PDA

View Full Version : Carr is all we have, so deal with it!!!!

DontTreadOnMe
11-26-2006, 10:58 PM
carr is not going anywhere... his contract is absurd, and too many people in our organization would look horribly foolish if they ever gave up on him. he is what he is, not great...not good... but, rather fairly mediocre. he does not seem to be a very "smart" or "heady" player, or even possess natural leadership qualities. the probable outcome of carr's regime in the texans organization is one of way more L's than W's,.. and possibly a playoff appearance.. everybody has to accept that reality... and just hope/pray/cheer that carr somehow overachieves in the near future. on a personal level, im hoping that we concentrate on defense in our next couple of drafts,.. and win by good old fashion defense.

TexansSeminole
11-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Great post...I agree even though I would like for it to be different. I wonder if Kubiak will want him gone but McNair will not.

phan1
11-27-2006, 01:11 AM
I wish other people had the same attitude. Seriously, are we going to hear "We should have gotten VY" threads 5 years from now? I think we will...

travfrancis
11-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Seriously, are we going to hear "We should have gotten VY" threads 5 years from now? I think we will...

We absolutely will, that's a risk the Texans took with their selection.

Mattheus_Rex
11-27-2006, 02:38 AM
One player is not going to create a 180 on this team. We could put P Manning behind the center, and while the team would be a little better, I still don't think there would be playoffs in the near future. All these people that say we should dump Carr, who else are we going to get. In reality, another mediocre QB from a team that doesn't want him anymore. I say build the "Steel Curtian" def of the 70's and get a better kicker, then you don't have to worry about Carr.

rittenhouserobz
11-27-2006, 05:19 AM
One player is not going to create a 180 on this team. We could put P Manning behind the center, and while the team would be a little better, I still don't think there would be playoffs in the near future. All these people that say we should dump Carr, who else are we going to get. In reality, another mediocre QB from a team that doesn't want him anymore. I say build the "Steel Curtian" def of the 70's and get a better kicker, then you don't have to worry about Carr.

While we are at it, why not build a steel curtain on offense to allow a little more time to throw downfield or run a nice screen. IMHO

Mattheus_Rex
11-27-2006, 05:24 AM
While we are at it, why not build a steel curtain on offense to allow a little more time to throw downfield or run a nice screen. IMHO

Haha, Carr just showed that he can't complete a 2 yd pass on a screen play.

rittenhouserobz
11-27-2006, 05:36 AM
Haha, Carr just showed that he can't complete a 2 yd pass on a screen play.

I didn't use the word Carr in my post did I. :ok:

Mattheus_Rex
11-27-2006, 05:46 AM
I didn't use the word Carr in my post did I. :ok:

But like the thread title. "Carr is all we have, so deal with it!!!!" Haha

rittenhouserobz
11-27-2006, 06:03 AM
Sorry to get off-course. I don't dislike Carr, but my patience is on its last leg. The sooner we can get a viable replacement the better. I know Carr is here, but the Texans need to improve the OL as much as the DL to become a winning franchise wether Carr is here or not.