PDA

View Full Version : Vince today

DenverBorn
11-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Vince has just led the Titans to three fourth-quarter touchdowns, including a game-tying touchdown pass with 44 seconds to play. Took the team 76 yards in 2:23. One rushing TD and two passing TD's in the fourth quarter

Do you think David carr will ever be capable of such a performance?

NO

NO

I am sooooooo glad I sold my PSLs

TexanFanInCC
11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
vince young is having an incredible day. im so happy for him. as for us....

:crying:

wicked_wayz
11-26-2006, 07:18 PM
damn vince young is carving them up, hes def rookie of the week

DenverBorn
11-26-2006, 07:19 PM
24/35 - 249 yds- 2 TDs and 0 INTs

More important it was vintage Vince. He would not let his team lose

Mr McNair, you made a BIG mistake

Tulip
11-26-2006, 07:26 PM
He should get rookie of the week and AFC offensive player of the week. That was amazing, and I was only watching it on GameCast.

jawendall
11-26-2006, 07:51 PM
24-35, 249 yds
2 TDs
10 Rush, 69 yds, 1 TD

brought them back from 0-21
to win 24-21

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
24-35, 249 yds
2 TDs
10 Rush, 69 yds, 1 TD

brought them back from 0-21
to win 24-21

He is great he should have been drafted here. There now can we talk about something else.

texflex513
11-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Props to vince young for his best game to date. Does it get better than this game this year??...i doubt it.

Honoring Earl 34
11-26-2006, 07:54 PM
What was his QB rating and throwing % ... thats what counts .

Texans Pride
11-26-2006, 07:55 PM
He's not on our team. . . Why is this thread here???

afcman
11-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Unreal. 24 pts in the 4th. That's how to win. Don't give up. Maybe I was wrong about him. Uhmmmm..........

I have nothing against Carr but our team needs a big KICK from somebody.

TexansLucky13
11-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Too bad he couldn't help out Colt McCoy on Friday.....

Gig'em!

jawendall
He is great he should have been drafted here. There now can we talk about something else.

He's not on our team. . . Why is this thread here???

so we can't post results for our home town guy??

MrMeToo
Vince>>>>>>>>>>>Carr already...

TheCD
11-26-2006, 07:57 PM
This belongs in the NFL forum with the other posts exactly like it...

HoustonFrog

:redtowel:

That is awesome dude. I'm not sure when people are going to learn that winning is all that matters.

Runner
How many times has someone here said that the Titans are worse than the Texans?

a) They're not less talented as is often stated
b) They have better on field leadership
c) Even with an equivalent record, they expected to win in the face of adversity. The Texans gave up.

thunderkyss
11-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Had that been David, KrisBrown would have missed the field goal, short, and it would have been returned for a touchdown.

Orion
11-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Please Don't Remind Me Of The Huge Mistakes This Organization Made Before The Season Even Started, We Were All Robbed.....it Still Hurts...but Thats Gone And Done Now.....it Still Really Really Hurts Though....

Of Course I Went To Ut So This Is A Touchy Subject.....

Gooooo Texans.......and The 3 Yard Assasins

MrMeToo
11-26-2006, 07:59 PM

yup

dbspi
11-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Very simple Vince is a winner, he has always been a winner. I don't think Vince has ever been about STATS.

Vince did something today that we have waited 5 years to see from Carr. That's the difference between the two.

And yes I am not a longhorn alum.

dbspi
11-26-2006, 08:04 PM
When you look at Vince Young, you will find all the good qualities that great ones have Poise, leadership and intangibles something which David Carr lacks greatly.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Vince might have given the Cowboys the NFC East title

hobie
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Wasn't so much Vince as it was NY choking..up 21 with 15 to go and hand it over to them, Vince had a good game, but NY lost it !

DenverBorn
11-26-2006, 08:11 PM
I disagree. Vince scrambled for a first down on 4th and 10. He got the team down the field to score FOUR times in the fourth quarter. He made clutch throws to set up the winning field goal.

Let me ask you this - give David Carr the ball, 3 minutes to play, on his own 24 yard liine, down by 7. What are the chances that we tie, much less win, the game? ZERO!

Napa Auto Parts
11-26-2006, 08:12 PM

:rofl: you know it who cares about wins

Napa Auto Parts
11-26-2006, 08:14 PM

dont you think he knows that by now :stirpot:

Maddict5
11-26-2006, 08:18 PM
hmm... vince was stopped (a yard short-how appropriate) on a 4th and goal run earlier in that game- bet they wish they had DC (see hulks avator)...

also what if jameel cook played for the titans and fumbled on the game tying drive and TEN lost- would VY be less of a 'leader' then or what??? or does VY's 'intangibles' means he sub-consciously control all the other players on his team also????

ps..VY did great- im not hating....just love all this football speak every1 (denverborn etc) seems to have

Hookem Horns
11-26-2006, 08:19 PM

You're joking right? I assume this is a shot at all the Carr lovers and I agree. It's all about the W's. I watched this game and am sick to my stomach for 3 reasons. One, I am a Giants fan, Two I am more of a Texans fan and they should've drafted this guy, and Three I used to be an Oilers fan and now hate the Titans. Vince did today what he was everyone said he wouldn't be able to do at the NFL level. True the Giants choked but Vince pulled that game out of his a**. Carr would have never pulled that type of game out.

