PDA

View Full Version : Whos to blame

TopTexanFan16
11-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Ok no this is not a Carr bashin get a new QB put sage in thread. haha im tired of those. I just want to say that the loss sunday is not the players fault. The job of a head coach is to put the players in a position to win a game and i feel Sunday Kubiak failed to do that. I still respect him as a coach and i know our team will be better with him, but sunday he made a horrible call to pass on 3rd and 2 and i really feel thats where we lost the game. dunno if this has already been posted but i just want all the carr haters and bashers out there to see whos fault it really was. feel free to comment.

Vinny
11-21-2006, 01:39 PM
The blame goes to the wacky system called head-to-head matchups. Two teams meet, one team wins. Play 16 of them and the NFL sorts you by how may times you led the game at 0:00

We aren't a very good team right now and it's gonna take another draft or two to become a team that can be considered a consistent force in this very tough league.

Texan Asylum
11-21-2006, 01:46 PM
The blame goes to the wacky system called head-to-head matchups. Two teams meet, one team wins. Play 16 of them and the NFL sorts you by how may times you led the game at 0:00

We aren't a very good team right now and it's gonna take another draft or two to become a team that can be considered a consistent force in this very tough league.
Cut that out Vinny! No talking logic, let me be a dreamer for awhile longer.;)

TopTexanFan16
11-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Poooorrrrrr clock managment and dumbassed calls took the game. I say this rests on Kubiak. Switching Mario every down, passes instead of eating the clock, etc. That's what happened.

I saw everything they did....and at the end, coaching made us suck badly.

Exactly how i felt thanks for elaborationg for me.

hollywood_texan
11-21-2006, 02:05 PM
but sunday he made a horrible call to pass on 3rd and 2 and i really feel thats where we lost the game.

If you don't like that call, then you don't like the West Coast Offense. It is balanced attack and that is a reasonable call considering the philosophy of the offfense.

The call put the the best players on offense to execute a simple play that should have been working since day one when Kubiak came in. Carr and Johnson should be able to run that play in their sleep!

The playcalling wasn't the issue, it was either the execution or Kubiak's belief they could get it done.

That was a bread and butter play for the type of offense they run, and there was no excuse to not get the first down.

TopTexanFan16
11-21-2006, 02:10 PM
If you don't like that call, then you don't like the West Coast Offense. It is balanced attack and that is a reasonable call considering the philosophy of the offfense.

The call put the the best players on offense to execute a simple play that should have been working since day one when Kubiak came in. Carr and Johnson should be able to run that play in their sleep!

The playcalling wasn't the issue, it was either the execution or Kubiak's belief they could get it done.

That was a bread and butter play for the type of offense they run, and there was no excuse to not get the first down.

Yet my post is an opinion. and because i disagree with a call doesnt mean im against the type of offense we run. I still stick by my decision because in such a tight spot a pass play w/e type of offense we run is risky. We should have run it and even if we didnt get the 1st down we could have taken time of the clock. That time could have see i am saying COULD have been a game changer. Yes i agree that play should have been executed but it wasnt and it hasnt been all year so why call a play that hasnt worked.

TexansFanatic
11-21-2006, 02:10 PM
If you don't like that call, then you don't like the West Coast Offense.

Hollywood, no offense to you, but I've seen you write this same line over and over now in several different threads and it just doesn't wash.

The WCO is a proven offense. Proven how? Proven by the fact that it has been successful in numerous championships since the early 1980's. Show me where Bill Walsh ever called for a pass on third and two with 90 seconds to play when his opponent has only one time out and I'll agree with you......Bottom line is, WCO or not, the third and two pass play at the end of the game was a bonehead call....

tsip
11-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Kubes messed up the call and he admits this in his Monday Presser.

He talks about how that call was "eventually not the right call". And "Looking back,I say, well hey go back and run the ball and take their timeout away".

It sounds like their Monday meeting went really well though. I think what we fail to realize is that Kubiak is a ROOKIE Head Coach, and he knows this more than anyone else. He took complete responsibility in his part of this loss and his players are following suit.

He also went on to say,"I'm sitting here thinking about eight or ten calls, not just one, and that I could have put our football team in alot better position to win."

To me that sounds like a Coach I want around for a long time!! The future is BRIGHT:lightbulb: and I can't wait to see how we come back and respond this Sunday!! Lets Go Texans!! :redtowel:

Did he comment on the fact 'his' offense didn't score a single point in the 2nd half against the Bills? 'Better position==Execute?'

