PDA

View Full Version : Carr, Plummer, James?

aggieNzona
11-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Random thoughts...
1. Trade Carr to DEN for Jake (Carr can back up), Jake would just be a stop gap or a Sage backup.
2. Trade Carr to OAK for draft pics?
3. Make a trade to Arizona for Edge, he needs a zone blocking scheme.
4. Sign Curt Warner, he will be let go by AZ.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 03:57 PM
As much as I dislike David, I wouldn't want another loser going by the name Jake Plummer to be in a Texans uni come next year.

DeclanJr
11-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Plummer and Carr are the same quarterback. I'll take any of the options you mentioned, but pleeeaaaasssseeee don't brind in Plummer!!!

NFLforher
11-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Plummer and Carr are the same quarterback. I'll take any of the options you mentioned, but pleeeaaaasssseeee don't brind in Plummer!!!

Noooooo!!!!

texanskan
11-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Random thoughts...
1. Trade Carr to DEN for Jake (Carr can back up), Jake would just be a stop gap or a Sage backup.

aggy, I know your all jacked up about Friday but that does not give you the green light to come up with crazy senarios.

Hervoyel
11-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah Carr and Plummer are the same QB! Don't bring Plummer here!

Except that Plummers Broncos are 40-18 since he got there and he routinely throws for over 3,000 yards. He's thrown for 70 TD's since coming to Denver while Carr throws in the 2,000's mostly, has thrown for 48 TD's and has guided the Texans to a 17-42 record in the same amount of time.

On second thought I don't think you guys know what you're talking about. Plummer could hold the reigns for the next couple of years and it would probably be a big step up from our current QB.

Scooter
11-26-2006, 05:11 PM

Except that Plummers Broncos are 40-18 since he got there and he routinely throws for over 3,000 yards. He's thrown for 70 TD's since coming to Denver while Carr throws in the 2,000's mostly, has thrown for 48 TD's and has guided the Texans to a 17-42 record in the same amount of time.

On second thought I don't think you guys know what you're talking about. Plummer could hold the reigns for the next couple of years and it would probably be a big step up from our current QB.

plummer would be a terrible idea ... he only won 9 home games last season. wait, have the texans won 9 home games in 5 years?

Scott D
11-26-2006, 05:12 PM
I still don't think it's a QB issue only as much as you do.

houstonhurricane
11-26-2006, 05:31 PM

I think Denver has had a "little" more talent and better coaching over the last five years...don't you?

Hervoyel
11-26-2006, 06:36 PM
certainly Denver has had more talent and better coaching over the last 5 years. That's not really the issue in my mind. I'm not for running David Carr out of town because he's failed in the nearly impossible mission of taking an expansion team to the promised land. I'm for going in another direction at QB for far different reasons. I believe that collectively we've all reached a point where it no longer matters how David Carr and the Texans got to this point. All that matters now is where we go from here.

To so many of the fans David Carr is the scapegoat and he'll never be able to overcome the years he's failed to win here in their eyes. The Texans should never have made a QB their first pick (a lot of us saw that then, I think all of us see that now) and the burden of being the QB of the perpetual losers that all expansion teams are should have gone to Tony Banks or some other journeyman QB who held the position while we built offensive and defensive lines, while we built depth.

It's too late to change the past and all that's left to do is start over. We've done that with the coaching staff and much of the roster but before it's all done we'll do it with the QB position too. When we do we'll need someone to hold down the spot until whoever we draft is ready to play. Jake Plummer is perfect for that job and that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying he's the answer. I'm just saying he's a perfect place holder until our next "franchise QB" is ready. Hopefully we won't get that one sacked into dust before he can make a difference.

Porky
11-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Trading Carr anywhere is not going to happen. nobody in their right mind (does that include Al Davis?) would take Carr with that contract. Unless one of the Carr boot lickers suddenly becomes GM, everyone in football will take a pass on Carr. We have to release him. He will end up backing up somewhere else long term. A Tony Banks if you will. Nobody is going to start this guy. Apparently, only the Texans are dumb enough to do that. We had a chance to get a real QB in VY, but passed. So, we release Carr, sign Plummer, who isn't great by any stretch, but is still far better than Carr. We need to then draft a young QB to groom, and for God sakes, don't throw him in until he is ready. I like Herv's idea on this.....

sakebomb
11-26-2006, 07:23 PM
We won't have to trade Carr to Denver. Denver is going to cut Plummer after this season and then we will sign him.

Koolbrz
11-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Random thoughts...

This is why you are not an NFL GM...LOL!!!

houstonhurricane
11-26-2006, 08:10 PM
We won't have to trade Carr to Denver. Denver is going to cut Plummer after this season and then we will sign him.

Now that I agree with...

If you think Plummer is the perfect man to hold down this job, you are kidding yourself. He will make for a nice backup...