27. New England Patriots
28. Denver Broncos
29. San Diego Chargers
30. Baltimore Ravens
31. Chicago Bears
32. Indianapolis Colts

real
11-21-2006, 01:42 PM
If it worked like that...I'd like to trade back with Greenbay or Miami...

V Man
11-21-2006, 02:00 PM

How about trading with New England, get there two #1s for our one?

real
11-21-2006, 02:03 PM
How about trading with New England, get there two #1s for our one?

I'm not sure we can trade back that far and get the players we want, but I wouldn't be totally against it....

V Man
11-21-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure we can trade back that far and get the players we want, but I wouldn't be totally against it....

I hear what you are saying. It is the 6 one way, half a dozen the other.

1 stud vs. 2 solid NFL players

real
11-21-2006, 02:11 PM
It'd be sweet if we could get Poslunsky and Landry...or Poslunsky and Griffin in the first.....

V Man
11-21-2006, 02:15 PM
It'd be sweet if we could get Poslunsky and Landry...or Poslunsky and Griffin in the first.....

Do you think Poslunsky would still be there?

I was thinking Griffin and Rufus Alexander (due to Landry and Poslunsky probably already being gone).

real
11-21-2006, 02:27 PM

I was thinking Griffin and Rufus Alexander (due to Landry and Poslunsky probably already being gone).

It hard to say...But I wouldn't be upset with alexander...

kastofsna
11-21-2006, 02:40 PM
too bad. i like where we're drafting.

painekiller
11-21-2006, 03:31 PM

Rufus is considered a solid 2nd round pick on most ranking charts I 've seen. So keep your 1st round pick and get Landry the top safety in the draft, and take Alexander in the 2nd.

real
11-21-2006, 03:46 PM
too bad. i like where we're drafting.

Yeah I like your spot too....that's why I want it....:dance2:

DenverBorn
11-21-2006, 04:06 PM
I like to look at this, with the winning percentages.

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

It's not hard to figure out Kubiak's strategy in passing on 3-and-2. If we win last Sunday's game we'd most likely be 11th. Now we're 4th. There's more football to play, the good news is that we have opportunities to lose games against Oakland, Cleveland and Tennessee, further solidifying our shot at a top 5 (or even top 3) pick -

V Man
11-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Rufus is considered a solid 2nd round pick on most ranking charts I 've seen. So keep your 1st round pick and get Landry the top safety in the draft, and take Alexander in the 2nd.

According to ESPN draft tracker his is listed at #28 (late 1st round)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10438

V Man
11-21-2006, 06:52 PM
ROUND TWO
36. Houston Texans-- CB, Darrelle Revis

If I haven't mentioned that Houstons secondary is bad well here it goes, Houstons secondary is bad. They made strides toward improvement in the 1st round with selecting S Laron Landry and now they address CB. They have one good CB in Dunta Robinson but the rest are only average, Darrelle Revis gives them a CB who can develop nicely in their defense with the rest of their young players. He's a physical corner and could turn out to be a real steal.

(Other options if available - Antoine Cason, Fred Bennet, Daymeion Hughes, Aaron Ross, Kyle Young, Doug Datish, Quinn Pitcock)

If he comes out, that would be a steal, if not go with Aaron Ross.

DenverBorn
11-21-2006, 07:12 PM
I am a big Longhorn fan but am puzzled by continuing projections of Frank Okam and Michael Griffin as first round picks. I see another Rod Wright-type experience with Okam, falling to the second day at best. He's been all hat and no cattle at Texas. Griffin I think is a third round pick. Aaron Ross could be an undrafted free agent - he's made some great plays but gets beat too often in one-on-one coverage against good wideouts. Too busy peeking into the backfield to watch the QB and leaves his guys uncovered. Frankly the way the Longhorn secondary has played this year, none of them should be drafted.

Impressive work assuming you typed all of that from scratch. I agree that the Texans need a safety but I also believe 4 is too high for Landry. If we end up at 4 (or higher) I would support a trade down lower into the first round. I think we need more Ryans or Daniels -level players at SS, CB, FS and OLB and thus more picks would be better than one high pick.

painekiller
11-21-2006, 07:31 PM
According to ESPN draft tracker his is listed at #28 (late 1st round)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=10438

This is from the espn 1st round projection

Scouts Inc.'s Top 32
Player Class Pos. School
1. Joe Thomas Sr. OT Wisconsin
2. Brady Quinn Sr. QB Notre Dame
3. Calvin Johnson Jr. WR Georgia Tech
4. Leon Hall Sr. CB Michigan
5. Gaines Adams Sr. DE Clemson
6. Alan Branch Jr. DT Michigan
7. Adrian Peterson Jr. RB Oklahoma
8. Quinn Pitcock Sr. DT Ohio St.
9. Jake Long Jr. OT Michigan
10. Sam Baker Jr. OT USC
11. Ted Ginn Jr. Jr. WR Ohio State
12. LaRon Landry Sr. S LSU
13. Brian Brohm Jr. QB Louisville
14. Levi Brown Sr. OT Penn State
15. Glenn Dorsey Sr. DT LSU
16. Dwayne Jarrett Jr. WR USC
17. Jeff Samardzija Sr. WR Notre Dame
18. Marcus McCauley Sr. CB Fresno State
19. Quentin Moses Sr. DE Georgia
20. Kenny Irons Sr. RB Auburn
21. DeMarcus Tyler Sr. DT N.C. State
22. Daymeion Hughes Sr. CB Cal
23. Zach Miller Jr. TE Arizona State
24. Robert Meachem Sr. JE Tennessee
25. Paul Posluszny Sr. OLB Penn State
26. LaMarr Woodley Sr. DE Michigan
27. Buster Davis Sr. ILB Florida State
28. Drew Stanton Sr. QB Michigan State
29. Joe Staley Sr. OT C. Michigan
30. Amobi Okoye Sr. DT Louisville
31. Patrick Willis Sr. ILB Mississippi
32. Troy Smith Sr. QB Ohio State

DenverBorn
11-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Doesn't appear that the "ranked players" above includes any juniors. So it'll depend on how many juniors come into the draft -

TexansSeminole
11-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Doesn't appear that the "ranked players" above includes any juniors. So it'll depend on how many juniors come into the draft -

Always does.

painekiller
11-21-2006, 11:22 PM
It is safe to say he will be somewhere between Late 1st to Mid 2nd.

Thanks, I could not find this list. I knew it was there somewhere.

Just wanted to point out the list you show does not include juniors, and as some will go in the 1st, it makes Alexander look even more like a 2 rounder. Where in the 2nd is the question.

YoungTexanFan
11-22-2006, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE=dbspi;506970]ROUND THREE

68. Houston Texans-- RB, Kenneth Darby

Houston needs a RB another RB because Samkon Gado and Ron Dayne won't get the job done, although I am very optomistic about Wali Lundy. Kenneth Darby gives Houston another young RB who runs very hard.

