PDA

View Full Version : Down 15 points and quit

1-3
11-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Does anyone else find it offensive that the Texans and Carr continue to go to 4 yard passes with no regard for ever possibly winning the game when we are only down 2 scores? It's pathetic in my opinion.

brewhaus
11-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Does anyone else find it offensive that the Texans and Carr continue to go to 4 yard passes with no regard for ever possibly winning the game when we are only down 2 scores? It's pathetic in my opinion.

It isn't offensive.....it's more like, "expected".

moses77550
11-26-2006, 02:59 PM
i agree. they just don't want to win....we kept throwing dump off passes with too much time on the clock.and we still are doing it.Texans are Killin me

Runner
11-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Like the headline on the Texans website read all week - this is a message game. The message is they are quitters.

JDizzle
11-26-2006, 03:15 PM
The end of the last drive stunk balls. Everyone knew we weren't going to win but we're still dumping off in the middle of the field. After that last first down there should have been 4 straight shots to the endzone, anything else and you might as well kneel the frickin' thing and avoid injury. Carr gets outperformed by an average QB (again) and the D breaks in critical moments. Story of our season.

Porky
11-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Yup, duly noted. The offense had zero urgency to it, and they even huddled in a few times. Did Carr throw more than 10 yards down the field in the 4th qtr? They acted like what they are. A bunch of losers, with Carr serving as Chief Loser of the Loser Tribe. As for Carr? :survivor:

dbspi
11-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Yes but for all the stats lover: Carr was able to pad his stats line in the last 5 minutes of the game. I am sure this is how you win ball games and I am sure this is what Kubiak is teaching Carr other wise Texans would have adjusted better in the second half with nothing working in their favor.

Salzburg
11-26-2006, 03:24 PM
That kinda pissed me off too... almost 4 minutes left in the game down by 2 touchdowns + 2 pt conversion. It is highly unlikely that we could tie up the game, but there is still a small chance, yet we didn't even try. All we did was do 5-10 yard passes and take up the whole time to get to the 3 yard line?

dbspi
11-26-2006, 03:24 PM
May be its time to chant AP Bowl again.

1-3
11-26-2006, 03:25 PM
I can handle the team sucking for the first 9 years of the franchise, but this point, not even pretending to try and win down only 15 is really pissing me off more and more (partly cus I keep drinking I'm sure).

awtysst
11-26-2006, 03:51 PM
FOr whatever reason, Houston looked really flat today. I am not sure if it was too much turkey or what.

I have a feeling they were playing for a draft pick. As much as I hate to think it, I really think that they have all but given up on the season and are playing for a playmaker in the next draft. I think if we can get Joe Thomas to play LT, slide Spncer to RT, and have Winston get into RG we will be ok line-wise. I think in the offseason we go hard after Clement and put him opposite DROB and then find a solid LB and FS in the draft. That will make us a much much better team.