PDA

View Full Version : Carr is done in Houston

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 02:49 PM
This is not a Carr hate thread, I supported Carr for 5 years, I hope he moves on somewhere else, but its time to move on in Houston.

This is a talented team.......let me say that again........this team has talent, we held the Jets to feild goal and were wore down late.......same story different week. Its time for a change, Sage can play and the results will be the same.

Hervoyel
11-26-2006, 02:51 PM
I agree with you. The reason is no longer important in my opinion. It's just time.

AustinTexansFan
11-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Man do I AGREE!!!!!!!!

mexican_texan
11-26-2006, 02:53 PM
I hear Oakland needs a QB. Send David back home.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 02:54 PM
I was saying this same thing a couple of seasons ago.

DomDavis
11-26-2006, 02:56 PM
This is not a Carr hate thread, I supported Carr for 5 years, I hope he moves on somewhere else, but its time to move on in Houston.

This is a talented team.......let me say that again........this team has talent, he held the Jets to feild goal and were wore down late.......same story different week. Its time for a change, Sage can play and the results will be the same.

This is not a talented team. Not close. We're a very long way from winning, whether it's with Carr or another QB. It doesn't really matter.

TexanFanInCC
11-26-2006, 02:56 PM
i think carr gets more credit than he deserves bc of his high completion %. that is the most overrated stat on carr's line. how many TD passes does he have? not enough for the amount of completions he has. carr has old habits that havent been broken yet. he locks in on AJ, and if he isnt initially open, then he dumps to the RB. when sage was put in the game vs tennessee....he had no problem finding his WR's and the threw downfield and had 3 td passes in one half. our 2-minute offense is slow and inefficient. i dont really think lundy is the answer, but the run game would be better if we could spread the ball more and stretch the defense down the field. alll the dinks and screens just keep the offense compacted and therefore, its harder to run.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 02:59 PM
This is not a talented team. Not close. We're a very long way from winning, whether it's with Carr or another QB. It doesn't really matter.

Dude this is a talented team, we are no different from the 2004 Chargers just need better QB play and a RB.

This team has talent

mexican_texan
11-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Dude this is a talented team, we are no different from the 2004 Chargers just need better QB play and a RB.

This team has talent
A big difference there is that Brees had to save his job from a rookie. Kubiak has told the media that Carr is the QB. Carr doesn't have to worry about being benched, or at least not losing his job.

Osso
11-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Carr will not improve any more with the last 5 games to play.....Put in sage and see what he can do.

Please.:lightbulb:

If he does well than carr know he better learn how to be a better qb before preseason starts.

Dr. Toro
11-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Don't know what's going on anymore. He's great at the underneath stuff, but we are getting absolutely nothing down the field. Maybe it's all playcalling, maybe it's him being gunshy and not wanting to turn the ball over. I have no clue anymore, the guy puts up a ridiculous QB rating and we can't score. I like the fire Sage showed on that tackle. Until this year I was pretty sold on Carr being no good, he's shown some flashes to and the ability to stay upright, but neither the W-L nor the offensive production has improved.

Mr.Scarface
11-26-2006, 03:03 PM
A big difference there is that Brees had to save his job from a rookie. Kubiak has told the media that Carr is the QB. Carr doesn't have to worry about being benched, or at least not losing his job.

No...the difference is Brees HAD LT. Some are u are just *****s.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Carr needs to go. We need to get rid of that freaking bum.

Carr, you need to take your pretty boy image, your gravy training father, and your 'aww shucks' smile and get the hell out of our city. You are a bum, a stat farmer, and a COMPLETE LOSER.

I have held my tongue long enough. The guy needs to go and now.

Sage better be starting next game or I wouldn't be surprised if the team (as well as most realistic fans) mutiny against this TOTAL EMBARASSMENT that is the Texans.

Carr, you suck.

Doug From The Woodlands

mexican_texan
11-26-2006, 03:06 PM
No...the difference is Brees HAD LT. Some are u are just *****s.
That too. LT wasn't the one that threw all those passes though.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 03:10 PM

Carr, you need to take your pretty boy image, your gravy training father, and your 'aww shucks' smile and get the hell out of our city. You are a bum, a stat farmer, and a COMPLETE LOSER.