Hookem Horns
11-26-2006, 08:22 PM
BTW, if you didn't get a chance to see this game then you really aren't in a good position to comment on what Vince did today. I think I am done watching football. I am not going to subject myself watching this guy doing this every week in a Titans uniform.

Orion
11-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Vince had an awesome day, makes me want to throw up, but good goin, he's a winner and all the world will soon see....

heart=Great teams.

22 consecutive passes for nfl record=absolutley nothing

aj.
11-26-2006, 08:26 PM
There's no question it will be one of the games on NFL RePlay this week...

The Texans are in the process of quitting just as Vince is hitting his stride. Should make for a fun day at Reliant on Dec 10 or whenever it is.

Tulip
11-26-2006, 08:29 PM
BTW, if you didn't get a chance to see this game then you really aren't in a good position to comment on what Vince did today. I think I am done watching football. I am not going to subject myself watching this guy doing this every week in a Titans uniform.

I didn't see it at all except the last touchdown pass on the short highlights. I watched the GameCast online.

When I saw that the Titans were marching on the first TD drive, the possibility of the comeback started creeping in my head. Why? Because I know Vince Young never quits. Ever.

I never think that about the Texans.

It's like a train wreck - I don't want to watch, but I can't help it. Vince is an exciting player who is giving his team's fans hope for the future. I'm jealous.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 08:29 PM
There's no question it will be one of the games on NFL RePlay this week...

The Texans are in the process of quitting just as Vince is hitting his stride. Should make for a fun day at Reliant on Dec 10 or whenever it is.

very true AJ

Honoring Earl 34
11-26-2006, 08:37 PM
You're joking right? I assume this is a shot at all the Carr lovers and I agree. It's all about the W's. I watched this game and am sick to my stomach for 3 reasons. One, I am a Giants fan, Two I am more of a Texans fan and they should've drafted this guy, and Three I used to be an Oilers fan and now hate the Titans. Vince did today what he was everyone said he wouldn't be able to do at the NFL level. True the Giants choked but Vince pulled that game out of his a**. Carr would have never pulled that type of game out.

Yes it was a joke . I like Vince and all the things he's done but Mario is the Texan player I watch the most . Having said that I was not for resigning Carr and that probably would have meant Vince . I bet Dec.11 Bob is gonna wish he could call for a do over .

Honoring Earl 34
11-26-2006, 08:39 PM
very true AJ

We're gonna make ESPN for the biggest home field advantage for a visiting team .

Tulip
11-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Vince Young is now 4-4 as a starter.

2 losses by 1 point. Ouch.

Orion
11-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Sucks for you.... a bunch of farm boys held you to only 7 points and destroyed your chance at the Big 12 Championship. Bwahahahahaha!!

It really must suck. Pity.

After a national championship, a big twelve championship really just doesn't do it, kansas state did us in, after that we could of cared less, thats pretty cool though, you guys thinking so highly of the big 12 championship....ahh, thats sweet....honestly i enjoyed that slap in the face by you guys to wake us up.

gg no re
11-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Congrats to Vince Young on a stellar game. Overcoming 3 scores to win is never easy.

SMH at the Giants... it took the Eagles five years to fall off after hitting their stride, it took the Giants only half a season.

Snapple
11-26-2006, 08:48 PM
As a Longhorn, I couldn't be happier for Vince. I wish him nothing but success, and I hope he continues to prove his doubters wrong.

As for the Texans... well, what's done is done. No sense dwelling on coulda, woulda, shoulda drafted. We'll get turned around in our own way.

TexansLucky13
11-26-2006, 08:48 PM
After a national championship, a big twelve championship really just doesn't do it, kansas state did us in, after that we could of cared less, thats pretty cool though, you guys thinking so highly of the big 12 championship....ahh, thats sweet....honestly i enjoyed that slap in the face by you guys to wake us up.

You guys are more messed up than I thought.

Oh well.... Gig'em!

Maddict5
11-26-2006, 08:50 PM

how did he lose 2 games by a point when hes a winner???:tease:

-again not hating on VY..just wondering how he ever lost due to the fact he single handedly accounts for every titan victory or loss, and how he seemingly turned into tom brady all of a sudden..esp when just 2 weeks(?) ago he was terrible

aj.
11-26-2006, 08:56 PM
how did he lose 2 games by a point when hes a winner???:tease:

-again not hating on VY..just wondering how he turned into tom brady all of a sudden..esp when just a week ago he was terrible

He didn't turn into Tom Brady. He was just being Vince -- bringing his team back from 21 down in the 4th quarter to win -- you know...that leadership thing...

