PDA

View Full Version : Ron Dayne

Osso
11-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Make him a fullback or cut him?

Mr. White
11-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Seems like he can catch better than Jameel Cook. I don't know if he runs strong enough to be a fullback. Seems like Gado is the best backfield blocker out of the RB's.

I don't think him moving to fullback is all that bad of an idea.

baba ganoush
11-22-2006, 12:55 AM
move cook to linebacker and let him go out there and pop somebody...i say cut dayne, he's been a disappointment to the nfl.

Specnatz
11-22-2006, 01:35 PM
I say cut Dayne and sign anyone of the 300 pound guys in the stands to be the fullback, they would be as productive.

Minotaur
11-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Make Cook a RB.

wolfscar
11-22-2006, 01:50 PM
He can fill a role on certain teams, but not this one. On this one he sucks.
Cut him.

LORK 88
11-22-2006, 01:52 PM
he's too slow to be a RB, to weak to be a RB . . . CUT HIM!! And sign Chris Taylor to the active roster so we can see what he's got.

Ole Miss Texan
11-22-2006, 03:18 PM
I say move Dayne to our secondary.

GNTLEWOLF
11-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Cut him. He has never been the back people thought he would be when he came out of college. all he has shown us here is how badly we miss a back who can make plays.

Malloy
11-24-2006, 08:42 AM
In reference to Denvers lack of a rushing attack last night, they might be interested in giving us something in return for Dayne? :)

I know, dreaming... but man Denver sucked last night..

Yankee_In_TX
11-24-2006, 01:13 PM

He won't be back next year (and if he is why should be questioning the coaching/GM staff, lol).

Nice avatar.

Yankee_In_TX
11-24-2006, 01:14 PM
he's too slow to be a RB, to weak to be a RB . . . CUT HIM!! And sign Chris Taylor to the active roster so we can see what he's got.

You mean too weak to be a FB?

AndreRulz
11-24-2006, 08:47 PM
cut him, he is way to slow and our line isn't good enough for him to get 4 yards a carry and he is not a very good blocker.
I like Cook as our FB.

PapaL
11-24-2006, 09:31 PM
The only thing he can block is a buffett line; cut him.

threetoedpete
11-24-2006, 09:39 PM
The only thing he can block is a buffett line; cut him.

Where the hell has Gaither been Maryland. Is he hurt ?

You guys need a woman.

Dayne is a warm body nothing more. If they don't hit a back next off season, he'll be back ....for the same reason. But for my puropses, goes to show better be carefull drafting a power back. Especailly one with injury concerns.

PapaL
11-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Where the hell has Gaither been Maryland. Is he hurt ?

You guys need a woman.

What?

LORK 88
11-24-2006, 10:14 PM
You mean too weak to be a FB?
nope, I would've said FB but he's not strong enough to be a RB so why even bother giving him credit for that?

Osso
12-03-2006, 07:44 AM
Could it be kubiak reads our boards?

I see he's activated, I pray it's for fullback cause he just doesn't have enough speed for rb.

TexanSam
12-03-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm sure the results would be different if the poll was taken after today's game.

valleytexfan
12-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Ron Dayne...is the man (for this week) he was clutch in the second half.

nunusguy
12-03-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm sure the results would be different if the poll was taken after today's game.
Right. What a difference a week would make in this poll.
I dunno, but where was the Texans rushing game in the first half ? It wasn't all Dayne, because there were holes in the line after halftime that weren't there before the half.

SAMURAITEXAN
12-04-2006, 12:15 AM
I don't know if its just today's game or this maybe a real find for us but, Dayne and Leach looked pretty good power running combo to me. I hope these two be able to continue to impress and convince us that we do in fact have legit RB and FB. It is so nice to see powerful running game for a change. Don't get me worng I do like our other RBs as well. I just got excited to see powerful running game.

GO TEXANS!!

thunderkyss
12-04-2006, 01:32 AM

Where in the hell did this thread come from, and how in the heck did I miss it??

This has got to be the dumbest thread I've ever seen on this board, to go along with the people with poor attitudes about RonDayne. Of all our runningbacks, he has performed the best. Yes, I know Wali Lundy has had a few TDs, I know Wali has had a 100 yard running game. But I guarantee our running game would have been more consistent if Ron Dayne has started all the games we've played this year.

Yes, he had a bad game against Dallas, and Miami...... but I think most RBs have had bad days against Miami, & Dallas. (not all, but most).

I can understand if you don't like RonDayne. If you don't like his style of running, but I don't like all the crap he gets on this board.

he's a punishing rusher, with fair speed. If our Oline would do what they are supposed to do, we'd see much better production from Dayne. I hope like hell he starts against Tennessee and INdy. Let him beat on those guys for three Qtrs, then unleash Lundy on them.......

Texans Horror
12-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Dayne looked pretty good, and I'll give it to him for this: we actually had a run game. Took half a game to get it, but we got it. Now if we could achieve the ultimate balance of passing and running. That would be something! In the meantime, congrats to Dayne.

FanFromCali
12-04-2006, 09:44 AM
I support Dayne because he is a Texan. I celebrate his accomplishment on Sunday because it helped to earn the team a win. I voted cut him because I have seen that the vast majority of his career has been a disappointment.

whiskeyrbl
12-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Right. What a difference a week would make in this poll.
I dunno, but where was the Texans rushing game in the first half ? It wasn't all Dayne, because there were holes in the line after halftime that weren't there before the half.

Thats probably because some people came out of the locker room at halftime with half the azz they went in with via coach Kubes azz chewing.

thunderkyss
12-04-2006, 10:28 AM
I support Dayne because he is a Texan. I celebrate his accomplishment on Sunday because it helped to earn the team a win. I voted cut him because I have seen that the vast majority of his career has been a disappointment.

Wow..... is this the way you feel about other players other positions, or just RonDayne at running back??

He was a dissapointment at running back, as Tiki Barber was his first 3 years in the league..... NewYork don't know what they are doing when it comes to running backs. The only one I can think of that they have had success with from the word go, is Brandon Jacobs, and he's probably more of a pleasant surprise than a great pick(but who knows, they've drafted pretty well recently).

I don't believe he was a disappointment in Denver. He showed up in shape, and ready to go to work. I honestly believe he was cut as a favor to Kubiak.... but that's neither here nor there.

Mr. White
12-04-2006, 11:36 AM
I think Kubes lit a fire under his @$$ this week. He ran yesterday like he ran at Wisconsin and like he did against Dallas last year.

DayneBum
12-04-2006, 11:40 AM
You see, what a lot of Fans and Media, dont know is that Dayne hasnt been healthy all Season long. He got hurt in Preseason the 1st game, and hasnt been 100% healthy since yesterday.....He's had truf toe on his entire foot. You see What happened to Tatum Bell. Lucky him, B/c he had only on two toes, And u see how he was the last 3 weeks. Once he got Healthy, then he performs like yesterday. Same with Dayne. He's 100% healthy, and i think Kubiak knows that now. We will now see the Real Ron Dayne.