[B](Other options: Amobi Okoye

I like Darby in the 3rd. I agree that Gado and Dayne suck and we need help, but we don't need a RB before the 3rd, and even that may be too early.

Okoye is very interesting. He is a senior DT at Louisville. He will be 19 when the NFL season starts. 19!!! He has been project anywhere from 1st round to 3rd round, but his potential is amazing.

dbspi
11-22-2006, 01:58 AM
[QUOTE=SLO Texan;507194]

I like Darby in the 3rd. I agree that Gado and Dayne suck and we need help, but we don't need a RB before the 3rd, and even that may be too early.

Okoye is very interesting. He is a senior DT at Louisville. He will be 19 when the NFL season starts. 19!!! He has been project anywhere from 1st round to 3rd round, but his potential is amazing.

Being a Houston native, I used to be big Oilers fans and now I am Texans fans. But I had really liked Eagles chances this year prior to McNab's injury. The way they had been playing, I really thought Eagle could win the SB this year.

Yes Okoye has big potential written all over him but his work ethic will determine how far he will go as it is with all young players.

Unless some juniors join the draft class, OLB position looks weak this year compared to ILB.

I have question for all of you, what if Texans end up with 4th or 5th draft pick and they are not able to get a good deal in place to trade down. Who should they select in that situation?

Joe Thomas, Alan Branch, AP, CJ, Leon Hall, Laron Landry, Brady Quinn, ????

WHO should they draft in that situation.

dbspi
11-22-2006, 02:01 AM
[QUOTE=dbspi;506970]ROUND THREE

Houston needs a RB another RB because Samkon Gado and Ron Dayne won't get the job done, although I am very optomistic about Wali Lundy. Kenneth Darby gives Houston another young RB who runs very hard.

(Other options: Amobi Okoye, Brian Smith (OLB), KaMichael Hall, )

[QUOTE]

I am praying B.Leonard drops to us in the third. It seems to me you are a bit of an Eagles fan which tells me you see the same stuff in Leonard as I do since you have him going there and have them winning the Super Bowl. Sorry but no McNabb no SB...

I would also rather see us pick up a LB in the second round and pick up a CB via free ageny(Clements or Samuels)

Looks like you've been doing your research tho. Thanks for all the good info.

Sorry I quoted the wrong thread, now I am correcting it.

Being a Houston native, I used to be big Oilers fans and now I am Texans fans. But I had really liked Eagles chances this year prior to McNab's injury. The way they had been playing, I really thought Eagle could win the SB this year.

Yes Okoye has big potential written all over him but his work ethic will determine how far he will go as it is with all young players.

Unless some juniors join the draft class, OLB position looks weak this year compared to ILB.

I have question for all of you, what if Texans end up with 4th or 5th draft pick and they are not able to get a good deal in place to trade down. Who should they select in that situation?

dbspi
11-22-2006, 02:15 AM
I would love to see Texans spend some money this off season and try to pick up Nate Clements from Bufallo and Lance Briggs from Chicago. I know it will be a costly signing but this can really help rebuilding process to contention much quicker and both of these guys are proven players.

In the draft round 1 - AP or Alan Branch or Laron landry or Calvin Johnson

V Man
11-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks, I could not find this list. I knew it was there somewhere.

Just wanted to point out the list you show does not include juniors, and as some will go in the 1st, it makes Alexander look even more like a 2 rounder. Where in the 2nd is the question.

Most draft reports don't list juniors, but the gbnreport that dbspi posted does have Juniors listed and they have Rufus going #30 to the Bears.

DominickDavisFan76
11-22-2006, 09:18 AM
the only problem i have with that guys draft, is...HOW IS THE HEISMAN WINNER GONNA GO IN THE SECOND ROUND??? VERY VERY UNLIKELY

YoungTexanFan
11-22-2006, 10:55 AM
the only problem i have with that guys draft, is...HOW IS THE HEISMAN WINNER GONNA GO IN THE SECOND ROUND??? VERY VERY UNLIKELY

He's not a prototypical QB. He doesn't have ideal size or arm strengh. There are better NFL prospects ahead of him such as Quinn, Bohm...

I feel he'll go in the first, but if he doesn't, there's why.

YoungTexanFan
11-22-2006, 10:58 AM

None of the above. Thomas comes in second place though. Gaither from Maryland. Branch is not a top 5 player and AP has injury concerns and Kubes doesn't typically like to go that route early. Hall isn't worth top 5 but is close, but isn't the best CB in the draft...that honor goes to Cason. Landry isn't worth top 20 IMO, but he is the best FS...he will probally go top 15 out of need though. Quinn will not be drafted by us period.

threetoedpete
11-22-2006, 11:39 AM
I am a big Longhorn fan but am puzzled by continuing projections of Frank Okam and Michael Griffin as first round picks. I see another Rod Wright-type experience with Okam, falling to the second day at best. He's been all hat and no cattle at Texas. Griffin I think is a third round pick. Aaron Ross could be an undrafted free agent - he's made some great plays but gets beat too often in one-on-one coverage against good wideouts. Too busy peeking into the backfield to watch the QB and leaves his guys uncovered. Frankly the way the Longhorn secondary has played this year, none of them should be drafted.

Impressive work assuming you typed all of that from scratch. I agree that the Texans need a safety but I also believe 4 is too high for Landry. If we end up at 4 (or higher) I would support a trade down lower into the first round. I think we need more Ryans or Daniels -level players at SS, CB, FS and OLB and thus more picks would be better than one high pick.

Rep. coming your way if I have any in the bank

You already know what I think about this scenario. Under this scenario, with this many OLT prospects going off the board, could be the worst draft in franchise history. Good news is we'll have an excellent shot at the stud RBs in '08. They don't adress the o-line we're top ten again in the '08 draft.

Agreed with the work involved. Very nice job.

threetoedpete
11-22-2006, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=SLO Texan;507194][QUOTE=dbspi;506970]ROUND THREE

(Other options: Amobi Okoye, Brian Smith (OLB), KaMichael Hall, )

Sorry I quoted the wrong thread, now I am correcting it.

If by some miricle Thomas fell to them and they passed on the guy, that would top the TJ dibacle as the worst draft decision in franchise history. Won't happen . If the first three don't take the guy, someone will move up for him. Gaither hasn't even declared yet. And there is a grand Canyon gap between Thomas , Gaither and the other top four. Thomas is THE lock. He is worth waiting for the second teired DBs. Day one, he hits the ground chasing Bruce Mathews. Spencer goes to the right side.
Won't argue Gaither at his size might have the greater potential. Thomas is ready to plug and play day one.

How do you pass on the guy who with one stroke, puts your o-line as one of the preimer o-lines in the league ? Especaily when your franchise QB has been beaten to death two-hundered and fifty times....and counting. Especailly when your coach has a greater confidence in his QBs arm than he does his line on third and two to sow away a game. I don't know and I ain't in the loop, just makes sence to me. Probably moot. He won't fall to four. Just saying.