Nawzer
11-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Congrats to VY on the great win!

ChrisG
11-26-2006, 09:04 PM

no the score counts...u can go home with a 150 passer ranking and if u are not bringing a win with it, it doesn't mean ****

teams don't make the playoffs because of passer ratings, super bowls are not won by passer rating...and it is also one of the worst put together rankings in the nfl...alot of QBs will take sacks to avoid an incomp hurting thier passer ranking, it needs to be reorganized, but that is for another post

if his rating was 4, and the offense worked together to bring them back that is all that counts...

passing rating means nothing, wins are what count

Runner
11-26-2006, 09:09 PM
To Whom It May Concern:

He was joking:

mexican_texan
11-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Mario had a good day too. He didn't throw a single incompletion.

houstonhurricane
11-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I have to give VY serious credit - that was an incredible fourth quarter. I was opposed to drafting him this year (wanted RB); however, those are some serious leadership skills (and talent) he displayed today...

El Amigo Invisible
11-26-2006, 09:17 PM
I feel as if we passed on Micheal Jordan .:fireball:

profan
11-26-2006, 09:17 PM
congrats to vince, great win, but he's got a long way to go to match david carrs nfl record for completions. no way can vince be the qb that dc is, all vince knows how to do is lead a team and win.

Hookem Horns
11-26-2006, 09:18 PM

With very little talent around him. I guess not every player needs to be surrounded by Pro Bowlers to win.

Maddict5
He didn't turn into Tom Brady. He was just being Vince -- bringing his team back from 21 down in the 4th quarter to win -- you know...that leadership thing...

i meant singlehandedly winning games- sorry vince looks like he'll be a good/great player but he got some luck today- kiwi just letting go of him etc.. and to me luck isnt = leadership

doughboy
I was there and can you say....Music City Miracle #2

TexansLucky13
11-26-2006, 09:20 PM
With very little talent around him. I guess not every player needs to be surrounded by Pro Bowlers to win.

Was anyone on the field other than Vince? Was it Vince Young vs. The Giants?

Hmmm.....

thunderkyss
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

To Whom It May Concern:

He was joking:

It really doesn't matter. he was 25 for 30 for 250 yards 2TD, and no INTs. Then he also had a rushing TD. His numbers are going to look near perfect.

almost Godlike since it came in a win.

doughboy

Hmmm.....

Pacman Baby!!!!!!!

thunderkyss
11-26-2006, 09:22 PM
i meant singlehandedly winning games- sorry vince looks like he'll be a good/great player but he got some luck today- kiwi just letting go of him etc.. and to me luck isnt = leadership

He just happened to get 2 passing TDs, and a rushing TD??

he must have a freakin leprechaun up his ass.

Huge
11-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM.
That number will be obliterated if Vince leads the Titans in a comeback win against the Texans in Houston in a couple of weeks.

Runner
11-26-2006, 09:28 PM

Hmmm.....

He had the same number of players on the field with him, with the same record, as Carr did. One team fought, one team quit today.

I was never a big "VY as NFL QB" fan. I thought he peaked in college and would be average at best in the NFL. However, this one data point makes me reconsider my opinion. He has a long way to go and many more games to win to prove where he fits in the NFL, but games like this indicate he could very well be special in this league too.

Frankly, I'm surprised but willing to recognize he did well and lived up to some of the hype.

Kaiser Toro
11-26-2006, 09:29 PM
I was there and can you say....Music City Miracle #2

I was watching it and said the same thing to my boys. Vince, and Pac Man, took that team on their shoulders. The great ones make others around them better consistently. In my opinion VY is starting to show some early hints of a trend.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 09:35 PM
That number will be obliterated if Vince leads the Titans in a comeback win against the Texans in Houston in a couple of weeks.

That would mean our offense could actually get us a lead :heh:

kbourda
11-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Never have I seen on this MB such a name conjure up so much hate or disrespect. Tell me, had this been Matt Leinart why do I feel that the same VY naysayers would be out saying terms like, "That's what a TRUE QB is supposed to do.". And say "VY does not have the passing skills to do that for a win.". Honestly, the kid has skills, period. And to flat out pass it off as luck is utter BS. Just a few weeks ago Carr was praised league wide for almost pulling one out against the Giants and Vince is lucky. Yeah so much for that 3 year "learning" curve. Let's do some quick math, 8 starts 4 wins. He has a ground attack, but so did Roethlisburger when people were crowning his ass as being the next one. I hear nothing but doom and gloom when it comes to this man and he consistenly proves otherwise on the football field.

Tale Gator
11-26-2006, 09:54 PM
VY had his coming out party today - expect more of the same moving forward.

