PDA

View Full Version : Poll on Carr

TexanFanInCC
11-26-2006, 06:08 PM
anybody think a high school QB can throw screens and dinks as well as carr can? (it shouldnt take a star)

Lemme be less harsh and ask: can ANY qb do what carr does? reason why im asking is because i think of how much were paying carr to do something that any QB in the NFL (starter or backup) can do (throw screens, dumpoffs, and dinks all day) i think sage rosenfels, or any QB for that matter, can complete 70% of their passes if they did what carr did. and that makes you wonder why the heck is carr making as much as he is.

Another question I want to ask is: Are the recievers somehow not getting open? I dont see how this is the case when you have AJ, moulds, and even daniels now out there. at least one of these guys HAS to be open 15+ yds away right??
I dont know if it is the system that kubiak has brought in here, or if it is carr, but i think we are doing a poor job of utilizing the speed and talent of our recievers. even when we get the ball to moulds or AJ, they are 7 yd quick slants rather than 20 yarders.

Tulip
11-26-2006, 06:10 PM
He often doesn't have the field vision to catch open receivers.

But I also don't mind pointing out that Kubiak's two-tight-end system is choking the offense.

Goldeagle
11-26-2006, 06:11 PM
As the announcers said, "NO ONE IS GETTING OPEN DOWNFIELD TO THROW TO!"

TexanFanInCC
11-26-2006, 06:12 PM
but its not like the pass protection has been bad enough to where you need 2 TE's. i mean, i havent noticed very many major breakdowns in the offensive line.

Goldeagle
11-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Something Tillman said a couple of weeks ago, is that the O-line is not forming a good passing pocket? I think Carr was sacked 4 times today?

TexanFanInCC
11-26-2006, 06:15 PM
As the announcers said, "NO ONE IS GETTING OPEN DOWNFIELD TO THROW TO!"

i find it hard to believe.

K.D.
11-26-2006, 06:20 PM
To Answer These ? Yeah, Anybody Can Throw These Dink And Dunk Passes. That's Pretty Much All We Can Do Right Now. Throwing The Ball 15 Yrds Downfield, That's Just Some Thing This Offense Isn't Capable Of. Either We Don't Have Enough Pass Ptctn, Get The Ball Off And It's Dropped, Or The Ball Is Up For Grabs. Either Way You Look At It, This Offense Is Doomed In One Way Or The Other.

Wharton
11-26-2006, 06:22 PM
i find it hard to believe.

me too.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 06:22 PM
yes, I'm positive there are people here on this board that could do the same thing (and I'm serious)

wolfscar
11-26-2006, 06:26 PM
He's doing what he's being asked to do. We're bad right now, but some fundamental aspects of our game are improving hugely - he's just at the center of it. Don't expect him to emerge cocoon-like all of a sudden as the second coming of Joe Montana.

I voted 'Yes' by the way.