PDA

View Full Version : Sage has a broken throwing hand??

Marcus
11-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Just heard on Channel 13 that Sage busted his hand making that tackle on the FG return. Anyone hear anything else?

mexican_texan
11-26-2006, 10:44 PM
...and so Quinton Porter begins his quest.

Kaiser Toro
11-26-2006, 10:44 PM
That stinks if true. Hopefully it is not major.

Ibar_Harry
11-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Just heard on Channel 13 that Sage busted his hand making that tackle on the FG return. Anyone hear anything else?

I posted earlier about the consequences of Kubiak's call and what they might be. If this is true then it bears out what I said. I hope not, because that would be another very bad break for the Texans.

Runner
11-26-2006, 10:46 PM

Kubiak said he hurt it but I didn't hear any detail. If Sage is out, that leaves us with promoting Porter from the practice squad to the roster or picking up a street free agent.

Wow. Good thing Carr is tough.

ib4texans
11-26-2006, 10:47 PM
I posted earlier about the consequences of Kubiak's call and what they might be. If this is true then it bears out what I said. I hope not, because that would be another very bad break for the Texans.

Oh who cares! He's still better than Carr.:sarcasm:

mexican_texan
11-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Lost in the Wand complaining, no one bothers to mention that we cut Cody Pickett.

dtran04
11-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Owen Daniels for QB and David Carr for RB! :)

ensign_lee
11-26-2006, 10:53 PM
That slightly sucks. :francis:

TexansSeminole
11-26-2006, 10:54 PM
I suppose it would be Quinton Porter to replace him...unless Kubiak has his eyes on someone else.

mexican_texan
11-26-2006, 10:55 PM
I suppose it would be Quinton Porter to replace him...unless Kubiak has his eyes on someone else.
Bradlee Van Pelt.

TexansSeminole
11-26-2006, 10:58 PM
What other QBs are available?

TexasJedi
11-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Tim Melton said that he "banged it up" making that special teams tackle before the half. The doctors will look at it tomorrow, they did not say it was broken just injured.

CoastalTexan
11-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Barrick Nealy:homer:

Malloy
11-27-2006, 04:18 AM

Plummer might not start in Denver next week... hm... :)

Mattheus_Rex
11-27-2006, 05:02 AM

And that's the Question to everyone who wants to cut Carr.

mexican_texan
11-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Bradlee Van Pelt was Plummer's backup last year and ran for a touchdown.

texan's blue
11-27-2006, 07:50 AM
And that's the Question to everyone who wants to cut Carr.

Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon... we could rotate every down to keep them fresh.... :rolleyes:

Sportsfan
11-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Its not broken. It was reported this morning that he'll be fine.

Mr. White
11-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Bradlee Van Pelt was Plummer's backup last year and ran for a touchdown.

It wouldn't surprise me to see both of them in Houston next season.

WiiBrawler
11-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Plummer might not start in Denver next week... hm... :)

No No NO!

mamoo
11-27-2006, 10:19 AM
He had X-rays taken after the game and those would be evaluated better today. Sage said his hand hurt but didn't seem to think it was broken. Kubiak said he busted up his hand, but did not say he broke it. We'll know the full extent of the injury later today.

mexican_texan
11-27-2006, 11:26 AM
He had X-rays taken after the game and those would be evaluated better today. Sage said his hand hurt but didn't seem to think it was broken. Kubiak said he busted up his hand, but did not say he broke it. We'll know the full extent of the injury later today.
Randy McIlvoy?

jerek
11-27-2006, 12:53 PM
FWIW I've heard Sage is facing the IR. Not confirmed at this point however.

This should make things more interesting around here.:francis:

Sucks too, because I admired the guy for that tackle yesterday, and should Carr have been hurt or really stinking, I still think he was a viable backup.

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2006, 01:21 PM
This is clearly the work of Vince . He has placed a curse on this team ... think about it , we stink , he has a big comeback , and Sage breaks his hand . This is not a coincidence ... Vince has placed a voodoo curse on us for not drafting him .

Even if Carr stinks again against the Titans there is nothing to save him from humiliation unless of course somebody's got a curse breaker . If somebody finds a voodoo doll with a #8 on it send it to Reliant Stadium before 12/10/06 .

touttail
11-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Oh who cares! He's still better than Carr.:sarcasm:

He (Sage) could throw left handed and get it past 10 yards down the field.

bobby 119C

shinerbock_girl
11-27-2006, 02:12 PM

Oh noooo...I was just saying in anothr thread if Sage got hurt you know who Kubiak would be going after since Cutler was announced the starting QB for Denver.....NOOOOOOO

jerek
11-27-2006, 04:02 PM
FWIW I've heard Sage is facing the IR. Not confirmed at this point however.