Maddict5
11-26-2006, 09:55 PM
He just happened to get 2 passing TDs, and a rushing TD??

he must have a freakin leprechaun up his ass.

no ive already said he played great....however my point was that VY didnt singlehandedly defeat the injury-ravaged giants(hey if carr had done it-it wouldve been mentioned so fair's fair)...it took plays by others and bad play by the giants for that comeback to occur...

Kaiser Toro
11-26-2006, 09:58 PM
The Wonderlich score is not a measurement for leadership and predicting freakish comebacks. It also does not measure luck (for those playing the luck card).

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-26-2006, 09:59 PM

I believe he was 24/35 with a 107.9 QB rating. Sorry, nice try though.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I believe he was 24/35 with a 107.9 QB rating. Sorry, nice try though.
he was being sarcastic

Maddict5
11-26-2006, 10:04 PM
The Wonderlich score is not a measurement for leadership and predicting freakish comebacks. It also does not measure luck (for those playing the luck card).

??? yeah it measures simple intelligence- thanks.. next week could you reveal what the letters N-F-L actually stand for?

(sorry to whoever i nicked that sentence off of but i love it)

and im not saying the titans won because of luck..im saying it was a mixture of some of their players (including VY) playing great, some bad giants play AND some luck...NOT JUST VY(which is something some of y'all are having trouble understanding)

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-26-2006, 10:04 PM
I know this is a Vince thread, but Pac-Man just had the game where he proved he is one of the best cornerbacks in the entire NFL. Two great interceptions.

Pac-Man is a true shut down corner and by the end of the year all NFL fans/media will begin to compare him to Champ Bailey. He's incredible.

Runner
11-26-2006, 10:05 PM
The point is that Young did well today. That has absolutely nothing to do with David Carr.

Texans fans may wish we could do the same thing, but just because the Texans can't is no reason to knock this performance.

I see all kinds of posts on this board lamenting the Texans lack of respect from the media and other fans. The team hasn't done much to earn it, but the fans demand it. These same fans can't in turn respect a top performance earned by another team/player.

Runner
11-26-2006, 10:05 PM
I know this is a Vince thread, but Pac-Man just had the game where he proved he is one of the best cornerbacks in the entire NFL. Two great interceptions.

Pac-Man is a true shut down corner and by the end of the year all NFL fans/media will begin to compare him to Champ Bailey. He's incredible.

Agreed. On field he is top notch.

texflex513
11-26-2006, 10:09 PM

VINCE... please stop man we have enough trouble on the board as it is!!!!

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-26-2006, 10:11 PM
VINCE... please stop man we have enough trouble on the board as it is!!!!

Haha good post, pos rep coming your way

TexanSam
11-26-2006, 10:20 PM

Too bad his attitude sucks. As good as Pac-Man is though, I don't think he'll be compared too Champ Bailey. I still think Champ is on a higher level than Pac-Man.

thunderkyss
11-26-2006, 10:31 PM
and im not saying the titans won because of luck..im saying it was a mixture of some of their players (including VY) playing great, some bad giants play AND some luck...NOT JUST VY(which is something some of y'all are having trouble understanding)

You just don't get it.

We have more talent than the Titans do.

Their best reciever is DrewBennett..... & Vince was their leading rusher.

(Titan Tack, stay out of this, I'm trying to make a point.)

Maddict5
11-26-2006, 10:38 PM
You just don't get it.

We have more talent than the Titans do.

Their best reciever is DrewBennett..... & Vince was their leading rusher.

(Titan Tack, stay out of this, I'm trying to make a point.)

sorry but thats just stupid because- you cant compare our talent levels to the titans- so what if we have a bigger name wr- he hasnt exactly been setting the world alight either..VY has a good running game, an ok line and good wrs and te's...and he is a good qb himself so sorry but who said we had more talent- i mustve missed that memo

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Haha they just showed Coughlin's post game interview DURING the Sunday Night Game. Inbetween plays. Haha hilarious.

dtran04
11-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Eli in that game.......AWFUL. Got ripped by Coughlin today.

Huge
11-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Biggest comeback by a rookie QB in the history of the NFL. Previous was 19 points by John Elway when he beat the Colts as a rookie.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-26-2006, 10:48 PM
I <3 Vince

(in a completely heterosexual way)

TexanSam
11-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Haha they just showed Coughlin's post game interview DURING the Sunday Night Game. Inbetween plays. Haha hilarious.

Was it better than Dennis Green's "They are who we thought they were!!!!!!!!" ? Because if it is, it's an instant classic.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Was it better than Dennis Green's "They are who we thought they were!!!!!!!!" ? Because if it is, it's an instant classic.

No, what they showed he was calm. I just like seeing the Titans getting a lot of exposure....Hell, we haven't had a prime time game since 2004.

Huge
11-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Let's face it, Vince is the biggest news to hit Tennessee since indoor plumbing.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Let's face it, Vince is the biggest news to hit Nashville since indoor plumbing.

Don't be hatin'

kastofsna
11-26-2006, 11:21 PM
helluva game for young.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 11:23 PM
heck of a forth quarter by pac man too.. 2 int's(one to give the titans the last second field goal) and a 23 yard punt return.

