PDA

View Full Version : What can we get for Carr?

IshouldbeGM
11-26-2006, 04:40 PM
I think some team will be dumb enough to overpay for Carr like Oakland or Detroit. I think we can get a low first rd pick for Carr, if not a low 1st definately a 2nd rd pick. This guy has to go! However, I dont believe we should bench Carr it will only hurt his trade value. Let him keep piling up his completion % stats and piling up the blow out 4th qtr stats.

Napa Auto Parts
11-26-2006, 04:41 PM
i think it would be very possible for us to get a 4th or 5th rounder if david agrees to redo he's contract to the league minimum.

Hervoyel
11-26-2006, 04:42 PM
I think you "should not be GM" because there's no way on earth that anyone is going to give a wooden nickle for David Carr right now. Yes I could see Oakland having an interest in him. I think there are quite a few teams that would like to see if they can salvage something here. I don't think most of them would give anything more than a day two pick for him at best.

IshouldbeGM
11-26-2006, 04:45 PM
son, quarterbacks always have higher value than other positions. aj feeley got traded for a 2nd rounder, daunte culpepper with a bum knee went for a 2nd rounder. Carr has all the physical tools, there's always some organization out there willing to overpay for a qb with tools

touttail
11-26-2006, 04:47 PM
What can you get???? Who the hell wants a loser!

Bobby 119C:gun:

Meisterman
11-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Trading in a Yugo won't get you much. Casserly didn't show McNair the blue book value before the 3 year extension. Of course...now Casserly is a stiff crash dummy on CBS.

Ole Miss Texan
11-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Trade Carr for Michael Vick.

DeclanJr
11-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I think you "should not be GM" because there's no way on earth that anyone is going to give a wooden nickle for David Carr right now. Yes I could see Oakland having an interest in him. I think there are quite a few teams that would like to see if they can salvage something here. I don't think most of them would give anything more than a day two pick for him at best.

A wooden nickel...that's pretty funny!

Johnny Utah
11-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Since Carr is pilling up some good stats, and with Harrington playing well in Miami I can see another team trying to take a gamble on Carr. I wouldn't be surprised if we could get a 3rd round pick for him.

JDizzle
11-26-2006, 05:21 PM
A Case of beer and some season passes to Schlitterbahn.

IshouldbeGM
11-26-2006, 05:22 PM
ill gladly take those passes to schlitterbahn and the beer....id take that deal in a heartbeat!

Hervoyel
11-26-2006, 05:31 PM
son, quarterbacks always have higher value than other positions. aj feeley got traded for a 2nd rounder, daunte culpepper with a bum knee went for a 2nd rounder. Carr has all the physical tools, there's always some organization out there willing to overpay for a qb with tools

What did Detroit get for Joey Harrington? Just curious because if you're going to start comparing QB's then you should at least compare David Carr to someone who's career mirrors his own. Nobody is going to confuse David Carr with Daunte Culpepper (bum knee or not) and the only reason Feeley was "worth" anything was because of the limited amount of film on him as a starter. When your second string QB gets a small amount of playing time but looks brilliant while doing it he might as well have won the lottery because there's always someone out there willing to take a shot at what appears to be a promising QB that somehow got overlooked. Again nobody is in danger of confusing David Carr with one of those.

Might get a late day one pick. Maybe. If someones GM is on crack that morning. Or it's Matt Millen. Maybe.

mefool3030
11-27-2006, 12:56 AM
They might want to trade Carr for Michael Vick. That would be greeeeaaattt.
Oh wait did I say Michael, I meant Marcus.