View Full Version : The Official 'Carr Sucks' Thread

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Carr Sucks

*discuss*

Doug From The Woodlands

Khari
11-26-2006, 04:02 PM
couldn't you pick one of the other million threads that have been started?

TexanFanInCC
11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
no discussion required. he just sucks. he isnt a winner. he has rookie habits still, and this is his 5th season. make excuses that it has been a revolving door at the QB coach position/off. coordinator position/head coach position.....but they arent the ones on the field. carr should be learning alot on his own.

TexanFanInCC
11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
couldn't you pick one of the other million threads that have been started?

i guess because this is the "OFFICIAL" david carr sucks thread.

Wharton
11-26-2006, 04:05 PM
What are you saying?????

Carr is great QB! He can do NOOOOO wrong!

Oh wait, thats my alter ego talking.

Khari
11-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Did you delete my post on how sage does better than Carr and Sage has the exact same plays?

No, I haven't deleted anything today.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 04:11 PM
this is great, like shooting fish in a barrel :D

moses77550
At least he is #1 in completion percentage.....yay for dump off passes....Go CARR....You are the man:loser

Second Honeymoon
It was just after watching the embarassment on TV, I came to our message board and saw about 7 threads berating Carr for being an abject failure. I decided just to try and channel everyone's disgust in one thread. The Texans' management need to know how high the level of frustration is amongst fans. I went to the local Buffalo Wild Wings up here in Woodlands and you wouldnt believe how much booing and hissing was going on towards the loser we have at QB. The fans have had enough and I can only imagine how many empty seats will be at Reliant next home game. This is just a freaking joke and I, as most real Texans fans, have had enough of this embarassment.

Did I say embarassing enough? I cant overstate how embarassing the QB and playcalling have been. Watching the Texans has become about as entertaining as passing a kidney stone or having a root canal.

Carr, you suck.

Doug From The Woodlands

Goldeagle
11-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Osama Bin Carr secretly sends out brain waves to make Andre and the rest DROP passes and Kubiak to make stupid offensive play calls

AJ121
11-26-2006, 04:13 PM
why don't you start "the offical andre johnson sucks becasue he drops too many balls thread" unless our RB's and WR's can catch passes then there is no way he will be successful and o ya our O-Line sucks

Runner
11-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Did you delete my post on how sage does better than Carr and Sage has the exact same plays?

I did. Starting the post "You are an *****" directed toward another poster doesn't fly. Remake the post without that at it is fine. Flame Carr all you want.

Make your points without the useless flaming toward other board members and maybe more people would take you seriously.

After all, I've been told you are a nice guy off the boards. :)

brewhaus
11-26-2006, 04:15 PM
why don't you start "the offical andre johnson sucks becasue he drops too many balls thread"

There already is one.

Goldeagle
why don't you start "the offical andre johnson sucks becasue he drops too many balls thread" unless our RB's and WR's can catch passes then there is no way he will be successful and o ya our O-Line sucks

I did but it got deleted for some reason?

houstonhurricane
... I can only imagine how many empty seats will be at Reliant next week. This is just a freaking joke and I, as most real Texans fans, have had enough of this embarassment.

Mercifully, we are at Oakland next week...

The Dream
11-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Vince Young > David Carr

I know it sounds like I'm whining, but I'll never forgive this organization for sticking with sub-par (my nickname for David)....I would say trade him, but who in the hell would honestly want him for his price?....the Texans are stuck with this trash.

Runner
11-26-2006, 04:18 PM
I did but it got deleted for some reason?

That one isn't on me.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 04:19 PM
then it would be no Mario Williams..pick your poison.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 04:20 PM
There already is one.

lawl

oh, and if you were formerly a Carr homer and have awaken to reality, please let us know in this thread. I hope that Carr's abysmal play has finally brought some people over to the 'Carr Sucks' crowd. You will not be judged or be discriminated against. Lots of people thought Carr could develop into a nice QB, but they just all happened to be WRONG.

McNair has to be in panic mode after seeing how this year is shaking out in regards to Carr. The entertainment value is flatlining at ZERO for the Texans this year and its gonna start hitting him in the pocketbook....hopefully that will allow the Texans to jettison the garbage called Carr in the offseason and allow our team to have a chance at winning football games.

Carr, You Suck.

Doug from The Woodlands

Runner
11-26-2006, 04:22 PM
LOL I used a lesser version of the word in that post. thanks for the kind words.

Anytime.

tex
11-26-2006, 04:25 PM
How about a the playcalling sucks thread because it did. Even the guys doing the game said DC had no one to throw to so he had to dump it off.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Carr Sucks???????

Our RT sucks, our running game is an embarrasment and our Pro Bowl WR could not catch a cold in -40 weather. I am serious why cant this guy catch the football, If the biggest problem is Carr not being able to get the ball down the field that is fine cause the defense does not respect the run AT ALL, but now our great WR cant hold on to balls OR!!!!!!!!! take a step get up field and try NOT to run over a MLB, take your step up field and go towards a 20# next time that! is rookie mistake stuff.

Did Carr have a great game NO way! But I am not going to let everyone try to pen this on 1 single man, no way.

It all ties in and if you think other wise your a fool.

O and I say we go to a 5 wr set the rest of the year, get the RBs off the field, all of them.

I am done I will see you next week!

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 04:27 PM
The playcalling sucks because they have to run a high school offense because of Carrs inability to throw over the DL in the middle of the field and his inability to read coverages downfield.

Yes, the playcalling was bad but it has been bad all year due to Carr's shortcomings and lack of ability.

Carr, you suck.

Doug From The Woodlands

The Dream
11-26-2006, 04:29 PM
The playcalling sucks because they have to run a high school offense because of Carrs inability to throw over the DL in the middle of the field and his inability to read coverages downfield.

Yes, the playcalling was bad but it has been bad all year due to Carr's shortcomings and lack of ability.

Carr, you suck.

Doug From The Woodlands

lol...I love this guys attitude.......I am officially starting the Carr Sucks sig, all those who agree can join along in the movement!!!! :redtowel:

MrMeToo
11-26-2006, 04:29 PM
CARR SUCKS!!! ANDRE JOHNSON IS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM!!!:yahoo:

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Carr Sucks???????

Our RT sucks, our running game is an embarrasment and our Pro Bowl WR could not catch a cold in -40 weather. I am serious why cant this guy catch the football, If the biggest problem is Carr not being able to get the ball down the field that is fine cause the defense does not respect the run AT ALL, but now our great WR cant hold on to balls OR!!!!!!!!! take a step get up field and try NOT to run over a MLB, take your step up field and go towards a 20# next time that! is rookie mistake stuff.

Did Carr have a great game NO way! But I am not going to let everyone try to pen this on 1 single man, no way.

It all ties in and if you think other wise your a fool.

O and I say we go to a 5 wr set the rest of the year, get the RBs off the field, all of them.

I am done I will see you next week!

Keep making excuses. They are like the human anus, everyone has one and they all stink.

Oh, btw Carr has never had a great game in 5 years. This culture of low expectations and self delusion is just an embarassment. I do however respect your opinion as a fan and hope all of us can enjoy quality NFL football soon as Texan's fans.

Carr, you suck.

Doug From The Woodlands

MrMeToo
11-26-2006, 04:31 PM
lol...I love this guys attitude.......I am officially starting the Carr Sucks sig, all those who agree can join along in the movement!!!! :redtowel:

I'm with you.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 04:32 PM
alright we have one, let's not be shy folks!!!

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Keep making excuses. They are like the human anus, everyone has one and they all stink.

Oh, btw Carr has never had a great game in 5 years. This culture of low expectations and self delusion is just an embarassment. I do however respect your opinion as a fan and hope all of us can enjoy quality NFL football soon as Texan's fans.

Carr, you suck.

Doug From The Woodlands

I know your the guy here on this thread, have fun, but you cant argue with what I wrote, it is true.

Napa Auto Parts
11-26-2006, 04:37 PM
This was is in no way on david carr david played his heart out lmao its everyone's fault but david's hows my impersonation of a carr homer.

Goldeagle
11-26-2006, 04:38 PM
I also liked the fact NO ONE GOT OPEN! Even the statement that Carr has to dump it off because everyone is covered!

Carr haters; So, so ignorant.

Napa Auto Parts
11-26-2006, 04:39 PM
I also liked the fact NO ONE GOT OPEN! Even the statement that Carr has to dump it off because everyone is covered!

very true carr goes thru his reads and the 1st option is covered so he has to dump it off:twocents: :lightning:

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 04:41 PM
This was is in no way on david carr david played his heart out lmao its everyone's fault but david's hows my impersonation of a carr homer.

You guys let me know when I am wrong with what I wrote, at one point in the game the anouncer said and I qoute...." There is nobody open", For the reason the ball could not get down the field! Then towards the end, he said " they are dropping 9 to 8 guys in coverage."