Maddict5
11-26-2006, 11:28 PM
^had a nice 10yd run aswell after a botched trick play on offence- contributing in all phases

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Pac just booked his ticket to Hawaii (I hope)

Hookem Horns
11-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Vince just set the NFL record for largest comeback ever by an NFL rookie QB.

However, as all the Aggies here pointed out, he won't pan out in the NFL and the Texans would be stupid in drafting him because we already have a great QB. I guess we should have drafted Bush.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-27-2006, 12:43 AM

However, as all the Aggies here pointed out, he won't pan out in the NFL and the Texans would be stupid in drafting him because we already have a great QB. I guess we should have drafted Bush.

As an un-biased third party LSU fan who doesn't care about the Texas/A&M rivalry: The Aggies suck. I can't remember the last time I thought A&M was good.

They might have beat you this year but whenever they talk crap just remind them about that National Championship last year. Oh, and also remind them that they've never had a player that could even hold Vince's jock.

phan1
11-27-2006, 02:08 AM
This has gotta make you sick to your stomache as a Texans fan. Cause you know that everytime we lose and the Titans win (even if he didn't have that great a game) we're going to have to hear about it. And even if Mario had a great game like he did today, he could never be credited with a win the way a QB can. I don't even freakin care about VY either! I more concerned with what WE need to work on and what WE need to do win games. But Carr vs Young is something your going to hear about for a damn long time.

Sigh... It's SO HARD being a Texans fan...

aj.
11-27-2006, 07:17 AM

Oh....never mind. I saw "Pac" and "booked" in the same sentence and was thinking something else. Carry on...

Revolution
11-27-2006, 07:53 AM

Blah, blah, blah! :blah: Silly tsip. I am an Aggie and I love Vince. Keep the rivalry out of this. It has nothing to do with why most people thought it would be the wrong move to draft Vince. Most people do not think his game will translate to the NFL long term. Time will tell. One game does not prove the argument either way.

Revolution
11-27-2006, 08:10 AM
As an un-biased third party LSU fan who doesn't care about the Texas/A&M rivalry: The Aggies suck. I can't remember the last time I thought A&M was good.

They might have beat you this year but whenever they talk crap just remind them about that National Championship last year. Oh, and also remind them that they've never had a player that could even hold Vince's jock.

This applies to this thread how? Since you veered right off the dirt road there in Tennessee:

Just a reminder, the Aggies record against the tsips since 1984 is 14-9. The pendulum has swung back in our favor...Mack will be fired in the next 3 years. You read it here first!

kastofsna
11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
that almost be as awful as deangelo hall going to the pro bowl.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-27-2006, 11:25 AM
that almost be as awful as deangelo hall going to the pro bowl.

Then you must not watch many Titans games. He hasn't allowed a TD all year and he has shut down every receiver he has faced. He has 3 INTs and a Forced Fumble.

If he doesn't make it for CB then he will definitely make it for Return Specialist.

Huge
11-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Oh....never mind. I saw "Pac" and "booked" in the same sentence and was thinking something else. Carry on...

:heh:

jerek
11-27-2006, 12:36 PM

Nice ... you can't celebrate a player's performance without injecting it with a fat dose of whine. Speaking of big mistakes, why don't parents seem to limit their children's internet usage any more?

Bongo59
11-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Biggest comeback by a rookie QB in the history of the NFL. Previous was 19 points by John Elway when he beat the Colts as a rookie.......you guys are a joke............the guy has started all of 8 games and he is 4-4 for a horrendous team..............all he does is win..........McNair was here last yr with the same crew and won only 4 games...............VY is a stud pure and simple...........and he is going ot get better and better with talent around him............Carr already has had talent at WR and RB and he never showed this in his rookie or any other yr.................

Bongo59
11-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Then you must not watch many Titans games. He hasn't allowed a TD all year and he has shut down every receiver he has faced. He has 3 INTs and a Forced Fumble.

If he doesn't make it for CB then he will definitely make it for Return Specialist.
not true...........TGlenn got him and so did Dmase........if youre going to talk smack be accurate.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-27-2006, 03:33 PM
not true...........TGlenn got him and so did Dmase........if youre going to talk smack be accurate.

Not exactly. When "TGlenn" and "Dmase" got most of their yards, Reynaldo Hill was covering them. I go to the every Titans game and trust me that's one of the main things I pay attention to.

For example, Hill was covering T.O. on one play and I turned to someone and said "they're throwing to T.O. on this play" and they did, he got like a 45 yard play. Cause Hill is horrible.

thunderkyss
11-27-2006, 04:47 PM
did anybody mention that Vince had no running game to help him against the Giants??

That Vince was the Titans leading rusher with 69 yards and a touchdown??

Double Barrel
11-27-2006, 04:54 PM
VY has it, and we're going to have to watch it twice a year for the next decade+.