I have held my tongue long enough. The guy needs to go and now.

Sage better be starting next game or I wouldn't be surprised if the team (as well as most realistic fans) mutiny against this TOTAL EMBARASSMENT that is the Texans.

Carr, you suck.

Doug From The Woodlands

This is what I don't like, Carr is not the answer at QB, but he is a good person and has stuck it out through 5 horrible years.......I honestly wish him the best.....honestly, he has good values and a good family. Seperate football from real life.

Do the Texans need to move on...yes
Do we need to trash Carr as a person..No

He failed....everybody has failed at one time.

houstonhurricane
11-26-2006, 03:12 PM

This is a talented team.......let me say that again........this team has talent, we held the Jets to feild goal and were wore down late.......same story different week. Its time for a change, Sage can play and the results will be the same.

What talent do you see out there? We have one playmaker on offense and a couple of rising star players on defense. Other than that, we simply stink. Not saying whether Carr needs to stay or go, but until we have a solid offensive line, more offensive playmakers, and a secondary that can cover someone, it won't matter who is taking snaps...

Wolf
11-26-2006, 03:14 PM
nice Carr bomb.. I agree with that, I think people forget that friends and family (from all ages) come on this board.. and the personal attacks IMO are unwarrented

have to take a rain check on the rep until it gets spread around again.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 03:15 PM
What talent do you see out there? We have one playmaker on offense and a couple of rising star players on defense. Other than that, we simply stink. Not saying whether Carr needs to stay or go, but until we have a solid offensive line, more offensive playmakers, and a secondary that can cover someone, it won't matter who is taking snaps...

I'll say this, besides the injuries on the OL, this is easily the best talent we have accumulated on offense at the skill positions.

AJ,Moulds,Walter,Putzier,Daniels,Gado,Lundy,Cook and Carr.

DomDavis
11-26-2006, 03:16 PM
This is a talented team at the SKILL POSITIONS. This is one of the worst teams I've ever seen up front. There's not a quarterback in this league that could take this team to the playoffs - or even a winning record - until there's better protection and a running game, and that starts with the 5 guys up front.

dbspi
11-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Maybe Texans are shooting for the top of the Ping Pong ball. Not a bad strategy all we need to do is loose our next 5 games and I am sure we will in contention for the top pick again.

It is just so frustrating being a Texans fans these days with the bone headed play. In the first half defense played very well but our offense simply let us down again. I am sure this must of had a bad effect on the defense in the second half. In ability to move the chains.

For all the stats lovers: Carr was able to pad up his stats in the last 5 minutes of the game so now his stats will look good to public view and his completion % must have increased as well. This is the way you win ball games.

Tulip
11-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I don't see it. All I see is total devotion to our first #1 overall pick by the front office, the owner, and the coaching staff.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 03:21 PM
This is what I don't like, Carr is not the answer at QB, but he is a good person and has stuck it out through 5 horrible years.......I honestly wish him the best.....honestly, he has good values and a good family. Seperate football from real life.

He failed....everybody has failed at one time

To hell with that, Carr = a failure at the NFL and Life....lol

houstonhurricane
11-26-2006, 03:23 PM
I'll say this, besides the injuries on the OL, this is easily the best talent we have accumulated on offense at the skill positions.

AJ,Moulds,Walter,Putzier,Daniels,Gado,Lundy,Cook and Carr.

Moulds and Walter are "average" WR's, Putzier is not playing and Gado, Lundy and Cook are "average" as well. The only true talent we have on offense is Andre and Daniels...

I will agree that the OL is actually looking better.

ComstockLode
11-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Moulds and Walter are "average" WR's, Putzier is not playing and Gado, Lundy and Cook are "average" as well. The only true talent we have on offense is Andre and Daniels...

How do good players at other organizations become terrible all of a sudden?

What about all the "terrible" players that leave our organization and do well in other organizations?