TemeculaMike
11-22-2006, 05:56 PM
The Bills, they scored more points.

CyberTexan
11-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Blame in my opinion is fully on CB Faggins getting beat twice for 2 TDs , getting beat once is one thing but twice is rediculous

Kaiser Toro
11-22-2006, 06:02 PM
All of these people are to blame:

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=31257

TopTexanFan16
11-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Blame in my opinion is fully on CB Faggins getting beat twice for 2 TDs , getting beat once is one thing but twice is rediculous

See i only half way agree with you. The reason being yes he did let 2 td's passes which was horrible but the fact is we were winning the game with what 1 50 somehtin left, correct me if im wrong and we passed on 3rd and 2. doesnt matter what happened earlier in the game, we were winning and we shoulda won but crap play calling didnt allow us to take home a victory.

Hardcore Texan
11-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Kubes messed up the call and he admits this in his Monday Presser.

He talks about how that call was "eventually not the right call". And "Looking back,I say, well hey go back and run the ball and take their timeout away".

It sounds like their Monday meeting went really well though. I think what we fail to realize is that Kubiak is a ROOKIE Head Coach, and he knows this more than anyone else. He took complete responsibility in his part of this loss and his players are following suit.

He also went on to say,"I'm sitting here thinking about eight or ten calls, not just one, and that I could have put our football team in alot better position to win."

To me that sounds like a Coach I want around for a long time!! The future is BRIGHT:lightbulb: and I can't wait to see how we come back and respond this Sunday!! Lets Go Texans!! :redtowel:

Nice Post! I agree.

Wolf
11-23-2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061121/1015164.asp

here is a play by play of the last drive.
PLAY ONE:
The Bills line up a shotgun formation with four receivers - Lee Evans out wide and Roscoe Parrish in the slot on the left and Andre Davis wide right with Peerless Price inside of him. RB Anthony Thomas is positioned beside Losman. The Texans are in a prevent defense, playing three safeties deep and four other defenders spread across the field in the intermediate area. The Texans' plan is to take away any pass attempts towards the sideline and force the Bills to pass in the middle of the field. Behind good protection, Losman scans the field and then dumps the ball over the middle to Thomas, who sat down in a soft spot underneath the defensive coverage.

PLAY TWO:
Facing the Bills' no-huddle offense, the Texans try to generate some four-man pressure. DE Mario Williams charges hard to the inside and is picked up by RT Terrance Pennington. DT Anthony Weaver loops around Williams to the outside and looks to have a shot at Losman. But RG Duke Preston stays with the block and
pushes Weaver past Losman, who steps up in the pocket and shovel passes to Thomas for a first down.

PLAY THREE:

With the Texans' secondary continuing to play deep, Losman chooses not to force anything down the field. Instead, he drops the ball off to Thomas again. Thomas could have gotten out of bounds, but cuts up the field. The decision nets six extra yards, but costs the Bills precious seconds off the clock.

PLAY FOUR:

Losman hurries the team to the line of scrimmage. This time the Texans rush only three men, yet Losman remains patient and takes what the defense gives him. It's another short completion to Thomas, who gains a couple of yards for a first down before the Bills call their final timeout.

PLAY FIVE:

The Texans rush only two players and drop nine into coverage. From his slot position on the left side of the formation, Parrish runs a deep in-route and finds an opening just in front of the Texans' three-deep zone. Evans, who lined up outside of Parrish, runs a shorter route. With no pressure in his face, Losman fires the ball towards Parrish. But Evans, who has slipped open past CB Dunta Robinson, reaches up and snatches the pass out of the air and tumbles forward for 19 yards to the Texans' 15.

PLAY SIX:

The Bills alertly get back to the line of scrimmage and Losman spikes the ball to stop the clock.

PLAY SEVEN:

With just 15 seconds left, the Bills have time for at least two plays but the passes either have to be in the end zone or near the sideline. As Losman takes the shotgun snap, Texans DE Jason Babin gets penetration with an up-field rush, but LT Jason Peters rides him to the outside. Losman looks to the left towards Evans, which caused Houston's defense to take a false step in that direction. The Texans had the end zone flooded with defenders, but Price ran uncontested down the field and found a huge gap behind S Jason Simmons and MLB DeMeco Ryans. Losman fires the ball to Price, who makes a diving catch while getting both feet down in the back of the end zone for the touchdown with nine seconds left.

prevent defense yuck.