PDA

View Full Version : I am sorry....... It was my Fault......

thunderkyss
11-21-2006, 12:49 PM
It's been killing me, and I haven't slept in two days, so I figure I should fess up. It was my fault the Texans lost this past Sunday.

I normally stay in my seat till after the on field interviews..... Sunday, I brought my 9 year old daughter, and she had to go to the bathroom as the Texans started their final possession.

I also had to go downstairs to talk to one of the people in the vending booths on the first floor, so I knew I wasn't going back to my seat, so we took all our stuff with us.

I saw our Special teams looking at my daughter & I as we were coming down out of our seats, wondering where we were going, and as the offense came on the field, some of the SpecialTeamers pointed us out. I tried to tell them I wasn't leaving the stadium, because I could see the disappointment in their eyes...... especially David.

So I'm thinking they were thinking my daughter & I were upset with their play(which we weren't, but you know when nature calls, you gotta go...), & that's why their hearts weren't in the last 4 minutes...

valleytexfan
11-21-2006, 12:50 PM
whew I thought it was me for not wearing my lucky Texans cap, which is AWOL. Whew!

jaayteetx
11-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Ya, I thought it was me for wearing the wrong jersey...

michaelm
11-21-2006, 12:53 PM
It's been killing me, and I haven't slept in two days, so I figure I should fess up. It was my fault the Texans lost this past Sunday.

I normally stay in my seat till after the on field interviews..... Sunday, I brought my 9 year old daughter, and she had to go to the bathroom as the Texans started their final possession.

I also had to go downstairs to talk to one of the people in the vending booths on the first floor, so I knew I wasn't going back to my seat, so we took all our stuff with us.

I saw our Special teams looking at my daughter & I as we were coming down out of our seats, wondering where we were going, and as the offense came on the field, some of the SpecialTeamers pointed us out. I tried to tell them I wasn't leaving the stadium, because I could see the disappointment in their eyes...... especially David.

So I'm thinking they were thinking my daughter & I were upset with their play(which we weren't, but you know when nature calls, you gotta go...), & that's why their hearts weren't in the last 4 minutes...

I hate to break it to ya TK, but you're off the hook.

In one of my fantasy leagues I made a trade 15 minutes before kickoff that included me giving up Lee Evans and getting Romo.

Romo had (I think) his least productive fantasy day as a fulll time starter, and Evans... well, I'll spare us both from rehasing those details...

The Pencil Neck
11-21-2006, 01:09 PM
No, dude. This is totally on me. I didn't wear the right t-shirt.

My bad.

hobie
11-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Gotta end this sorry, blame goes to the Texans, they just don't kow how to close out games! End of story !! But the rest of you ought to be ashamed of yourselfs none the less!!

Double Barrel
11-21-2006, 01:38 PM
I've got to share the blame...I wore a liberty white jersey on a steel blue jersey day...obviously the karma implications are severe...I'm so, so sorry folks...I let everyone down :shades:

Texan Asylum
11-21-2006, 01:47 PM
It was I, the punk from the North Country, that wore his Red Texans 'T', when my gut told me not to. :crying:

I'll take the appropriate punishment you fine folk are willing to dish out.:dangit:

Texan_Bill
11-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Folks, I will take this one.... I ran out of beer tailgating....

TopTexanFan16
11-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Noooo.....it was def. me i stopped down to the level of a dang buffalo fan and almost got in a fight with the. I always keep my cool when at a game, sry i let the team and you fans down.

gg no re
11-21-2006, 02:33 PM
I am... SPARTICUS

Texan_Bill
11-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Noooo.....it was def. me i stopped down to the level of a dang buffalo fan and almost got in a fight with the. I always keep my cool when at a game, sry i let the team and you fans down.

Was that you jumping two rows at a time, in the BP? It might be your fault, because you failed to make a football move....

TopTexanFan16
11-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Was that you jumping two rows at a time, in the BP? It might be your fault, because you failed to make a football move....

Hahaha no i was in sec. 137 row AA there were some loud mouthed punk buffallo fans that just wouldnt keep there mouths shut. everyone in the section was bout to jump these poor guys and i was tellin them to be careful cause some fans down here in texas drink a lil to much on sunday and they started tellin me to shut the F@$# up and well yea.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Okay, you're back in the clear.... It wasn't your fault..

Really though, some of us drink too much?? Go figure.

But I really did see a couple of fans jumping over rows to get after some Bills fans in the BP area at the end of the game....

Yankee_In_TX
11-21-2006, 02:54 PM
No, it was my fault. I wore an Ohio State jersey into the game.

I wore it to tailgating to annoy Longhorn friends.

I let my buddy drive that day (it's my parking pass), so everyone helped pack up his car. I was told they got it all, but in reality the bag w/ my koozie, beads, pins, name tag, and TEXANS JERSEY was left on the floor.

The Texans must have figured out it wasn't a Battle Red jersey.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2006, 02:57 PM
No, it was my fault. I wore an Ohio State jersey into the game.

I wore it to tailgating to annoy Longhorn friends.