Runner
11-26-2006, 03:24 PM

First half: 3 sacks, two yards per carry by the RBs. Doing better than what? Last year? Faint praise indeed.

jerek
11-26-2006, 03:25 PM
You're so right, it was Carr who can't run the ball, for a whole 15 yards on 11 carries. It was also Carr who dropped 4 passes to himself and who can't hit Chad Pennington or contain his receivers.

These wah-wah threads get lamer every week. I come to them out of morbid curiousity, wondering if and when there will ever be any substance or serious discussion of Carr's legitimate flaws. Keep on truckin' -- maybe we can still draft Vince Young.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 03:25 PM

you maybe right, but that is the best we have seen here

The Dream
11-26-2006, 03:26 PM
You're so right, it was Carr who can't run the ball, for a whole 15 yards on 11 carries. It was also Carr who dropped 4 passes to himself and who can't hit Chad Pennington or contain his receivers.

These wah-wah threads get lamer every week. I come to them out of morbid curiousity, wondering if and when there will ever be any substance or serious discussion of Carr's legitimate flaws. Keep on truckin' -- maybe we can still draft Vince Young.

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that Carr is totally at fault, but let's be honest your QB has A LOT to do with how your offense performs week in and week out.

Honoring Earl 34
11-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Lets all have a picnic Sunday next week ... we won't watch any football . I think it would help all our health issues .

This is the saddest day I've had as a Texan fan . I think it stinks being a fan and thinking ya know what something major is wrong ... and on cue they/he show it . The next time Sage hits the field it'll be the last time Carr starts here , thats why they don't pull him , it will be final .

The Dream
11-26-2006, 03:27 PM
We should lose to the raiders, we need a higher draft pick

Mr teX
11-26-2006, 03:29 PM
I agree it is time for him to go b/c he's lost the fans here in houston, that's the only reason i think he HAS to go. 2nd, this is not a talented ENOUGH team & were still MANY players away from being anything resembling a solid team.

However long it takes us to get those players 1 draft or 3 years, I think is outside of DC's tenure here or at least him starting here anymore. I will never waiver from my belief that this guy can play in this league if set up in the right situation, I just think the guy can resurect (sp?) his career elsewhere where he doesn't have to wait for this turn around to take place.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 03:30 PM

Let me tell you the kind of talent we have.

Its amazing the improvment a threat of a deep pass can do for your Oline. every 3rd down Jets blitzed us.......why cause there was NNNNNNNOOOOOO DDDDEEEEEEEEPPPPP threat.

This has been a problem for years.

Billy Miller
DD
anybody the catches the ball (2006) different year same dump off and game every team has been watching for 5 years

now on to the Oline playmakers

Daniels is a excellent TE for god sake hes a rooke and is one of the best passing threat TEs in the league, Daniels is good and is talent'

Moulds is one of the best #2s in the league, don't let his age fool you, hes underused, look at Rod Smith and Bruce Smith, Moulds hasn't fell'n off he is plain not used.

We do need a #2 corner and safety I'm not going to BS you there, but despite what people say about the LB position I think that is one of our least needs looking at this team and we are able to get by. Our DLine is also solid, Weaver and Mario and more that solid and there are plenty of teams that get by with less.

Two things we are lacking and the two things that are keeping us out of the playoffs and a winning record

#1 good, good not the right answer..........SMART QB play, a 3 yard pass when you need 6 yards in not a SMART play.
#2 a RB, we don't have bad RBs, again we don't have bad RBs, but he don't have the "RB" either and once we do have him we will have probably the deepest depth at RB.........again talent

You improve the two areas I mentioned and we're talking playoffs......period

Wildcard........FB.......the fullback we had before was fine, I know this is the west coast offense, but sometimes west coast can get to cute, and this is one of the problems our running game (in the words of Joe Namath) SSSSSRRRUUGLLIINNGGG!!!

agian this team has talent, the just lack talent in Key areas.........if that makes sense

MrMeToo
11-26-2006, 03:31 PM

True.

jerek
11-26-2006, 03:31 PM
I don't think anyone has ever claimed that Carr is totally at fault, but let's be honest your QB has A LOT to do with how your offense performs week in and week out.