Looking at the lists, after last Sundays inablity to even generate a field goal try after the half, it is just mind boggling to me there are still All Day and Landry proponents out there. How much of this will you tollerate befor you see the light. If you've got the line you can controll your fate. You can stomahe this sputtering offense one more year ? Good greif. I'm tired of posting it. Six prosects on the board, better grab one. O-line is the need position and has been since Bosselli. Acording to ESPN four tackles go off the board first two rounds. Do you need a two by four across the snot to understand this is the strogest OLT class in years....maybe ever. There's gonna be a run on them. Book it.

YoungTexanFan
11-22-2006, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=dbspi;507293][QUOTE=SLO Texan;507194]

If by some miricle Thomas fell to them and they passed on the guy, that would top the TJ dibacle as the worst draft decision in franchise history. Won't happen . If the first three don't take the guy, someone will move up for him. Gaither hasn't even declared yet. And there is a grand Canyon gap between Thomas , Gaither and the other top four. Thomas is THE lock. He is worth waiting for the second teired DBs. Day one, he hits the ground chasing Bruce Mathews. Spencer goes to the right side.
Won't argue Gaither at his size might have the greater potential. Thomas is ready to plug and play day one.

How do you pass on the guy who with one stroke, puts your o-line as one of the preimer o-lines in the league. Especaily when your franchise QB has been beaten to death two-hundered and fifty times....and counting. Especailly when your coach has a greater confidence in his QBs arm than he does his line on third and two to sow away a game. I don't know and I ain't in the loop, just makes sence to me. Probably moot. He won't fall to four. Just saying.

The thing is, as good as Thomas is...and no doubt he is awesome...Gaither is even better. You can plug him in and play him now with good sucess. His first year of DI ball he shut down the likes of Mario, Lawson, Wimbly, and more. Those are all first round picks that he SHUT DOWN. Gaither is a better player and talent than Thomas, but I could settle for Thomas.

threetoedpete
11-22-2006, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=threetoedpete;507512][QUOTE=dbspi;507293]

The thing is, as good as Thomas is...and no doubt he is awesome...Gaither is even better. You can plug him in and play him now with good sucess. His first year of DI ball he shut down the likes of Mario, Lawson, Wimbly, and more. Those are all first round picks that he SHUT DOWN. Gaither is a better player and talent than Thomas, but I could settle for Thomas.

He's played the right side. He did very well against Adams. I know he can play the right side. He has the Tallent to play left. Just hasn't done it yet. The bottom line is, if Gaither comes out, both will be gone by round two. Won't argue FS and the D as a whole is a critcal need. My book has Thomas as the best since Gallery. If you're in a position to get one of those guys, you wanna go to the SB you pull the trigger. I'm sure the scouts can find a FS prospect latter day one. Not so sure they'll find an OLT there. Thomas is not only a need, he just might be the top prospect at his position in ten years. Landry makes some plays when he goes bowling, I'll be on board. Think it is foolosh, with this clubs o-line history, you pass on a guy like that. By the way we ever find out where Gaither was last week end ? Didn't see him.

dbspi
11-22-2006, 04:02 PM
I just don't know if Kubes wants to draft OLT this year specially after drafting Winston and Spencer last year. Kubes is very high on Spencer as a OLT. But if he does decides to draft Thomas or Gaither then it will mean moving Spencer to ORT and moving Winston to ORG. This suites me fine and all we need to find in near future is Stud OC to replace Flannagan. Flannagan has done a decent job but he is getting up their in age so we do indeed need to find his replacement. This will indeed solidify the OL for next decade for sure.

So what will happen to Drew Hogdon?

We have too many needs on the defensive side of the ball DL, OLB, CB, FS

As much as I like to see us draft OLT, our needs on the defensive side is much greater. This is the reason I keep emphasizing for Alan Branch, Laron Landry, and Hall. I don't know if they are worthy of top 5 pick as it stands as of now.

It will be interesting to see what the off season move will be for Texans. This will answer allot of questions heading into the draft. If they sign Nate Clements and Briggs this off season it will be awesome come draft day.

dbspi
11-23-2006, 05:52 AM
First Round Projection from GBN
http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

November 22, 2006

# Team Player
1 Detroit Brady Quinn
2 Arizona Joe Thomas
3 Oakland Calvin Johnson
4 Houston Adrian Peterson
5 Washington Gaines Adams
6 Cleveland Marshawn Lynch
7 Tampa Bay Alan Branch
8 Tennessee Dwayne Jarrett
9 Minnesota Levi Brown
10 St. Louis Jake Long
11 Green Bay Frank Okam
12 Miami Darrelle Revis
13 Pittsburgh Leon Hall
14 Buffalo Quinn Pitcock
15 Atlanta Jeff Samadzija
16 New York Jets Marcus McCauley
17 San Francisco Ted Ginn
18 Philadelphia Laron Landry
19 Cincinnati Quentin Moses
20 Dallas Justin Blalock
21 New England (from Seattle) Antoine Cason
22 Carolina Patrick Willis
23 New Orleans Reggie Nelson
24 Jacksonville Paul Posluszny
25 Kansas City Amoye Okobi
26 New York Giants Fred Bennett
27 New England Brandon Meriweather
28 (1)Denver Sam Baker
29 San Diego Paul Williams
30 Baltimore Troy Smith
31 Chicago Arron Sears
32 Indianapolis Buster Davis

Ole Miss Texan
11-23-2006, 10:11 AM
I was just thinking last night of how much of a team sport football is and how much offense effects defense and vica versa.

Let's say we do draft Thomas or GAither, spencer is back full strength at right tackle, winston moves to rg?...

Let's say our offense starts clicking right away and we are doing great on offense...thus giving us better time of position and points =good.

This causes the opponent to pass the ball more because they are behind and have less time to catch up to us. Thus playing right into our weekness. our pass defense.

I sure wish we could cure everything with last years and this years draft...at least build toward a cure but it takes a lot...of time.

If we do pick a stud LT fist I hope Kubes can indeed find a Ryans/Daniels type of free safety in the 2nd or 3rd..that would be awesome.

Ole Miss Texan
11-23-2006, 10:53 AM
I was also thinking that it'd be great if Brady Quinn did go to Detroit. Then we would see the Quinn vs AJ Hawk rematch twice a year. That'll get to a sister.

Hottoddie
11-23-2006, 12:39 PM
I like the idea of picking AP or Joe Thomas with our 1st round pick. And, while a player like Joe Thomas & a fully healed Spencer would most likely solidify our starting OL, I'd prefer to see us take a shutdown CB with the 1st pick.

I believe that a stud CB would have the biggest immediate impact on our team. If Spencer fully recovers (& I have no reason to think otherwise), we should be able to put a solid starting unit together with Spencer, Pitts, & Winston as our foundation. We should be able to pick up a RG or Center in free agency & some young depth in the later rounds of the draft.

