PDA

View Full Version : Trade Or Release Dd

baba ganoush
11-22-2006, 12:51 AM
what do you think the max value for trading DD is? i thought it was a good investment when we extended his contract...he was a tough hard nosed runner, but since he signed that deal, he has been hurt and cant seem to get healthy...i think that wali lundy is a good number 2 back...i would trade DD for a late day 1 or early day 2 pick...if we cant sign a good runner in the off-season, i say we draft one on the first day. I think our first pick should be a guy in the secondary.

Grid
11-22-2006, 12:54 AM
Last I heard DD is going to be forced into early retirement by his knee injury.

So.. "release" would be my answer.

Wolf
11-22-2006, 12:54 AM
not much coming off of injury, dd has to prove himself again

texan279
11-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Davis has no trade value due to his injury and his cap hit.

rafterticket
11-22-2006, 02:10 AM
what do you think the max value for trading DD is? i thought it was a good investment when we extended his contract...he was a tough hard nosed runner, but since he signed that deal, he has been hurt and cant seem to get healthy...i think that wali lundy is a good number 2 back...i would trade DD for a late day 1 or early day 2 pick...if we cant sign a good runner in the off-season, i say we draft one on the first day. I think our first pick should be a guy in the secondary.

He's done, man. He will never play again.

Mattheus_Rex
11-22-2006, 02:37 AM
I like him, but he's a walking handicap sign. We need someone who can stay healthy. I say trade him not release him. Something is better than nothing.

aj.
11-22-2006, 03:49 AM
I like him, but he's a walking handicap sign. We need someone who can stay healthy. I say trade him not release him. Something is better than nothing.

Now who do you think is stupid enough to trade for a 'walking handicap sign?' If only Casserly was a GM somewhere. We could probably get multiple Day 1 picks for DD ... and Chad Stanley.

DD has no trade value. He's probably done.

Mattheus_Rex
11-22-2006, 03:57 AM
Now who do you think is stupid enough to trade for a 'walking handicap sign?' If only Casserly was a GM somewhere. We could probably get multiple Day 1 picks for DD ... and Chad Stanley.

DD has no trade value. He's probably done.

Like I said though, something is better than nothing. Maybe an extra pick in the 12th round. A couple of practice squad players that might grow up to be great. Maybe a new jersey for Carr, you know, one without a bunch of grass stains. Haha.

Malloy
11-22-2006, 07:43 AM
DD = Lemon

HOU-TEX
11-22-2006, 10:45 AM
We might get a cheeseburger for him.....but Dayne would choke that down before it got to the organization. So we'd get nothing for him.

TheOgre
11-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Like I said though, something is better than nothing. Maybe an extra pick in the 12th round.

There has been only 7 rounds to the draft for a long time now. Hey but I think you are right, we could probably get a 12th rounder for DD.

jerek
11-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Zero trade value due to the extent of his knee injury. If he doesn't play with us next year, he'll retire. A healthy DD is still an upgrade over either Gado or Lundy.

mexican_texan
11-22-2006, 11:05 AM
The thought of DD pairing up with Gado and Lundy....wishbone on ever play....

grandslam1
11-22-2006, 11:33 AM
We all know what he's capable of so i think keeping him on the roster eventhough he would be able to play for several years would play out better than trading him for a PS player... if nothing else he can mentor Lundy... BRW does anyone know wheter Pollack is ever playing football again? I really hope he does and wish him a quick recovery ( sorry if offtopic)