Do any of you smart football guys understand why there is nothing down the field? O>U>R>>>>R>U>N>N>I>N>G>>>>G>A>M>E>>>>S>U>C>K>S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Oh yeah those passing plays behind the line of scrimmage makes him the man! You are a fool if you think Carr has the talent to lead this team! Offense did play really bad, but Carr just played just as bad as well! Carr lovers of course run when things go bad for him.....

Run? I have not gone anywere.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 04:43 PM
You guys let me know when I am wrong with what I wrote, at one point in the game the anouncer said and I qoute...." There is nobody open", For the reason the ball could not get down the field! Then towards the end, he said " they are dropping 9 to 8 guys in coverage."

I'm tired of the excuses for this wimp......one of the hallmarks of a good QB is being able to complete passes, even when there's good coverage....seeing how David isn't a good QB, this is totally understandable.

MrMeToo
11-26-2006, 04:45 PM

They are open.Carr is scared to pass the ball down field because he knows he can't make the throw.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm tired of the excuses for this wimp......one of the hallmarks of a good QB is being able to complete passes, even when there's good coverage....seeing how David isn't a good QB, this is totally understandable.

Well when your Pro Bowl WR drops a Ball when he is WIDE OPEN why in the flying freak would you throw one to him when he is tightly covered. smart guy! Go have another beer!

swtbound07
11-26-2006, 04:46 PM
The bears even let freaking REX GROSSMAN throw deep. Im so done.

touttail
11-26-2006, 04:46 PM
David Carr, YOU SUCK!

Bobby 119C:joker:

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 04:47 PM
They are open.Carr is scared to pass the ball down field because he knows he can't make the throw.

When What Play? Did you have another view then I did, did you get the NFL network All press pass coverage?

The Dream
11-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Well when your Pro Bowl WR drops a Ball when he is WIDE OPEN why in the flying freak would you throw one to him when he is tightly covered. smart guy! Go have another beer!

no thanks I had my fair share of beers last night....as I stated in one of these Carr bashing threads, I NEVER said that this team sucking was completely on David, BUT he IS the QB and a lot of the reason why our offense sucks is because he's lacking in a thing called "ability".

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 04:48 PM
HAVE ANOTHER BEER!!!!!!!

QB75
11-26-2006, 04:48 PM
It was just after watching the embarassment on TV, I came to our message board and saw about 7 threads berating Carr for being an abject failure. I decided just to try and channel everyone's disgust in one thread. The Texans' management need to know how high the level of frustration is amongst fans. I went to the local Buffalo Wild Wings up here in Woodlands and you wouldnt believe how much booing and hissing was going on towards the loser we have at QB. The fans have had enough and I can only imagine how many empty seats will be at Reliant next home game. This is just a freaking joke and I, as most real Texans fans, have had enough of this embarassment.

Did I say embarassing enough? I cant overstate how embarassing the QB and playcalling have been. Watching the Texans has become about as entertaining as passing a kidney stone or having a root canal.

Carr, you suck.

Doug From The Woodlands

You went to the local Buffalo Wild Wings and saw some booing? And this is supposed to representative of what? Don't speak for the entire fan base as having had enough. Reliant will be full at the next home game. Guess again.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 04:52 PM
no thanks I had my fair share of beers last night....as I stated in one of these Carr bashing threads, I NEVER said that this team sucking was completely on David, BUT he IS the QB and a lot of the reason why our offense sucks is because he's lacking in a thing called "ability".

How do you know he lacks in abillity, Kubiak thinks he has it and I have seen it.

Just know this the QB is dependent on everything and everyone around him more then any other possition on the field for him to be succesfull. NOT just on paper!

QB75
11-26-2006, 04:54 PM
David Carr, YOU SUCK!

Bobby 119C:joker:

Baytown? lol

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Carr is done in Houston.....wake up and smell the coffee I have,

Does that mean he's done in this league....no
But in Houston he's done. Also don't say the reason why he throw underneath is because his receivers are covered.....he has TWO, count them Two probowlers at that position, even if they are covered give them a chance

a 2 yard pass when you need 6 is not smart.

Teams can play prevent and they will beat us by two touchdown.....there is absolutely no threat whatsoever, the sad thing is, is that AJ will move on unless he is made the threat he can be. He doesn't talk, but he hill speak loudly with his actions. AJ will move on, because unlike most receivers in this league he care about winning more than numbers.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 04:56 PM
How do you know he lacks in abillity, Kubiak thinks he has it and I have seen it.

Just know this the QB is dependent on everything and everyone around him more then any other possition on the field for him to be succesfull. NOT just on paper!

Ability = pocket presence, looking off recievers, playing smart, not fumbling the ball, being able to pass the ball for more than 3 yards.....to hell with what Kubiak said, this guy is awful and anyone else who thinks otherwise is in denial or they're David Carr.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Carr is done in Houston.....wake up and smell the coffee I have,

Does that mean he's done in this league....no
But in Houston he's done. Also don't say the reason why he throw underneath is because his receivers are covered.....he has TWO, count them Two probowlers at that position, even if they are covered give them a chance

a 2 yard pass when you need 6 is not smart.

Teams can play prevent and they will beat us by two touchdown.....there is absolutely no threat whatsoever, the sad thing is, is that AJ will move on unless he is made the threat he can be. He doesn't talk, but he hill speak loudly with his actions. AJ will move on, because unlike most receivers in this league he care about winning more than numbers.
2 Pro Bowl WRs!!!!!!! Which one of them played like it today, Andre should not have made it the first time, cause he is living off it right now.

I just said it!, If the guy you throw to does not catch a open ball for a criticle FG possition pass WHY throw it to him when he is covered what makes you think he will catch that ball

QB75
11-26-2006, 04:58 PM
.....to hell with what Kubiak said, this guy is awful and anyone else who thinks otherwise is in denial or they're David Carr.

"to hell with Kubiak said?".... yeah, we value your opion a lot more that Gary (3 Super Bowl Rings) Kubiak. Thanks a lot.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Ability = pocket presence, looking off recievers, playing smart, not fumbling the ball, being able to pass the ball for more than 3 yards.....to hell with what Kubiak said, this guy is awful and anyone else who thinks otherwise is in denial or they're David Carr.

To hell with Kubiak, Now I have heard everything in this world!

You just moved a notch up in my book that puts you at notch -5.

MrMeToo
11-26-2006, 04:59 PM
2 Pro Bowl WRs!!!!!!! Which one of them played like it today, Andre should not have made it the first time, cause he is living off it right now.

I just said it!, If the guy you throw to does not catch a open ball for a criticle FG possition pass WHY throw it to him when he is covered what makes you think he will catch that ball

ANDRE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carr

The Dream
11-26-2006, 05:00 PM
"to hell with Kubiak said?".... yeah, we value your opion a lot more that Gary (3 Super Bowl Rings) Kubiak. Thanks a lot.

maybe you should....I said to hell with Carr after last year, but Gary has a man crush on him so it didn't happen....fast forward to the 06-07 season and it looks like my opinion was correct, and Gary's wasn't....just because he's an NFL head coach doesn't make him automatically right.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 05:00 PM

LAWL
LAWL

dougftw

Peldon
11-26-2006, 05:01 PM

He also made a great one handed catch. You can't stop throwing the ball to someone just because they dropped one before.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:02 PM
ANDRE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carr

Andre----Here comes the ball Dre catch it!!!!!!!!:hide:

mexican_texan
11-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Explain the picks.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:05 PM
maybe you should....I said to hell with Carr after last year, but Gary has a man crush on him so it didn't happen....fast forward to the 06-07 season and it looks like my opinion was correct, and Gary's wasn't....just because he's an NFL head coach doesn't make him automatically right.

Gary has a man crush on him, keep going this is getting even better, Gary has been waiting his whole life for as head coaching job, yea I think he will risk it over a guy that what, Sucks, is that right, yea thats the way of the NFL.

swtbound07
11-26-2006, 05:06 PM
To hell with Kubiak, Now I have heard everything in this world!

You just moved a notch up in my book that puts you at notch -5.

To hell with Kubiak if he still sticks with David Carr.

To hell with Kubiak for calling plays to gain 4 yards when we need 6

To hell with Kubiak for refusing to run 2 minute drills

To hell with kubiak for refusing to stretch the field

To hell with Kubiak for playing prevent defense in the buffalo game

To hell with kubiak for calling a pass on 3 and 1 instead of burning buffalo's timeout

To hell with Kubiak indeed sir.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:06 PM
He also made a great one handed catch. You can't stop throwing the ball to someone just because they dropped one before.

Hey your right but if it was just 1 then that would be fine, the guy has a TRACK record a mile long with easy dropped passes.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:07 PM
To hell with Kubiak if he still sticks with David Carr.