This should make things more interesting around here.:francis:

Sucks too, because I admired the guy for that tackle yesterday, and should Carr have been hurt or really stinking, I still think he was a viable backup.

Because John McClain ain't got **** on me.

edo783
11-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Oh noooo...I was just saying in anothr thread if Sage got hurt you know who Kubiak would be going after since Cutler was announced the starting QB for Denver.....NOOOOOOO

The Bronco's wont be releasing Plummer before the end of the season, so that wont be an issue.

wags
11-27-2006, 04:35 PM
I heard his hand wasn't that bad and then...

Carr found Sage in the trainers room and repeatedly slammed his spikes down on Sage's hand. Carr was laughing the whole time and shouting "you'll never start in place of me!" Then he ran through the locker room, naked no less, screaming "I'm going to continue to be the starter and we are TOTALLY going to suck." Then he told AJ to go deep and mockingly threw a one yard hitch to him. Dude has serious issues.

wags from the ATX

cuppacoffee
11-27-2006, 04:40 PM

Carr found Sage in the trainers room and repeatedly slammed his spikes down on Sage's hand. Carr was laughing the whole time and shouting "you'll never start in place of me!" Then he ran through the locker room, naked no less, screaming "I'm going to continue to be the starter and we are TOTALLY going to suck." Then he told AJ to go deep and mockingly threw a one yard hitch to him. Dude has serious issues.

wags from the ATX

My best Yoda voice..."Alone he is not."

:coffee:

real
11-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Then he told AJ to go deep and mockingly threw a one yard hitch to him. Dude has serious issues.

LMAO....

HOU-TEX
11-27-2006, 04:44 PM

LOL! Ain't that the truth!

DocBar
11-27-2006, 06:32 PM

You don't sound a thing like Yoda...

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 06:50 PM
You don't sound a thing like Yoda...

I hate Yoda critics. :)

edo783
11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
I hate Yoda critics. :)

Ahhh, the obtuseness of the Sith is displayed.

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Ahhh, the obtuseness of the Sith is displayed.

I hate Sith critics. :)

V Man
11-27-2006, 07:08 PM

wags from the ATX

This might be the funniest post I read in a long time.

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 07:10 PM
This might be the funniest post I read in a long time.

Typical drivel from the Austin neo-hippies. :mario2:

Runner
11-27-2006, 07:14 PM

wags from the ATX

I only find one flaw in this scenario. There is never any laughing in the Texans facility. Laughter implies someone is having fun and not taking care of "business".

Trap_Star
11-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Just heard on the radio that its a broken thumb...

Trap_Star
11-27-2006, 07:27 PM

wags from the ATX

That is the funniest **** i've read since i joined this MB...:mario2: Rep for you...

Texans_Chick
11-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Here's all the bad news, broken thumbs and all:

Link (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3143&section=N%20Latest%20News)

Kubiak discusses loss
November 27, 2006
By Carmine Pirone
HoustonTexans.com

Tough breaks: Another game and another handful of serious injuries for the Texans as Gary Kubiak revealed Monday that the Texans will add two more names to the IR list this week with another player expected to miss at least the team’s next game this weekend in Oakland .

“Thomas Johnson (hamstring), I would say is a couple of weeks," Kubiak said. "I would think he definitely won’t be able to play this week. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks he’ll be ready to come back. We’ll put two guys on IR tomorrow. Sage Rosenfels will go on IR tomorrow and Mike Flanagan will go on IR. Sage broke his thumb and Mike broke a couple of ribs.”

Rosenfels’ loss is especially hard to swallow as it came thanks to his duties as the holder on the field goal and extra point team. Punter Chad Stanley is usually the holder for Kris Brown, but Stanley cut his hand last week and did not feel comfortable. Rosenfels was an easy replacement.

“I think Sage is an excellent holder, so we just made that decision t go with him and it’s just unfortunate what happened,” Kubiak said.

Rosenfels broke his thumb while making a diving tackle after Brown attempted a 59-yard field goal that fell short. Jets’ kick returner Justin Miller brought the kick out of the end zone and appeared to have some space until Rosenfels brought him down.

“It was very impressive,” Kubiak said of Rosenfels’ tackle. “I don’t know if you’ve all seen it on film, but, you know, when you choose to try something like that, and I don’t know how smart that was on my part because I’ve been a part of that going 108 (yards) a couple of years back in Baltimore, you’re counting on those guys to cover. It looked like we were in trouble there for a second, but for that kid to get up and go make that play down there, that was something. To lose him, that sure hurts though, but it was a (heck) of a play.”

