PM
How QB's looked against the Texans:
McNabb - Pro-bowler (well he actually is / was)
Mannning - Pro-bowler (actually is)
Brunell - Pro-bowler
Bledsoe - Pro-bowler
Losman - Pro-bowler
Pennington - Pro-bowler
Brooks - ???

If someone expected our secondary to be ok this year then they did not watch us last season and in the off season. What was not expected was the offense being this bad.

aj.
11-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Hey everyone:

I removed all the names so people could look at your post in a different context.

Our team is 3-8 headed for 3-13 or maybe 4-12 if we're lucky.

I don't care who the players are, I just want to win.

I have a PhD in rooting for crap teams and I'm tired of it.

Kids who were born on September 8, 2002 - the date of the first game ever played by this franchise - will be entering Kindergarden before the NFL starts play next season.

Regardless of the first two years of the expansion thing, in terms of futility and ineptitude it doesn't get much worse than back to back 2-14 and 3-13 based on my nearly 40 years of fandom.

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2006, 01:56 PM
If someone expected our secondary to be ok this year then they did not watch us last season and in the off season. What was not expected was the offense being this bad.

When you say bad ... its not the Michael Jackson I'm Bad thats the problem . Who's BAD hee hee hee

WildCat_Texan
11-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Hey everyone:

AMEN!

Christmas wishlist:

#1: O-line
#2: Secondary

I've been good Santa, really I have!! :texflag:

shinerbock_girl
11-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Oh.. lord your still here. After the longest cry-baby good-bye known too man. Man-up and hit the door.

Hookem's just frustrated like everyone else here...Can't blame him...Right now i'm sticking it out because i love Football, and i want to continue to support a Texas team...As bad as we do suck, i hate the Cowgirls worse and always will...

Marcus
11-28-2006, 09:07 AM

Me too!

Seriously, I've seen this line "Well, at least we have a football team" spewed over and over, mostly to try to make us feel better after watching this garbage each Sunday, and I'm beginning to reflect back on the days when we didn't have a team. Well, you know what? Those Sundays weren't that bad afterall. Even though the Oilers were gone, that didn't stop me from watching NFL games for the entertainment alone, ya know . . just sitting back and relaxing, watching a good football game for what it was supposed to be . . . stress-free entertainment. Being honest with myself, I miss those days.

But now that we have a team, I chose to be fan. I know I'm a true fan of this team because of the hurt, disgust, and anger I feel when the team loses, or makes decisions that I don't agree with. I know I'm a true fan because I remember how much I yelled and screamed for joy at the 19-10 game. (seems so long ago)

But I also know, as part of being a true fan, I cannot stop being one as if I could turn it off like a switch. That's not anymore possible than being in love with someone in your heart, but in your head you that person doesn't have the same feelings. You can not turn that off like a switch. That's why I always get a chuckle when I see these "That's it! I'm done being a fan" posts.

But I do understand the vent. Because these days, I really do wish indeed I could turn "being a fan" off like a switch. Because what I'm seeing these Sundays is stressful. And if it is stressful, it is NOT entertainment. Hell, that's more like work or a chore.

So yeah, I'm miss those "good old days" when we didn't have a team.

QB75
11-28-2006, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=ensign_lee;512477]Hey everyone....

We could have JP Losman at QB. /QUOTE]

We should be so lucky. Losman is in 2nd year and getting better every week.

mexican_texan
11-28-2006, 10:23 AM
3rd year. Ask the Bills fans how he's doing.

cuppacoffee
11-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Me too!

Seriously, I've seen this line "Well, at least we have a football team" spewed over and over, mostly to try to make us feel better after watching this garbage each Sunday, and I'm beginning to reflect back on the days when we didn't have a team. Well, you know what? Those Sundays weren't that bad afterall. Even though the Oilers were gone, that didn't stop me from watching NFL games for the entertainment alone, ya know . . just sitting back and relaxing, watching a good football game for what it was supposed to be . . . stress-free entertainment. Being honest with myself, I miss those days.

But now that we have a team, I chose to be fan. I know I'm a true fan of this team because of the hurt, disgust, and anger I feel when the team loses, or makes decisions that I don't agree with. I know I'm a true fan because I remember how much I yelled and screamed for joy at the 19-10 game. (seems so long ago)

But I also know, as part of being a true fan, I cannot stop being one as if I could turn it off like a switch. That's not anymore possible than being in love with someone in your heart, but in your head you that person doesn't have the same feelings. You can not turn that off like a switch. That's why I always get a chuckle when I see these "That's it! I'm done being a fan" posts.

But I do understand the vent. Because these days, I really do wish indeed I could turn "being a fan" off like a switch. Because what I'm seeing these Sundays is stressful. And if it is stressful, it is NOT entertainment. Hell, that's more like work or a chore.

So yeah, I'm miss those "good old days" when we didn't have a team.

I've tried to remember how I survived the 1-13 years as a die hard Oiler fan.
I would feel terrible the rest of the day, but Monday always came and I started looking forward to the next game.

Why is it different now? Why do I feel bad all week?

Its the message board! :lightbulb:

Now instead of playing the game and moving on despite the outcome, we have a forum to beyach and moan all week.

This same forum allows opposing fans to return and gloat, further aggravating things.

Then there is also the infighting among our own fans. Before the message board we only had to feud with the bandwagon cowgirl fans at work. Now we have a Texan fan slugfest every week. :brickwall

We are emotionally draining ourselves during the games, and then expending what energy we have left on each other on this board.

The only solution is to send this entire message board into cyberspace. :bomb:

Just kidding...It's too entertaining...except for the losing games part.

:coffee:

Runner
11-28-2006, 10:49 AM
This same forum allows opposing fans to return and gloat, further aggravating things.

Except recently many of the opposing fans say things like "good effort" and "chin up - things will get better".

Pity is worse than gloating.

TexansFanatic
11-28-2006, 11:01 AM
It certainly could be worse. We could have an owner like Bill Bidwill who has fielded a crappy team for decades. We may have one of the worst (if not THE worst) team in the NFL right now, but there is no question that Bob McNair is a man who is committed to fielding a winning product. It's just a matter of time. I didn't think it would take 6 or 7 years, but it WILL happen and when it does it will be SWEET!

QB75
11-28-2006, 01:36 PM
3rd year. Ask the Bills fans how he's doing.

2nd year as a starter. And I don't have to ask the Bills fans. He's won two tight games in the last quarter recently.