To hell with Kubiak for calling plays to gain 4 yards when we need 6

To hell with Kubiak for refusing to run 2 minute drills

To hell with kubiak for refusing to stretch the field

To hell with Kubiak for playing prevent defense in the buffalo game

To hell with kubiak for calling a pass on 3 and 1 instead of burning buffalo's timeout

To hell with Kubiak indeed sir.

Just qouting- Rocky 3......."Maybe it is the heck with you Paulie".

aj.
11-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Watching the Texans has become about as entertaining as passing a kidney stone or having a root canal.

I had a root canal last March and it wasn't bad at all. Plus it only lasted two hours.

swtbound07
Just qouting- Rocky 3......."Maybe it is the heck with you Paulie".

Way to adress my points Hulk. I was going to get you a christmas present, but your boy David Carr already gift wrapped you an interception today

Second Honeymoon
Hulk, I respect your opinion but you are an obvious homer. Your freaking picture is Carr scoring a TD in a GAME THAT WE LOST!!!

I understand though, finding David Carr highlights is like finding a needle in a haystack. Not exactly a plethora of options is there?

Well continue championing Carr losing football games for us and maybe we can continue to perpetuate this culture of low expecations amongst some of the more deluded fans.....

Doug From The Woodlands

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:10 PM
You guys answer 1 of my questions with a whole hearted answer and I will shut up, 8 of you have already ran off, this is our QB hate now I said what I said, look back in the thread if you want anything else, see you next week.

You dont complete 40 balls in one game with NO RUNNING GAME and suck, have fun, he will be starting next week to.

NFLforher
11-26-2006, 05:10 PM
A more balanced view:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4353086.html

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Way to adress my points Hulk. I was going to get you a christmas present, but your boy David Carr already gift wrapped you an interception today

:) ............

The Dream
Gary has a man crush on him, keep going this is getting even better, Gary has been waiting his whole life for as head coaching job, yea I think he will risk it over a guy that what, Sucks, is that right, yea thats the way of the NFL.

some people just aren't good at evaluating talent all of the time, I'm sure Gary REALLY thought that David had would it took to be a great QB in the NFL, he even admitted to it......this happens a lot in the NFL....he was wrong, now he has to live with this mistake for the remainder of his coaching career here in Houston.

Second Honeymoon
Hey your right but if it was just 1 then that would be fine, the guy has a TRACK record a mile long with easy dropped passes.

and carr has a TRACK record of being a total loser as QB. What is your freaking point?

Put down the kool-aid and embrace reality.

Doug From The Woodlands

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 05:12 PM
I had a root canal last March and it wasn't bad at all. Plus it only lasted two hours.

Was it entertaining? If so, please give me your orthodontic surgeon's number...im sure he is booked solid.

Doug From The Woodlands

The Dream
11-26-2006, 05:13 PM
You dont complete 40 balls in one game with NO RUNNING GAME and suck, have fun, he will be starting next week to.

I'm sorry there is nothing that spectacular about completing 40 passes when a majority of them are short 3 yard passes...read the sig and get over it.

Hulk75
Hulk, I respect your opinion but you are an obvious homer. Your freaking picture is Carr scoring a TD in a GAME THAT WE LOST!!!

I understand though, finding David Carr highlights is like finding a needle in a haystack. Not exactly a plethora of options is there.

Well continue championing Carr losing football games for us and maybe we can continue to perpetuate this culture of low expecations amongst some of the more deluded fans.....

Doug From The Woodlands

Hommer? Just let me know when something I said is not true

ib4texans
Explain the picks.

Picks I only saw 1 this game,1 last game. That is not a terrible stat,but we all know that his stats don't mean squat!

aj.
11-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Reliant will be full at the next home game.

Reliant will only be full because of all the #10 jerseys.

swtbound07
its easy to have a lovely passer rating when you throw 47 screen/slants in one game. If I never had to look downfield i could probably do that too. Its the equivalent of playing catch with your kid in the backyard. I've kept my mouth shut for most of this season but im fed up. This is miserable football to watch and Carr is the root of all the offensive evils.

TEXANRED
So now that we have an official Carr sucks thread does that mean all other useless Carr threads will be merged with this one?

Hey I am not saying that you can't express your frustrations and post what you want, however instead of starting a whole new thread why not just add to the existing threads, like this one(This thread does say its the "Official". That in itself sounds important.) That way, posters like me, know not to go to these things and all the others can get together and be negative all day long.

So I vote to make any other Carr sucks thread to automatically merge to this one.

Anybody want to second that?

Hulk75
I'm sorry there is nothing that spectacular about completing 40 passes when a majority of them are short 3 yard passes...read the sig and get over it.

3 yards dumps, wow, he should have less yards, your funny!

swtbound07
Reliant will only be full because of all the #10 jerseys.

Very Very True.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 05:15 PM

Andre is the best player on this team.....period, he isn't living off a probowl appearence and what big of a difference would that FG made anyways. Andre would have prolific #s in a real offense, this isn't a real offense.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 05:15 PM
A more balanced view:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4353086.html

Non-Homer Translation

A more homer friendly view....mired in a pool of low expectations and easy to read

Wolf
11-26-2006, 05:17 PM
just a question.. how old are some of you people?

The Dream
yards dumps, wow, he should have less yards, your funny!

yes short little dump passes are what he throws most of the time, the passing yards (in that case) are more of a reflection on what the guy catching the ball is doing.

swtbound07

Second Honeymoon
Hommer? Just let me know when something I said is not true

Hommer? No thanks, I don't swing that way. Please find an avatar that doesn't celebrate losing football games in the meantime.

doug ftw

mexican_texan
11-26-2006, 05:18 PM
I gotta give it up to you Hulk. You will not budge, you are supporting your guy. However, I have not seen the flashes of brilliance that you have seen in Carr.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 05:18 PM

old enough to know that Carr blows elephant testicles.

mexican_texan
11-26-2006, 05:20 PM
I resent that.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Hommer? No thanks, I don't swing that way. Please find an avatar that doesn't celebrate losing football games in the meantime.

doug ftw

Okay thanks for the NFL insight, I can cancell my subscription with ESPN insider now, that qoute there was great.

swtbound07
11-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Okay thanks for the NFL insight, I can cancell my subscription with ESPN insider now, that qoute there was great.

Well that would explain a whole heck of a lot....no wonder your opinions are so far off base

ib4texans
11-26-2006, 05:21 PM
its easy to have a lovely passer rating when you throw 47 screen/slants in one game. If I never had to look downfield i could probably do that too. Its the equivalent of playing catch with your kid in the backyard. I've kept my mouth shut for most of this season but im fed up. This is miserable football to watch and Carr is the root of all the offensive evils.

Ummmm....... If that picture in your avatar is you, I truly don't think you would make it past the first sack. Sorry, it's your post you have to live with it.:twocents:

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:22 PM

26- would you like to know were I played college ball and what NFL camps I have been invited to?

swtbound07
11-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Ummmm....... If that picture in your avatar is you, I truly don't think you would make it past the first sack. Sorry, it's your post you have to live with it.:twocents:

Yeah its me, and im 6'6 185. If i was getting paid 8 mil a year to throw screens i bet i could bulk up a little. Hell, I'll throw the screens and take the sacks for 1.5 mil. sign me up.

DeclanJr
11-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Andre is the best player on this team.....period, he isn't living off a probowl appearence and what big of a difference would that FG made anyways. Andre would have prolific #s in a real offense, this isn't a real offense.

I've got to agree. Andre is the best player on this team and in a real offense he would be putting up much bigger numbers. Sadly he isn't going to make it to the pro bowl this year for that very reason.

swtbound07
11-26-2006, 05:24 PM
26- would you like to know were I played college ball and what NFL camps I have been invited to?

I never noticed your location says california before.....your irrational, repeated defense of david now makes a lot more sense. Its okay man......Its ok.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Well that would explain a whole heck of a lot....no wonder your opinions are so far off base

What? if that was a comback, that was pretty bad.

They only seem off base to people how just flat out hate the guy and could care less about what the other 10 guys are doing on Offense.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 05:25 PM
watching Tony Romo the other day was great, he did all the things that an NFL starting franchise QB is supposed to do......I watch David and all I can think about are his corny HEB commercials.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:25 PM
I never noticed your location says california before.....your irrational, repeated defense of david now makes a lot more sense. Its okay man......Its ok.

Yea so does you flipping Vince Young jersey, what a tool.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 05:26 PM
I honestly am not worried abou that.

I asked an age because some of the responses to the threads ahve been pretty remedial. I hope it is just because of emotions are running high after a loss

I don't mean that disrespectfull for anyone on here, and I am frustrated too with the team, but the constand "sucks" word that is thrown around takes me back many years . It is really hard to have legit football discussion at times. (and yes, I realize that this threads title is what it is,but it has spilled over to the umpteenth threads on Carr)

touttail
11-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Baytown? lol

Yep, I live in Baytown and it sucks too!

Bobby 119C

The Dream
11-26-2006, 05:27 PM

They only seem off base to people how just flat out hate the guy and could care less about what the other 10 guys are doing on Offense.