It was a total team failure and IMO Carr had an okay day. As usual he didn't make a lot of great plays but also didn't make many bad ones, and nothing as bad as the usual primarily baseless tripe I'm reading about in this thread. It's the last I'll say on it as these things are like arguing politics or fundamentalist religion -- a scenario in which few know what the hell they are talking about, have already picked a side, and will more or less blindly fight to the death to defend it.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 03:36 PM
True.

That isn't true, he failed at QB, but football is different from life. Understand the difference. People need to criticize Carr's QB play, he deserved it, but outside of football he's a good person and has a good family and has been very succesfull

Football isn't everything

Carr, football.....failed

Carr, Family, Person......Extremely successful....

houstonhurricane
11-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Let me tell you the kind of talent we have.

agian this team has talent, the just lack talent in Key areas.........if that makes sense

This team has "some" talent, but not nearly enough to be a playoff contender. I am not defending Carr, or any other player. However, to say this team is close to enough talent to be a playoff contender is wrong.

Moulds is a solid possession guy - but gives you zero deep threat. Walters has never been a stud player. Our running backs are freaking pathetic. Daniels is a solid play at TE and 'Dre, regardless of drops, is a talented WR.

As for our secondary, I don't know what to say about them...

awtysst
11-26-2006, 03:40 PM

You cant compare SD to Houston. SD has LT, Hou has nobody like him. SD has a solid Oline, Hou does not. SD has a decent corp of DB, Hou was one good DB.

ib4texans

Ha! Ha! Your calling a guy that has like $60 million a loser in life, who are you Bill Gates?:twocents:

NFLforher

Doug From The Woodlands

That is disgusting. I can understand not wanting Carr as a quarterback but to bash him cause he has looks?

His father worked 16 hour days for years, weekends and holidays too, to support his family. How many NFL players have "retired" their families?

Bush's family tried to "retire" before he even received his payday.

The Dream
It was a total team failure and IMO Carr had an okay day. As usual he didn't make a lot of great plays but also didn't make many bad ones, and nothing as bad as the usual primarily baseless tripe I'm reading about in this thread. It's the last I'll say on it as these things are like arguing politics or fundamentalist religion -- a scenario in which few know what the hell they are talking about, have already picked a side, and will more or less blindly fight to the death to defend it.

great comparison :confused: .........it seems like a lot of fans have grown content with an "okay" performance from Carr....that's the thing he's either okay or terrible, he's never actually great or even good for that matter.....to say that we don't know what the hell we're talking about is insane, I've watched this team year after year just like everyone else has, and I can honestly say that Carr is one of our biggest problems.

NFLforher
11-26-2006, 03:41 PM

Thank you.

NFLforher
11-26-2006, 03:42 PM

A failure at life? Don't be stupid. Lol..

IshouldbeGM
11-26-2006, 03:42 PM
I believe Carr isn't the whole problem, but he is definately not the answer either!

touttail
11-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Note to David Carr!

YOU SUCK!

You had men open downfield, but you seem to lock in and can't read coverages or see secondary recievers. :hunter:

Bobby 119C

NFLforher
11-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Ha! Ha! Your calling a guy that has like $60 million a loser in life, who are you Bill Gates?:twocents:

:yahoo: Yeah, and a nice family along with all that $$$$.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE][A failure at life? Don't be stupid. Lol../QUOTE]

I'm guessing we don't get a thing called sarcasm???? :lightning:

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 03:46 PM
You cant compare SD to Houston. SD has LT, Hou has nobody like him. SD has a solid Oline, Hou does not. SD has a decent corp of DB, Hou was one good DB.

You actually can compare them, outside of houston everybody thought SD had the worst Oline in the leauge, everybody thought they were horrible, (wich is why Eli didn't want any part of them) nobody knew about there DBs,

The only difference is the RB and QB position

The Texans are the 2004 Chargers outside of the QB and RB position

DeclanJr
11-26-2006, 03:46 PM
That interception was one of his worst. That could have been a completion, but it was so underthrown it looked like he was throwing to the other team. JMO.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 03:47 PM

Did I trash his values? No. I stand by my opinion that his dad is a gravy trainer and has hindered his development and growth.