*sigh*

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-27-2006, 05:06 PM
did anybody mention that Vince had no running game to help him against the Giants??

That Vince was the Titans leading rusher with 69 yards and a touchdown??

Hasn't been mentioned but yes, that is true.

The Dream
11-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Never have I seen on this MB such a name conjure up so much hate or disrespect. Tell me, had this been Matt Leinart why do I feel that the same VY naysayers would be out saying terms like, "That's what a TRUE QB is supposed to do.". And say "VY does not have the passing skills to do that for a win.". Honestly, the kid has skills, period. And to flat out pass it off as luck is utter BS. Just a few weeks ago Carr was praised league wide for almost pulling one out against the Giants and Vince is lucky. Yeah so much for that 3 year "learning" curve. Let's do some quick math, 8 starts 4 wins. He has a ground attack, but so did Roethlisburger when people were crowning his ass as being the next one. I hear nothing but doom and gloom when it comes to this man and he consistenly proves otherwise on the football field.

Word...I've been saying VY > Carr for a while now. I still don't understand how people could actually agree with signing Carr back and passing on a talent like Vince. :cool:

Kaiser Toro
11-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Word...I've been saying VY > Carr for a while now. I still don't understand how people could actually agree with signing Carr back and passing on a talent like Vince. :cool:

VY may be greater than Carr and Bush may be the next Gayle Sayers. However, we did the right thing and drafted Mario.

The Dream
11-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Seriously man, I actually have grown to like Mario but a freaking defensive end should not be your 1st draft pick. A quarterback can have much more of a impact on a game. I'm going to get my VY jersey next weekend.

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2006, 06:12 PM
They're both important to a good team .

The Dream
11-27-2006, 06:16 PM
They're both important to a good team .

but the texans weren't/aren't good, that's why you take the player who can make the biggest impact....this team is just as bad as they were a year ago, I have a feeling that would be different had we drafted Vince.

Double Barrel
11-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Dominant defenses can win NFL championships most of the time. A great DE is a huge part of a defense of this caliber.

The Dream
11-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Well our defense isn't anything I'd consider great, neither is Mario. I understand that D can win titles, but you also need some sort of offense also. Carr is just a straight up loser. I don't care how good your D is you still need offense to go along with it (see chicago bears)

Double Barrel
11-27-2006, 06:38 PM
yeah, I don't disagree with you, Dream. I'm just pointing out the logic behind choosing a DE with the first overall pick. I think the jury is out on Mario and will be another season before they come back with a verdict. That position can take awhile to master in the NFL.

The Dream
11-27-2006, 06:44 PM
I actually think Mario is going to turn out to be a good player. My anger isn't aimed at him, it's more towards the organization.

Huge
11-27-2006, 08:23 PM
......you guys are a joke............the guy has started all of 8 games and he is 4-4 for a horrendous team..............all he does is win..........McNair was here last yr with the same crew and won only 4 games...............VY is a stud pure and simple...........and he is going ot get better and better with talent around him............Carr already has had talent at WR and RB and he never showed this in his rookie or any other yr.................
That's swell.

But why did you quote me before you posted it?

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-27-2006, 08:39 PM
I like Mario. He's a beast. But I've got to agree with Dream on this one. I'm one of those people who likes high risk = high reward. If you pick the right QB then you develop the team around him. You can't build a team around a DE.

I hope you guys draft Brady or Troy so the Texans can do what the Titans are doing this year: rebuild the team around a great leader (which I think Brady or Troy can be)

phan1
11-28-2006, 12:47 AM
You know, if Kiwana made that tackle, everyone would be talking about how Young got a lot of garbage points and stats just like Carr has the past few games. The Titans got pretty darn LUCKY. Even Carr beat Dallas in his 1st NFL game. I can't wait til we beat the Titans in Reliant so I don't have to read any more obnoxious "fluff" VY pieces that 1) don't make much sense and 2) are totally irrelevent to why we aren't winning games. I want to talk about what's going on with the Texans. Can't we talk about the 2006 draft after the season is over at least? There is a reason why we are losing guys! And not drafting Vince is hardly one of them!

mexican_texan
11-28-2006, 12:53 AM
I like Mario. He's a beast. But I've got to agree with Dream on this one. I'm one of those people who likes high risk = high reward. If you pick the right QB then you develop the team around him. You can't build a team around a DE.

I hope you guys draft Brady or Troy so the Texans can do what the Titans are doing this year: rebuild the team around a great leader (which I think Brady or Troy can be)
You can't build a team around a QB either. Peyton Manning illustrates my point. A prolific offense is swell and dandy, but if the defense can't stay off the field, a ring is not in sight.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-28-2006, 01:01 AM
You know, if Kiwana made that tackle, everyone would be talking about how Young got a lot of garbage points and stats just like Carr has the past few games. The Titans got pretty darn LUCKY. Even Carr beat Dallas in his 1st NFL game. I can't wait til we beat the Titans in Reliant so I don't have to read any more obnoxious "fluff" VY pieces that 1) don't make much sense and 2) are totally irrelevent to why we aren't winning games. I want to talk about what's going on with the Texans. Can't we talk about the 2006 draft after the season is over at least? There is a reason why we are losing guys! And not drafting Vince is hardly one of them!

