PDA

View Full Version : Dink, Dunk, Lose, Dink, Dunk, Lose.

profan
11-26-2006, 04:25 PM
No way we ever have a winning season with this offense. all this crap underneath will not cut it in this league. David, Gary, someone, please open up this offense. Our last drive with little time on the clock and it's dink, dunk, time runs out, LOSE Again.

touttail
11-26-2006, 04:52 PM
You would think the players would be sick and tired of being embarassed on a "professional NFL" football field. I know I'm sick of it!!!!!!

Bobby 119C:joker:

TexanFanInCC
11-26-2006, 05:55 PM
No way we ever have a winning season with this offense. all this crap underneath will not cut it in this league. David, Gary, someone, please open up this offense. Our last drive with little time on the clock and it's dink, dunk, time runs out, LOSE Again.

when u are a 3 win team at this point of the season and going nowhere special except for a top 5 pick in the draft, why not cut these guys loose? at least if you lose, u wont lose interest of the fans as quickly as you would if u lose games and just throw dink passes all game. thats an effective way to speed up the process of losing fans and support for the organization.

Scott D
11-26-2006, 06:05 PM
when u are a 3 win team at this point of the season and going nowhere

Since we are losers, why not experiment with the last 5 games. There isn't going to be any playoffs anyway. Not to mention, we're going to lose. My realistic feelings about the W/L for the next 5 games.

Oakland..............Win (we had better.)
Titans................Lose
Patriots..............Lose
Colts.................Lose
Browns...............Win (maybe.)

Does it really matter now that we are officially LOSERS? Do something different.

K.D.
11-26-2006, 06:10 PM
We Dink And Dunk Bcz Nobody Is Afraid Of Us, They Know We Do The Dump Pass And All Of A Sudden Look For A Bomb. The Bomb Rarely Works Bcz We Never Have Decent Protection To Get A Decent Throw Off. Defenses Are Going To Continue To Give Us That 3-5 Yard Dump All Day.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 06:37 PM
dink and dunk is the basis of the west coast offense.

get the ball on a short pass and if your WR breaks a tackle, he can go for big yardage.

Erratic Assassin
11-26-2006, 07:23 PM
The Bomb Rarely Works Bcz We Never Have Decent Protection To Get A Decent Throw Off. Defenses Are Going To Continue To Give Us That 3-5 Yard Dump All Day.

It may be a clique but it's true. The game is won in the trenches. Our Achilles heel has been our offensive line since day one and it STILL is after all these years.

I'm amazed at how fast that pocket collapsed today. It's ridiculous. It isn't just one guy it's the whole damn line getting pushed back into David half a second after the snap.

Zone blocking doesn't seem to be opening any holes for the running game either. The line looked promising in pre-season, but it was an illusion (meaningless games against scrubs).

the wonger need food
11-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Carr had plenty of time to make a play or two today but he has been conditioned to be a dink and dunker and will never change.

TexansSeminole
11-26-2006, 07:36 PM

I think what you are seeing is David Carr throwing to the #2 and #3 receivers 90% of the time. Those #1 routes must be too difficult for him to throw.

Gary Kubiak: "David, it's 3rd and 11, a short pass to the RB is not going to get us a first down"

David Carr: "A first what? What are you talking about? Where's Dom when you need him?"

GanadoUHCoog
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
1. If I see another 5 yard crosssing route I might just go crazy

2. If I see another 3 yard curl on 3rd and 5 I might really go crazy

It's unbelievable how bad the Texans are...

Koolbrz
11-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Carr had plenty of time to make a play or two today but he has been conditioned to be a dink and dunker and will never change.

Can't make any plays when your WR and TE are dropping very catchable passes. Its a team effort, and the team as a whole stunk it up out in NY today.

Koolbrz
11-26-2006, 08:22 PM
I think what you are seeing is David Carr throwing to the #2 and #3 receivers 90% of the time. Those #1 routes must be too difficult for him to throw.

Gary Kubiak: "David, it's 3rd and 11, a short pass to the RB is not going to get us a first down"

David Carr: "A first what? What are you talking about? Where's Dom when you need him?"

Did it ever cross your ity bity mind that maybe, just maybe there is not enough time to take a look down field. Not making any excuses just throwing out some facts. I was not happy with our O-Line today. DC had NO TIME to do anything today and when he had a few seconds our recievers dropped the ball. Its not just on DC dude, the whole team stunk today.

brewhaus
11-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Did it ever cross your ity bity mind that maybe, just maybe there is not enough time to take a look down field. Not making any excuses just throwing out some facts. I was not happy with our O-Line today. DC had NO TIME to do anything today and when he had a few seconds our recievers dropped the ball. Its not just on DC dude, the whole team stunk today.

Boy Howdy. I can still smell 'em.

profan
11-26-2006, 09:07 PM

Yes, it did. It also crossed bill parcels mind and he made a qb change. Same o line but much better results. Why not try it in htown. Oh because we cant change the face of this franchise. it's not all on carr and it never should be, but sometimes a change can get other players to step -up.