If the NFL kept score on how good of a family you come from or what your moral barometer is composed, then Carr would be a pro bowl caliber QB.....but we all know that isn't the case.

You win football games by scoring more points than the other team, not how good of a Campbells Soup spokesman you would make.

I wish no ill will on Carr but I just want him out of our city and off of our beloved Texans. He has been an albatross of biblical proportions around the neck of our team since Casserley, in all his infinite wisdom, chose him as the #1 overall pick. Oh and he has failed for going on 5 years, so its just not one time. He fails (plural).

Doug From The Woodlands

Mr teX
11-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Note to David Carr!

YOU SUCK!

You had men open downfield, but you seem to lock in and can't read coverages or see secondary recievers. :hunter:

Bobby 119C

Wow, unless you were on the field with the team you wouldn't be able to see that.

NFLforher
Did I trash his values? No. I stand by my opinion that his dad is a gravy trainer and has hindered his development and growth.(plural).

Doug From The Woodlands

Right. :lightbulb: Lol..

Second Honeymoon

This team has talent

Quoted For Truth

QB75
Carr is done in Houston? Really? Don't bet on it.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Did I trash his values? No. I stand by my opinion that his dad is a gravy trainer and has hindered his development and growth.

If the NFL kept score on how good of a family you come from or what your moral barometer is composed, then Carr would be a pro bowl caliber QB.....but we all know that isn't the case.

You win football games by scoring more points than the other team, not how good of a Campbells Soup spokesman you would make.

I wish no ill will on Carr but I just want him out of our city and off of our beloved Texans. He has been an albatross of biblical proportions around the neck of our team since Casserley, in all his infinite wisdom, chose him as the #1 overall pick. Oh and he has failed for going on 5 years, so its just not one time. He fails (plural).

Doug From The Woodlands

HAHAHAHA!!!!!....CLASSIC POST!!!!

dat_boy_yec
11-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Carr throws his first 300 yd. game in yrs. with no running game and what does everyone say? That he should be run out of town! I'm amazed at how hateful people can be towards Carr. It's funny nobody ever mentions the playcalling and receivers as the problem. Every other team I watch has multiple occassions where the receivers get at least 5 yds. of separation. However everytime our guys come down with the ball they are covered tight. Explain that to me and how that is Carr's fault.

LoneStarState
11-26-2006, 03:51 PM
He only knows a two plays: dump off and sack.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Carr throws his first 300 yd. game in yrs. with no running game and what does everyone say? That he should be run out of town! I'm amazed at how hateful people can be towards Carr. It's funny nobody ever mentions the playcalling and receivers as the problem. Every other team I watch has multiple occassions where the receivers get at least 5 yds. of separation. However everytime our guys come down with the ball they are covered tight. Explain that to me and how that is Carr's fault.

Hey!!!....Hey You!!!....Yeah You!!!..........

CARR SUCKS!!!!

He only knows a two plays: dump off and sack.

LOL...funny but soooo true

Napa Auto Parts
11-26-2006, 03:52 PM

Doug From The Woodlands

but he is young and he is married he wont be partying out all night who cares about winning when we got such a good young man and besides he has perfect hair:sarcasm:

NFLforher
11-26-2006, 03:53 PM
That interception was one of his worst. That could have been a completion, but it was so underthrown it looked like he was throwing to the other team. JMO.

True.

touttail
11-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Wow, unless you were on the field with the team you wouldn't be able to see that.

I am a season ticket holder and seen him play a bunch of games. You watch him, he nevers checks off on another reciever, he stays locked in on one WR only.

bobby 119C:yikes:

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 03:58 PM

Carr had an OK game?!?!?!?! Do you even bother to watch the games or do you just read the stat lines? Your a smart guy so if you feel Carr had an OK game you may want to re-evaluate your expectations on what you expect from a 5th year NFL starter.

It's your opinion but if anyone that worked for me said that Carr had an OK game, I would hand him a jar to pee in for a random drug test.

Doug From The Woodlands

Wolf
11-26-2006, 03:59 PM
they going to play tight on AJ? :ok:

teams are not letting us go deep, they know we don't have an offensive line(due to injuries) that is good enough to hold its own consistantly for a 15 play drive, so defenses back off and play the bend but don't break on us.