As for RB, I'd have to take a looooong look at Michael Bush with our 2nd, or 3rd (assuming he lasts that long) round pick. With the guy's size, speed, & power, you wouldn't have to pull him out in 3rd & short situations. Imagine how much we could rub ESPN's nose in it when Michael Bush runs circles around Reggie Bush. :D

beerlover
11-23-2006, 01:07 PM
I like the idea of picking AP or Joe Thomas with our 1st round pick. And, while a player like Joe Thomas & a fully healed Spencer would most likely solidify our starting OL, I'd prefer to see us take a shutdown CB with the 1st pick.

I believe that a stud CB would have the biggest immediate impact on our team. If Spencer fully recovers (& I have no reason to think otherwise), we should be able to put a solid starting unit together with Spencer, Pitts, & Winston as our foundation. We should be able to pick up a RG or Center in free agency & some young depth in the later rounds of the draft.

As for RB, I'd have to take a looooong look at Michael Bush with our 2nd, or 3rd (assuming he lasts that long) round pick. With the guy's size, speed, & power, you wouldn't have to pull him out in 3rd & short situations. Imagine how much we could rub ESPN's nose in it when Michael Bush runs circles around Reggie Bush. :D

thats sounds resonable to me. the only problem with drafting a CB that high this year is that nobody stands out, at least just yet. So for arguements sake would the Texans get an attractive offer to trade down from a top 5 spot to latter in the 1st rd.? 10-15 the Texans could still pick up a Leon Hall or Laron Landry & either have two #1's next year of additional picks in the 2nd & 3rd this year. Next year draft Gaither & another CB in the 1st or OG Justin Blalock & FS Tom Zbitkowski 2nd rd. plus a solid pair of olb in the 3rd like Clemsons Anthony Waters & Penn State Tim Shaw this year.

I could live with that :dance2:

Texanator14
11-23-2006, 01:22 PM

Jason White won the heisman and went undrafted.

stingray
11-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!!!!!!

threetoedpete
11-24-2006, 05:16 AM
First Round Projection from GBN
http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

November 22, 2006

# Team Player
1 Detroit Brady Quinn
2 Arizona Joe Thomas
3 Oakland Calvin Johnson
4 Houston Adrian Peterson
5 Washington Gaines Adams
6 Cleveland Marshawn Lynch
7 Tampa Bay Alan Branch
8 Tennessee Dwayne Jarrett
9 Minnesota Levi Brown
10 St. Louis Jake Long
11 Green Bay Frank Okam
12 Miami Darrelle Revis
13 Pittsburgh Leon Hall
14 Buffalo Quinn Pitcock
15 Atlanta Jeff Samadzija
16 New York Jets Marcus McCauley
17 San Francisco Ted Ginn
18 Philadelphia Laron Landry
19 Cincinnati Quentin Moses
20 Dallas Justin Blalock
21 New England (from Seattle) Antoine Cason
22 Carolina Patrick Willis
23 New Orleans Reggie Nelson
24 Jacksonville Paul Posluszny
25 Kansas City Amoye Okobi
26 New York Giants Fred Bennett
27 New England Brandon Meriweather
28 (1)Denver Sam Baker
29 San Diego Paul Williams
30 Baltimore Troy Smith
31 Chicago Arron Sears
32 Indianapolis Buster Davis

What I'm seeing on your list there is not that a lot of gurus have us taking All Day. What I see that a team in desperate need for o-line help just judging there by our combined 250 sacks and counting over five years...year the draft is loaded with prospects, we watch a hoard of good ones go off the board. So what does that make us ? Y' all wanna relive Reggie this off season fine by me. We ain't taking AP. When was the last season the guy played an injury free year ? How many times in three years ? A red cross power back, yeah people will be lined up fighting for that. He's gonna drop like a brick.

dbspi
11-24-2006, 06:03 AM
This is GBN Report - mock draft. I have provided the link to the site.

nunusguy
11-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Top 6 teams/Bottom 6 teams for Draft Order on 11/28: first 3 have 2 wins each, us and the Browns & TB have 3 victories each.
1. Detroit Lions
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Houston Texans
5. Cleveland Browns
6. Tampa Bay Bucs
http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/currentdraftorder.htm

beerlover
11-28-2006, 12:40 PM
epic match-up this weekend (Raiders vs. Texans) for all the wrong reasons :crying:

I don't need a top 5 pick to enjoy the NFL draft this is getting old, after 5 years you'd think there would be more progress made than this :stirpot:

Texas_Thrill
11-28-2006, 02:08 PM
We have so many holes its unreal.

I think my wish list is OL, DB, RB. In that order.

Joe Thomas heads my list but at 4 i'm not sure we can land him especially if Arizona is in front of us.

dbspi
11-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Updated Draft Order Nov 28, 2006 after week 12

1. Detroit Lions
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Houston Texans
5. Cleveland Browns
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
7. Green Bay Packers
8. Washington Redskins
9. Pittsburgh Steelers
10. Tennessee Titans
11. Atlanta Falcons
12. Minnesota Vikings
13. St. Louis Rams
14. San Fransisco 49ers
15. Philadelphia Eagles
16. Miami Dolphins
17. Buffalo Bills
18. New York Jets
19. Carolina Panthers
20. Jacksonville Jaguars
21. New York Giants
22. Cincinnati Bengals
23. New England Patriots(f/ Seattle)
24. Dallas Cowboys
25. New Orleans Saints
26. Kansas City Cheifs
27. Denver Broncos
28. New England Patriots
29. Baltimore Ravens
30. San Diego Chargers
31. Chicago Bears
32. Indianapolis Colts

YoungTexanFan
11-28-2006, 07:34 PM
epic match-up this weekend (Raiders vs. Texans) for all the wrong reasons :crying:

I don't need a top 5 pick to enjoy the NFL draft this is getting old, after 5 years you'd think there would be more progress made than this :stirpot:

no joke. no one that can really help our team in the ways we need is worth a top 5 pick. Picking BPA seems a littel pointless to me at this point because we do not need another high priced QB, we don't need a top 5 injury prone RB, we don't need another top 5 WR, and Kubiak apparently doesn't believe in locking down our OL with studly picks like Gaither or Thomas.

Hulk75
11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
1. Detroit Lions- Defense
2. Arizona Cardinals- OLine
3. Oakland Raiders- QB
4. Houston Texans- Adrian Peterson!
5. Washington Redskins- Defense
6. Cleveland Browns- Defense
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Defense/QB
8. Tennessee Titans- WR
9. Minnesota Vikings- WR?

Pretty Good shot, to get (our) well my guy up here!:cool:

bah007
11-28-2006, 10:51 PM
1. Detroit Lions- Defense
2. Arizona Cardinals- OLine
3. Oakland Raiders- QB
4. Houston Texans- Adrian Peterson!
5. Washington Redskins- Defense
6. Cleveland Browns- Defense
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Defense/QB
8. Tennessee Titans- WR
9. Minnesota Vikings- WR?

