PDA

View Full Version : Texans:How thing could have been

Wolf
11-26-2006, 03:35 PM
If Michael Vick would have stayed in college and come out in 2002, we would have drafted him.

I saw his stats today and he rushed the heck out of the ball, but passing was horrible.

so for giggles I went to atlanta's messageboard.. almost a mirror image on this one on the views of our two QB's

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/?action=106

enjoy

Wolf
11-26-2006, 03:36 PM
mods I meant to put this in the NFL section..please move :confused:

Wolf
11-26-2006, 03:37 PM
It is actually funny reading the threads when it isn't your team :heh:

the wonger need food
11-26-2006, 03:37 PM
The difference is that Vick makes plays to win games for his team.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 03:42 PM
go read their boards.. their fans have the same feel as what fans here have about Carr.

hate him or love him

leadership/no leadership.

ThaShark316
11-26-2006, 03:44 PM

Not with his arm, thats for sure...

jerek
11-26-2006, 03:47 PM

And when he makes plays that distinctly lose the game for his team, none of you Carr-sucks guys say a word about it.

Carr is ten times the actual quarterback that Vick is ... not that context is applicable in these kinds of arguments though.

bah007
11-30-2006, 11:34 AM
LMAO, did you see Vicks salute too the kid's at the home game. Good pick by the Carr hater'.. now is the time to be Vick fans to jump on his wagon, plenty of room for ya. :gun:

To be fair, I saw the replay from both angles and I only saw 2 kids who might be younger than 16.

I'm not condoning the act, but after ESPN was talking about it I though there might have been 20.

srstex
11-30-2006, 11:38 AM
I think that every QB wishes he had Vick's RB's, but Vick is a winner and has been for a while, I think you're just seeing the fustration of a great competitor, not that I agree with 1 finger salute.

Huge
11-30-2006, 01:57 PM
I bet his WRs wish they had a QB that was able to deliver a catchable ball most times. Those that hit them right in the hands are just uncalled for.

real
11-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Passes Dropped:

1 .........Phi............ 31
2.......... GB ............27
3 .........Sea ............25
4 ..........Mia ............24
5 ..........NO .............22
6 ..........Jac ............22
7 ..........NE .............21
8 ..........Atl .............20
21.........Hou.............14

Passes Attempted:
Position......Team.......Passes Attempted
11...............Hou.............378
28 ..............KC ..............301
29 ..............Oak .............300
30 ..............SF ...............300
31 ..............Atl ...............293
32 ..............Buf ...............291

Figure it out for yourself...

Huge
11-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Carr is ten times the actual quarterback that Vick is ... not that context is applicable in these kinds of arguments though.
Really. And what are you basing this on?

Think of what's required to be a QB and then tell me how Carr is 10X the QB Vick is.

Arm strength?
Arm accuracy?
Game management?
Decision making?
Leadership?
Poise?

Carr might have an advantage in either one of those categories...might. But he's certainly not cut and dry better in most that would make him 10X the QB Vick is.

run-david-run
11-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Really. And what are you basing this on?

Think of what's required to be a QB and then tell me how Carr is 10X the QB Vick is.

Arm strength?
Arm accuracy?
Game management?
Decision making?
Leadership?
Poise?

Carr might have an advantage in either one of those categories...might. But he's certainly not cut and dry better in most that would make him 10X the QB Vick is.10 times is an exageration, but Vick is proabbly the worst throwing QB in the league. 84 yards in a game...oh, and he is the league's highest paid player.

real
11-30-2006, 05:21 PM
10 times is an exageration, but Vick is proabbly the worst throwing QB in the league. 84 yards in a game...oh, and he is the league's highest paid player.

The Falcons are almost dead last in pass attempts....

The Falcons are near the top of the leauge in Drops....

I'd venture to say that the Falcons are probably Number 1 percentage wise in balls dropped by recievers....

That doesn't make Vick a good passer, but it definitely takes some steam from the "Vick can't throw to save his life" argument....

real
11-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Passes Dropped:

1 .........Phi............ 31
2.......... GB ............27
3 .........Sea ............25
4 ..........Mia ............24
5 ..........NO .............22
6 ..........Jac ............22
7 ..........NE .............21
8 ..........Atl .............20
21.........Hou.............14

Passes Attempted:
Position......Team.......Passes Attempted
11...............Hou.............378
28 ..............KC ..............301
29 ..............Oak .............300
30 ..............SF ...............300
31 ..............Atl ...............293
32 ..............Buf ...............291

dtran04
11-30-2006, 08:21 PM
People in Houston would be calling for his head just like they are for Carr.

Kaiser Toro
11-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Taking a QB at #1 is never a good thing in the salary cap era.

Huge
11-30-2006, 08:52 PM
10 times is an exageration, but Vick is proabbly the worst throwing QB in the league. 84 yards in a game...oh, and he is the league's highest paid player.
Are you referring to the 84 yards he had this past week?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're guilty of only looking at a boxscore instead of what actually happened in that game.

HJam72
11-30-2006, 09:02 PM
People in Houston would be calling for his head just like they are for Carr.

That's exactly what I think. Vick would run on every pass play called for with our pass blocking. You think Carr doesn't pass deep enough, but Vick would never throw it at all. He would get some first downs running it, but scoring would be even worse than it is with Carr. He'd also sit out half of every season injured. Vick does one thing better than Carr (Carr is actually above avg. at it anyway) and nothing else as well. Maybe they should've taken Young and maybe not, but Vick wouldn't improve anything.

run-david-run
12-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Are you referring to the 84 yards he had this past week?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're guilty of only looking at a boxscore instead of what actually happened in that game.

I realize there were a bunch of drops by his receivers, however, this stuff happens. The Eagles lead the NFL in drops, but before his injury, McNabb was near the top in all QB statistics. Vick does not throw the ball well, and, uh, thats kind of important in a quarterback. His best year statistically dosnt even reach David Carr's best season, let alone the upper echelon QB's who still dont get as much money as he does.

Huge
12-02-2006, 08:48 AM
I realize there were a bunch of drops by his receivers, however, this stuff happens. The Eagles lead the NFL in drops, but before his injury, McNabb was near the top in all QB statistics. Vick does not throw the ball well, and, uh, thats kind of important in a quarterback. His best year statistically dosnt even reach David Carr's best season, let alone the upper echelon QB's who still dont get as much money as he does.
I agree Vick needs improvement on his passing.

I don't agree that you should use one game where he only had 84 passing yards, with multiple drops and only 24 passing attempts as the example why he needs to improve his passing.

Vick also had 166 yards rushing in that game. Why aren't those being mentioned?

And as far as getting that type of money, do you think the Atlanta organization is feeling it in the pocket book? I'll go out on another limb and say that they're going to get back a ton more money than what they're giving Vick because of Vick.