If - pretty big word in that sentence

run-david-run
11-28-2006, 01:21 AM

The Titans D getting two turnovers and special teams certanly helped. As much as we like to turn this into a VY vs Carr thing, our whole team quit and our whole team fails to capitalize on opportunities. I bet VY did not make a throw Carr couldnt, its just about getting the opportunity and being put into a position to suceed (such as using a system VY is comfortable with- shotgun). I dont see us doing this for Carr, nor do I see our D coming up with two huge interceptions in the 4th and coming together when really needed.

run-david-run
11-28-2006, 01:25 AM
Seriously man, I actually have grown to like Mario but a freaking defensive end should not be your 1st draft pick. A quarterback can have much more of a impact on a game. I'm going to get my VY jersey next weekend.

When was the last time a team with a great offense but no defense won the SuperBowl? It almost never happens. Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, Bucs, even the 99 Rams had a very good D. Richard Seymore has 3 rings, how many does Peyton have?

travfrancis
11-28-2006, 01:38 AM
I can't wait til we beat the Titans in Reliant so I don't have to read any more obnoxious "fluff" VY pieces

That sounds familar except replace Reliant with Tennessee's stadium.

Maddict5
11-28-2006, 11:48 AM

first off i think pacman is a good cb

second i hate that argument because its hard to prove wrong unless you watch the games yourself- which most dont(cowboys fans always say the same bout newman- then i watch the 'boys v the colts and what does he do- give up a td)

ive only seen 2 titans games all year- v the ravens and v the giants and ive seen him give up a td in both and both were horrible plays by him

v the ravens- he just lets mason run past him while looking at the qb
v the giants- he lets plaxico just run past him while he stands still lookin at the qb(yes it was a PA pass near the GL but when burress ran past him he should've known it was a pass and tryed to recover instead of just standing still)

bah007
11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
first off i think pacman is a good cb

second i hate that argument because its hard to prove wrong unless you watch the games yourself- which most dont(cowboys fans always say the same bout newman- then i watch the 'boys v the colts and what does he do- give up a td)

ive only seen 2 titans games all year- v the ravens and v the giants and ive seen him give up a td in both and both were horrible plays by him

v the ravens- he just lets mason run past him while looking at the qb
v the giants- he lets plaxico just run past him while he stands still lookin at the qb(yes it was a PA pass near the GL but when burress ran past him he should've known it was a pass and tryed to recover instead of just standing still)

If he let the WR in the Ravens game run right by him while he was staring at the QB then I am 75% sure that they were in a zone coverage and that WR was running into the safety's zone.

On the goal line teams mostly run man coverage so that would be a TD against Pac.

P.S.- The TD against Newman in the Colts game was in zone coverage & I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure that Wayne ran right through Newman's zone and into the safety's.

Either way, even if the TD counts against Newman, he had of run of 25+ games without giving up a TD.

I only wish I could say the same thing about our CBs.

Bongo59
11-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Jones has given up TD's to TGlenn Mason and Plexi............the one to DMase was all on Jones.........they were in cover three and Jones responsibility was deep corner.............Hope took the TE as he should have............Adam missed his assignment................bottomline it does not matter because it is going to happen at times to any CB.............the real issue here is a poster trying to make Jones into something he is not.............Jones makes alot of coverage errors and mistakes.............lately he is making more plays than not...............

kastofsna
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
terrence newman...now THERE's a true shutdown corner.

The Dream
11-28-2006, 03:32 PM
When was the last time a team with a great offense but no defense won the SuperBowl? It almost never happens. Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, Bucs, even the 99 Rams had a very good D. Richard Seymore has 3 rings, how many does Peyton have?

yes, I'm not denying that you don't need D to win a title, BUT it is much easier to build a struggling franchise around a QB than it is a DB....QB's impact the game more...no question......PLUS the Texans need "that" guy, they need a leader and Vince could've been that leader that they're still searching for.

The Titans D getting two turnovers and special teams certanly helped. As much as we like to turn this into a VY vs Carr thing, our whole team quit and our whole team fails to capitalize on opportunities. I bet VY did not make a throw Carr couldnt, its just about getting the opportunity and being put into a position to suceed (such as using a system VY is comfortable with- shotgun). I dont see us doing this for Carr, nor do I see our D coming up with two huge interceptions in the 4th and coming together when really needed.

I'm tired of the excuses for Carr...yes the texans aren't a good team, but some of that has to do with David himself.

dtran04
11-28-2006, 03:39 PM
I kind of find the comeback heroes ironic because if they were so great, why were they behind in the first place? They make nice stories and all but ideally, I'd get a QB that puts a team away. Wouldn't you?