Pretty Good shot, to get (our) well my guy up here!:cool:

Pretty good all around.

I could see the Lions gettin one of the QBs tho (Quinn or Brohm) & I would like to the Texans get secondary with the first pick.

I dont think the Raiders will draft a QB only cuz Al Davis refuses to do it in the first round.

The Bucs have Gradkowski so I dont think they get a QB but I do agree that they will probably go defense.

I could see the Vikings getting the other QB that the Lions dont. But if they dont then they could use a WR (probably Jarrett).

TexansSeminole
11-28-2006, 11:47 PM
1. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn
2. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas
3. Oakland Raiders - Calvin Johnson (I would say a QB but there are no legitimate QBs that would be logical to select at this spot. Troy Smith is the wildcard of this draft. Where does he project? Honestly I would take him in the late 1st early 2nd. But thats me, and everybody has a different opinion on this guy.)
4. Houston Texans - Adrian Peterson (I mean .. he just .. kinda .. fell to us. Who else are you going to take at this position? Too high for any of the DBs. Too high for the next best offensive lineman. We could have gone defensive line.)
5. Cleveland Browns - Gaines Adams (Re-build that line.)
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DeWayne Jarrett
7. Green Bay Packers - Leon Hall
8. Washington Redskins - LaRon Landry (Sean Taylor + LaRon Landry)
9. Pittsburgh Steelers - Quinn Pitcock
10. Tennessee Titans - Levi Brown

YoungTexanFan
11-28-2006, 11:51 PM
3. Oakland Raiders - Calvin Johnson (I would say a QB but there are no legitimate QBs that would be logical to select at this spot. Troy Smith is the wildcard of this draft. Where does he project? Honestly I would take him in the late 1st early 2nd. But thats me, and everybody has a different opinion on this guy.)
4. Houston Texans - Adrian Peterson (I mean .. he just .. kinda .. fell to us. Who else are you going to take at this position? Too high for any of the DBs. Too high for the next best offensive lineman. We could have gone defensive line.)

I feel that if AP is the BPA, we trade down at that point.

I feel the Browns would trade up to get him.

The bucs either go QB or D in the first IMO.

Landry and Taylor are both FS's. No need for two top 10 FS's.

Pitcock is lucky to go first round period right now, and is certinally not the best DT...probally not even top 3.

Too early for Brown, but I hope the Titans reach for him because I see BUST written all over him.

YoungTexanFan
11-28-2006, 11:56 PM
3. Oakland Raiders - Calvin Johnson
4. Houston Texans - Antoine Cason (The best corner in the draft and still has TONS of upside. Physically gifted beyond belief, will run sub 4.4. Good size, but the best dang instincts on the ball of any CB in the last 3 years at least.)
5. Cleveland Browns - Peterson...who promptly gets hurt behind their sorry O-line.
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Woodly
7. Green Bay Packers - Jarrett
8. Washington Redskins - who knows what this stupid team will do on draft day, they are almost as stupid as the raiders come draft day. I'll say they go with Teddy Ginn. Stupid pick for a stupid team.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers - Revis
10. Tennessee Titans - Laron Landry

TexansSeminole
11-28-2006, 11:56 PM
I feel that if AP is the BPA, we trade down at that point.

I feel the Browns would trade up to get him.

The bucs either go QB or D in the first IMO.

Landry and Taylor are both FS's. No need for two top 10 FS's.

Pitcock is lucky to go first round period right now, and is certinally not the best DT...probally not even top 3.

Too early for Brown, but I hope the Titans reach for him because I see BUST written all over him.

Ya but mocks with trades suck.

I thought Sean Taylor was a SS in the NFL, he could play either one.

I think Pitcock is damn good.

YoungTexanFan
11-28-2006, 11:58 PM
Ya but mocks with trades suck.

I thought Sean Taylor was a SS in the NFL, he could play either one.

I think Pitcock is damn good.

It's too early to predict any trade at this point period. We should stick to basic mocks.

SS is the best FS the draft has seen in the last 5 years.

Pitcock is good, but overrated and underpreformng to a degree. He is not top 10 talent. Especially not ahead of the Mich DT or Okam.

dbspi
11-29-2006, 04:36 AM
Allan Branch from Michigan is the best DT in the draft. Landry is good FS but kind of slow. I feel the best safety in the draft might be Reggie Nelson from Florida (beast in nature with great speed).

But none of these FS are top 5 considerations.

Texas_Thrill
11-29-2006, 12:18 PM

If we have the choice between AP and Gaines..........I'll take Gaines and pair him with Mario. Move Weaver inside to DT. That gives us a a very good pash rush with a good rotation in the middle.

As bad as I think our RB situation is if you weren't going to take RB who is clearly built for this offense a la portis then you don't go take a rb who is oft injured as AP no matter how much I like him. Not to mention Kubiak and the Denver past drafts show they do not like taking offensive players with the 1st round picks.

Thoughts????

bah007
11-29-2006, 12:20 PM
If we have the choice between AP and Gaines..........I'll take Gaines and pair him with Mario. Move Weaver inside to DT. That gives us a a very good pash rush with a good rotation in the middle.

As bad as I think our RB situation is if you weren't going to take RB who is clearly built for this offense a la portis then you don't go take a rb who is oft injured as AP no matter how much I like him. Not to mention Kubiak and the Denver past drafts show they do not like taking offensive players with the 1st round picks.

Thoughts????

I dont want an offensive player in the first round unless it is Calvin Johnson (which is very unlikely).

I want a DB.

Texas_Thrill
11-29-2006, 12:25 PM
I agree Calvin Johnson is the only one i would take but currently where we would be picking none of the DB's are worthy.

What about Gaines Adams the DE from Georgia. Pair him with Mario and move Weaver inside giving us a pretty solid 3 man rotation in the interior.

bah007
11-29-2006, 12:30 PM
I agree Calvin Johnson is the only one i would take but currently where we would be picking none of the DB's are worthy.

What about Gaines Adams the DE from Georgia. Pair him with Mario and move Weaver inside giving us a pretty solid 3 man rotation in the interior.

I would celebrate drafting Adams.

No arguement from me as long as we go defense.

Texans Horror
11-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Safety or Cornerback. We have Carr and AJ on offense, Mario in the defensive front seven. Now we need to bolster the defensive secondary.

Preferably LaRon Landry at this point. An Offensive Tackle with the first second-round pick because I am anticipating either Spencer to be out for good or Winston to be moved inside.

Ole Miss Texan
11-29-2006, 01:58 PM

Gaines Adams is DE from Clemson.
Quentin Moses is DE from Georgia.

I could support that as well. We would have Probably the two youngest best Ends in the NFL which would be awesome. I would then hope a good FS or CB fell to us in the second.

painekiller
11-29-2006, 02:02 PM
How many ends do you want? Weaver can play DT, but he is small and gets run over at tackle. He is an above average DE. Leave that position alone. Babin and Peek are both gone IMO. But we do not need another top 5 pick at DE.

