PDA

View Full Version : Bring On The Raiders!!!

wenskek
11-27-2006, 12:10 AM
as you know we got the raiders next week, and while i would have Guaranteed a win a month ago, i am beginning to second guess myself now. its beginning to look like this might be a very close game now and the raiders D has been playing very well. if our offense plays like it did today i don't think there is any way we can win against the tough D of the raiders. For us to take this game i think our O is going to have to have a strong confident showing and our D is going to have to shutdown a struggling Raiders O. What do you guys think?

ib4texans
11-27-2006, 12:11 AM
as you know we got the raiders next week, and while i would have Guaranteed a win a month ago, i am beginning to second guess myself now. its beginning to look like this might be a very close game now and the raiders D has been playing very well. if our offense plays like it did today i don't think there is any way we can win against the tough D of the raiders. For us to take this game i think our O is going to have to have a strong confident showing and our D is going to have to shutdown a struggling Raiders O. What do you guys think?

Unfortunatly for us I think their Offense is picking up steam.

Ibar_Harry
11-27-2006, 12:12 AM

Ah, could Moss be licking his chops over the thought of playing against Faggins. I would say the offense of the Raiders might have a SB game against us. Seems like QB's having dismal years like to improve their stats while playing the Texans.......

dtran04
11-27-2006, 12:14 AM
I have a feeling Randy Moss is actually gonna try this game to improve his numbers. Although I bet he could do that at half effort unfortunately...

Wolf
11-27-2006, 12:15 AM
If we lose, I will not be on this board that sunday

ib4texans
11-27-2006, 12:22 AM

I agree 100%!

TheRealJoker
11-27-2006, 12:23 AM
I agree 100%!

If we win will all of Carr's stats be thrown out due to playing 4 quarters of "garbage time"?

Turbo
11-27-2006, 12:49 AM
The Texans will probably make the Raiders look good.

Mattheus_Rex
11-27-2006, 12:51 AM
I no longer make predictions. :francis:

aj.
11-27-2006, 07:07 AM
I no longer make predictions. :francis:

I'll make one. The Raiders will win. Score 17 points and you beat the Texans on an average week.

We are 3 games into the 5 game stretch where I thought the team should go 3-2 (Jax, Buffalo, NYJ, Oak, TN) and salvage a [all things considered] semi-respectable 6-10 mark this season. We're now 1-2 in that stretch with 1-4 looking like a distinct possibility.

3-13 is also a distinct possibility. I sense there are players and coaches on this team who wish the season was already over (literally, not figuratively).

It's gotten way old.

TheRealJoker
11-27-2006, 08:21 AM
I dont know about you guys but im REALLY hoping the Texans win their way out of the top 10 for this year's draft. All those high picks cant be good for our salary cap.

Texans Horror
11-27-2006, 08:26 AM
It'll be a trade down if they go there. I can't see them having the bank roll to support another high pick.

FanFromCali
11-27-2006, 08:38 AM
The Raiders might be the worse team in the NFL. That being said their defense is playing pretty good. 17-10 Texans.

hobie
11-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Gotta say it is getting hard to watch them on the road....Keeping the faith but boy, it is getting hard.

HJam72
11-27-2006, 08:50 AM
The Texans will probably make the Raiders look good.

Win or lose, I think that is almost inevitable. We make everybody look good, except Jax.

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2006, 09:53 AM
I'll make one. The Raiders will win. Score 17 points and you beat the Texans on an average week.

We are 3 games into the 5 game stretch where I thought the team should go 3-2 (Jax, Buffalo, NYJ, Oak, TN) and salvage a [all things considered] semi-respectable 6-10 mark this season. We're now 1-2 in that stretch with 1-4 looking like a distinct possibility.

3-13 is also a distinct possibility. I sense there are players and coaches on this team who wish the season was already over (literally, not figuratively).

It's gotten way old.

So why are they quiting ? Thats a problem when you have guys who act like they have no chance at all . If you allow this to happen then what keeps Mario and Demeco from getting contaminated .

19-10
11-27-2006, 10:01 AM
So why are they quiting ? Thats a problem when you have guys who act like they have no chance at all . If you allow this to happen then what keeps Mario and Demeco from getting contaminated .