I let my buddy drive that day (it's my parking pass), so everyone helped pack up his car. I was told they got it all, but in reality the bag w/ my koozie, beads, pins, name tag, and TEXANS JERSEY was left on the floor.

The Texans must have figured out it wasn't a Battle Red jersey.

YUP! It was Yankee....

PS the jersey annoyed some others too. j/k

grinch1134
11-21-2006, 03:25 PM
It's my fault, last week I worked in the garage listening to the game, this week I just sat there listening to the game. Plus I changed from my blue texans hat to my white draft pick hat.

Specnatz
11-21-2006, 04:23 PM

Yeah deffinately your fault, how the heck can you run out of beer talgating? That is against texas law. Drink two cases of lone star and sing "Yellow Rose" and you will be forgiven.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Yeah deffinately your fault, how the heck can you run out of beer talgating? That is against texas law. Drink two cases of lone star and sing "Yellow Rose" and you will be forgiven.

Hillarious, I will get on that ASAP.....

Seriously, we had way more people show up than usual. Lucky for me, St. Arnolds is out there and besides that I keep a little stash of Scotch....So, technically, I lived up to the Texas drinking statutes.... Want to see my excedrin / Alka selsur bill?

Ole Miss Texan
11-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Y'all are in the clear, its my fault because I didn't try out for our secondary during preseason.

TexansSeminole
11-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Y'all are in the clear, its my fault because I didn't try out for our secondary during preseason.

hahahaha.

powerfuldragon
11-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Nah. The blame should be put squarely on my shoulders. I picked the Texans to lose it.

ccdude730
11-21-2006, 11:16 PM
if we are fessing up, i might as well share some of the blame

in each of the texans win i have spent time with friends from church and this past sunday....i slept in and did not see anybody

Texans_Chick
11-21-2006, 11:31 PM
I picked the Texans in my pool. The times they have won, I haven't.

That might be a goofy jinx, but I think it.

The following is not a goofy jinx:

If your quarterback ties a record for freaking 22 passes in a row, DO NOT DO NOT FREAKING JINX HIM BY PUTTING IT ON THE FREAKING SCOREBOARD.

I saw that and said to my friend, WHY DID THEY JUST FREAKING JINX HIM???? (Actually I said way worse stuff, and at length).

Carr says he didn't notice he had 22 in a row. He said he was just feeling good. Don't know if that is true or not, but the FREAKING JINXING SCOREBOARD OPERATOR MADE SURE TO BREAK UP HIS MOJO, FLOW, ZONE, FREAKATUDE ETC ETC, AND MADE SURE THAT CARR KNEW HE WAS IN THE MIDST OF SOMETHING.

I wonder if that scoreboard operator works for the Astros too--announcing no hitters with a big picture of the player on it.

Scoreboard operator, if you are reading this, I am sure you were just excited about that stat and all. I just don't need to know record tying in the middle of the actual act.

Eric Moulds gets his 50th TD reception-- feel free to put it on the board.

David Carr or anyone else is in a particular zone and in the midst of doing something cool, I'd rather hear it on the radio after the game or read it in the paper.

TC
(I take my jinxes seriously)

Bamaborn-Texasbred
11-22-2006, 06:59 AM
It was my fault for being friendly to someone wearing an "I love NY" t shirt in the parking lot.

Malloy
11-22-2006, 07:42 AM
TK, it's obviously your daughters fault. She might only be 9, bus she's the one wanting to go to the bathroom... Make sure she never forgets her role in the loss to the Bills ;)

Specnatz
11-22-2006, 01:33 PM
It was my fault for being friendly to someone wearing an "I love NY" t shirt in the parking lot.

What were you thinking?? I am not saying be a jerk but to be friendly to a NY person is completely not neccessary.

Malloy
11-22-2006, 01:40 PM

So we lost next weeks game already... oh dear :(

Texan Asylum
11-22-2006, 01:53 PM
So we lost next weeks game already... oh dear :(
No need to fear. I think you just jinxed his jinx!

Porky
11-22-2006, 02:41 PM
And here all along, I thought it was because they suck. My bad. :backsout:

canadiantexan
11-22-2006, 03:38 PM

O.K. it is your fault. A more evil crime than all the wrong colored jerseys in Houston.

Never and I repeat never let the beer run dry.

Kaiser Toro
11-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Hopefully all of you will be cut due to your insolence.

Texan_Bill
11-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Hopefully all of you will be cut due to your insolence.

If C & C were here, we'd all be signed to 10 year contracts with HUGE signing bonuses.

canadiantexan
11-22-2006, 03:43 PM
What were you thinking?? I am not saying be a jerk but to be friendly to a NY person is completely not neccessary.

Actually they prefer if you mug them.......it makes them feel at home.

Kaiser Toro
11-22-2006, 03:43 PM
If C & C were here, we'd all be signed to 10 year contracts with HUGE signing bonuses.

You just made the list. :)

run-david-run
11-22-2006, 06:45 PM
I also wore my AJ jersey. We havnt won a game in which I have worn it and it definately staying in my closet on Sunday