PDA

View Full Version : Which QB Do We Draft?

the wonger need food
11-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Do we spend a first round pick or wait until a later rouind?

ensign_lee
11-27-2006, 11:51 AM
How about we fix othe rproblems first?

Like our secondary? Or our O-line?:shoot:

santo
11-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Do we spend a first round pick or wait until a later rouind?

I say the Texans draft in the later round and take Kevin Kolb.:spy:

Hervoyel
11-27-2006, 11:54 AM
I also chose Kolb in a later round primarily because I answered the question with an "assuming we did take a QB" attitude and because I don't think we should go anywhere near the first round with a plan to get a QB.

We have more presing needs this draft and particularly on the first day. I'm interested in Kolb and think he would make a good project for the Texans but I'd only consider drafting him if he fell to day two. Our other needs are just too great.

Texan_Bill
11-27-2006, 11:55 AM

I agree. I am all for bringing in a quarterback to push Carr, but we can't spend first round money on a QB. We will put ourselves in salary cap prison quickly doing that.

I think Kevin Kolb could be a good one on Sundays (someday) and look forward to seeing the Conference USA championship game this weekend.

srstex
11-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I would like to see Carr leave to save his career, and his health. Obviously Carr is not the MAN for Kubiak, and it shows, Kubiak is building Carr's stats to use him as trade bait- Oakland?- so he pick can up another draft choice. Don't laugh, remember Brown missing a twenty yarder by 20 yards in the Bush Bowl ? Kubiak is still trying to teach and is not trying to win, or if he is then let's fire him now and put this season to rest so we can recover by draft day. Troy can put an end to the Carr Sucks threads, and if Kubiak is still around, will show where the big mistake is.

TEXANS84
11-27-2006, 12:04 PM
How about Troy Smith, that'll just make all the UT fans around here love the Texans even more.
:sarcasm:

ThaShark316
11-27-2006, 12:11 PM
None of these Qbs are worth looking at.

hot pickle
11-27-2006, 12:14 PM
i have know problem with troy smith, they beat UT this year, but he is the best attitude i've ever seen when it comes to beating or lossing to a team, i picked Drew Stanton, cause before the season alot of people were really high on him, but i havent heard to much since then, so if he slips to the 3rd round, im all for it, or kevin kolb would be good to, but the other QB's are 1st rounders, i dunno whats the deal with leak i see him coming out cause he can't be to happy with Urban Meyer using Tim Tibow so much

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2006, 12:14 PM
I'd take Kolb ... you don't need a 1st round pick to do what we're doing .

bah007
11-27-2006, 12:18 PM
i have know problem with troy smith, they beat UT this year, but he is the best attitude i've ever seen when it comes to beating or lossing to a team, i picked Drew Stanton, cause before the season alot of people were really high on him, but i havent heard to much since then, so if he slips to the 3rd round, im all for it, or kevin kolb would be good to, but the other QB's are 1st rounders, i dunno whats the deal with leak i see him coming out cause he can't be to happy with Urban Meyer using Tim Tibow so much

Leak is a senior so he has to come out.

I dont see him getting drafted on the first day tho, if he is drafted at all.

He has decent arm strength, not great.

He has decent accuracy, not great.

But his real problem is leadership and poise. Next time you catch a Florida game where things are going bad for the Gators look for Leak. He acts like a little kid throwing a tantrum.

P.S.- This is just my opinion, I have only noticed the bad attitude on one occasion due to the fact that the Gators are never losing.

eriadoc
11-27-2006, 12:18 PM
I honestly do not want to see a change at QB until the O-line can form a pocket with consistency. I just want whichever QB we bring in to have the best chance to succeed. So I would rather see the team focus on fixing the O-line (and secondary, and linebacking corps) in the draft. Let Carr run the offense another year as the line improves and then draft a QB in '08. Either Carr runs the offense while the draftee sits a year or we get a free agent retread. Fix the O-line, then get a QB, IMO.

HOU-TEX
11-27-2006, 12:33 PM

I also chose Kolb in a later round primarily because I answered the question with an "assuming we did take a QB" attitude and because I don't think we should go anywhere near the first round with a plan to get a QB.