Now Look at DT if you must go DL. Branch, 6'6" 330, would be a stud added to our tackle position . Put him next to Mario, 6'7" and watch offensive coordinators cringe. Add FA Terdell Sands UFA Oakland Raiders 6'7" 335 and you have a DL that should stop the run and the pass.

Or you can go Hall in the 1st and hope Amobi Okoye DT 6'2" 315 Louisville falls to you in the 2nd. And if you get real lucky Dan Conner Penn St OLB falls to you in the 3rd. You still have to find a FS, but your DL should be all over the QB.

TexansSeminole
11-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Althought it would be interesting, thats just putting too much money in one position...we need to balance ourselves out before doing something like that.

bigbrewster2000
11-30-2006, 08:21 AM
and Kubiak apparently doesn't believe in locking down our OL with studly picks like Gaither or Thomas.

Why would you say that? From all those drafts that he has been a part of? Why do you think we need an OT and not interior linemen? IMHO WE NEED HELP WITH C AND RG. Spencer should be fine when he returns, but taking Thomas and sliding Spencer to RT and The caveman to RG could help. I would still rather see a stud G or C drafted which we could ge in the 2nd or 3rd rounds and draft more Defense in the 1st. Secondary anyone?

threetoedpete
12-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Why would you say that? From all those drafts that he has been a part of? Why do you think we need an OT and not interior linemen? IMHO WE NEED HELP WITH C AND RG. Spencer should be fine when he returns, but taking Thomas and sliding Spencer to RT and The caveman to RG could help. I would still rather see a stud G or C drafted which we could ge in the 2nd or 3rd rounds and draft more Defense in the 1st. Secondary anyone?

Spencer is down, and will be down for a while. From between the lines in Kubes' 610 recap Monday....down like Wong down this year. And..that is the point. Know one knows for sure when in '07 Spencer can lace up the cleats, nuch less tie on his pads. Got it ?

dbspi
12-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Actually Gaither potential is way better then Thomas and Ferguson who was picked 4th last year. But as of this date we don't know if Gaither will declare for the draft or not. He is Junior at Maryland.

Pass protection - Ferguson >> Thomas
Run Protection - Thomas >> Ferguson
Pass and Run Protection - Gaither >> Thomas and Ferguson

kastofsna
12-03-2006, 08:19 AM
gaither is a RS sophomore, and he's not better with pass or run protection than either thomas or ferguson at the moment. the ceiling is really high though.

threetoedpete
12-03-2006, 01:07 PM
TY Kastofonra, I thought I was getting senile. Agreed with your assement on Gaither. The sky is the limit. a little premature for me to call the guy the next
Jackie Slatter. We'll see. Potential don't feed the bull dog in the NFL. See Laweance Phillips...Phillip Buchanon...Seth Wand.

LORK 88
12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
we moved up to 7th in the draft order (my friend calculated it so I dont have a link).

TexansSeminole
12-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Updated Top 10:

1. Oakland
2. Detroit
3. Tampa Bay
4. Arizona
5. Cleveland
6. Green Bay
7. Houston
8. Washington
9. San Francisco
10. Buffalo

threetoedpete
12-05-2006, 01:38 AM
3. Oakland Raiders - Calvin Johnson

4. Houston Texans - Antoine Cason (The best corner in the draft and still has TONS of upside. Physically gifted beyond belief, will run sub 4.4. Good size, but the best dang instincts on the ball of any CB in the last 3 years at least.)

5. Cleveland Browns - Peterson...who promptly gets hurt behind their sorry O-line.
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Woodly
7. Green Bay Packers - Jarrett

8. Washington Redskins - who knows what this stupid team will do on draft day, they are almost as stupid as the raiders come draft day. I'll say they go with Teddy Ginn. Stupid pick for a stupid team.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers - Revis
10. Tennessee Titans - Laron Landry

GBN just bumped Revis ahead of him.

Thumb tacks grab the best WR on their board. Book it.

I'm preying All Day has a good Day in his bowl game and Rick Smith gets a few nibbles. Maybe we can Play let's make a Deal with the Brownies & Packers ?

Move down pick up the extra pick take the OLT prospect. Draft McCaully as the FS prospect in the second. They draft Landry I'd have no problem with that. Just believe the crumbs of the prospects are a little weak. Sears, Long, and Blailock are off the board by the second round.

Be surprised if the skins pass up Gains Adams.

Saw someone having Ginn Jr to Minnesota...Makes sense to me. He's gonna fall if he puts his nose up in the air and avoids the combine.

Counted it up again, GBN has seven Ol prospects, w/o Gaither.

Someone was asking on another post where Justin Warren WLB Texas Agricultrual & Mechanical would go. FWIIW these guys..CSD has him going in the third, 93rd over all to the bolts. http://condraft.com/mocks/round-3.html . Not bad. Made the top 100.

threetoedpete
12-05-2006, 01:50 AM
How many ends do you want? Weaver can play DT, but he is small and gets run over at tackle. He is an above average DE. Leave that position alone. Babin and Peek are both gone IMO. But we do not need another top 5 pick at DE.

Now Look at DT if you must go DL. Branch, 6'6" 330, would be a stud added to our tackle position . Put him next to Mario, 6'7" and watch offensive coordinators cringe. Add FA Terdell Sands UFA Oakland Raiders 6'7" 335 and you have a DL that should stop the run and the pass.

Or you can go Hall in the 1st and hope Amobi Okoye DT 6'2" 315 Louisville falls to you in the 2nd. And if you get real lucky Dan Conner Penn St OLB falls to you in the 3rd. You still have to find a FS, but your DL should be all over the QB.

So just wondering and not banging your logic by no means, is it time to give serious considerastion to redoing Travis Johnson's deal and pay him more in line with his preformance ? Say second year vet...fourth round guy ? Inquiring minds want to know. I hate double dipping positions in close years. But I'm on board in this case. We've seen the best we're going to see out of TJ. They upgrade the DT positon in the first round there'll be no griping from me. Much rather have one of the OLT guys though. Oh forgot the USC guy in the other post...he's gone by the end of round one also.

threetoedpete
12-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Beerlover likes the Louisville guy. I like the BC guy in the third. We see how many 165 rushing games they give up the rest of the way ?

dbspi
12-05-2006, 03:54 AM
Weekly Revised Draft Order After Week 13 in the NFL.
December 5, 2006