Character - it's really on the individual to stay above that attitude. It's hard to say b/c I only see glimpes of DROB on TV but the times I saw his face yesterday he looked beat, tired, and fed up. Hopefully the rooks have a lot of patience and the character to not quit on themselves or the team.

Runner
11-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Character - it's really on the individual to stay above that attitude. It's hard to say b/c I only see glimpes of DROB on TV but the times I saw his face yesterday he looked beat, tired, and fed up. Hopefully the rooks have a lot of patience and the character to not quit on themselves or the team.

Wouldn't it be a waste to see that look on Demeco's face in a couple of years?

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2006, 10:12 AM
I do think Kubiak might get rid of the losing attitude . You have to burn the barn to kill the rats .

HOU-TEX
11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Unfortunatly for us I think their Offense is picking up steam.

I gave this some thought yeaterday after the Texans debacle. Almost every team that started the season terrible has picked up a little steam towards the backend of this season, except the Texans. We show that we can be a competitive NFL team one week, then turn around the following week and lay an egg. The Raiders, Cards, Bills, 49ers, etc. have appeared to be showing improvement every week. I'm not going to get involved in the blame game, but I think Kubiak has a very important decision to make this offseason regarding a particular position. Here's to the future of the Texans!:shots:

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 10:18 AM
This is a must win this week. I hope Carr plays great in front of Al Davis.

nunusguy
11-27-2006, 10:21 AM

We should have beaten the Bills, but the Jaxs game the week before was a gift. So those 2 games are a wash. And I didn't expect them to win at the Jets, though I didn't expect the stinker we got either.
Of the last 5, you would have thought we could atleast win 2 of them with the Raiders, Titans, & Browns in the mix and 2 of those at home. But after yesterday, I dunno.
The team has got to be really demoralized right now ?
3-13 and maybe even #1 overall again ? Wow ! But its possible.
Has any NFL team ever had the #1 pick in the Draft in consecutive years ?

jerek
11-27-2006, 10:23 AM

I'd say that's an accurate assessment. Should have been characterized as a guaranteed W, but since we seem to play down to the level of our competition not named the Jaguars, this feels like an anybody's game. I wish Mario was healthy -- this could easily have been a 4-sack outing for the guy.

19-10
11-27-2006, 11:54 AM
I do think Kubiak might get rid of the losing attitude . You have to burn the barn to kill the rats .

THen I say burn it down. We don't need no water let the mutha #$@#$ burn!

Burn baby burn - just let the few ballers we have know ahead of time

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2006, 12:04 PM
That quote came from the Junction Boys . At a meeting Bear Bryant said the #1 problem at A&M was they had brought in bad players and babied them because they were the kids of alumni . So he took them to Junction to run them off . The core that stayed became the nucleus for a good team .

Texans Horror
11-27-2006, 04:34 PM
The forums for the Raiders and the Titans are (overall) considering their respective Texans matches to be slam dunks with no chance of the Texans winning. Interesting considering the games against the Raiders, Titans, and Browns are our "wins." I'm not sure what Cleveland's boards are saying...

wenskek
11-27-2006, 04:42 PM
I've noticed the titans are starting to play really well, and well.... lets just say that Vince is growing up a lot faster than most thought. As for the Browns, I've have kinda followed them this year and they seem to have up and down weeks, but play very hard. Despite my previous assumptions, the titans and browns games are by no means guarrentees.

shinerbock_girl
11-27-2006, 04:46 PM

If we lose i'll be crying my heart out...:crying:

Hervoyel
11-27-2006, 04:57 PM

Dunta Robinson hasn't played, acted, or looked right in two years. He's not the CB he was in 2003 an I think that was all because of the loss of Aaron Glenn and to some extent Marcus Coleman, Marlon McCree, and Kenny Wright. The veterans were all sent packing at around the same time so we could get younger and faster. What we didn't get was better and Robinson knows it. He knows he's playing on a lousy team, you can see it in the look on his face. You can also see he hates it.

GNTLEWOLF
11-28-2006, 04:09 AM
:perfect10: If we win will all of Carr's stats be thrown out due to playing 4 quarters of "garbage time"?

lol:

GNTLEWOLF
11-28-2006, 04:11 AM
Unfortunately, Oakland has been playing like they have life lately, and Houston has been playing like usual......so I really believe ....
Oakland 24
Houston 10