Recent addition Cedric Killings should take Johnson’s spot in the tackle rotation, but the loss of Rosenfels and Flanagan, the team’s starting center, will have a domino effect on the roster in the coming days.

New arm: While Kubiak said that practice squad quarterback Quinton Porter has progressed nicely this season, he added that he didn’t think Porter was ready to back up David Carr.

For that reason, Kubiak has decided to bring in a veteran that he’s worked with in the past to play Carr’s understudy for the remainder of the season.

“We’re bringing in a guy this evening, Bradlee Van Pelt, who I had in Denver for two years,” Kubiak said. “He knows our system. He knows what we’re doing. It will help us to have somebody that will be ready to play real fast if something happened to David. He’s been out on the streets working out for some people. I’m familiar with him. He’s familiar with me."

Center of attention: The loss of Flanagan opens up a gap in the middle of a Texans' offensive line already riddled with injuries. There are two options to replace Flanagan. Houston can either move Steve McKinney, who has worked this season primarily at guard, or play Drew Hodgdon, who has been inactive much of the season.

Kubiak said Monday that both McKinney and Hodgdon will see time, but that he wants to take a good look at the second-year Hodgdon to determine his future value.

“They’ll both work there,” Kubiak said. “We’ll make that decision as the week goes on. Steve’s been around a long time and he’s done a fine job. I will say this: There was going to be a point where I did want to look at Drew. He did play for us early in the season, did some good things, but has not played since Mike got healthy and played well. They both will play, but I want to take a hard look at Drew and the future and see how he’ll handle his role.”

A decision on the starter will be made later in the week.

Running on empty: Houston rushed for just 25 yards in Sunday’s loss, a poor total by any measure. While much of the credit can go to the Jets' defense, Kubiak also wasn’t afraid to place some of the blame on his two running backs Monday. Both Wali Lundy and Samkon Gado did not have their best games of the season, according to their head coach.

“They did not play well, either one of them, and I told them that today,” Kubiak said. “Did they have enough carries? No, that’s my fault, but they’re both better than they played and we’re not always going to block every one of them. They have to make somebody miss, and I want them both to play better this week.”

Kubiak also added that rookie Chris Taylor could see his first NFL action in the coming weeks. When asked if Taylor might get some carries over the next month, Kubiak hinted that Taylor should expect to play.

“Yeah, that’s something we discussed here today,” Kubiak said. “I think he needs some carries for this football team to evaluate him over the next five weeks for the future.”

Welcome back, Jerome: While official word won’t come until Tuesday, it appears as though Pro Bowl kick returner Jerome Mathis will be made active for this week’s game in Oakland .

“I’m leaning toward activating him,” Kubiak said. “He worked out well for us Saturday morning, worked out well today.”

Kubiak said that Mathis will be asked to do more than just return kicks. He’s expected to contribute at receiver, and, according to Kubiak, Mathis is ready to get back on the field for the first time since playing in the Pro Bowl in February.

“He’s ready to play,” Kubiak said. “It’s been a concern because his other leg started to bother him through his workouts and stuff. But we put a little pressure on him and asked him to prove to us that he’s ready to play. I think he’s done that.”
Link to the press conference (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3144&section=N%20Latest%20News)

Don't ever say it couldn't get worse. Because it always can.

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Stanley had a cut on his hand could explain the fumbling of the ball, but does make one beg to ask why he was able to go back in and punt.

bah007
11-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Stanley had a cut on his hand could explain the fumbling of the ball, but does make one beg to ask why he was able to go back in and punt.

Well we sure dont want Kris Brown out there trying to punt.

Wolf
11-27-2006, 08:09 PM
not broken, lightsaber hit it.

I shouldn't be doing this,because I could get into trouble .. or maybe choked.

Wolf
11-27-2006, 08:10 PM
any way, here is the official locker room picture(many bothan spies died trying to get this information). of sage and Carr.

http://www.swars.wz.cz/img/postavy/vader/Luke%20Skywalker%20and%20Darth%20Vader.jpg

Texans Pride
11-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Here is it from the Chronicle. Rosenfels and Flanagan:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4362691.html

All those Texans fans who want quarterback David Carr benched and replaced by Sage Rosenfels are going to be disappointed.

Rosenfels' hand injury suffered in the team's loss Sunday to the Jets has turned out to be more serious than originally stated by the team and the backup has been placed on injured reserve and is out for the season.

Center Mike Flanagan who suffered broken ribs against the Jets also was placed on injured reserve today. Backup center Drew Hodgdon will replace Flanagan.