I wouldn't call it hate....well yes I would, but as a number of us have stated, Carr just isn't good.

I'm just interested in knowing this, but do you still think Carr has a chance of being a good QB in this league, or better yet do you think he's a good QB now...where do you rank him among the QB's in the NFL?

swtbound07
11-26-2006, 05:28 PM

Allright lets disect this thing since you really really really seem to want to go there..

Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds. Find me 3 better 1 2 receiver tandems in the nfl. please...im begging you. He has reciever talent.

Owen Daniels is a high quality starting caliber NFL tight end. period.

Wali Lundy is having a comparable season with other nfl rookie running backs.

Chester Pitts has started every game for this franchise.

I would say there is more than enough talent on offense for us to score. Carr is the problem.

swtbound07
11-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Yea so does you flipping Vince Young jersey, what a tool.

Hey, Vince has just as many wins as your boy this year with 3 less starts....don't call me a tool just because my team is stuck with your reject.....

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't call it hate....well yes I would, but as a number of us have stated, Carr just isn't good.

I'm just interested in knowing this, but do you still think Carr has a chance of being a good QB in this league, or better yet do you think he's a good QB now...where do you rank him among the QB's in the NFL?

Hey look a trap!

Yes I do because I have seen what this guy can do when the T_E_A_M!!!!!! Is rolling. When everything is going, Dre, the running game the run blocking and the Pass blocking, he IS one of the better QBs in football.........

ib4texans

NFL (who probably don't know squat either) has Carr ranked #9 Plummer #29. However Denver is a better TEAM= better record.

Wharton
I never noticed your location says california before.....your irrational, repeated defense of david now makes a lot more sense. Its okay man......Its ok.I've often wondered if Hulk is a true Texan fan or just some guy who gets a kick outta messin with people on this message board.

I've come to realize, that he has to be a true Texan fan because he's been doing it for sooooo long. If he was just messin with our heads, it would have gotten old a long time ago.

I'll give you this, Hulk you are passionate! Keep up the faith.

But Carr still sucks, sorry.

:fans:

The Dream
11-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Hey, Vince has just as many wins as your boy this year with 3 less starts....don't call me a tool just because my team is stuck with your reject.....

lol @ YOUR reject, but I agree we have weapons, but we need a QB to utilize them properly.

ib4texans
11-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Allright lets disect this thing since you really really really seem to want to go there..

Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds. Find me 3 better 1 2 receiver tandems in the nfl. please...im begging you. He has reciever talent.

I would say there is more than enough talent on offense for us to score. Carr is the problem.

Terry Glenn and TO, Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald,Steve Smith and Keyshawn Johnson to name a few.:twocents:

swtbound07
11-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Terry Glenn and TO, Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald,Steve Smith and Keyshawn Johnson to name a few.:twocents:

I would have also taken reggie wayne and marvin harrison.

However, to say that they are not at least top 5 in terms of talent is ridiculous.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Hey look a trap!

Yes I do because I have seen what this guy can do when the T_E_A_M!!!!!! Is rolling. When everything is going, Dre, the running game the run blocking and the Pass blocking, he IS one of the better QBs in football.........

I'm thinking of all the QB's around the NFL and I'm not seeing how you determine that Carr is one of the "better" ones........what is your basis for this opinion.....what do you mean by better ones....top 10??? (hell no)....top 15??? (hell no)

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 05:36 PM

Harrison Wayne
Johnson House ma dili
Jevon Walker Rod Smith

theres 3 I will stop there..........But. I do have this......Offensive Rushing Leaders
RNK NAME ATT YDS AVG YPG LNG TD FUM LST
1 Atlanta 337 1894 5.6 189.4 90 6 13 4
2 San Diego 322 1526 4.7 152.6 73 22 9 3
3 Dallas 365 1475 4.0 134.1 33 15 8 4
4 Kansas City 352 1474 4.2 134.0 45 13 15 7
5 Denver 327 1461 4.5 132.8 72 9 10 4
6 Jacksonville 320 1359 4.2 135.9 40 11 9 4
7 San Francisco 279 1332 4.8 133.2 61 7 15 11
8 NY Giants 281 1319 4.7 131.9 46 7 13 5
9 New England 317 1289 4.1 128.9 50 10 14 6
10 Tennessee 295 1278 4.3 127.8 70 9 13 3
11 Philadelphia 253 1230 4.9 123.0 71 8 13 8
12 Washington 280 1221 4.4 122.1 38 8 13 5
13 Pittsburgh 269 1163 4.3 116.3 76 10 13 7
14 Chicago 320 1125 3.5 112.5 29 7 11 8
15 NY Jets 308 1121 3.6 112.1 28 9 8 5
16 Miami 274 1088 4.0 98.9 55 6 13 5
17 Seattle 274 1085 4.0 108.5 37 3 11 7
18 Minnesota 273 1080 4.0 108.0 95 4 17 8
19 Carolina 264 1073 4.1 107.3 43 6 13 8
20 Indianapolis 271 1048 3.9 104.8 21 9 8 6
21 Green Bay 264 1042 3.9 104.2 70 5 13 10
22 Houston 265 1034 3.9 103.4 35 6 19 8

Wali Lundy is terrible.
Owens is nice.
Chester Pitts is above average.

ib4texans
11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
However, to say that they are not at least top 5 in terms of talent is ridiculous.

I was trying to be a team player and keep it out of our division. Everyone has to hate that two-headed monster.:superman:

dirty steve
11-26-2006, 05:41 PM

-AJ's performance today was average at best. those drops were inexcusable.
-does chester pitts play every position on the O-Line?
-not sure i would put daniels in the "high quality" range yet.
-wear that jersey to Reliant and expect to get flamed you freaking bandwagoner. stop calling yourself a Texans fan when you wear gear from one of "your" teams top rivals. if you want to wear #10 UT jerseys, that's fine. but when you go and get gear from the team used to play here and whose owner is one of the most reviled ever to live in Houston and decided to have VY's inaugural news conference in Houston rather than Nashville, DONT EVER jump back on the bandwagon if, and when the Texans become perennially better than the Titans.

carr is not a reject from your team, he is a QB for a team you used to root for. maybe you should find a navy or red shade of jordans so you would have a real team to root for. what a pathetic excuse for a "fan" you are. root for the team, not the player.

JDizzle
11-26-2006, 05:43 PM

One also has to consider who is throwing those guys the ball.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Hulk, nice ESPN Insider comeback. (no sarcasm). I still can't believe you think Carr is one of the better QBs in this league. If you indeed know the intracies of football you would know that he has inherent flaws in his game that force us to truncate the playbook down to plays that work for his mental and physical game.

Here is how I would critique Carr

Weaknesses - Low point of release, slow release, poor pocket presence, locks onto his primary receiver, no touch on short passes, cant throw over middle of field due to low release, indecisive when to throw/scramble/throwaway, poor to average game/playbook management, and most importantly has not proven that he can win football games (that is what its all about right?)

Strengths - Toughness, Throwing 3yard passes, nice smile......*crickets chirping*

I would give him Arm Strenght as a strength but due to his lack of touch on the football I would almost consider it more of a weakness than a strength...purely imo though

Hulk, I applaud your Hitler Youth-like devotion to Carr but I personally feel its unwarranted and misguided.

Doug From The Woodlands

The Dream
11-26-2006, 05:44 PM
AJ's performance today was average at best. those drops were inexcusable.
-does chester pitts play every position on the O-Line?
-not sure i would put daniels in the "high quality" range yet.
-wear that jersey to Reliant and expect to get flamed you freaking bandwagoner. stop calling yourself a Texans fan when you wear gear from one of "your" teams top rivals. if you want to wear #10 UT jerseys, that's fine. but when you go and get gear from the team used to play here and whose owner is one of the most reviled ever to live in Houston and decided to have VY's inaugural news conference in Houston rather than Nashville, DONT EVER jump back on the bandwagon if, and when the Texans become perennially better than the Titans.

carr is not a reject from your team, he is a QB for a team you used to root for. maybe you should find a navy or red shade of jordans so you would have a real team to root for. what a pathetic excuse for a "fan" you are. root for the team, not the player.

don't get your extra small panties in a bunch "man"...listen I root for the texans and consider myself a fan, but I've been watching Vince for as long as I've been a texans fan, and I wanted to see him in a Texans uni, because I cared about both the Texans and Vince......I still need to get my VY jersey, because I am a fan of his.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 05:45 PM
One also has to consider who is throwing those guys the ball.

ahh the seven degrees of David Carr rears it's ugly head again.

ib4texans
11-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Hulk, You have made a believer out of me, our team sucks, Carr is the second comming of Montana, California Rocks!!! Narly dude, surfs up, hang ten!!!!

Watch it Hulk, your from California and you don't hate David Carr? Your a Homer, it must be a Californian Conspiracy to take over the Texans.:yikes: :yikes:

The Dream
11-26-2006, 05:46 PM
did we not learn anything from the east-coast/west-coast beef?????