Defenses like to get us in long situations because they know we have to keep the TE's close to help with the protection.

dat_boy_yec
11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Yes it is David Carrs fault. If I were a coach I would play man tight every play because I can see that 9 out of 10 passes Carr is going to choose the RB or the FB if Ihave one on one with the recievers. Carr is a POS so get over it!!

Gee, I guess that's why 2 receivers accounted for over 50% of our pass production today as well as why AJ is among tops in the league in receptions. Ever consider Carr chooses those dumpoffs because our receivers aren't getting open? Guess not, that would go against your agenda. You really consider what our receivers are doing getting separation. You should know what separation is by now. Other teams do that to our secondary on a regular basis.

Mr teX
11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
I am a season ticket holder and seen him play a bunch of games. You watch him, he nevers checks off on another reciever, he stays locked in on one WR only.

bobby 119C:yikes:

While that maybe true, you're still looking at the game from a higher vantage point & see the game differently. Still doesn't explain how you claim that he had WR open ALL day in an AWAY game.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Doug my comments come because someone said he failed at life

I agree he failed here in Houston and at QB, but to say he failed at life, he should be so lucky to fail the way he has........Even Ryan Leaf is counting his millions.

David Carr could develp into the next Plunkett somewhere else.....just not here.

No QB has ever succeeded on a expansion team.

Every Texan fan should know the biggest thing is LT and we're still feeling the effects of Boselli

Wolf
11-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Gee, I guess that's why 2 receivers accounted for over 50% of our pass production today as well as why AJ is among tops in the league in receptions. Ever consider Carr chooses those dumpoffs because our receivers aren't getting open? Guess not, that would go against your agenda. You really consider what our receivers are doing getting separation. You should know what separation is by now. Other teams do that to our secondary on a regular basis.

I think for some they played this game last week and did well
anything is possible on madden. :D

dat_boy_yec
11-26-2006, 04:06 PM
they going to play tight on AJ? :ok:

teams are not letting us go deep, they know we don't have an offensive line(due to injuries) that is good enough to hold its own consistantly for a 15 play drive, so defenses back off and play the bend but don't break on us.

Defenses like to get us in long situations because they know we have to keep the TE's close to help with the protection.

Not going to let us go deep. What a joke that's what a defense is supposed to do. It's our receiver's jobs to get open deep. Guess which side is doing their job.

Ole Miss Texan
11-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Trade Carr for Michael Vick.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Not going to let us go deep. What a joke that's what a defense is supposed to do. It's our receiver's jobs to get open deep. Guess which side is doing their job.

very true.. i got to thinking about when our running game was going good, we still seem like we can't get the deep ball.

Mr teX
11-26-2006, 04:11 PM

Wow, not sure what you mean here but if that what defenses are supposed to do then you must know something that many coaches & players don't know.

The Dream
11-26-2006, 04:15 PM
I agree he failed here in Houston and at QB, but to say he failed at life, he should be so lucky to fail the way he has

IT WAS SARCASM!!!!....if being a multimillion dollar QB in the NFL is failing, then I want to be the most failing failer in the history of failures.

dat_boy_yec
11-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Wow, not sure what you mean here but if that what defenses are supposed to do then you must know something that many coaches & players don't know.

Umm, your being sarcastic right?

gg no re
11-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Too many ad hominem arguments in this thread. Aristotle would shake his head at you all.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 04:26 PM
For The Record: I never said Carr was a failure in life. He just fails as a NFL QB. Big difference.

doug ftw

Wolf
11-26-2006, 04:28 PM
yep sarcasm is hard to tell. the thread "carr needs to be traded" got a few negative responses because I failed to use the sarcasm smiley earlier this week.. not that i mind the reputation, but would have saved me some explaining LOL
I learned

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Too many ad hominem arguments in this thread. Aristotle would shake his head at you all.

