PDA

View Full Version : Just proves Kubiak ...

Samkonfan
11-27-2006, 07:24 AM
How do you have two running backs that have been productive the last two weeks and not get them the ball more. They rushed for a combined 136 yards last week on 18 carries. This week Gado carries it 2 or 3 times and Lundy gets it 8 times. Gado's first carry was for 5 yards. He did not get another carry until late in the 2nd half. Just doesn't make sense to me. I know the line did not open a lot of holes but after a week of saying he should have run the ball more he throws it 53 times. Carr is not the QB that can take this team on his shoulders. Granted no one contributed yesterday that could have helped the Texans win but after a week of Kubiak throwing it on 3rd and 2 now runs the ball only 10 times for 25 yards.

TheCD
11-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Say what you want about Kubiak...but it's easy to critisize after the fact.

Hulk75
11-27-2006, 07:50 AM
All our RBs are terrible.

FanFromCali
11-27-2006, 08:06 AM
All our RBs are terrible.

Exactly.

HJam72
11-27-2006, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't say that Gado and Lundy are terrible, but I would say that they have not proven themselves to be legitimate starters at all. If DD were healthy, he would be getting rushing yards in this offense. Nothing spectacular, but he'd be getting his 1000 yd. season in again and also breaking some of those tackles on all those short completions. Still, we need DBs more than anything.

Samkonfan
11-27-2006, 08:45 AM
no chance DD does any better than the two we have. Maybe have a few more yards but nothing out of the ordinary. The Oline did not play well yesterday at all, so nothing the backs could have done to make up for it. Plus, with only 8 carries for lundy and 3 for Gado you can't establish the run. Poor play calling, even Kubialk said it in his post game quotes

Runner
11-27-2006, 09:01 AM
On Carr's radio show this morning he was asked how to beat the cover two. He said you have to establish a running game to do that. He stated that since the Texans can't run, Kubiak goes to the short passing game to make up for it.

He went on to say that it is very difficult to have 12-15 play scoring drives based on the short pass - too many things can go wrong and derail it.

When asked about productivity between the 20s vs. the red zone, he stated that once in the red zone it comes down to physical player vs. player battles since they can't play action (again because of the lack of a running game).

This is all paraphrased; clarifications/different interpretations welcome.

TheOgre
11-27-2006, 09:02 AM
This team has more needs than a third world country.

jerek
11-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Our RBs looked just awful -- between a weak push from the OL and the fact that they very obviously missed what gaps were opened up. That said I have been a little surprised at how quickly we seem to abandon the run, but face it, if you've got 2nd and whatever and your back gets stopped for no gain, you have to go the pass to for the first, get it, and then run for no gain again ... it's hard to maintain faith in your run the remainder of that drive. When it happens again the next possession, I can understand why you go to the higher probability play.

Hulk75
11-27-2006, 09:46 AM
no chance DD does any better than the two we have. Maybe have a few more yards but nothing out of the ordinary. The Oline did not play well yesterday at all, so nothing the backs could have done to make up for it. Plus, with only 8 carries for lundy and 3 for Gado you can't establish the run. Poor play calling, even Kubialk said it in his post game quotes

WOW, I garunteE that Domanick Davis would have helped this team out A LOT!!!!!!