Peldon
11-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey look a trap!

I actually agree that Carr can play well if every other aspect of the offense is also playing well, but how often does that happen. I would like to have a quarterback that can rise above the shortcoming of the team. Someone that can take over the game if the running game isn't working or the line isn't blocking well. Instead of going out and getting great players to put around a average quarterback why can't we look for a great quarterback to add to some average players.

Houston_Fanatic
11-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Carr sucks. I thought Kubiak had managed to improve him, but today was downright pathetic. He can't make the reads and doesn't make the right decisions.

He needs to be benched again - this time for a whole game.

dirty steve
11-26-2006, 05:51 PM
don't get your extra small panties in a bunch "man"...listen I root for the texans and consider myself a fan, but I've been watching Vince for as long as I've been a texans fan, and I wanted to see him in a Texans uni, because I cared about both the Texans and Vince......I still need to get my VY jersey, because I am a fan of his.

enough with that. i know alot of people wanted VY to come here. but the fact is, he is not here and people don't want to let it go. like i said, wear your #1o UT all you want, but don't let me see you at Reliant 12-10-06. you gonna go get a Adam Dunn just because he is raking, from Houston, and once rumored to be coming here? or what about a Josh Beckett Red Sox jersey? he has done well (World Series MVP) and is from the Houston area?

you put that (Titans) gear on, and you aren't a Texans fan anymore.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 05:53 PM

If your not family or friend of VY, and you wear a VY #10 Titans jersey to the Titans game @ Reliant Stadium, you are NOT a true Texans fan. It's not like VY plays for Dallas, Chicago, or St.Louis. He plays for our TRUE RIVAL. He plays for the owner that left our city high and dry (although not all Bud's fault). If you wear a VY jersey you are not a real Texans fan in my eyes. I am a Longhorn and wouldn't think to even wear my UT spurrier-visor to Reliant on VY's first trip to Reliant. I love the guy with part of my heart but he is enemy when its against the Texans.

It sucks we didn't draft him but we got Mario and it's obvious that we needed DL help because it still sucks even with our drafting of Mario. After all, VY is a Longhorn. Everyone knows that the Texans don't draft people from UT. Especially now with an Aggie at the helm.....

Well, great thread and I respect everyone's opinion....just some more than others

GO TEXANS

The Dream
11-26-2006, 05:53 PM
enough with that. i know alot of people wanted VY to come here. but the fact is, he is not here and people don't want to let it go. like i said, wear your #1o UT all you want, but don't let me see you at Reliant 12-10-06. you gonna go get a Adam Dunn just because he is raking, from Houston, and once rumored to be coming here? or what about a Josh Beckett Red Sox jersey? he has done well (World Series MVP) and is from the Houston area?

you put that (Titans) gear on, and you aren't a Texans fan anymore.

God has spoken!!!!

The Dream
11-26-2006, 05:56 PM
If your not family or friend of VY, and you wear a VY #10 Titans jersey to the Titans game @ Reliant Stadium, you are NOT a true Texans fan. It's not like VY plays for Dallas, Chicago, or St.Louis. He plays for our TRUE RIVAL. He plays for the owner that left our city high and dry (although not all Bud's fault). If you wear a VY jersey you are not a real Texans fan in my eyes. I am a Longhorn and wouldn't think to even wear my UT spurrier-visor to Reliant on VY's first trip to Reliant. I love the guy with part of my heart but he is enemy when its against the Texans.

It sucks we didn't draft him but we got Mario and it's obvious that we needed DL help because it still sucks even with our drafting of Mario. After all, VY is a Longhorn. Everyone knows that the Texans don't draft people from UT. Especially now with an Aggie at the helm.....

Well, great thread and I respect everyone's opinion....just some more than others

GO TEXANS

I don't know about you guys but I don't feel like the texans have any true "rival", in order to have some sort of rival, you actually have to be good...at least in my book.....I don't like Bud Adams, but I don't have all out hatred for there organization to the point where I won't buy and wear a jersey of one of my favorite players who I watched play from highschool to the pros.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Harrison Wayne
Johnson House ma dili
Jevon Walker Rod Smith

theres 3 I will stop there..........But. I do have this......Offensive Rushing Leaders
RNK NAME ATT YDS AVG YPG LNG TD FUM LST
1 Atlanta 337 1894 5.6 189.4 90 6 13 4
2 San Diego 322 1526 4.7 152.6 73 22 9 3
3 Dallas 365 1475 4.0 134.1 33 15 8 4
4 Kansas City 352 1474 4.2 134.0 45 13 15 7
5 Denver 327 1461 4.5 132.8 72 9 10 4
6 Jacksonville 320 1359 4.2 135.9 40 11 9 4
7 San Francisco 279 1332 4.8 133.2 61 7 15 11
8 NY Giants 281 1319 4.7 131.9 46 7 13 5
9 New England 317 1289 4.1 128.9 50 10 14 6
10 Tennessee 295 1278 4.3 127.8 70 9 13 3
11 Philadelphia 253 1230 4.9 123.0 71 8 13 8
12 Washington 280 1221 4.4 122.1 38 8 13 5
13 Pittsburgh 269 1163 4.3 116.3 76 10 13 7
14 Chicago 320 1125 3.5 112.5 29 7 11 8
15 NY Jets 308 1121 3.6 112.1 28 9 8 5
16 Miami 274 1088 4.0 98.9 55 6 13 5
17 Seattle 274 1085 4.0 108.5 37 3 11 7
18 Minnesota 273 1080 4.0 108.0 95 4 17 8
19 Carolina 264 1073 4.1 107.3 43 6 13 8
20 Indianapolis 271 1048 3.9 104.8 21 9 8 6
21 Green Bay 264 1042 3.9 104.2 70 5 13 10
22 Houston 265 1034 3.9 103.4 35 6 19 8

Wali Lundy is terrible.
Owens is nice.
Chester Pitts is above average.

Stats are stats, Indy is two spots ahead of us and way better than us. That doesn't change the fact that we have more than enough talent at WR.

This was a put up or shut up year for Carr, he didn't have to go to the playoffs, hell he didn't even have to have a winning record. All he had to do was prove he had the instinct and could be the answer.......he failed. I'm tired of watching the same crap and reading the same excuses year after year. Carr is a game manager, he's no different than Brad Johnson other than Brad has a ring, hell backups have come in this year and done better.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Its time to wake up..........I have

TexanFanInCC
11-26-2006, 06:01 PM
the reason why i think carr sucks is because i know for a fact that any QB can go out there and complete 70% of their passes if they are mostly dink passes to the tailback or little 4 yard inside routes by WR's who ought to be running go routes to use their talent the right way. carr is being paid way too much to do something that a high school QB can do. i promise you a high school QB can go out there and do what carr does....as long as they are 4 yd screens. you dont need a star QB to do that.

JDizzle
11-26-2006, 06:05 PM
ahh the seven degrees of David Carr rears it's ugly head again.

Take world-wide poll of Manning Vs. Carr and 99.99% (Ibar being the .01%) say Manning.

wolfscar
11-26-2006, 06:07 PM
You people are ridiculous. I'm not going to argue in favour of Carr, because it's pointless - you'll think whatever you want to think, and he's definitely a long way from perfect - but for all you people preaching your 'If you knew anything about football...' crap, If You Knew Anything About Football you'd take one look at our team and see a patchwork of holes with, yes, a QB at the center. Because that's where he goes. At the center.

If you can honestly look at a game where we throw for over 300 yards, rush for 25 (against the worst rush defense in the league BTW), screw up a punt, miss a field goal, create zero turnovers and get one sack and then come out with the conclusion 'Carr sucks - it's his fault we suck - he's the problem with the Texans and without him our footballling world would be sunshine and fried chicken as far as the eye could see' ... well, then you're just flat out retarded.

:twocents:

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 06:11 PM
You people are ridiculous. I'm not going to argue in favour of Carr, because it's pointless - you'll think whatever you want to think, and he's definitely a long way from perfect - but for all you people preaching your 'If you knew anything about football...' crap, If You Knew Anything About Football you'd take one look at our team and see a patchwork of holes with, yes, a QB at the center. Because that's where he goes. At the center.

If you can honestly look at a game where we throw for over 300 yards, rush for 25 (against the worst rush defense in the league BTW), screw up a punt, miss a field goal, create zero turnovers and get one sack and then come out with the conclusion 'Carr sucks - it's his fault we suck - he's the problem with the Texans and without him our footballling world would be sunshine and fried chicken as far as the eye could see' ... well, then you're just flat out retarded.

You get positive reputation for your avatar but negative reputation for perpetuating the culture of mediocrity and lame excuses for Carr.

He sucks imho. Period.

