PDA

View Full Version : Steve McKinney?

Wolf
11-26-2006, 04:44 PM
somewhere I lost out on where this guy is?

I take it Weary beat him out? or is Steve injured?

and if Weary beat him out.. I wonder if Steve will be around next season with his salary

Tulip
11-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Weary beat him out.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 04:51 PM
thanks, and I imagine if we find someone else, steve is probably gone due to salary

Tulip
11-26-2006, 04:54 PM
thanks, and I imagine if we find someone else, steve is probably gone due to salary

I would think so, too. He's definitely in his last years, and his contract is too large for a backup (wasn't that the excuse for cutting Robaire Smith?).

cdastros
11-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Does McKinney play a better center than Flanagan? If he does, it is not saying much because Flanagan sucks.

Tulip
11-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Does McKinney play a better center than Flanagan? If he does, it is not saying much because Flanagan sucks.

He was terrible at center last year and below average at center the other 3 seasons.

dbspi
11-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Steve McKinney was signed to new contract beginning of this year. He was free agent at end of last year. So cutting McKinney will have salary cap ramifications. He is signed for next 4 years I believe.

Charlie Casserly and all his bone headed moves. Now we know why Texans are where they are at the moment.

Runner
11-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Steve McKinney was signed to new contract beginning of this year. He was free agent at end of last year. So cutting McKinney will have salary cap ramifications. He is signed for next 4 years I believe.

I think McKinney's renegotiated contract gave him a little more money this year but made him more cuttable next year. I don't think he was a free agent. One of you salary cap experts would know better than me, I just recall discussing that when his new deal was announced.

-------------------------------------

As far as him playing, Kubiak touted that we had three starting quality guards and he'd rotate Pitts, Weary, and McKinney. As far as I can tell, that rotation happened exactly once - the series Pitts was benched and his "played every offensive snap for the Texans" string was broken.

I said at the time that benching was a message to Pitts, and my theory wasn't well received. Well, Pitts has played every down since then.

Hervoyel
11-26-2006, 07:15 PM
I agreed with you. It was IMO a rather low move on Kubiaks part.

Ibar_Harry
11-26-2006, 07:24 PM
I agreed with you. It was IMO a rather low move on Kubiaks part.

Perhaps Seth Wand being another one.

Runner
11-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Perhaps Seth Wand being another one.

Who needs a quality back-up with a year's starting experience when you have the bullet-proof Wiegert and Salaam as two of your top three tackles? Or as your top two tackles after two games? :sarcasm:

That mistake was solely on this regime, and it was too late when they finally faced up to their error.