Pick # Team Record Pct Opp Pct.
=============================================
Pick: 1 Detroit 2-10 .167 .516
Pick: 2 Oakland 2-10 .167 .547
Pick: 3 Arizona 3-9 .250 .505
Pick: 4 Tampa Bay 3-9 .250 .557
Pick: 5 Green Bay 4-8 .333 .495
Pick: 6 Washington 4-8 .333 .516
Pick: 7 Houston 4-8 .333 .521
Pick: 8 Cleveland 4-8 .333 .531
Pick: 9 Minnesota 5-7 .417 .464
Pick: 10 St. Louis 5-7 .417 .464
Pick: 11 San Francisco 5-7 .417 .484
Pick: 12 Miami 5-7 .417 .526
Pick: 13 Pittsburgh 5-7 .417 .526
Pick: 14 Buffalo 5-7 .417 .563
Pick: 15 Tennessee 5-7 .417 .578
Pick: 16 Atlanta 6-6 .500 .458
Pick: 17 Carolina 6-6 .500 .484
Pick: 18 Philadelphia 6-6 .500 .490
Pick: 19 NY Giants 6-6 .500 .536
Pick: 20 NY Jets 7-5 .583 .474
Pick: 21 Kansas City 7-5 .583 .484
Pick: 22 Jacksonville 7-5 .583 .521
Pick: 23 Denver 7-5 .583 .526
Pick: 24 Cincinnati 7-5 .583 .542
Pick: 25 Seattle 8-4 .667 .427
Pick: 26 Dallas 8-4 .667 .448
Pick: 27 New Orleans 8-4 .667 .458
Pick: 28 Baltimore 9-3 .750 .474
Pick: 29 New England 9-3 .750 .495
Pick: 30 Chicago 10-2 .833 .406
Pick: 31 San Diego 10-2 .833 .458
Pick: 32 Indianapolis 10-2 .833 .500

YoungTexanFan
12-05-2006, 07:48 AM
GBN just bumped Revis ahead of him. Because Revis is the better shut down CB. But I like Cason just as much. Push IMO.

Thumb tacks grab the best WR on their board. Book it. Maybe. I still see them trying for AP or Dline.

I'm preying All Day has a good Day in his bowl game and Rick Smith gets a few nibbles. Maybe we can Play let's make a Deal with the Brownies & Packers ? If he goes off, I'm hoping we are smart enough to stay away and use that game as bait for other teams.

Move down pick up the extra pick take the OLT prospect. Draft McCaully as the FS prospect in the second. They draft Landry I'd have no problem with that. Just believe the crumbs of the prospects are a little weak. Sears, Long, and Blailock are off the board by the second round. McCaully will be an NFL CB, as bad as he has played this year, he will play CB on Sundays.

Be surprised if the skins pass up Gains Adams. I would be surprised as well, but it is the Redskins who traded up for an Auburn QB who had a 3rd round grade from me so who knows.

Saw someone having Ginn Jr to Minnesota...Makes sense to me. He's gonna fall if he puts his nose up in the air and avoids the combine. Wasteful. Minn needs to focus on their whole team. They have Troy Williamson there and need to improve more before they draft a decoy/return man.

Counted it up again, GBN has seven Ol prospects, w/o Gaither. Very few sites list Gaither because they don't know if he is declaring. Footballsfuture does list him, #5 overall I believe.

Someone was asking on another post where Justin Warren WLB Texas Agricultrual & Mechanical would go. FWIIW these guys..CSD has him going in the third, 93rd over all to the bolts. http://condraft.com/mocks/round-3.html . Not bad. Made the top 100. Doesn't matter, wont play for us. I'd be happy to see him on the Colts actually. It just means they didn't draft someone I wanted at the end of the round before our pick.

TexansSeminole
12-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Gaines Adams is DE from Clemson.
Quentin Moses is DE from Georgia.

I could support that as well. We would have Probably the two youngest best Ends in the NFL which would be awesome. I would then hope a good FS or CB fell to us in the second.

Quentin Moses has been unimpressive this year.

kastofsna
12-06-2006, 08:33 AM
i'd take adam carriker over moses for sure, and MAYBE adams, but i'm just crazy like that.

dbspi
12-12-2006, 03:59 AM
Here is the new draft order after week 14 in the NFL.
Posted December 12, 2006

1. Detroit Lions(2-11) .516
2. Oakland Raiders(2-11) .547
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers(3-10) .557
4. Arizona Cardinals(4-9) .505
5. Washington Redskins(4-9) .516
6. Houston Texans(4-9) .521
7. Cleveland Browns(4-9) .531
8. St. Louis Rams(5-Cool .464
9. San Fransisco 49ers(5-Cool .484
10. Green Bay Packers(5-Cool .495
11. Minnestoa Vikings(6-7) .464
12. Carolina Panthers(6-7) .484
13. Miami Dolphins(6-7) .526
14. Pittsburgh Steelers( 6-7) .533
15. Buffalo Bills(6-7) .563
16. Tennessee Titans(6-7) .567
17. Atlanta Falcons(7-6) .458
18. New York Jets(7-6) .474
19. Philadelphia Eagles(7-6) .490
20. New York Giants(7-6) .490
21. Kansas City Chiefs(7-6) .500
22. Denver Broncos(7-6) .536
23. New England(f/ SEA) (8-5) .427
24. Dallas Cowboys(8-5) .448
25. Jacksonville Jaguars(8-5) .536
26. Cincinnatti Bengals(8-5) .542
27. New Orleans Saints(9-4) .458
28. New England Patriots(9-4) .495
29. Baltimore Ravens(10-3) .474
30. Indianapolis Colts(10-3) .500
31. Chicago Bears(11-2) .406
32. San Diego Chargers(11-2) .458

19-10
12-12-2006, 10:46 AM
At this point, part of me is hoping that we continue to lose while Tampa Bay, Arizona, and Washington continue to win so that we can move up to the third pick in the draft. The other part of me wants to see the Texans win out, so that they can tie their best ever seasonal record.

Yeah while I'm not hoping for losses I think we easily move to 4 and possibly 3 when it's all said and done.

nunusguy
12-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah while I'm not hoping for losses I think we easily move to 4 and possibly 3 when it's all said and done.
That's OK, just so we don't get stuck with the #1 again. Too expensive for
any one player, except an outstanding, franchise QB. Was there anyone like
that in the 2006 Draft ? Woops ! Different issue for a different thread.

El Tejano
12-12-2006, 11:38 AM
At this point, part of me is hoping that we continue to lose while Tampa Bay, Arizona, and Washington continue to win so that we can move up to the third pick in the draft. The other part of me wants to see the Texans win out, so that they can tie their best ever seasonal record.

Dude go for your second reason. Our franchise has shown that they don't make the decision we want anyhow and a 7-9 record still shows a team on the upswing regardless of two loss to the Tennessee Vincents.

As for the top 6 picks

Detroit - Brady Quinn or Gainse Adams. Kind of like us last year.
Oakland - Adrian Peterson
Tampa Bay - Brady Quinn or Gaines Adams
Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas
Washington Redskins - Calvin Johnson
Houston Texans - Landry DB (forget the school) or Reggie Nelson.

Am I close?