I gotta give you positive reputation because

Tim from Holy Grail avatar > More lame Carr excuses

ib4texans
11-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Holy $#@%^& the Titans ar losing to the Giants 21 to 0 at half, that can only mean 1 thing it's David Carr's fault!

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 06:16 PM

Stats are absolutely worthless

How much did the Jets rush for?

Brees set a record in a LOSING record last week

its the quality of throws not the amount

its the quality of completions not the amount

Carr takes the stats the opposing defense allows him to have, he plays right into their game plan week after week. I used to say the same thing about DD, the Texans have constanty played into the defenses hand year after year (except for the two games he play JAX)

Carr is playing for his job from here on out

Specnatz
11-26-2006, 06:27 PM
After reading this thread I have come to some very strong conclusions.

#1. Dream has a crush on vy and probably would like to date vy and has his children.

#2. Carr haters are more blind than Carr lovers. They will ignore facts quicker than Kobayashi eats a hotdog.

Ignore how the line played, ignore the 4-man rush and everyone else dropping back into coverage. Ignore the 4 sacks allowd by a beat up offensive-line. Ignore the fact the Texans only rushed for 25 yards at a staggering 1.8 clip. Ignore that when the WR did get the ball thrown to them they dropped a lot of them. Ignore that the play calls were designed for short passes.

#3. What Carr haters call Carr lovers are people who want the whole team looked at not just one player. Carr haters are against this because it actually makes sense.

#4. Carr haters blame the play calling on Carr saying he is a mental midget and cannot understand the play book.

#5. Certain people think because Romo is having success, that you can put anyone at QB and they will succeed as long as it is not Carr.

Why is it so hard to look at the whole team and point out things that each player did well and things each player did wrong/bad instead of saying he sucks? Also, why is it no one can point out things that the team did poorly (like the line, Coach, and or receivers) without being labled a Carr defender on everything he does and a Carr blind lover?

Some of you I find truely comical in your post. :brickwall

:gotexans1

OzzO
11-26-2006, 06:27 PM
lawl

oh, and if you were formerly a Carr homer and have awaken to reality, please let us know in this thread. I hope that Carr's abysmal play has finally brought some people over to the 'Carr Sucks' crowd. You will not be judged or be discriminated against. Lots of people thought Carr could develop into a nice QB, but they just all happened to be WRONG. ...

<stands up> Was never the homer (I don't think so anyway) but I cheered for Carr just like all Texans that were here for their stay and for others that are currently here. I've seen some "flashes of potential" that have impressed me over the years and I've seen some bone headed WTF moves, whether they were the play called or the result of what happened at the line, in the secondary, or the thought process of the QB.

So, therefore - I think I reside a fence straddler, which does hurt a bit, but this game gave me a slight nudge to the "dark side" (or good side, depending on which side your on). That was a truly pathetic outing by all phases of the team. Dink passing and a lousy running game - against a 16th rank pass def and 28th ranked run def, or something like that. Seeing the team give up, pretty much after the Jets drive for a TD early in the 2nd half and even more visible with 8 minutes or so left in the game and a lack luster effort.

I dont think QB is the sole position that needs to be corrected, but it is the most visible one. If not QB, then get to work on the secondary, O-line, special teams, and RB. Agree with above, this year is Kubiak's time to evaluate, especially Carr, and see what he can manuver in the offseason based on perfrmance this year. If some players don't wanna step up their resume with a "2nd chance" this year, they'll be asked to seek excellence elsewhere.

Carr is not going anywhere this year.

Not off the team, because if Sage gets hurt - then what?

Not backup because that will not help Carr's trade value (especially with his contract). Being on the field has a better chance of "trade success" than sitting on the sidelines, correct? Also, Kubiak might as well get a full season to really see what he has at QB, with all kind of situations to draw from this year - it's a pretty vital decision to make for the team's future. Yes, he said he can take the Texans to the bowl with Carr, or something like that, but that was based off other coach's game tape, not his own. He can change his mind after this year, just like any human can. If it was a mistake to note that, I'm sure he'll admit it to McNair and the Bob will respect him for that.

Also, Sage will not be the QB of the future (honestly, anyone think so?) so what would that benefit the coaching staff to see what he can do the rest of the year.... unless he just completely succeeds with a favorable team winning percentage - then that may dictate if they go after a veteran QB or stick with Sage next year if they do decide to draft a QB to groom for the future.

So, on the fence I reside - but I now have questions to keep me company and hope the Kubiak and his staff make the correct decision for the future, whatever it may be. Luckily, we continue to have McNair as the owner who has a drive to win it all just like the fans do.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 06:30 PM

#1. Dream has a crush on vy and probably would like to date vy and has his children.

#2. Carr haters are more blind than Carr lovers. They will ignore facts quicker than Kobayashi eats a hotdog.

Ignore how the line played, ignore the 4-man rush and everyone else dropping back into coverage. Ignore the 4 sacks allowd by a beat up offensive-line. Ignore the fact the Texans only rushed for 25 yards at a staggering 1.8 clip. Ignore that when the WR did get the ball thrown to them they dropped a lot of them. Ignore that the play calls were designed for short passes.

#3. What Carr haters call Carr lovers are people who want the whole team looked at not just one player. Carr haters are against this because it actually makes sense.

#4. Carr haters blame the play calling on Carr saying he is a mental midget and cannot understand the play book.

#5. Certain people think because Romo is having success, that you can put anyone at QB and they will succeed as long as it is not Carr.

Why is it so hard to look at the whole team and point out things that each player did well and things each player did wrong/bad instead of saying he sucks? Also, why is it no one can point out things that the team did poorly (like the line, Coach, and or receivers) without being labled a Carr defender on everything he does and a Carr blind lover?

Some of you I find truely comical in your post.

After reading this post I think David Carr has decided to finally join our message board.....welcome david. :redtowel:

wolfscar
11-26-2006, 06:31 PM
You get positive reputation for your avatar but negative reputation for perpetuating the culture of mediocrity and lame excuses for Carr.

He sucks imho. Period.

Strangest reply I ever got, but credit to you for posting it. And you are, of course, fully entitled to your opinion. I'm just saying this team sucked hard last year and still has a LONG way to go (with some major injuries besides). Carr's not the biggest problem the Texans have right now and today's game showed SO many holes to be filled. Lack of personnel elsewhere is our biggest issue and I dont think we're going to see what kubiak's offense really looks like till next year - this softly softly playbook nonsense all feels like probing to me.

wicked_wayz
11-26-2006, 06:32 PM

Some of you I find truely comical in your post. :brickwall

:gotexans1

right on there mate, rep coming your way

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 06:34 PM
<stands up> Was never the homer (I don't think so anyway) but I cheered for Carr just like all Texans that were here for their stay and for others that are currently here. I've seen some "flashes of potential" that have impressed me over the years and I've seen some bone headed WTF moves, whether they were the play called or the result of what happened at the line, in the secondary, or the thought process of the QB.

So, therefore - I think I reside a fence straddler, which does hurt a bit, but this game gave me a slight nudge to the "dark side" (or good side, depending on which side your on). That was a truly pathetic outing by all phases of the team. Dink passing and a lousy running game - against a 16th rank pass def and 28th ranked run def, or something like that. Seeing the team give up, pretty much after the Jets drive for a TD early in the 2nd half and even more visible with 8 minutes or so left in the game and a lack luster effort.

I dont think QB is the sole position that needs to be corrected, but it is the most visible one. If not QB, then get to work on the secondary, O-line, special teams, and RB. Agree with above, this year is Kubiak's time to evaluate, especially Carr, and see what he can manuver in the offseason based on perfrmance this year. If some players don't wanna step up their resume with a "2nd chance" this year, they'll be asked to seek excellence elsewhere.

Not backup because that will not help Carr's trade value (especially with his contract). Being on the field has a better chance of "trade success" than sitting on the sidelines, correct?

Also, Sage will not be the QB of the future (honestly, anyone think so?) so what would that benefit the coaching staff to see what he can do the rest of the year.... unless he just completely succeeds with a favorable team winning percentage - then that may dictate if they go after a veteran QB or stick with Sage next year if they do decide to draft a QB to groom for the future.

So, on the fence I reside - but I now have questions to keep me company and hope the Kubiak and his staff make the correct decision for the future, whatever it may be. Luckily, we continue to have McNair as the owner who has a drive to win it all just like the fans do.

I'm not a Carr hater look at my name

I have followed this team year after year, watched game after game and came to the realization Carr isn't the answer....sometimes the truth hurts, but that doesn't mean you deny the truth.

Sage is not the answer either, its time we find who is.

QB75
11-26-2006, 06:34 PM

...but it gives more credibility than some wannabe like you on a message board. A "man crush"? Yeah, sure.

wicked_wayz
11-26-2006, 06:38 PM
...but it gives more credibility than some wannabe like you on a message board. A "man crush"? Yeah, sure.

totally agree with you

if KB thinks carr is the man for the job then thats fine with me

i hav faith in KB

TEXANRED
11-26-2006, 06:41 PM
I absolutely understand why there are so many Carr Haters. I do. I am just as frustrated as the next fan. I have spent the last 75 Sundays watching, rooting, screaming, and in some instances cursing at the TV.

