PDA

View Full Version : Texans' rookie tight end quietly excels

Wolf
11-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Texans' rookie tight end quietly excels
KRISTIE RIEKEN
Associated Press

HOUSTON - Owen Daniels' five touchdown receptions is a Texans rookie record and the mark is tied for second among all NFL tight ends this season. But in a year where several other Houston rookies are having outstanding seasons, his work hasn't grabbed much outside attention. That doesn't mean those in the organization haven't noticed.

"Owen has been awesome," coach Gary Kubiak said. "He's way beyond a rookie. He's been wonderful. A very mature young man, much like DeMeco (Ryans) he's playing about like a third or fourth-year player. He's a big part of the future."

Daniels has come a long way since he arrived in Houston as a fourth-round pick in April. His goal was simple and modest: just make the team.

"I didn't want to expect too much," he said. "If you would have told me I'd have five touchdowns at this point and this many catches and be playing as much as I am, I would have said: 'That's amazing, I'll take that. I'll definitely take that.'"

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/sports/16078721.htm

nunusguy
11-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Good find Wolf ! Nice to see "Dew Dan" getting some pub . (for DEWpoint DANiels ? )

alphajoker
11-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Good find Wolf ! Nice to see Blowin Owen getting some pub.

That...just doesn't sound right. :dontknowa

Osso
11-23-2006, 11:25 AM
OD!!

:redtowel:

Ole Miss Texan
11-23-2006, 11:17 PM
I wish his first name was Oren...then it'd be Scorin' Oren.

I think the texans will be OWEN him more money...or at least credit. (had to do the pun)