Rep coming your way for accurately and appropriately introducing the ideals and philosophy of Aristotle into a Carr Sucks thread :)

:perfect10:

Doug From The Woodlands

nunusguy
11-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Carr had an OK game?!?!?!?!
Except for the interception, I basically agree with Jereks take on Carr's performance today.
The game as usual was determined up front, and we just don't have the talent in the OLine or the DLine to effectively compete even with a team with
just mediorce talent like the Jets.
And far as Carr leaving, its fine with me. Like so many have already said, we (the team and its city) and Carr probably need a divorce from each other at
this point in the marriage.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree nunusguy. I would hate to see him go, but he is the whipping boy now.. some of it is rightfully so and some of it isn't.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 04:36 PM
This isn't a Carr sucks thread, this is a Carr is done in Houston thread, he could move on elsewhere and have great success, but he's done in Houston.

He hasn't proggresed in 5 years other than the dink and dunk pass, he's the best in the league at that.

Its time for a fresh start with a QB thats not damaged goods and not afraid to lose his job so he doesn't take risks.

Everybody explains a expansion team as players holding down the fort until your able to upgrade at the positions................

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 04:59 PM
To those who gave me negative reputation for my negative comments, I appreciate the love and for showing yourself to be clueless homers....

Your positive comments are unacceptable.....

I know the truth hurts, but Carr is garbage and is a complete failure as a NFL QB...now go cry some more and spread more neg rep around

sucks to be a Carr homer right about now, huh? Yeah, thought so. QQ

Go TEXANS!!

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Lets put it this way I would rather see Carr throw 3 more INTs and 5 more TDs............he doesn't take chances.............Game manager......not game winner.........unacceptable for #1 ovrl. pick at 7 mil. a year in year 5...........

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Lets put it this way I would rather see Carr throw 3 more INTs and 5 more TDs............he doesn't take chances.............Game manager......not game winner.........unacceptable for #1 ovrl. pick at 7 mil. a year in year 5...........

QFT = Quoted For Truth

TPIMP
11-26-2006, 05:37 PM

Sorry but this team is not talented. The expansion team in year 1 had more talent. The Texans have some young players with potential but they are not talented until they can play consistantly. The Texans have started 7 rookies this season. Thats more than the expansion season.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Sorry but this team is not talented. The expansion team in year 1 had more talent. The Texans have some young players with potential but they are not talented until they can play consistantly. The Texans have started 7 rookies this season. Thats more than the expansion season.

This team has 2x the talent as the team we had during the 7-9 year.

DeMeco>Sharper
our offensive line is better
our TEs our better
The secondary is the same
our LBs our better
the Dline is better
our WRs our better
our coaching is better

the QB play is the same and our running/exucution sucks

we are extremely lacking in two areas QB/RB

TPIMP
11-26-2006, 05:42 PM
This isn't a Carr sucks thread, this is a Carr is done in Houston thread, he could move on elsewhere and have great success, but he's done in Houston.

He hasn't proggresed in 5 years other than the dink and dunk pass, he's the best in the league at that.

Its time for a fresh start with a QB thats not damaged goods and not afraid to lose his job so he doesn't take risks.

Everybody explains a expansion team as players holding down the fort until your able to upgrade at the positions................

Did anyone here watch Carr in college. He played in a wide open offense and threw the ball downfield. So what changed. Coaching. Carr dinks and dunks because that is what the coaches want. It's the gameplan. It's all you can do with a below average OL. If Carr wasn't doing what Kubiak was asking he would be pulled.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Did anyone here watch Carr in college. He played in a wide open offense and threw the ball downfield. So what changed. Coaching. Carr dinks and dunks because that is what the coaches want. It's the gameplan. It's all you can do with a below average OL. If Carr wasn't doing what Kubiak was asking he would be pulled.

He was pulled and its not Kubiak, i'm tired of hearing that. He did the same thing under capers/palmer - the combo that ruined him

ib4texans
11-26-2006, 05:45 PM

Yeah his #1 WR was non other than Bernard Barrian of the Bears,there deep threat man. HMMMMMMM....................

Wolf
11-26-2006, 05:46 PM

DeMeco>Sharper
our TEs our better
our LBs our better
the Dline is better
our WRs our better
our coaching is better

I'd take our secondary with Brown,Coleman,Glenn and name escapes me (from jags and now with Carolina)

other than that..yes.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 05:48 PM
I'd take our secondary with Brown,Coleman,Glenn and name escapes me (from jags and now with Carolina)

other than that..yes.

Kenny Wright?

Honoring Earl 34
11-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Marlon Mcree

TPIMP
11-26-2006, 05:53 PM

DeMeco>Sharper
our TEs our better
our LBs our better
the Dline is better
our WRs our better
our coaching is better

Your way off. That expansion team defense was full of veterans and it was much better. I would take Glenn and Coleman over Robinson and Faggins. Glenn was a pro bowler. LB's were much better on the first year Texans. I like Ryans but Wong, Forman and Posey were better than Greenwood and Orr. As for the DL, this group has two street free agents starting right now. Gary Walker was a pro bowler. Enough said.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 05:53 PM
yes Marlon .. and yes I missed Kenny wright too.

TPIMP
11-26-2006, 05:56 PM
He was pulled and its not Kubiak, i'm tired of hearing that. He did the same thing under capers/palmer - the combo that ruined him

He was not pulled today. Why was he not pulled today. Why would he ever start again if he was repeatedly not doing what the coaches asked?

TPIMP
11-26-2006, 05:57 PM
yes Marlon .. and yes I missed Kenny wright too.

Marlon played free safety in 2003. In 2002 it was Matt Stevens.

New_Texans
11-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Im not ready to give up on carr.

dtran04
11-26-2006, 06:03 PM
That defense won games for this franchise (remember the Steeler game). Ours this year hasn't.

Carr Bombed
11-26-2006, 06:05 PM
He was not pulled today. Why was he not pulled today. Why would he ever start again if he was repeatedly not doing what the coaches asked?

The coaches call the plays, Carr picks which option he throws too, its not that difficult...WRs aren't out there running routes for their health

P.S.

Carr was bench once this season and Sage was warming up on the sideline today....

Honoring Earl 34
11-26-2006, 06:06 PM

The radio guys said Sage got hurt on the tackle after the missed field goal . Kubiak wanted to know if Sage could play after the int . and was going to pull Carr .

jerek
11-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Perhaps the most telling fact in all of these Carr threads is that they mysteriously disappear when the Texans pull off a win. Carr put up much the same caliber of semi-respectable but unremarkable performance against Jacksonville and Miami in both those wins, but somehow, when we lose -- despite bad defense, absolutely zero run productivity, and multiple drive-killing drops -- out come the roaches.

Since the statistics rarely back up the "Carr sucks" case these days (and no, I'm certainly not saying stats tell the whole story), the "Carr haters" have primarily taken to repeating as loudly and often as possible such analytical gems as "well did you see the frickin game today?!!?!?!?!"

Carr doesn't look challenge the long ball enough, and he doesn't throw long over the middle well when he does. These are examples of facts that can be used to accurately describe his obvious deficiencies as a player.

The "carr always loks on to his receivers!!1" is total B.S., given how rarely the replay camera focuses on Carr's eyes or reveals open downfield receivers. Despite Carr putting up good numbers in "garbage time" -- further indication of his worthlessness -- people can't get off Sage's *** when he puts up good numbers in garbage time.

I'm also a fan of the "well I'm a seson ticket holder" argument ... like spending money and sitting in the same specially marked chair week after week makes you an expert in anything.

Holy snot ... the Titans just won. This is a dark day to be a Texan.

TexansSeminole
11-26-2006, 06:23 PM
I'd have to say that Carr should be done here. I mean really...he isnt working for this team...maybe some other team will work for him...but David Carr is not working as a Houston Texan. He really makes it awfully boring to watch, and he isn't winning...never really has.

I'm tired of excuses and reasons. There is no need anymore. He should not play here.

I think Kubiak is starting to realize this...atleast he should.

the wonger need food
11-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Carr will be given 2 more years to lose a lot more games because there is so much invested in him. The people that made this bad investment are afraid to cut their losses and are still trying to save face.

Wolf
11-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Carr will be given 2 more years to lose a lot more games because there is so much invested in him. The people that made this bad investment are afraid to cut their losses and are still trying to save face.

wade,smith,walker name a few.. we cut our losses