Its easy to blame Carr. He is the guy who touches the ball every single play. He is the leader of the O. He is the face of the franchise. Of course he is going to take the heat. Plus it doesn't help that for the past four years we have been arguing about the same exact thing. Neither the Carr haters or the Carr Supporters will budge and or acknowledge the validity of the views of the other posters. Its more like a see I told you so kinda thing going on.

Once tempers settle and your emotions have subsided you must take a look at the whole picture.

First and for most, we lost DD. I don't think some on this board realize how important that was. DD accounted for 47% of our offensive production last year. He was a solid thousand yard rusher, and not to mention reliable hands and a punishing runner.

Second. We only have one deep threat. AJ. No other receiver on our roster has that ability to stretch the field. Thats why every time we do go long AJ is always double covered. I thought Walters was supposed to be good?

Third. Our O line is learning a new system with new players. Then when it looked like the O line had gotten it, we loose Spencer, and Weigart. Winston has done OK but he is not a dominating RT. I would like to see what he looks like at guard. Pitts just doesn't get down the field, seems like he is always missing the block that would spring the runner. He is a good guard but I don't think he works well in this particular system. Weary has looked good, or at the very least better than McKinney. I like Hodge. In my opinion he should be starting over Flannagen. To me, Flannagen has been a disappointment. Wiegart has probably played his last down as a Texan.

Fourth. Our D. Very Very inconsistent. One week they look like beasts and then there are weeks like this one where they let Pennington carve them up like a Thanksgiving turkey. We need LB's, D line, and Safety's.

Carr has had his problems. You would have to admit that he is having one of his best seasons as a Texan, we have DD in there and I would almost guarantee we have another four wins. Remember he is learning a new system (heck they all are.) and getting coached for the first time ever. This team is starting from scratch. I wouldn't ditch this team just yet. This was a great draft, Ryans, Williams, Spencer, Winston, OD, is enough to make anyone smile.

But that is just my opinion.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 06:45 PM

Not backup because that will not help Carr's trade value (especially with his contract). Being on the field has a better chance of "trade success" than sitting on the sidelines, correct?

Everything you said has some merit and I personally appreciate the honest response. One day you will have to jump off that fence though... :)

As for the bit about McNair, I am not quite as sure about that. He has shown he is willing to pay and leverage big money for a franchise (that has already greatly appreciated in value) but what about the actual product on the field like players and coaches? We have consistently struggled to recruit and sign some of the top position coaches and coordinators and we have made many questionable money-related personnel in the past 5 years. There have been MANY cases where players were let go because they were making too much money. Some releases were warranted but some were not and seemed based purely on being cheap. Geez, we arent even anywhere near the top in salary paid out.

Wouldn't it be nice to have Marlon McRee, R.Smith (a healthy one), and Aaron Glenn right about now? Those moves, as well as many others, were purely about money and those were just blatant mistakes the moment the made them....remember when we all thought we would have Dunta, Glenn, and PBuck as our CB Trio...then we let Glenn go and keep PBuck...that was about money...i would rather spend TOO much money on CB than too little....

Everyone just assumes McNair will spend whatever to put a championship product on the field....he talks a good game but I want to see it. He is more worried about image and other non-game related BS. Let's just get some people down here that can play some football and most importantly, have the inane desire to win and compete at the highest level....

ib4texans
11-26-2006, 06:48 PM
I thought this an interesting post from another thread:
Did anyone here watch Carr in college. He played in a wide open offense and threw the ball downfield. So what changed. Coaching. Carr dinks and dunks because that is what the coaches want. It's the gameplan. It's all you can do with a below average OL. If Carr wasn't doing what Kubiak was asking he would be pulled.

Yeah his #1 WR was non other than Bernard Barrian of the Bears,there deep threat man. HMMMMMMM....................

dat_boy_yec
11-26-2006, 06:58 PM
I get tired of the Carr threads being so common today. I got news for those that say Carr sucks. THE WHOLE TEAM IS SUCKING RIGHT NOW! AJ still isn't catching catchable balls so he sucks. No it's not just Carr's passes because in the Tenn. game Sage threw him a ball that bounced off his freaking chest and into Pacman's hands. I'm getting tired of everyone piling on Carr and letting the rest of the team slide. Honey moon talks about accepting mediocrity and how shameful it is. WELL THEN CALL OUT THE REST OF THE TEAM!! You telling me any other punter would miss his punt like Stanley did today?! WTF was that all about?!! What about our running game? We need a new QB yet our RB's who combined for a whopping 15 YARDS TODAY don't get questioned. ALL THESE PROBLEMS ARE ON ONE SIDE OF THE BALL!! YET YOU ALL THINK CARR IS SOMEHOW THE BIGGEST CULPRIT!!

Talk about lack of leadership on Carr's part. What about AJ. Howcome he or any other player on offense isn't making everyone around them better. I'm getting real tired of people claiming to understand the game of football and then give cliche reasons. He doesn't check down my ass everytime he slung it to the dump off he had looked downfield before he dumped it off. Not throwing over the middle what about the shot Moulds took after the catch if that wasn't dead center of the field then I dunno what the hell everybody else is watching. I'm sorry I need to vent I might keep going when I get back.

OzzO
11-26-2006, 07:07 PM
...As for the bit about McNair, I am not quite as sure about that. He has shown he is willing to pay and leverage big money for a franchise (that has already greatly appreciated in value) but what about the actual product on the field like players and coaches?...

....he talks a good game but I want to see it. He is more worried about image and other non-game related BS....

I think McNair has just been not wanting to make the major mistake and relying on others "more knowledgable" of "how they do it in the nfl". This is a new venture for him and he's learning as he goes. I still think he has the want like the fans do... but like the fans, not 100% sure how to get there, and rely on this new coaching and office staff to provide the way.

As for not being able to get the high priced coaches here (seems like that's how it came across to me) which of these were out there that we didn't get instead of Capers or Kubiak?

... second thought, don't need to answer that. Let's keep our focus on this thread w/o a hijack.

edit - As for dat_boy - the reason people are piling on Carr is because that is the most "visible" position and I think we all know that quite a few changes need to happen, and the position of QB seems to be the one most will have an opinion on... including Kubiak at the end of the year.

Honoring Earl 34
11-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Hey Vince Young's Titans are now beating the Giants 24-21 . Vince has two td passes and he ran for another ... carry on .

Grid
11-26-2006, 07:21 PM
It would be great if the mods would change this to the "unofficial" carr sucks thread, and then take all the other Carr sucks posts and put them in here.

It would preserve my sanity, and my IQ.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey Vince Young's Titans are now beating the Giants 24-21 . Vince has two td passes and he ran for another ... carry on .

wow Reggie bush's N.O. beat atlanta also
d-brick ferguson Jets beat the Texans

Napa Auto Parts
11-26-2006, 07:43 PM

wow Reggie bush's N.O. beat atlanta also
d-brick ferguson Jets beat the Texans

dont be so hatefull Wolf the man was just saying we passed up on some winners i think i know we could use some winners hell ill settle for wins :shoot:

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Hulk, You have made a believer out of me, our team sucks, Carr is the second comming of Montana, California Rocks!!! Narly dude, surfs up, hang ten!!!!

Well untill someone proves what I wrote earlier to be wrong I am sticking with it.

Hulk75
11-26-2006, 07:49 PM

Not backup because that will not help Carr's trade value (especially with his contract). Being on the field has a better chance of "trade success" than sitting on the sidelines, correct? Also, Kubiak might as well get a full season to really see what he has at QB, with all kind of situations to draw from this year - it's a pretty vital decision to make for the team's future. Yes, he said he can take the Texans to the bowl with Carr, or something like that, but that was based off other coach's game tape, not his own. He can change his mind after this year, just like any human can. If it was a mistake to note that, I'm sure he'll admit it to McNair and the Bob will respect him for that.

Good Stuff, right on............:dance2:

Kaiser Toro
11-26-2006, 08:35 PM

He sucks imho. Period.

I love the smell of levity.

QB75
11-26-2006, 08:58 PM
I hope, and expect, that the Texans remain committed to David Carr not only for the remainder of 2006, but for the remainder of his contract.

The prior coaching regime was second-rate, he had no QB coach, no veteran QB to learn from, no offensive line, mediocre backs and one NFL quality receiver. And that was just the offense.

Team management wants to see how he does in year 2 and 3 under Gary Kubiak and an improved surrounding team. If you're impatient for him to get booted, sit back and take a breath because it's not in the cards.

kbourda
11-26-2006, 09:23 PM
I hope, and expect, that the Texans remain committed to David Carr not only for the remainder of 2006, but for the remainder of his contract.