El Tejano
12-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Does anyone see that panning out?

kastofsna
12-12-2006, 02:44 PM
gaines adams isn't anywhere near mario williams' ability where he'd be considered for the #1 pick. and i don't see the redskins going WR with the money they have in santana moss, antwaan randle-el and brandon lloyd. plus i doubt the bucs would let calvin johnson slip past them.

as for houston, i'm thinking it's either jamarcus russell or the best DB available at this point.

bah007
12-12-2006, 04:12 PM
1. Oakland- Calvin Johnson - WR, Georgia Tech
2. Detroit- Brady Quinn - QB, Notre Dame
3. Tampa Bay- Joe Thomas - OT, Wisconsin
4. Cleveland- Gaines Adams - DE, Clemson
5. Houston- Leon Hall - CB, Michigan
6. Washington- Alan Branch - DT, Michigan
7. Arizona- Jake Long - OT, Michigan
8. San Francisco- Dwayne Jarrett - WR, USC
9. Green Bay- Adrian Peterson - HB, Oklahoma
10. St. Louis- LaRon Landry - FS, LSU
11. Minnesota- Troy Smith - QB, Ohio St
12. Buffalo- Justin Blaylock - OG, Texas
13. Pittsburgh- Patrick Willis - MLB, Mississippi
14. Tennessee- Daymeion Hughes - CB, California
15. Carolina- Paul Poslusnzy - OLB, Penn St
16. Miami- Reggie Nelson - FS, Florida

I wonder if that (picks 5-7) has ever happened before in the 1st round.

El Tejano
12-12-2006, 04:51 PM
You got us passing Peterson? What's your logic? Not trying to sound rude. Just want to know why.

Here is what I like about your picks. It shows the amount of OL talent there is in this draft. I say trade the pick and get more non sexy OL picks.

Imagine Anyone of the top OL with Justin Blaylock.

infantrycak
12-12-2006, 05:01 PM
You got us passing Peterson? What's your logic? Not trying to sound rude. Just want to know why.

How about he has been injured every year of college. Plus, at #5 you are paying instantly as much or more than the top guys in the league at RB. Equally talented CB or LT you go that route over the RB every time. Longer term of play generally plus better value.

run-david-run
12-12-2006, 05:40 PM
gaines adams isn't anywhere near mario williams' ability where he'd be considered for the #1 pick. and i don't see the redskins going WR with the money they have in santana moss, antwaan randle-el and brandon lloyd. plus i doubt the bucs would let calvin johnson slip past them.

as for houston, i'm thinking it's either jamarcus russell or the best DB available at this point.

Lol...russell in the top 10, possibly top 5? Qb is not a strenght of the Texans, but we have significantly bigger holes to fill.

bah007
12-12-2006, 05:40 PM

Here is what I like about your picks. It shows the amount of OL talent there is in this draft. I say trade the pick and get more non sexy OL picks.

Imagine Anyone of the top OL with Justin Blaylock.

I dont like taking running backs that early in the draft. I think you can find a decent or better back in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I also think that Peterson is injury prone & a little bit overrated.

I thought Maroney was the #1 back last year & if all those guys were just coming out now then I would have Peterson behind Maroney & Bush and not far ahead of Jones-Drew.

The Texans would do better to get a DB or OL in the 1st & maybe look at RB in the 2nd or 3rd, possibly not until the 4th.

dbspi
12-12-2006, 09:14 PM
1. Oakland- Calvin Johnson - WR, Georgia Tech
2. Detroit- Brady Quinn - QB, Notre Dame
3. Tampa Bay- Joe Thomas - OT, Wisconsin
4. Cleveland- Gaines Adams - DE, Clemson
5. Houston- Leon Hall - CB, Michigan
6. Washington- Alan Branch - DT, Michigan
7. Arizona- Jake Long - OT, Michigan
8. San Francisco- Dwayne Jarrett - WR, USC
9. Green Bay- Adrian Peterson - HB, Oklahoma
10. St. Louis- LaRon Landry - FS, LSU
11. Minnesota- Troy Smith - QB, Ohio St
12. Buffalo- Justin Blaylock - OG, Texas
13. Pittsburgh- Patrick Willis - MLB, Mississippi
14. Tennessee- Daymeion Hughes - CB, California
15. Carolina- Paul Poslusnzy - OLB, Penn St
16. Miami- Reggie Nelson - FS, Florida

I wonder if that (picks 5-7) has ever happened before in the 1st round.

Here is the draft order after week 14. You need to flip flow Houston and Washington.

bah007
12-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Here is the draft order after week 14. You need to flip flow Houston and Washington.

I use my own rankings.

There is no way to tell how the season will play out so it doesnt matter anyway.

Kaiser Toro
12-12-2006, 10:06 PM
I like the prospect of Joe Thomas, but AP is the type of guy that makes others look real good. I hate feeling excited about the off season.

threetoedpete
12-13-2006, 01:43 AM
I dont like taking running backs that early in the draft. I think you can find a decent or better back in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I also think that Peterson is injury prone & a little bit overrated.

I thought Maroney was the #1 back last year & if all those guys were just coming out now then I would have Peterson behind Maroney & Bush and not far ahead of Jones-Drew.

The Texans would do better to get a DB or OL in the 1st & maybe look at RB in the 2nd or 3rd, possibly not until the 4th.

If it was Darren McFaddin, in '08, you'd take him. There's just no McFaddins on the boards this year. I just hope the Pack or Brownies fall in love with the All Day and we can move down. Might be passing up Duce Mcalister. Looks like a mash guy to me. His injury history is at least a trend.

painekiller
12-13-2006, 02:09 AM
As for the top 6 picks

Detroit - Brady Quinn or Gainse Adams. Kind of like us last year.
Oakland - Adrian Peterson
Tampa Bay - Brady Quinn or Gaines Adams
Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas
Washington Redskins - Calvin Johnson
Houston Texans - Landry DB (forget the school) or Reggie Nelson.

Am I close?
Close, but I could see the pick being Alan Branch or Paul Posluszny before Landry based on the current draft projection on the site I use. Frankly I would be happy with any one of the 4 guys you and I mentioned

dbspi
12-13-2006, 02:15 AM
As much as I like Alan Branch, I don't think Texans will draft DL in first round four years straight (Babin, TJ, Mario Williams). Simply not going to happen.

Texans needs to put people in stand so they will draft Adrian Peterson in round 1 if he is available.

nunusguy
12-19-2006, 08:46 PM
December 19, 2006

# Team W-L Opponents'
W-L %
1 Detroit 2-12 .531
2 Oakland 2-12 .536
3 Tampa Bay 3-11 .549
4 Arizona 4-10 .496
5 Houston 4-10 .527
6 Cleveland 4-10 .527
7 Washington 5-9 .513
8 St. Louis 6-8 .455
9 Minnesota 6-8 .473
10 San Francisco 6-8 .482

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

BattleRedToro
12-24-2006, 05:14 PM
As much as I like Alan Branch, I don't think Texans will draft DL in first round four years straight (Babin, TJ, Mario Williams). Simply not going to happen.

Texans needs to put people in the stands so they will draft Adrian Peterson in round 1 if he is available.

That is a terrible reason to draft someone but certainly a possibility.