The Dream
11-28-2006, 03:41 PM
^^^yes it would be nice to put a team away, but the NFL doesn't work like that (Just like any sport)....comebacks and last minute drives are what separates the great from the good (not trying to call VY great, but u get the point)

thunderkyss
11-28-2006, 03:48 PM
^^^yes it would be nice to put a team away, but the NFL doesn't work like that (Just like any sport)....comebacks and last minute drives are what separates the great from the good (not trying to call VY great, but u get the point)

That's definitely part of it, but getting a big lead early helps your defense quite a bit. The SuperBowl Rams, Most of the Denver Bronco teams in the last Decade, the Colts........ they get a lead, and make you abandon your run game... make you one dimensional.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-28-2006, 05:04 PM
That's definitely part of it, but getting a big lead early helps your defense quite a bit. The SuperBowl Rams, Most of the Denver Bronco teams in the last Decade, the Colts........ they get a lead, and make you abandon your run game... make you one dimensional.

This is a moot point. Why don't we just say good teams win and bad teams don't. It doesn't matter how you get the W as long as you do.

Now, that must continue into January. But, the Colts, OH THE GREAT ALMIGHTY COLTS, don't know how to play in January.

Super Bowls won:
Indy Colts: 0
Titans: 0
Texans: 0
Jags: 0

Dr. Toro
11-28-2006, 05:20 PM
I kind of find the comeback heroes ironic because if they were so great, why were they behind in the first place? They make nice stories and all but ideally, I'd get a QB that puts a team away. Wouldn't you?

Well, as it relates to VY against NYG, the team was done in by early fumbles on back to back possessions by Henry and White (credited to VY because it was a handoff, but looked to be White's bad) and some bad defense. VY was throwing the ball very well before the fourth quarter, but between the turnovers and uninspired playcalling, they found themselves in a big hole. He put plenty of people away at Texas, right?

Maddict5
11-29-2006, 07:13 AM
If he let the WR in the Ravens game run right by him while he was staring at the QB then I am 75% sure that they were in a zone coverage and that WR was running into the safety's zone.

On the goal line teams mostly run man coverage so that would be a TD against Pac.

P.S.- The TD against Newman in the Colts game was in zone coverage & I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure that Wayne ran right through Newman's zone and into the safety's.

Either way, even if the TD counts against Newman, he had of run of 25+ games without giving up a TD.

I only wish I could say the same thing about our CBs.

bongo has addressed pacman's bad plays and newman was lined up opposite wayne in the slot.. the colts faked a screen to the outside wr and newman bit on it hardand wayne went uncovered to the endzone- i will admit it does look like a safety was supposed to help over the top but newman still was supposed to cover him imo

bah007
11-29-2006, 11:00 AM
bongo has addressed pacman's bad plays and newman was lined up opposite wayne in the slot.. the colts faked a screen to the outside wr and newman bit on it hardand wayne went uncovered to the endzone- i will admit it does look like a safety was supposed to help over the top but newman still was supposed to cover him imo

If that's the case then his streak is over.

I'm sure he will just start a new one anyway.

Cowboys or not, I think he is one of the top 3 shutdown corners in the league & I wish we had him.

Titanic
11-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Bongo is a fervent Pacman hater. How in the world he can give Plaxico's TD to Pacman is beyond me. They're playing quarters in a goal line set, pac has the outside, Plax cuts inside directly in front of Lamont Thompson and Eli fits it in between Lamont and whoever had the middle. Pacman was eight or nine yards from the play. Noone's saying Pac is perfect but despite Bongo's protestations he is playing as well as any CB in the league right now. I enjoy your posts bongo but the vendetta is rediculous. We all know you hate Pac, but you're probably not any more accurate in your complaints about him than you were when you declared that Fisher had lost the locker room. Get over it, he's a Titan now. If you play nice he might even decide not to spit on you and give you a ride in his caddy.

CaptainPatriot
11-30-2006, 07:31 PM

What counts is that he had 0 INT's!!!!

CaptainPatriot
11-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Mark down last weeks victory for VY over the giants. This is going to be the beginning of what should have been. As we watch VY get better and better with more talent coming in IE:WR's better D in next years draft. Texans will be at home once again looking at them playing in the playoffs. We all will be sick to our stomachs as he runs all over the field like in the Rose Bowl .Then texans will draft another #1 QB and end up like Ryan Leaf. Texans will be cursed!

CaptainPatriot
11-30-2006, 07:59 PM

How about never!!! From the Greenbay Packers of SB1 to the Steelers of last year SB40 all Defenses! But it helps to have a QB that doesn't make TO's. Look at dallas now. With a Good D avg team with bledsoe. Now contending for SB with Romo. Look at Ravens in 2000 awsome D but had a QB that didn't make TO's. Last week PATS had 5 TO's but with QB Grossman factor 4 TO's PATS win! The Bears have the best D in the league too!