We have more presing needs this draft and particularly on the first day. I'm interested in Kolb and think he would make a good project for the Texans but I'd only consider drafting him if he fell to day two. Our other needs are just too great.

I agree 100%! For the next year or two we're going to filling existing holes in our team. Why not draft Kolb? Groom him while the team is building, then insert him in the starting role when DC only has one year left in his contract. I'm all for it!:cool:

El Tejano
11-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Wait til the 2nd round.

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 12:38 PM
No QB's in the early picks as the salary cap era trends that out nicely.

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm betting a QB change will make players around him better ... it'll be a miracle .

Wharton
11-27-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't know if drafting a QB is the right thing to do.

Last draft I wanted VY in the worst way because I didn't think DC had "it". A bunch of folks complained that by taking VY, the Texans would be starting from scratch and it would take another 3 years to build a winning program. People who thought we had talent on a 2-14 team were making this argument. Personally, I didn't think we had any talent and another three years to build a solid program sounded reasonable to me.

Well, the argument still applies. If we take a QB in the draft, he will need 3+ years to adapt to the pro game. Preferably, the Texans would place him on the sidelines for one full year holding a clipboard. Yes, VY and Matt Lienhart (sp?) are doing well in their first years, but I think they are the exception and not the rule.

Oh, and by a quality QB, I don't mean Jake Plummer.

For your consideration, if we had taken VY, we would have a two years left on his maturing process and he could be on the sidelines learning what not to do from DC.

afcman
11-27-2006, 02:17 PM
I think we need other positions filled first. We can use Carr another year.

cuppacoffee
11-27-2006, 02:29 PM
I honestly do not want to see a change at QB until the O-line can form a pocket with consistency. I just want whichever QB we bring in to have the best chance to succeed. So I would rather see the team focus on fixing the O-line (and secondary, and linebacking corps) in the draft. Let Carr run the offense another year as the line improves and then draft a QB in '08. Either Carr runs the offense while the draftee sits a year or we get a free agent retread. Fix the O-line, then get a QB, IMO.

Exactly.

Fix the O line first, the rest of the O will take care of itself.

I've been a Carr 'homer' during all the bashing, but if Porter is not in the long range plans, drafting a QB prospect at this time is not a bad idea.

Don't know too much about Kolb. Is he another 'system' qb, kinda like the Texas Tech qbs?

:coffee:

rmartin65
11-27-2006, 03:05 PM
I dont think anything high. 5th round probably. There are alot of holes that need fixing.

Texan Asylum
11-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Man, I had a twinge of excitement when I seen this thread. The anticipation of better things to come...or something to that nature.

Perhaps the QB spot is one that'll ride if we find the quality running combination that'll net us results on that end of the ball. The current setup just makes do, but doesn't pose the threat we really need.

Napa Auto Parts
11-27-2006, 07:31 PM
I like Brian Bhrom or however you spell his name but i have no clue what he's prejections are.

K.D.
11-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Kevin Kolb in later rounds. Sit'em for a couple of seasons while Carr play out his contract, by then people will forget we have him and let him bust on the scene ready to go, hope we still have dre by then.

HomeBred_Texan
11-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Didn't see anyone mention the QB from Michigan. Is something wrong with Henne?

bah007
11-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Didn't see anyone mention the QB from Michigan. Is something wrong with Henne?

Yea Henne makes too many bad decisions & he holds the ball longer than Bledsoe. It's a good thing his O-line is one of the top 10 in the nation or he woulda had his back broken by now.

bah007
11-27-2006, 08:42 PM
I like Brian Bhrom or however you spell his name but i have no clue what he's prejections are.

Brian Brohm from Louisville will be either the 1st or 2nd QB taken (either before or after Quinn).

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-27-2006, 09:04 PM
We have a Rookie QB this year, his name is David Carr. Why draft another rookie next year???? He Plays like a rookie, he is treated like a rookie, people hold his hand and walk him through the locker room.

Funniest post I've seen since I joined this board

SmokingPiper
11-27-2006, 09:20 PM
The Texans have many needs and QB is not at the top. The Texans had a very good draft through 4 rounds last year. Trade down and stock pile extra draft choices in the first three rounds. Draft linebackers, defensive backs, and maybe an offensive or defensive lineman.