The prior coaching regime was second-rate, he had no QB coach, no veteran QB to learn from, no offensive line, mediocre backs and one NFL quality receiver. And that was just the offense.

Team management wants to see how he does in year 2 and 3 under Gary Kubiak and an improved surrounding team. If you're impatient for him to get booted, sit back and take a breath because it's not in the cards.

Contract wise, there is no other option. We are in it for the long haul with Carr. Sink or swim. I said before the season started that the Texans, more specifically Carr, would struggle with the offense in general. I'd like to see (I'm sure we all would) more vertical pass plays to see what we have down field. If only to make other teams honest while defending our offense. I admit I'm not crazy about Carr and never have been but the franchise made the commitment to him and the team. He is the QB on record and will be for awhile.

Mr. Old School
11-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Most of you are complete morons...Pontificating about pocket presense, reading coverages and how we should be able to pass into double coverage just because we have 2 probowl receivers.

We have key injuries and all you guys can do is be crybabies about how bad Carr is.

I got news for u, this whole team sucks right now top to bottom.

David Carr is a dud. I've been saying this for more than four years now. Yes, Bob McNair and the rest of management has bought into this young man for better or for worse. It's McNair who signed the big note for $700M to bring an NFL franchise back to H-Town. I respect him and feel he is a good man.
I cancelled my season tix this year. As a consumer, I refuse to pay thousands of dollars for a poor performing product. Very simple. It's my right.

Little David is far from a leader on the field. He has zero field generalship. Just look at some of the QB's that have jumped onto the field from the bench and have remarkable positive changes for their team...Romo.

The Texans have been doing all kinds of handholding with David...five years worth and counting. It's embarrassing.

profan
11-26-2006, 09:42 PM
David Carr is a dud. I've been saying this for more than four years now. Yes, Bob McNair and the rest of management has bought into this young man for better or for worse. It's McNair who signed the big note for $700M to bring an NFL franchise back to H-Town. I respect him and feel he is a good man.
I cancelled my season tix this year. As a consumer, I refuse to pay thousands of dollars for a poor performing product. Very simple. It's my right.

Little David is far from a leader on the field. He has zero field generalship. Just look at some of the QB's that have jumped onto the field from the bench and have remarkable positive changes for their team...Romo.

The Texans have been doing all kinds of handholding with David...five years worth and counting. It's embarrassing.

i know what you mean, i have eight psl's and am know debating if i should just take the loss know and not renew or hold on for another season. Friends, family, etc. dont want to watch the texans. my kids dont want to go to texan games because they get teased for being texan fans, it just really sucks right now and i's pssed. Great deal on psl's wayyyyyyyy below what the team charged me in 2000.

Napa Auto Parts
11-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Staying with the topic Carr sucks but i mean he really really really sucks

Mr. Old School
11-26-2006, 10:19 PM
BTW, Sage is NOT the future of the Houston Texans. Unless drastic changes are made, which I don't see happening, it'll take the Texans about 3 - 4 more years to be a .500 team. Very lame.

Turbo
11-26-2006, 10:36 PM
Let's dump Carr, and take Troy Smith as our #1 draft pick.

SF49erFaithful
11-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Why are you guys so mad at Carr? I didn't see the game, but it looks like he had over 300 yards passing.

Kaiser Toro
11-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Why are you guys so mad at Carr? I didn't see the game, but it looks like he had over 300 yards passing.

You just have to watch the game. One hint will be to look at the number of completions.

TexansSeminole
11-26-2006, 11:16 PM
You just have to watch the game. One hint will be to look at the number of completions.

Haha. I mean, just look at his completion percentage and yards passing. He obviously did no wrong...HOW COULD WE POSSIBLY SEE FAULT IN 300 YARDS PASSING.

Some posters are rediculous with their logic.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 11:20 PM

yes he set career highs in 2 department, but the game wasn't close. Offensively we struggled all day long.. we set the team record with only 25 yards rushing.. and on a positive we set the team record giving up only 27 yards rushing.

however this team has a way of getting QB's out of slumps.. not knocking Chad, but geeze it is frustrating

mexican_texan
11-26-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm no Carr fan, but let's admit that Ephraim Salaam has quite a bit of credit in Carr's failures, even if Carr tried to squeeze in between two defenders, thus sacking himself. Where's the official "Salaam Sucks" thread? Can I join the official "I got Winston's back" thread?

Honoring Earl 34
11-26-2006, 11:30 PM
I think the if defense gets a CB , S ,OLB , gets healthy up front they'll be a real good unit . I can't say what the offense should do .

Wolf
11-26-2006, 11:30 PM
I think the if defense gets a CB , S ,OLB , gets healthy up front they'll be a real good unit . I can't say what the offense should do .

I can ..get healthy on the OL

and stay healthy

get Jerome Mathis back on ST

Honoring Earl 34
11-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Kubiak said something on channel 13 about why we can't throw deep but I did'nt catch all of it . At 10:30 they discuss the game . I know your in Kerrville .

Wolf
11-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Kubiak said something on channel 13 about why we can't throw deep but I did'nt catch all of it . At 10:30 they discuss the game . I know your in Kerrville .

I will make a thread about a certain play that is a staple of some of my frustration of the offense and deep ball.

NFLforher
11-27-2006, 12:26 AM

Some are about 14.

NFLforher
11-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Non-Homer Translation

A more homer friendly view....mired in a pool of low expectations and easy to read

I'm impressed. The majority of newspapers are written at a 6th grade level. I underestimated you.

:yawn:

DFAN
11-27-2006, 03:29 AM
Become a ROMOSEXUAL. It feels great.

phan1
11-27-2006, 03:45 AM
As I said in another thread, part of it was coaching if you look a film. We are in the I-Pro set wih an extra TE blocking. And the Jets are playing basic cover-2. That means 4 people on AJ and Moulds, and RBs are free to go out and catch dump-offs. Plus the fact that your running game is down-right laughable, and you've got an offense that isn't going anywhere.

We should have threw the running game out the door after tha pitiful 1st half and made Carr throw in the empty set more. He drove right down the field with it on the last two drives of the game. Some of it has to be put on 1) Kubiak for committing to the run game that was going nowhere and 2) on the Oline for embarrassing themselves.

I also want to see Carr in the shotgun. You put him in the empty-set, why don't you just put him in shotgun?!? He has a low trajectory, so
he's going to have some balls batted down. Let him get in the shotgun and find a throwing lane!

One of the announcer said "Why can't Carr throw it down the field?!?", and the other guy said "cause nobody is open!." :brickwall Nuff Said. Honeslty, I doubt if Kubiak is going to harp much on Carr tomorrow like he has other times, because he knows that there were many problems besides Carr. I've been critical of Carr many times and he's had horrible games that I'll call him out on. This wasn't one of them IMO.

Mattheus_Rex
11-27-2006, 04:02 AM
If you guys want to dump Carr so bad, I'm sure Testaverde will take a starting job. :shudder:

touttail
11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Carr Sucks

*discuss*

Doug From The Woodlands

i concurr.

Bobby 119c

shinerbock_girl
11-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Well Carr better start doing something otherwise iam going to get Vinny to change my name to Texansgal59.....DeMeco my mannnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CenTexNative
11-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Carr Sucks

*discuss*

Doug From The Woodlands

Well it's not like David Carr has a very good supporting cast either. Once the line gets beefed up you will be singing another tune.........

hater!!!

Texan_Bill
11-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Van Pelt signed !!! Is that a sign for things to come??

:mario2:

Geeeez, I hope not. He played in 3 games in 2005 and went 2 of 8.

Notice to readers, that was 2005.

thunderkyss
11-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Geeeez, I hope not. He played in 3 games in 2005 and went 2 of 8.

Notice to readers, that was 2005.

Prior to this season, when was the last time Damon Huard had played a game??

He threw one pass in 2003 for the Patriots. It was incomplete. Other than that, it was 2000 since he had thrown a pass in the NFL.

Sometimes, some guys(Tom Brady who wasn't supposed to throw a pass in the NFL) are just waiting for their next chance.

run-david-run
11-27-2006, 08:07 PM

One good lineman and a running game that generates 15 yards....as frustrating as it is to watch DC throw hitches, screens, and slants over and over (would it kill us to run one slant and go?), there is no way you can put this anemic offense squarley on Carr. We are supposed to be a running team with passing based on PA and roll-outs, bringing safties up and exposing them deep. None of that happens when you struggle to get 1 yard on a running play, simple as that.

swoldier
11-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Carr is just a loser he has a total lack of anything resembling a winning spirit. He is a horrible leader on the field and he has no vision. Dump offs on 3rd and 13 is just unexcusable. At least try and get the first down. Ohh and did you notice when he did try and go down field with a pass it got intercepted. UGH I just felt like breaking something.

cowboy62
11-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Carr Sucks

*discuss*

Doug From The Woodlands

CARR SUCKS AND THE TEXANS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tease: