PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young does not rule ass

Pages : [1] 2

AlbinoRat
11-20-2006, 11:26 PM
for those of you who havent realized it yet, i dont like VY

Carr (yes thats right David Carr) has outperformed him bigtime.
David Garrard the bench guy has done better
Even the 80 year old Brett Farve has done better

also for those who compared his running style to mike vick
young-225 yards
vick-704 yards, and has also out passed him

sorry, my friend used to be all about vince young, now im weening him off. I never really thought id say this but i hope he doesnt succeed in the nfl, because he is so overrated.

by the way if you want a laugh, go to youtube.com and search "vince young mack brown" and click on the love affair one. It's really funny, even you longhorn fans will giggle. thanks for letting me rant

run-david-run
11-20-2006, 11:28 PM
his stats arent too impresive, but since he has taken over, they have beaten the Skins, played the Colts to 1 point on the road, beat us (although that was because of turnovers, he only had 80 passing yards), played the Ravens to 1 point and beat the Eagles. They were winless before he started. There has to be some corolation there.

Napa Auto Parts
11-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Great Post but you do know that vince has led the titans to as many wins as us *oh and he Owned us* oh let me remind you at this point in the year last year vince was still playing college football post this thread in 4 or 5 years.

this is such a stupid thread how many game has vince started not even a full season yet:thumbdown :rofl: im suprised the mods havent deleted it yet lol:lightbulb:

TexanSam
11-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Vince Young hasn't even played a full season yet so to say he sucks is kind of dumb. Almost all rookie QB's "suck" if they're thrown right into the fire. Peyton Manning wasn't that good. Carr wasn't very good. Alex Smith wasn't very good last season. Ben Rothliesberger was an aberration, not the norm. Rookie QB's are going to have their struggles. You have to give him more than half a season to prove himself. I'm not the biggest VY fan, but saying he sucks doesn't have much of an argument to it.

Mattheus_Rex
11-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Vince Young hasn't even played a full season yet so to say he sucks is kind of dumb. Almost all rookie QB's "suck" if they're thrown right into the fire. Peyton Manning wasn't that good. Carr wasn't very good. Alex Smith wasn't very good last season. Ben Rothliesberger was an aberration, not the norm. Rookie QB's are going to have their struggles. You have to give him more than half a season to prove himself. I'm not the biggest VY fan, but saying he sucks doesn't have much of an argument to it.

Being a rookie doesn't explain his crappy performance in the combine. Let's face it, VY got drafted so high for two reasons. 1) He has an excellent manager who praised him as the next Mike Vick but better, 2) He was on the other side of the ball from Reggie Bush.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
11-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Being a rookie doesn't explain his crappy performance in the combine. Let's face it, VY got drafted so high for two reasons.

Oh, so his 4.58 40 means he's too slow? Seriously, give me a break..

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-21-2006, 12:11 AM
I can't even take the O.P. seriously. He's comparing VY to Brett Favre? Are you kidding me? You're telling me Vince Young should come into this league as a should be Senior in college and dominate?

He hasn't been impressive in every game but last week against Baltimore he was incredible.

BTW, good post Run-David-Run

Mattheus_Rex
11-21-2006, 01:15 AM
Oh, so his 4.58 40 means he's too slow? Seriously, give me a break..

Yeah, and that's the defining stat for a QB. :sarcasm: 4.58 40 impresses me as a WR.

Wolf
11-21-2006, 05:34 AM
his stats arent too impresive, but since he has taken over, they have beaten the Skins, played the Colts to 1 point on the road, beat us (although that was because of turnovers, he only had 80 passing yards), played the Ravens to 1 point and beat the Eagles. They were winless before he started. There has to be some corolation there.

That is a statment that I don't understand. Vince didn't play well and yet the Titan team beat us (actually we beat ourselves).

No doubt Vince is a leader but there are 3 phases in a football game.

Wolf
11-21-2006, 05:35 AM
I hated Vince Young at first, but after review I think he is much better quarterback than David Carr is. He has beaten teams that we couldn't. He has thrown more touchdown passes than Carr this season. Don't get your panties in a tight wad because vince young is better.

He has beaten TEAMS ...wow, why have the other guys on the Titans with him then?.. just let Vince run around and he can take them all on
:superman:

kastofsna
11-21-2006, 07:26 AM
young has been great this year. i'm impressed with a rookie playing as well as he has.

JDizzle
11-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Hilarious. Weren't you in another thread whining about giving Carr a supporting cast even though his is arguably better than what Vince has?

Kaiser Toro
11-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Just goes to show you that people who support Carr will go to no end to snicker at others. Other Carr supporters have gone after AJ and Demeco and here we have someone going after Vince Young. Very sad and makes me ponder was it Bud Adams or the city of Houston that was the catalyst for the Oilers leaving.

QB75
11-21-2006, 08:10 AM
I hated Vince Young at first, but after review I think he is much better quarterback than David Carr is. He has beaten teams that we couldn't. He has thrown more touchdown passes than Carr this season. Don't get your panties in a tight wad because vince young is better.

Nah, Vince Young isn't better than Carr. Not now, and probably not ever. So far he's just adequate. Sorry.

real
11-21-2006, 08:17 AM
tsk tsk....

How about we actually watch football, and not a stat sheet....

If you haven't seem him play this year then you wouldn't be able to tell how well he's played considering his circumstances...

If you have seen him play then you just can't recognize a rookie playing well...

bah007
11-21-2006, 09:15 AM
tsk tsk....

If you haven't seem him play this year then you wouldn't be able to tell how well he's played considering his circumstances...

If you have seen him play then you just can't recognize a rookie playing well...

No doubt.

He is way better decoy than Reggie Bush, that much is for sure.

Watch a Titans game. You will see.

Every time he hands off to Travis Henry but then runs a bootleg like he still has the ball every LB on the field goes right after him, which frees up holes in the middle for Henry.

The Titans running game averaged 67 yds per game with Collins.

It averages over 150 yds per game with Young.

Sure, you lose passing yds with Vince but you have to be able to run the ball to win.

powerfuldragon
11-21-2006, 09:51 AM
weening. Lol. don't use words when you can't spell them.

Double Barrel
11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Vince Young will be a beast of an NFL QB by his fifth year. I can only hope that we have a good team by then, or he will own us.

mexican_texan
11-21-2006, 10:21 AM
The same way some people hate Adams for leaving the Oilers, I dislike VY for leaving UT. He had a good thing going. Oh well.

Mr. White
11-21-2006, 11:01 AM
JMO....I don't think anyone on a message board has any business saying that any NFL or college player sucks.

To say a team sucks is all right.

These guys that make at least $260,000 a year doing something that we all wish we could. What the hell makes us so great that we can say that they suck?

TexansLucky13
11-21-2006, 11:07 AM
What the hell makes us so great that we can say that they suck?

We pay that salary.

kastofsna
11-21-2006, 11:08 AM
i also want to know why anyone would "hate" a player. unless he's leonard little or some other kind of criminal. vince young has a pretty clean record as far as i'm concerned. ah, immaturity.

TexansLucky13
11-21-2006, 11:11 AM
i also want to know why anyone would "hate" a player.

Texas hype machine + relationship to TU + Carr haters = Why I don't like VY.

Hookem Horns
11-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Everyone was saying around the draft that Vince has "it". "It" meaning leadership and the ability to get wins. Carr on the other hand didn't have "it".

At this point in the season Carr has better stats and has that awesome completion record. Vince on the other hand has more wins and his team is playing more competitive games in their losses which wasn't happening before he took over. Also, the Titans do not have more talent than the Texans so don't even try that argument.

I am a firm believer in "it" and stats mean nothing to me or the standings. Those with "it" tend to make their teammates better. Those without "it" tend to bring them down a level.

All of this is not surprising to me because this is why I wanted the Texans to draft Vince. What is surprising is that it is already happening. I thought we would not to worry about this for a couple of seasons. I was wrong.

TexansLucky13
11-21-2006, 11:17 AM
I posted this a long time ago and I think it is pretty good....

Eh... the "IT" factor is a dangerous thing. I always like to seperate the guys who I see as having the "IT" factor into two subcategories.

1) Natural "IT" factor - Examples.... Marino/Manning

They break records. They are clearly the best. The entire league talks about how powerful these guys are. Laser-rocket arms. Dominators of the Defense. They MAKE good teams. The problem is... they seem to have a problem winning the big games. Marino lost his only SB, while Peyton is yet to get there.

2) Developed "IT" factor - Examples.... Bradshaw/Brady

These guys are above average QBs who play(ed) on an above average team. They got Super Bowl blings... they are SB MVPs. They had a team where their above average skills could be harnessed and their leadership, while not the best, is unquestioned. Record-breaking numbers? Not likely. But they always show up, and they are Field Generals none-the-less.

I see VY in the #2 category. That is what scares me about him. At TU he was the ultimate QB. An awesome team, an awesome athlete. The problem is... he plays for a terrible team.

What I am trying to say is this.....

IMHO... as explained above.... he will never do anything for that team unless the team itself improves.

Mr. White
11-21-2006, 11:18 AM
We pay that salary.

I'm pretty sure that we don't. We might pay for the stadiums, but we don't pay their salary.

We do, however pay the salaries of politicians. We can say that they suck all we want.

BTW...save the Longhorn hate for the college forum.

TexansLucky13
11-21-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that we don't. We might pay for the stadiums, but we don't pay their salary.

We do, however pay the salaries of politicians. We can say that they suck all we want.

BTW...save the Longhorn hate for the college forum.

Without fans, there is no sport. Period. We have no say in the decisions they make (relatively), but we have a right to complain all we want. We give them jobs.

BTW... Ask your Longhorn buddies to keep the Aggie jokes to themselves if they don't want to be called out. Besides..... I developed my anti-TU attitude because of the actions of Longhorns, especially on this message board, and for no other reason than that.

Mr. White
11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Without fans, there is no sport. Period. We have no say in the decisions they make (relatively), but we have a right to complain all we want. We give them jobs.

We're just guys on a message board. We can complain, but to say a pro athlete sucks is lame. I'm pretty sure that they could say that we suck too.

Kind of like this:

"Those guys on the message board don't have a life. They suck."

thunderkyss
11-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Everyone was saying around the draft that Vince has "it". "It" meaning leadership and the ability to get wins. Carr on the other hand didn't have "it".

At this point in the season Carr has better stats and has that awesome completion record. Vince on the other hand has more wins and his team is playing more competitive games in their losses which wasn't happening before he took over. Also, the Titans do not have more talent than the Texans so don't even try that argument.

I am a firm believer in "it" and stats mean nothing to me or the standings. Those with "it" tend to make their teammates better. Those without "it" tend to bring them down a level.

All of this is not surprising to me because this is why I wanted the Texans to draft Vince. What is surprising is that it is already happening. I thought we would not to worry about this for a couple of seasons. I was wrong.

Amen, Amen, I say to you.......

If Vince & the Titans continue to play like they have the last few weeks, and we continue to play like we have the last few weeks, The Titans will be the favorites come December 10th, ..........in our own backyard.

Hookem Horns
11-21-2006, 11:43 AM
BTW... Ask your Longhorn buddies to keep the Aggie jokes to themselves if they don't want to be called out. Besides..... I developed my anti-TU attitude because of the actions of Longhorns, especially on this message board, and for no other reason than that.

What does college football have to do with any of this? Until that sport get's a playoff system it is a joke but that's another subject altogether. We are talking NFL football and I don't see why it even matters where some player went to school. It certainly has nothing to do with how a player performs on the field.

Hate on the UT fans all you want. I too can't stand UT fans or any other college fans that root for NFL teams because some player went to their school. Also, hating a player in the NFL just because he went to a rival school is pretty lame also. I only see the current uniform he is wearing, not the one he wore in college. I guess it is because I am an NFL fan first and want the best players on my team regardless where they went to school. An Alumni isn't going to do squat for a player come Sunday.

bah007
11-21-2006, 11:45 AM

BS.

You developed your anti-UT attitude cuz that is what they teach you at A&M.

The Aggie War Hymn that ya'll constanly sing is completely anti-UT. The song is about choosing A&M over UT.

UT fans dont have to sing stupid anti-A&M songs before games cuz our teams takes care of it on the field.

If A&M football even had a chance to hang with UT football then ya'll wouldnt have to make up anti-UT songs just to make yourselves feel better about losing to Texas all the time.

TexansLucky13
11-21-2006, 11:50 AM
BS.

You developed your anti-UT attitude cuz that is what they teach you at A&M.

The Aggie War Hymn that ya'll constanly sing is completely anti-UT. The song is about choosing A&M over UT.

UT fans dont have to sing stupid anti-A&M songs before games cuz our teams takes care of it on the field.

If A&M football even had a chance to hang with UT football then ya'll wouldnt have to make up anti-UT songs just to make yourselves feel better.

You are truely ignorant and misinformed. What a shame.

And the fact is you do not know me. I am not from Texas and I didn't even care about Texas colleges until I went to one. I wasn't big on the Aggie thing until I started meeting all of these TU folk. They REALLY pissed me off. That is why I bleed maroon now, friend. I was not brainwashed.

They cram that "Aggies Suck" **** down peoples throats at TU, too. I have friends who go there and I know the crap that they do.

P.S. - I guess you also believe that Texas was created before A&M, too? Haha....

Hookem Horns
11-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Sometimes I think these Aggie fans hate the Longhorns so much that they would rather their NFL teams lose than win with ex UT players. I don't hate A&M so I guess I can't understand that. Let's see, maybe I hate Notre Dame but if Brady Quinn became a winner at the NFL level I would love to have him.

BTW, is that school so lame that they don't even teach you that it is University of Texas (UT) not TU? TU is an electrical company called Texas Utilities.

bah007
11-21-2006, 11:52 AM

And the fact is you do not know me. I am not from Texas and I didn't even care about Texas colleges until I went to one. I wasn't big on the Aggie thing until I started meeting all of these TU folk. They REALLY pissed me off. That is why I bleed maroon now, friend. I was not brainwashed.

They cram that "Aggies Suck" **** down peoples throats at TU, too. I have friends who go there and I know the crap that they do.

P.S. - I guess you also believe that Texas was created before A&M, too? Haha....

I'm not all that misinformed. What a shame.

My younger brother goes to A&M so I know what I'm talkin about.

TexansLucky13
11-21-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm not all that misinformed. What a shame.

My younger brother goes to A&M so I know what I'm talkin about.

You think that TU's **** smells like roses. You are wrong, buddy.

bah007
11-21-2006, 11:56 AM
You think that TU's **** smells like roses. You are wrong, buddy.

No I'm not that foolish.

But I'm certain it smells better than Aggy's.

mexican_texan
11-21-2006, 11:56 AM

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/27/274196.jpg

http://texasbestgrok.mu.nu/images/Aggie%20at%20the%20Rose%20Bowl-thumb.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGU126-Logo~University-of-Texas-2006-Rose-Bowl-Champions-Posters.jpg

You know, I see plenty of maroon anti-UT shirts. I've yet to see an anti-TAMU shirt.

El Amigo Invisible
11-21-2006, 11:59 AM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/27/274196.jpg

You know, I see plenty of maroon anti-UT shirts. I've yet to see an anti-TAMU shirt.

AMEN BROTHER!! Why does TAMU hate ? They would rather watch OU win the national title rather than someone from their own state. :twocents:

kastofsna
11-21-2006, 12:02 PM
i think some people take these rivalries too far. they get all worked up and think they have to hate everything about the other school, no matter what. i miss the good ole days where you hated the other guy, but respected him, and wished him well when you weren't playing. "i hate vince young" blah blah blah

ThaShark316
11-21-2006, 12:03 PM

young-225 yards

sorry, my friend used to be all about vince young, now im weening him off. I never really thought id say this but i hope he doesnt succeed in the nfl, because he is so overrated.

by the way if you want a laugh, go to youtube.com and search "vince young mack brown" and click on the love affair one. It's really funny, even you longhorn fans will giggle. thanks for letting me rant

^^^^ Where them haters at, where them haters at, where them haters at...MAN!

mexican_texan
11-21-2006, 12:04 PM
i think some people take these rivalries too far. they get all worked up and think they have to hate everything about the other school, no matter what. i miss the good ole days where you hated the other guy, but respected him, and wished him well when you weren't playing. "i hate vince young" blah blah blah
Tried that already. Won't work.

Mr teX
11-21-2006, 12:09 PM

young-225 yards

I am one of his staunch critics & even i know this is stupid. It's too early & you can't deny the fact his team wants to win for him.

TexansLucky13
11-21-2006, 12:12 PM
AMEN BROTHER!! Why does TAMU hate ? They would rather watch OU win the national title rather than someone from their own state. :twocents:

I like watching the Cowboys lose. :twocents:

mexican_texan
11-21-2006, 12:13 PM
I like watching the Cowboys lose. :twocents:
Except for this past Sunday, I agree

real
11-21-2006, 12:13 PM
^^^^ Where them haters at, where them haters at, where them haters at...MAN!

25 lighters on my dresser...

swtbound07
11-21-2006, 12:35 PM

wrong rap song......the correct answer is

pop my trunk and pop my trunk and pop my pop my pop my trunk yep yep yep

CenTexNative
11-21-2006, 12:39 PM
ummm...Vince Young is still a rookie....He'll improve as time goes on.

Some people.....jsut gotta be haters.

Kaiser Toro
11-21-2006, 12:57 PM
What a laughable, worthless thread.

TexansLucky13
11-21-2006, 01:02 PM
What a laughable, worthless thread.

Agreed. This rivals any given Carr bashing or Bush bashing thread. Thanks for pointing that out, KT.

mexican_texan
11-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Agreed. This rivals any given Carr bashing or Bush bashing thread. Thanks for pointing that out, KT.
Oh my...I won't even say anything.

:locked: :locked: :locked: :locked:

Kaiser Toro
11-21-2006, 01:09 PM

Right on Chief, keep the blinders on while your drive home your well thought out points based upon your bevy of experience. :rolleyes:

I will chalk your tirade up to youthful discretion.

TexansLucky13
11-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Right on Chief, keep the blinders on while your drive home your well thought out points based upon your bevy of experience. :rolleyes:

I will chalk your tirade up to youthful discretion.

Oh, I dare not challenge the elders of the Message Board who tend to the pool of knowledge. I guess nobody swims but you, right? Remember, swim up if you need air!

El Amigo Invisible
11-21-2006, 01:19 PM

I gotz to get paid!

:poker:

Nawzer
11-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Looks like someone's jealous. What assinine comparisons. Comparing VY to veteran star qbs like Favre and Vick.

El Amigo Invisible
11-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Reggie Mcneal looks like Byron Leftwitch.

Kaiser Toro
11-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Oh, I dare not challenge the elders of the Message Board who tend to the pool of knowledge. I guess nobody swims but you, right? Remember, swim up if you need air!

Your words speak for themselves and many of us "elders" have already been through that station in life that you are going through. Pump your chest, have unbridled allegiance to the flock, funnel three beers, eat a taquito and make sure that everyone hears and sees you while you do it. Please continue, you and that shovel in your virtual hands seem to be like peas and carrots.

edo783
11-21-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm not a fan of VY, but to judge a rookie QB in his first 5-6 games is stupid. Look at his game in 2-3 years and then you can probably see what/where he is at. Even then, if his team has been in turmoil, had coaching turn over and for lots of other reasons, may not be at what he can/should be at.

Hookem Horns
11-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Look at his game in 2-3 years and then you can probably see what/where he is at.

I thought the new standard is 5 years.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Looks like someone's jealous. What assinine comparisons. Comparing VY to veteran star qbs like Favre and Vick.

Exactly

Double Barrel
11-21-2006, 02:48 PM

Actually, it's five years and...uhhh...counting.

Huge
11-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Since Vince became the starter in Week 4, he's accumulated the following stats:
80/173, 941 yards, 5 TDs, 7 INTs (3 rushing TDs)

During the same time span, Carr has accumulated these stats:
139/203, 1,261 yards, 3 TDs, 5 INTs (2 rushing TDs)

Their record as starters since then:
Vince - 3-4
Carr - 3-4

You can bring up their QB ratings if you'd like. Just keep in mind that Elvis Grbac has a higher career QB rating than Johnny Unitas.

And again:
Vince - Rookie
Carr - 5th year veteran

dannyboy
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
I gotz to get paid!

Luv it Maan!

Hookem Horns
11-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Their record as starters since then:
Vince - 3-4
Carr - 3-4

You can bring up their QB ratings if you'd like. Just keep in mind that Elvis Grbac has a higher career QB rating than Johnny Unitas.

And again:
Vince - Rookie
Carr - 5th year veteran

I agree with your post however Carr is 3-7 which I am sure you were trying to say. Also I wouldn't call Carr a veteran just yet, he is still under the 5 years and counting development plan.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Do you guys realize that Michael Vick has been in the league since 99? That is a long time and the guy hasn't really improved.

Huge
11-21-2006, 05:57 PM
I agree with your post however Carr is 3-7 which I am sure you were trying to say. Also I wouldn't call Carr a veteran just yet, he is still under the 5 years and counting development plan.
Carr is 3-4 as a starter (no better, no worse than Vince) since Vince took over in Tennessee. This is what I meant.

AlbinoRat
11-21-2006, 07:32 PM
tsk tsk....

you do realize i live in tennessee...ive always thought the guy was trash. i watch the titans every week. Drew Bennett and Travis Henry have to do everything (and pacman on defense and returns)

AlbinoRat
11-21-2006, 07:41 PM

Im a fan of the University of Tennessee. There is no rivalry. I think the guy is way overrated...and always has been. I hate people saying that because he had a great game, especially running the ball against usc, that he is freakin god. Have you heard him speak? he can barely read. he makes stupid mistakes constantly. Even the papers around here are starting to get annoyed with his play, when he is being out performed by backups in Tampa and Seattle and Dallas and Kansas City.

Mr. White
11-21-2006, 07:53 PM

For kastofsna to say this means that some of you guys need to get a grip. There was no bigger pre-draft VY basher.

AlbinoRat
11-21-2006, 07:57 PM
One more response for those who believe its a youthful mistake or that I'm jealous of Vince.

Most of those who are defending him are UT fans or Titans fans. I watch this guy play every week, and it makes me feel bad for Titans fans. Every Monday I hear the crying of Diehard Titans fans. He can run. But he's not Mike Vick, and it makes me very annoyed to hear him compared to him. He can throw the ball a mile, but its rarely very accurate, unless its a stopped target. Travis Henry is responsible for that teams offensive success. The comparison with Farve is because Farve has been on sucky teams for the past 3-4 years.

And never have I ever wanted to be anything like Vince Young. This has nothing to do with the University of Texas; only Vince. I didn't want to bring this up but now I will: the six on the wonderlic test. dont even say that crap about him retaking and making a 14 or whatever and blame the six on the noise around him. Heres an experiment. When Ted Ginn takes his test next year and gets higher than a 14 on his first try, it will put it to rest because for those of you who don't know, Ginn suffers severely from A.D.D. and throughout high school was in the "slow" class. I have no desire to be like Vince. I have no desire whatsoever to be attending the Derek Zoolander Institute for Kids who can't read good.

Just to reaffirm one point so i don't have to hear this anymore. I think he was overrated even in college. I put out those numbers to compare him with other qbs that have done poorly in their careers lately. So no much of that "he's a rookie deal"

Mr. White
11-21-2006, 08:09 PM
One more response for those who believe its a youthful mistake or that I'm jealous of Vince.

The question is who the hell are you to say that anybody sucks at anything? For that matter, the Rock sucks. If you don't believe me, go watch the Scorpion King.

Guys on a pro football MB have no business saying that any football player sucks. Unless they're a football player that plays against them.

AlbinoRat
11-21-2006, 08:19 PM
So because I don't play I cannot criticize in anyway I feel I would like to? So basically to you, the NFL is like "Y" league football where you put the kid that absolutely blows in because you have to, and even though he cost your team the victory, he still should be criticized because everyone tried their best.

Well my friend, let me turn you on to this new philosophy called accountability. The NFL is a business. It's vicious. If you don't perform, you don't play. There is no better luck next season. Why are you here on these boards? To discuss football? Is every play a success in football? Do you ever catch yourself complaining about a sack or dropped pass? Don't ever try to tell me off like I'm your boy. This may be before your time, but how did you feel about Matt Stevens when he was starting at Free Safety for us? This board was all over him...because he wasn't playing up to par. Your Kumbaya campfire hold hands ideology won't work here. The why can't we all just get along deal doesn't apply here.

AlbinoRat
11-21-2006, 08:22 PM
And by the way, the Rock is the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. You need to know your role. The Rock says hes gonna take your little CD, dust it off, turn it sideways, and shove it up, well you know the rest. Check your horoscope tommorrow. Something along the lines of this: be wary lest ye be on the receiving end of the peoples elbow.

edo783
11-21-2006, 09:52 PM

I guess you missed the term "Possibly" and the later part about other factors influencing, but hey, ya just want to take shots that's all some folks are about.

Carr Bombed
11-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Do you guys realize that Michael Vick has been in the league since 99? That is a long time and the guy hasn't really improved.

Vick came out in 2001, but yeah, he really hasn't improved.

Mr. White
11-21-2006, 10:54 PM
So because I don't play I cannot criticize in anyway I feel I would like to?

Because you don't play you're welcome to criticize. To say a guy sucks is just lame.

What the hell are you so good at that gives you the right to say that somebody else sucks? Regurgitating Rock lines from 6 years ago?

You haven't even moved outta your mom's house yet.

Criticize all you want, but you don't rate.

Hookem Horns
11-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Carr is 3-4 as a starter (no better, no worse than Vince) since Vince took over in Tennessee. This is what I meant.

Isn't Carr 3-7 as a starter? He has started every game.

TexansLucky13
11-21-2006, 11:06 PM
You haven't even moved outta your mom's house yet.

Wow, I completely understand how age has something to do with this discussion.

:sarcasm:

Mr. White
11-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Wow, I completely understand how age has something to do with this discussion.

It just might, but that's not the point. There's more to the post than what you quoted. Read it in context.

Huge
11-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Isn't Carr 3-7 as a starter? He has started every game.
You're kidding, right?

Carr's record as a starter is 3-4 since Vince has become the starter in Tennessee.

I'm aware he's 3-7 on the season. The point is, during the same time span in which Vince has had to accumulate his win-loss record, Carr has done no better.

Albino,

Feel free to continue posting. Just don't get upset when everybody ignores what you have to say because your credibilty has been shot. If you smell what Huge is cooking.

Hookem Horns
11-22-2006, 06:57 AM
You're kidding, right?

Carr's record as a starter is 3-4 since Vince has become the starter in Tennessee.

I'm aware he's 3-7 on the season. The point is, during the same time span in which Vince has had to accumulate his win-loss record, Carr has done no better.

Sorry, I overlooked the "since then" part of your post.

rmartin65
11-22-2006, 07:22 AM
He has thrown more touchdown passes than Carr this season.

Not true. Carr has 9, Young has 6.

Carr also holds a lead in passer rating, VY-56.1, Carr-89.5
And in completion percentage, Vy-45.7, Carr-69.5
And yards per attempt, for all those who critique Carr's low average, Vy is worse, VY-5.45, Carr-6.65

QB75
11-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Vince Young will be a beast of an NFL QB by his fifth year. I can only hope that we have a good team by then, or he will own us.

I doubt that he will be much of a factor by his fifth, sixth or seventh year. Basically Michael Vick II....zzzzz.

mexican_texan
11-22-2006, 10:23 AM
The only thing they have in common is that they are black. Young is 6'5 and doesn't have a big arm but is elusive in short space and has a knack for making clutch plays while Vick is Reggie Bush playing QB. Short, explosive runner with a big arm who tends to crumble when forced to make a big play in a clutch situation.
He was good with Dan Reeves and has pubicly said he wants to be with Dan Reeves. What happened with Dan Reeves? The infamous run at Lambeau field.

kastofsna
11-22-2006, 11:07 AM
The only thing they have in common is that they are black. Young is 6'5 and doesn't have a big arm but is elusive in short space and has a knack for making clutch plays while Vick is Reggie Bush playing QB. Short, explosive runner with a big arm who tends to crumble when forced to make a big play in a clutch situation.
they're both run-first QB's. so, that's another thing they have in common.

jerek
11-22-2006, 11:12 AM

As much as I'd rather not, I have to agree, though I'm still not sold on his ability to consistently make big plays with his arm, or more specifically, that he ever will be able to.

Kaiser Toro
11-22-2006, 11:35 AM
As much as I'd rather not, I have to agree, though I'm still not sold on his ability to consistently make big plays with his arm, or more specifically, that he ever will be able to.

There is no doubt that VY has some learning to do, but the two things that I have seen from the kid in his time at UT through the present are his ability to improve and most importantly his team mates, for whatever reason, believe in him.

Huge
11-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Not true. Carr has 9, Young has 6.

Carr also holds a lead in passer rating, VY-56.1, Carr-89.5
And in completion percentage, Vy-45.7, Carr-69.5
And yards per attempt, for all those who critique Carr's low average, Vy is worse, VY-5.45, Carr-6.65
Carr - 9 TDs in 285 attempts
Young - 6 TDs in 197 attempts

So is it a big advantage that Carr has 3 more TDs?

And while Carr has a higher average per attempt, Young has a big advantage in yards per completion:

Carr - 9.57
Young - 11.3

And again, Elvis Grbac has a higher career passer rating than Johnny Unitas. Mainly because the formula rewards more for completion percentage. If you're throwing dump-off passes all day (see the difference in their yards per completion), you're going to have a higher QB rating.

And most importantly:
Young - Rookie
Carr - 5th year

HOU-TEX
11-22-2006, 11:39 AM
There is no doubt that VY has some learning to do, but the two things that I have seen from the kid in his time at UT through the present are his ability to improve and most importantly his team mates, for whatever reason, believe in him.

Which in my mind makes him a leader. Something the Texans have been lacking for quite some time now. I do like VY, but for some reason I didn't want him to come to Houston.:twocents:

Huge
11-24-2006, 05:28 PM
The way you put it, Carr only cares about his QB rating in the games he plays. Do you think that is true?
I don't think that's true. I think Carr would be willing to do whatever it takes in order to win.

But there's a difference in being willing to do what it takes and being able to do what it takes.

doughboy
11-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Why is vince being compared to Vick and Carr there is nothing similar about them. Vick is a run first pass second Qb Vince is not. David Relies on his arm Vince doesent have to all the time. Vince is a rookie who improves every single game Mike vick hasent improved in 5 years. David in my 2 cent is going to be good ... he hasent lived up to his 1st Overall pick but I have a feeling he will. Its comparing Apples to Oranges

axman40
11-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Its comparing Apples to Oranges
Apples taste good with peanut butter , oranges do not!

:yahoo:

doughboy
11-24-2006, 07:41 PM

exactly:dance2:

thunderkyss
11-24-2006, 08:11 PM

speak for your self...... I love peanut butter & ernge sammishes......

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm glad Vince is on my team, that's for sure

Second Honeymoon
11-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Vick is an inconsistent yet vastly talented QB who has won football games for his team

Carr is a consistently average to bad QB who has never won football games for his team

Young is a rookie who has already shown loads of talent and has already been leading his team to victory

isnt winning what its all about. personal stats are for fantasy geeks and losers....and for Carr loving homers...

How I would rate them as starters in the NFL
Vick #9 (hanging out with Eli, Bulger, and Delhomme)
Carr #27 (hanging out with Harrington, Leinart, and Frye)
Young #24 (and rising up the charts as a rookie)

Why does Carr get 5 years of being the anointed starter and peole still make excuses for why he sucks? Why does Young get labeled as a sucky QB when he is only 7 starts into his career? Do I hear the insepid stupidity of typical Aggie/Sooner redneck? Or is it just blind racism and/or playa hatin?

Whatever it is, it needs to go away. VY has already won as many games as Carr has this year and playing in 3 fewer....do the math and stop making yourselves look like myopic retards. VY would have the same if not more wins as Carr has if he would have been drafted by the Texans. I would actually say that we would have 4 wins easily if VY had started from Day One for the Texans....oh well....keep up the good work homers, you make me remember how ignorant typical Astros fan in regards to their 'heroes' like Jeff 'Chokejob' Bagwell or Craig '0 for playoffs' Biggio...you guys act like your sports heroes are the greatest when they always suck and end up choking when it counts....

doug ftw

doug ftw

QB75
11-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Vick is an inconsistent yet vastly talented QB who has won football games for his team

Carr is a consistently average to bad QB who has never won football games for his team

Young is a rookie who has already shown loads of talent and has already been leading his team to victory

isnt winning what its all about. personal stats are for fantasy geeks and losers....and for Carr loving homers...

How I would rate them as starters in the NFL
Vick #9 (hanging out with Eli, Bulger, and Delhomme)
Carr #27 (hanging out with Harrington, Leinart, and Frye)
Young #24 (and rising up the charts as a rookie)

Why does Carr get 5 years of being the anointed starter and peole still make excuses for why he sucks? Why does Young get labeled as a sucky QB when he is only 7 starts into his career? Do I hear the insepid stupidity of typical Aggie/Sooner redneck? Or is it just blind racism and/or playa hatin?

Whatever it is, it needs to go away. VY has already won as many games as Carr has this year and playing in 3 fewer....do the math and stop making yourselves look like myopic retards. VY would have the same if not more wins as Carr has if he would have been drafted by the Texans. I would actually say that we would have 4 wins easily if VY had started from Day One for the Texans....oh well....keep up the good work homers, you make me remember how ignorant typical Astros fan in regards to their 'heroes' like Jeff 'Chokejob' Bagwell or Craig '0 for playoffs' Biggio...you guys act like your sports heroes are the greatest when they always suck and end up choking when it counts....

doug ftw

doug ftw

Vince would have more wins? Really. And you know this because...? VY is adequate at best. Glad Texans passed on him.

Speedy
11-25-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm glad Vince is on my team, that's for sureI'm glad he is too.

dtran04
11-25-2006, 03:37 PM
And Baltimore is VERY glad that they have McNair. So in the end, everyone is happy.

QB75
11-25-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm glad he is too.

I am glad he is too!

run-david-run
11-25-2006, 06:47 PM
I posted this a long time ago and I think it is pretty good....

Kind of funny that your two examples for "it" factor have combined for exactly 0 SuperBowl wins...silly aggie

Huge
11-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Good thread.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

abbest
11-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Vince led the Titans to 4 consecutive scoring drives in the 4th qtr to beat the Giants. Should I say anymore.

Runner
11-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Vince led the Titans to 4 consecutive scoring drives in the 4th qtr to beat the Giants. Should I say anymore.

You could say that at the same point in their game the Texans took a pity score from the Jet's defense, but you probably shouldn't.

Boxscore
11-26-2006, 06:45 PM

young-225 yards

The title of your thread is haunting you now! What a huge win over the Giants! Way to go Vince. This was your breakout game!

MrMeToo
11-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Vince(a rookie) and the Titans 4-7
Carr and the Texans 3-8

HowBoutThemCowboys!
11-26-2006, 06:58 PM
This thread looks smart now..

From the great words of Borat:

NOT.

HoustonFrog
11-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Vince(a rookie) and the Titans 4-7
Carr and the Texans 3-8

So right. Maybe one day people will realize that a 100% completion percentage, etc does not translate into a winner. Some people like Romo and VY have IT.

Orion
11-26-2006, 07:07 PM
We will all see vy be the man, right in front of our eyes, he came back in the fourth quarter from a 21 pt deficit man..........that has nothing to with his skill at this point, he is still learning, that is all heart man.....you can't teach that at all.....

i'm done with this thread, it pisses me off way to much....

hobie
11-26-2006, 07:09 PM
As I mentioned in the other VY thread, it wasn't so much VY winning the game as it was NY choking and losing the game.. Still a good game none the less !

TexansLucky13
11-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Kind of funny that your two examples for "it" factor have combined for exactly 0 SuperBowl wins...silly aggie

Actually, that was my point. You must be a Longhorn to have missed that boat. Oh, I guess you are. Score one for me.

Huge
11-26-2006, 08:28 PM

Wow.

No, really...wow.

Titan "Tack" Fan
11-26-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm going to be honest with you guys:

I LOVE the Vince haters. It cracks me up. After today I will just sit back and laugh at them. When Vince is winning Super Bowls and is a perennial Pro Bowler, the haters will just make it that much sweeter.

SF49erFaithful
11-26-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm going to be honest with you guys:

I LOVE the Vince haters. It cracks me up. After today I will just sit back and laugh at them. When Vince is winning Super Bowls and is a perennial Pro Bowler, the haters will just make it that much sweeter.

I admit I had my questions about Vince. He hasn't proved to be a great QB yet but I think he can be a very good.

TexansFanatic
11-26-2006, 09:45 PM
God it makes me mad the Texans didn't take Vince. That decision will haunt this team for an eternity. Anybody who can't see that Vince is simply a winner is an *****. Anybody who can't see that Carr is NOT a winner is an *****.

Mysteryhunt
11-26-2006, 10:05 PM
God it makes me mad the Texans didn't take Vince. That decision will haunt this team for an eternity. Anybody who can't see that Vince is simply a winner is an *****. Anybody who can't see that Carr is NOT a winner is an *****.

he has yet to win more than he loses. until that point he is simply a loser...like carr.

StarStruck
11-26-2006, 11:26 PM
The thing I think about a lot is that five years ago Vince was in high school.

bigcarlos
11-26-2006, 11:31 PM
He was amazing today

Huge
11-27-2006, 05:39 AM
he has yet to win more than he loses. until that point he is simply a loser...like carr.
But he's also yet to lose more than he wins.

kastofsna
11-27-2006, 09:01 AM
hopefully yesterday's game will temper some of the comments made about him recently. but...i doubt it.

TheOgre
11-27-2006, 09:09 AM
So right. Maybe one day people will realize that a 100% completion percentage, etc does not translate into a winner.

I don't understand the point in throwing 1-2 yards short of the first down just hoping your guy will break a tackle to get the 1st. I don't know how many 4th and 2 or less we have had this year, but it just seems ridiculous.

bah007
11-27-2006, 10:25 AM
I don't understand the point in throwing 1-2 yards short of the first down just hoping your guy will break a tackle to get the 1st. I don't know how many 4th and 2 or less we have had this year, but it just seems ridiculous.

Welcome to the West Coast offense.

axman40
11-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I wished I sucked as bad as VY!

:sarcasm: :cowboy1:

thunderkyss
11-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the West Coast offense.

There has not been a WCO in the history of the league that only took three shots down the field.

Never.

Bret Favre runs a WCO.... no one's ever acussed him of dinking & dunking.

Jake Plummer has ran a WCO... no one ever accused him of dinking & dunking.

Montana...... never been accused of dinking & dunking.

Look, let's make this easy. Why don't you give us an example of a WCO where the complaint was that they didn't stretch the field.

The short passes act as a running game. Just like you wouldn't run the ball all game, and pass three times, you don't dink & dunk, and go downfield three times in a WCO.

bah007
11-27-2006, 06:10 PM
There has not been a WCO in the history of the league that only took three shots down the field.

Never.

Bret Favre runs a WCO.... no one's ever acussed him of dinking & dunking.

Jake Plummer has ran a WCO... no one ever accused him of dinking & dunking.

Montana...... never been accused of dinking & dunking.

Look, let's make this easy. Why don't you give us an example of a WCO where the complaint was that they didn't stretch the field.

The short passes act as a running game. Just like you wouldn't run the ball all game, and pass three times, you don't dink & dunk, and go downfield three times in a WCO.

I cant give you an example cuz West Coast teams have to have a running game if they want to stretch the field. We dont have one, therefore our short passing game is our running game.

kastofsna
11-27-2006, 07:27 PM
actually the purpose of a true WCO is to only throw the ball downfield in the most rare situations.

TexansFanatic
11-28-2006, 11:14 AM

How incredibly blind you must be.

QB75
11-28-2006, 02:38 PM
They are Carr :homer:'s and are threatened by Vince's superb caliber playing ability. I apologize to all VY fans in the begining. I should of waited before I trashed Vince during the draft. He is going rise above Carr before the season is up.

No, he's not. A couple of decent games doesn't make a career. So far he's proven to be adequate.

The Dream
11-28-2006, 05:27 PM
VY > Carr....without a question.

real
11-28-2006, 05:35 PM
VY > Carr....without a question.

Man....You keep coming with those Avatars....

Just call me Mr. Union....

The Dream
11-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Yes Ms. Keys, Union, Berry, Harrison (Mya), Rogers (Amerie), Dawson (Rosario) etc. are all suitable for the wifey position

AND

VY > Carr

QB75
11-28-2006, 07:34 PM
How incredibly blind you must be.

Not really. He's just not a member of the "I'm Infatuated With Vince Young Club".

Keldar
11-29-2006, 10:53 PM
VY got lucky against a heartless defense. Better than Carr? Who cares?

I'm beginning to think Carr isn't going to come around, ever. I also think VY will come to be known as a player who will blow you away one week, and leave you shaking your head in disappointment the next.

Generically speaking, I kinda don't want either type on my team.

Just my .02

srstex
11-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Of course VY is playing his rookie season with OC that actually knows how to score, and a DC that knows how to stop the opponents, but VY will be very good, although I will never again be a Titan fan again.

swtbound07
11-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Yes Ms. Keys, Union, Berry, Harrison (Mya), Rogers (Amerie), Dawson (Rosario) etc. are all suitable for the wifey position

AND

VY > Carr

I would wholeheartedly sign onto your list, with the only additions of

miss knowles,(beyonce) and miss narain (nicole)

Mr teX
11-30-2006, 06:10 PM
No the kid doesn't suck but like others have said i am still not sold on his ability to be able to pass consistently. The kid is big & hard to bring down, that to me is his biggest asset. When Kiwanuka (& others) grabbed him, any other Qb is on the mat, but he's a big strong guy that can withstand being tackled for just a split second longer to maybe get a pass off. Sometimes it doesn't work to his advantage ( throwing balls without much power on them) but many times it does.

I'm critical of him & in the long run i think i'll be proven right about what i think his career will be like but you can't hate on the guy after that giants game. He held steady.

CaptainPatriot
11-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Let the Vince Young Haunting of the Texans begin as of last weeks giants game!!!!! carr is dumping off 1 yard passses while VY is driving his team for TD's in the 4th Q!

Mr teX
11-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Let the Vince Young Haunting of the Texans begin as of last weeks giants game!!!!! carr is dumping off 1 yard passses while VY is driving his team for TD's in the 4th Q!

Yep people said the same kind of crap when RB got over 100 TOTAL yds in his 1st game with the saints. The guy did good last week no hate here. Next keep that consistency for 16 + straight games.

TexansFanatic
11-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Not really. He's just not a member of the "I'm Infatuated With Vince Young Club".

Well, that's cute and all, but here's the thing:

There's a certain magic some players bring with their game, and if you watch them long enough it becomes self-evident.

Joe Montana was one of these players. John Elway was one of these players. And Vince Young is one of these players. Does the fact that I can see this mean I have some sort of man-crush on Vince Young? No, it means I have watched him play, a lot, and I CAN SEE.

Kaiser Toro
11-30-2006, 09:05 PM
One week and 140+ posts have passed and I still see no data or solid opinion on how Vince Young sucks. He obviously does not suck as a football player, but there are some who just do not like him, there are some who think he has a long way to go, there are some who think he has tons of upside and some who think he is the second coming.

His team won the National Championship last year, he was drafted 3rd in the draft, he came into play for a poor team and his presence has paralleled the teams recent success in the win column. He did all of this while everyone and their mother said he could not play QB at either level. However, to say he sucks is childish, at best.

HJam72
11-30-2006, 09:11 PM

There's a certain magic some players bring with their game, and if you watch them long enough it becomes self-evident.

Joe Montana was one of these players. John Elway was one of these players. And Vince Young is one of these players. Does the fact that I can see this mean I have some sort of man-crush on Vince Young? No, it means I have watched him play, a lot, and I CAN SEE.

I don't disagree, but I'm sure that there are people who feel that way about Carr or any other QB that had success in college. Now you're talking about the NFL, but like most you probably felt this way before he was even in the NFL. I would have taken Young last draft, but I am pleased with what Mario is doing and more than pleased with what he will probably do when he is 100% healthy. I also have faith in Carr, if we ever block for him well enough. That's the biggest problem, although there are others. You may say that Young would do better even with this team exactly as it is, and I won't necessarilly deny that, but that doesn't make Carr chopped meat. We could have Vince Young and we could have a D that was absolutely TERRIBLE right now. It's a trade-off. It's not like Carr has never thrown a perfect bomb for a lot of yardage in his life. He's done it many times, but most of them were before he had 3 seconds or less to throw the ball, and receivers with 3 seconds or less to get open. Who runs a 50 yd. dash in 3 seconds?--let alone pulls off any moves along the way.

Runner
11-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I got tired of looking at the title and it wouldn't scroll off the front page.

Honoring Earl 34
11-30-2006, 09:50 PM
I think Vince poses a threat to a certain somebody ... therefore a need of addition by subtraction becomes a must .

WiiBrawler
12-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Vince Young Is Bad

Hangin with Ricky Williams Lately?

run-david-run
12-01-2006, 10:18 AM

Funny how all that "magic" John Elway had never translated to a SuperBowl until he got a great running back, great offensive line, great receivers and a great D...its a team sport!

How many SuperBowls did Montana win without the greatest receiver, possibly player, in NFL histroy?

SESupergenius
12-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Kill this thread.

Mr. White
12-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Funny how all that "magic" John Elway had never translated to a SuperBowl until he got a great running back, great offensive line, great receivers and a great D...its a team sport!

How many SuperBowls did Montana win without the greatest receiver, possibly player, in NFL histroy?

If you're talking about Jerry Rice, then the answer is two.

TexansFanatic
12-01-2006, 11:30 AM

How many Super Bowls does anyone win or even get to play in? I wasn't really even talking about Super Bowls here, I was talking about winning games. How many games has David Carr won in 5 years? How many of those wins were because of the magic he brought to the field?

Charter PSL Fan
12-01-2006, 11:31 AM
A total collapse by the NY Giants helped his cause. It's not everyday that a defensive lineman has a qb in his grasp and just lets him go because "I thought he threw the ball".

real
12-01-2006, 11:33 AM
A total collapse by the NY Giants helped his cause. It's not everyday that a defensive lineman has a qb in his grasp and just lets him go because "I thought he threw the ball".

The funny thing about that argument is that if it were Carr that made that comeback the same way VY did, I believe that peoples tone would change....

Mr. White
12-01-2006, 11:48 AM
He may not be another Montana or Elway, but it's time that people started wising up to the fact that the possibility exists.

It's not a coincidence that Texas won a Championship last year despite having one of the worst Offensive Coordinators in college ball. Look at 'em now. They look like the same old Longhorns that can't win the Big 12.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that the Titans have already gotten more wins then they did last year.

Bongo59
12-01-2006, 04:56 PM
People............VY has won the exact same number of games with this group.............that McNair had last yr............and he still has 5 games to go............he has 8 TD and 8 INT but four rushing TD's..............his numbers ordinary but he makes plays at crunch time and he is so poised in th epocket its hard to believe he is a rookie who everyone thought would take the two yrs to develop like Mac did...............bottom line he is 4-4 in his first 8 games.............How long did it take Carr to win 4 games? And his D then was awesome compared to what we have now in TN..............he also had more playmakers on O then we have...........but our OL is better no doubt.

infantrycak
12-01-2006, 05:01 PM
The funny thing about that argument is that if it were Carr that made that comeback the same way VY did, I believe that peoples tone would change....

That's BS. Sure folks who love Carr would laud the win just like folks who love VY are acting as if PacMan, Kiawanuka and a sketchy roughing the passer call were all irrelevant but all the folks here who ardently don't like Carr would be saying they were given the game and Carr had little or nothing to do with it. One game changes very few peoples' minds.

infantrycak
12-01-2006, 05:07 PM
How long did it take Carr to win 4 games? And his D then was awesome compared to what we have now in TN..............he also had more playmakers on O then we have...........but our OL is better no doubt.

The D was better, the OL was monumentally worse. The Texans did not have more playmakers on O. Jabar Gaffney is hanging in the league by a thread. Corey Bradford is only in the league due to injury and incompetence in Detroit. Neither is as good as Drew Bennett--basically both teams had/have weak WR's. Billy Miller is out of the league and not close to Scaife and Troupe. James Allen and Jonathan Wells are out of the league and can't touch any of the three TN backs.

CaptainPatriot
12-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Yep people said the same kind of crap when RB got over 100 TOTAL yds in his 1st game with the saints. The guy did good last week no hate here. Next keep that consistency for 16 + straight games.

As of today VY has a 4-4 record and almost beat the colts in indy. If his WR's will catch the ball his stats would be alot better. Looks like the NFL speed is slowing down for him. Also his Defense is in last place!

Bongo59
12-01-2006, 06:58 PM
looks like people nationally are starting to wake up..............

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=154695

CaptainPatriot
12-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Don't forget he juked past Demps like he was standing still for the 1s down! Can't get mad at the Giant's DE that let him go. Demps had VY dead to rights before the 1st down markers!

The Dream
12-02-2006, 11:43 AM
The only thing they have in common is that they are black. Young is 6'5 and doesn't have a big arm but is elusive in short space and has a knack for making clutch plays while Vick is Reggie Bush playing QB. Short, explosive runner with a big arm who tends to crumble when forced to make a big play in a clutch situation

Word....I'm sorry to say this, but I think a lot of the hatred toward VY is flat out "cism" (that's racism for those who aren't up on their slang)....people act as is black quarterbacks are the only quarterbacks who are known for running and scrambling....Steve Young and Elway beat a lot of opponents with their feet.....yet Vince only gets compared to the "black guy"......Vick and Young are totally different (as Vinny stated), they were different in college and they're different now....some people need to start judging the guy on his play and not his skin color.

Kaiser Toro
12-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Dude don't use the race card on this man. They don't like Vince because he is better than Carr.Its a plain simple fact bro.

I agree. VY and Vick are two completely different players, except for one thing - they are extremely fun to watch because they have the potential to make a dynamic play with their arm or leg on every play. I cannot think of two other QB's that have that ability to dazzle outside of the pocket like the two of them.

The Dream
12-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Dude don't use the race card on this man. They don't like Vince because he is better than Carr.Its a plain simple fact bro.

I'm not talking about VY vs. Carr specifically, but the fact that Vince always gets compared to Vick when their games aren't similar is racist, because the only thing people see is a black guy that can run.

Wolf
12-02-2006, 02:30 PM
VY = Cunningham

TexansSeminole
12-02-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm not talking about VY vs. Carr specifically, but the fact that Vince always gets compared to Vick when their games aren't similar is racist, because the only thing people see is a black guy that can run.

They're games are similiar in the case that they can both break big runs. I can't think of any other QBs who have the speed to break a big run like they can. It just happens that those two are both black. VY is the closest thing to a QB who can run for the big play like Vick can. That's why there are those comparisons...not because the two guys are black. They have other skill sets that are different...but this is a skill that they both share, and it doesn't seem like any other QBs in the NFL have that skill.

Some people can see racism anywhere...even if it doesn't exist. Nowadays, you have to watch where you throw the word racism around. Some people don't like being called a racist.

Wolf
12-02-2006, 02:43 PM
on this board racism can be changed to Carrism ;)

The Dream
12-02-2006, 02:47 PM
They're games are similiar in the case that they can both break big runs. I can't think of any other QBs who have the speed to break a big run like they can. It just happens that those two are both black. VY is the closest thing to a QB who can run for the big play like Vick can. That's why there are those comparisons...not because the two guys are black. They have other skill sets that are different...but this is a skill that they both share, and it doesn't seem like any other QBs in the NFL have that skill.

Some people can see racism anywhere...even if it doesn't exist. Nowadays, you have to watch where you throw the word racism around. Some people don't like being called a racist.

I'm not buying it...yes they can run....but that's it....everything else is pretty much different....so why is it that one of the reasons that people on this board didn't want to draft Vince, because they feared he'd be another Michael Vick?.......he got the Vick comparisons from some while he was in college and he still gets them today.....because he's black.

TexansSeminole
12-02-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm not buying it...yes they can run....but that's it....everything else is pretty much different....so why is it that one of the reasons that people on this board didn't want to draft Vince, because they feared he'd be another Michael Vick?.......he got the Vick comparisons from some while he was in college and he still gets them today.....because he's black.

You've got to work on your trust in people. I can assure you that 90% or more of the people that didn't want VY here did not even consider his race as a reason to draft or not draft him. I can't speak for everyone, obviously...but I know I can speak for most in this subject.

The comparisons are because he can break big runs like Vick can, as I said before. Pretty sure when people use that comparison, they are talking about the two QBs ability to run. Sure there are QBs who can run, but not ones who can break big runs like Vick and Vince Young. Would it make more sense to compare him to David Carr? No, because David Carr, while he can run, cannot break big runs like Vick can.

Granted...most people see that they are totally different players...but it is hard to not see that these two guys are the best at running from the QB position in the NFL.

P.S. I have no idea why people wouldn't have wanted Vince Young on our team, besides the money implications.

Lucky
12-02-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm not buying it...yes they can run....but that's it....everything else is pretty much different....
Vick completes 51% of his passes
Young completes 49% of his passes

How much different are they?

Double Barrel
12-02-2006, 03:03 PM

You still have to take advantage of another team's collapse. A meltdown is nothing if not exploited by another team's opportunistic aggression.

The infamous Oiler meltdown would have been just a footnote if Frank Reich had not been able to take advantage of it. They go hand in hand, two sides of the same coin, and I take nothing away from Vince Young. He rose to the occasion and did not crumble when his team needed him most. I've got the utmost respect for these kind of players, because they are the ones you want on your team with the game on the line.

TexansSeminole
12-02-2006, 03:05 PM
You still have to take advantage of another team's collapse. A meltdown is nothing if not exploited by another team's opportunistic aggression.

The infamous Oiler meltdown would have been just a footnote if Frank Reich had not been able to take advantage of it. They go hand in hand, two sides of the same coin, and I take nothing away from Vince Young. He rose to the occasion and did not crumble when his team needed him most. I've got the utmost respect for these kind of players, because they are the ones you want on your team with the game on the line.

Good post. Agreed.

Lucky
12-02-2006, 03:11 PM
The infamous Oiler meltdown would have been just a footnote if Frank Reich had not been able to take advantage of it. They go hand in hand, two sides of the same coin, and I take nothing away from Vince Young.
When one thinks of that game, it's the Oilers choke job that springs to mind. And nothing Reich did in that game was indicative of the results he would have in the future. TBD if this game will be a harbinger of Young's future, or just a Giant meltdown.

The Dream
12-02-2006, 03:11 PM
You've got to work on your trust in people. I can assure you that 90% or more of the people that didn't want VY here did not even consider his race as a reason to draft or not draft him. I can't speak for everyone, obviously...but I know I can speak for most in this subject.

The comparisons are because he can break big runs like Vick can, as I said before. Pretty sure when people use that comparison, they are talking about the two QBs ability to run. Sure there are QBs who can run, but not ones who can break big runs like Vick and Vince Young. Would it make more sense to compare him to David Carr? No, because David Carr, while he can run, cannot break big runs like Vick can.

Granted...most people see that they are totally different players...but it is hard to not see that these two guys are the best at running from the QB position in the NFL.

P.S. I have no idea why people wouldn't have wanted Vince Young on our team, besides the money implications.

It's not about "trusting" people it's about looking at things in a realistic manner. Most don't see them as different players (read some of the comments in this thread including the following).

Just because both can break big runs doesn't mean that one will turn out like the other (like so many people thought)

Vick completes 51% of his passes
Young completes 49% of his passes

How much different are they?

I'm guessing you don't watch much football.

Lucky
12-02-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm guessing you don't watch much football.
That's a hollow slam. Not an honest response.

TexansSeminole
12-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Well, I am done here...No sense in continuing as your mind will not change. Just watch where you use the word racist.

Wolf
12-02-2006, 03:22 PM

frank came in and what did he have to lose? just sling it around like no tomorrow..

The Dream
12-02-2006, 04:29 PM
That's a hollow slam. Not an honest response.

So just because their completion rates are similar means they're the same type of players?

Well, I am done here...No sense in continuing as your mind will not change. Just watch where you use the word racist.

I don't "watch" anything I just apply it when I feel it's neccessary.

Double Barrel
12-02-2006, 05:05 PM
When one thinks of that game, it's the Oilers choke job that springs to mind. And nothing Reich did in that game was indicative of the results he would have in the future. TBD if this game will be a harbinger of Young's future, or just a Giant meltdown.

Good point, Lucky. Reich even had a moment of greatness in college, too. IIRC, he was the QB for the greatest comeback in NCAA history, as well.

Lucky
12-02-2006, 05:18 PM
So just because their completion rates are similar means they're the same type of players?
Then, please expound on the vast differences in Vick's & Young's games. I'm aware of Michael's superior arm and speed. What else?

Kaiser Toro
12-02-2006, 05:22 PM

You are seriously fishing here. Vick and Young have been the two most dynamic QB's in college and soon to be in the NFL (does not necessarily translate to wins).

There is a buzz about them and that comes in the form of marketing, promotion and, consequently, endorsements. The buzz and the debate is a reflection of the market which includes you and me. We are not talking about Rohan Davey, Jared Lorenzen, Ty Detmer or Byron Leftwich because they do not fit into the same category or the ability to make things happen like Vick and Young.

Your point on people not wantinig VY because he is black is just flat out silly. I love watching Vick but he would make me go crazy as the QB of my team, moreover I do not believe in a highly drafted QB. I do seem to remember most of the board wanting two players in last year's draft and not sure if you knew this, but they were both black. I did not want either of them. Does that make me a racist? No, that makes me a realistic fan as I wanted a defensive player, thankfully he was black so I would not be called a racist. :rolleyes:

Take a mental step back every once in a while and realize that there is a fine line between racism and one's perception of racism.

The Dream
12-02-2006, 05:24 PM
One huge difference is their running styles.....I'd call Vick more of a wreckless runner than Vince. Vince seems a little more patient in the pocket before he decides to take off running.

You are seriously fishing here. Vick and Young have been the two most dynamic QB's in college and soon to be in the NFL (does not necessarily translate to wins).

There is a buzz about them and that comes in the form of marketing, promotion and, consequently, endorsements. The buzz and the debate is a reflection of the market which includes you and me. We are not talking about Rohan Davey, Jared Lorenzen, Ty Detmer or Byron Leftwich because they do not fit into the same category or the ability to make things happen like Vick and Young.

Your point on people not wantinig VY because he is black is just flat out silly. I love watching Vick but he would make me go crazy as the QB of my team, moreover I do not believe in a highly drafted QB. I do seem to remember most of the board wanting two players in last year's draft and not sure if you knew this, but they were both black. I did not want either of them. Does that make me a racist? No, that makes me a realistic fan as I wanted a defensive player, thankfully he was black so I would not be called a racist.

Take a mental step back every once in a while and realize that there is a fine line between racism and one's perception of racism.

If I wasn't talking about you then there's no need to worry, but there has LONG been an association of black quarterbacks not being able to be successful in the NFL....AND there were people on this board and in the real world that thought Vince would be just another Michael Vick...eventhough the only similarities they really have are A.) They're black B.) they run......eventhough he repeatedly led his teams to victory in college AND beat teams with his arm, the comparison's still existed.....you can call it my "perception", but to deny that fans on this board and fans in general can't be racist is insane.

Wolf
12-02-2006, 05:35 PM
randal cunningham is what I see in VY over vick,but that is just me

TexansFanatic
12-02-2006, 07:18 PM
VY = Cunningham

No offense to you personally, Wolf, but I hate that comparison. One could again make the assertion that you are connecting the two players because of the color of their skin.

Randall Cunningham was a prima donna, crybaby, me-first player who made a lot of plays with his feet (especially early in his career). And when the chips were down, he was not a real winner. Vince Young is a true leader who just naturally compels his teammates to love him, believe in him, and to follow him. And he's got an indefinable magic about him that creates wins almost out of thin air....

Kaiser Toro
12-02-2006, 07:24 PM
No offense to you personally, Wolf, but I hate that comparison. One could again make the assertion that you are connecting the two players because of the color of their skin.

Randall Cunningham was a prima donna, crybaby, me-first player who made a lot of plays with his feet (especially early in his career). And when the chips were down, he was not a real winner. Vince Young is a true leader who just naturally compels his teammates to love him, believe in him, and to follow him. And he's got an indefinable magic about him that creates wins almost out of thin air....

What the heck are you talking about? When people compare it is because of characteristics like body builds, speed, size and style of play. Not about intangible stuff like being a cry baby, a loser or magic.

Cunningham and VY are both very tall for the position, lanky, unorthodox release, athletic, great feet, strong arms, very mobile and a feel for pressure. Any yes they were both black. In most people's world that is a known similarity and for others it seems to be the defining similarity.

Kaiser Toro
12-02-2006, 07:34 PM
I have to disagree with one of your points and that is Cunningham's delivery. I don't remember him having an unorthodox delivery. I remember it being very much like most other quarterbacks, it was just that he was usually doing it on the run.

He had lthat long lanky wind up. Looked pretty unique to me.

TexansFanatic
12-02-2006, 08:43 PM
What the heck are you talking about? When people compare it is because of characteristics like body builds, speed, size and style of play. Not about intangible stuff like being a cry baby, a loser or magic.

Cunningham and VY are both very tall for the position, lanky, unorthodox release, athletic, great feet, strong arms, very mobile and a feel for pressure. Any yes they were both black. In most people's world that is a known similarity and for others it seems to be the defining similarity.

Fair enough I guess. I still hate the comparison simply because I see VY as an irrepressible winner and RC as a whiney loser....

Honoring Earl 34
12-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Buddy Ryan said Randall was a great punter . I guess he did'nt want to risk him to a cheap shot .

Honoring Earl 34
12-02-2006, 09:27 PM
I understand your conviction in supporting Vince Young, but in reality their is no such thing as an " irrepressible winner."

Theres guys who dominate on every level and then theres guys who dominate and win .

TexansFanatic
12-02-2006, 09:27 PM
I understand your conviction in supporting Vince Young, but in reality their is no such thing as an " irrepressible winner."

There's no such thing as magic either, but it's still a very applicable description.

Kaiser Toro
12-02-2006, 09:31 PM
There's no such thing as magic either, but it's still a very applicable description.

Well we might as well out Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny while we are at it. :)

mexican_texan
12-02-2006, 09:36 PM
I saw Cunningham punt an 80 yarder...what about Vince? :ski:

Honoring Earl 34
12-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Everybody loses now and then ... its what you do when on the big stage .

Vince Young - Madison / UT / TBD

Montana - ND huge 4th quarter comeback cotton bowl / NFL all time great .

Jordan -game winning shot as a frosh NCAA championship game / you know the rest .

Clements - CWS win 1983 / do I really have to go on .

I think some guys are just wired to be great when it counts .

TexansFanatic
12-02-2006, 09:41 PM
I personally don't like the description because it is in fact false. Vince Young has played in games in which his team has lost, therefore he is repressible.

I guess you hated it when Hakeem called the Rockets "unbeatable" ?

Honoring Earl 34
12-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Akeem also won two ... theres nothing wrong with having some swagger . The Texans need to get some swagger or change their colors to Deacon Blue .

TexansFanatic
12-02-2006, 10:31 PM
change their colors to Deacon Blue .

Nice one!

CaptainPatriot
12-05-2006, 08:28 PM

Forget all this racism! No one is talking how VY is able to look off the Safety and hit a WR in the skinny post! Knows his progressions already and DC is still looking for it after 5 years! VY's throwing motion looks like it will work also in the NFL. He just flicks his wrist and the ball is gone(which doesn't give the D backs a chance to react) which will open up the field because DB's will have to stay home. What happens when VY gets a play making WR? His TE is out for the season, titans D is ranked #32. Name me a O-Line for titans that will make the Pro-Bowl this year? How come he is not getting sacked like crazy like DC did in his Rookie year? I don't care what anybody says VY is a WINNER! He has the so called "IT". He is going to be like Tom Brady Winning QB. Not a statistical QB. IE: Both Brady and Young won their last 2 games on the last drive to set up there teams for Victory. Stats were avg. But in the 4th Q they don't make mistakes! Find a way to win For some reason this cannot be taught. Teams rally to their QB. IE: dallas is now a SB contender with Romo! So all you stat QB lovers come late January can take your mannings and watch the QB's that win ball games go deep in the playoffs vs stat QB's!

jerek
12-05-2006, 09:01 PM

Gag me. You forgot the princess fairies dancing enchanted stardust circles around Young.

Your point on people not wantinig VY because he is black is just flat out silly. I love watching Vick but he would make me go crazy as the QB of my team, moreover I do not believe in a highly drafted QB. I do seem to remember most of the board wanting two players in last year's draft and not sure if you knew this, but they were both black. I did not want either of them. Does that make me a racist? No, that makes me a realistic fan as I wanted a defensive player, thankfully he was black so I would not be called a racist.

No. Vince Young is black. You don't think he is the best choice for our football team. Ergo, you are racist.

kingh99
12-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Vince is already just abusing defenses in the open field by faking throw then running like a deer. He's causing all the problems the smarter, older guys predicted he would cause before he was drafted. He reminds me a lot of John Elway in the open although Elway is truly the mightiest QB to ever possess the rock.

Houston actually matches up well against Vince and I predict some picks if the front 4 comes to play.

travfrancis
12-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Vince Young has thrown 1 interception for every 25.7 pass attempts compared to 1 every 33.75 attempts for Tom Brady. In case you are wondering how David Carr compares, he has thrown 1 interception for every 50.43 pass attempts

what are you trying to prove here again?

Ole Miss Texan
12-06-2006, 02:45 AM
Vince Young is really doing great imo and I would much rather him than reggie bush. i was the opposite before the draft. however....

who would we have drafted in the 2nd round if we did pick up VY in the 1st? I'm not sure if we still would have picked demeco ryans..
Even if we did, would he be performing the way he is now? I doubt without mario there he would be doing this good.
maybe this draft we would be looking at a DE in the 1st.

Kind of interesting think what everything would have been like..

Do you think we would have made a bigger effort to move back in the 1st to pick up maroney or deangelo williams to help vince out? How do you think the draft would have been different and what about this next draft?

Texansfan36
12-06-2006, 03:32 AM
*Wrong Subforum

TNTitan
12-06-2006, 07:14 AM
No that isn't true. I was only trying to prove that Vince Young is not as great as he is being made out to be by many of those posting on this message board. He is 5-4 as a starter, and quite fortunate to be that, which is merely adequate. CaptionPatriot was comparing Vince Young to Tom Brady and stating that he didn't like statistical QB's. He claimed that Young did not have good statistics and that Brady didn't either, but that they were winning QB's. I decided to do a statistical comparison between Brady and Young, of their number of interceptions thrown, but to be fair to Brady I had to account for his far greater number of pass attempts. I only included David Carr in the comparison because I knew some Carr hater would claim that Young's numbers were still better than Carr's numbers without even first doing the analysis. I also included their rookie years for those that would complain that it was unfair to compare Brady and Carr to Young since he is a rookie. After all of this, the only response I get is that I'm a Carr :homer:. This doesn't suprise me since Vince Young fans don't understand objective analysis.

your right, those 2, 1 point losses we should have been 7-2 now with VY at QB!

CaptainPatriot
12-06-2006, 01:13 PM
I'll give you a stat to consider. Interceptions. That is where Vince Young and Tom Brady greatly differ. Tom Brady is much better at protecting the ball. Sure Brady has thrown more interceptions this year than Young but he has also almost attempted twice as many passes. Vince Young has thrown 1 interception for every 25.7 pass attempts compared to 1 every 33.75 attempts for Tom Brady. In case you are wondering how David Carr compares, he has thrown 1 interception for every 50.43 pass attempts. But this is Vince Young's rookie season so I'll compare the others's rookie seasons for you. Tom Brady 1 interception for every 34.42 pass attempts and David Carr 1 interception for every 29.6 pass attempts.

Good work on the Stats! But that is for the Whole game. Wonder what are Tom Brady, VY and DC INT's, 3rd down conversions and 4th down conversions stats in the 4th Q of close games not blow out games? IMO the other 3 Q's are to keep it close until the 4th Q. As for DC's stats they are deceiving. His 1 INT/29.6 PA how many of those PA's are 10 yards or less or dump off passes? Also for DC when the game is a blow out he looks great driving down the field padding up his stats. D starts to keep the ball in front of them. When the pressure is on IE: like 3rd down conversions as an example how many times have we seen DC fumble, trip on his feet or O-Linemen feet or look at 1 WR and not go threw his progression only to throw a INT. Allot of people on here talk about how strong DC's arm is and his Great Athletic ability BLAH BLAH BLAH. But under pressure it all disappears! Can anyone tell me a pass on 3rd or 4th down or winning drive that DC has thrown where the football goes up over the LB finger tips and down in front of a Safety and hit the WR in stride this year? (Since this is DC's so-called come out year). He doesn't have that touch! He either throws it hard and forces it in double coverage or up high down the sidelines for AJ. Lets all face it VY makes better Decisions under pressure than DC hands down! The last 2 games looks like the NFL Game has slowed down for VY and for DC it still too fast for him.Some people on here keep giving excuses for DC IE:line blocking. DC has better WR's and TE than VY has. No more excuses! Now the Texans are stuck with DC now :brickwall The window is now closed to trade him for couple of high draft picks. Forgot there still is Sage for next year.:dance3: Now that guy has good touch on the football and given the chance hopefully make better decisions than DC. Lets face it he can't do any worse than DC in pressure situations!

CaptainPatriot
12-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Vince is already just abusing defenses in the open field by faking throw then running like a deer. He's causing all the problems the smarter, older guys predicted he would cause before he was drafted. He reminds me a lot of John Elway in the open although Elway is truly the mightiest QB to ever possess the rock.

Houston actually matches up well against Vince and I predict some picks if the front 4 comes to play.

Wonder what would have happen if the colts stuck to their guns and not buckle like little school girls to elway's demands to be traded and let his A** go play baseball? Just a thought

CaptainPatriot
12-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Everybody loses now and then ... its what you do when on the big stage .

Vince Young - Madison / UT / TBD

Montana - ND huge 4th quarter comeback cotton bowl / NFL all time great .

Jordan -game winning shot as a frosh NCAA championship game / you know the rest .

Clements - CWS win 1983 / do I really have to go on .

I think some guys are just wired to be great when it counts .

You forgot Larry Bird's 2nd year game 7 vs. philly down by 1 with 10 sec left loose ball at Celtics foul line Larry picks it up dribbles down the side and pulls up for a 19' off the glass shot from the side Celtics Win 91-90

As for MJ he had to wait until Celtics and Pistons got old and retired before he won his 6. Took MJ 7 years to win his 1st title!

Bongo59
12-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Young leading ROY race
posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2006 | Feedback | Print Entry
filed under: NFL

This is how crazy it's gotten in Tennessee: I sat in a suburban Nashville mall watching Rob Bironas getting interviewed for a local radio show. Now, you would have to work hard to find a better story from Sunday's action than Bironas, the former Arena Leaguer who kicked a 60-yard field goal off grass and outdoors to beat the Colts.

But comparing him to Tom Brady? Yes, it happened. Bironas is now considered Nashville's Brady, according to the show's host. Not saying Bironas isn't clutch or a ladies' man, but please.

Still, the more time I spend in the Music City the more I'm convinced that it's the keeper of the Offensive Rookie of the Year. Seriously, it's remarkable what Vince Young has done in his young NFL career: five wins and reviving a team that looked awful in the first few months to playoff contention, which can't be said for any Titans team this late in the season since 2003.

While Young's completion percentage (49 percent) is worst among NFL starters, he's developed that knack for magic that struggling teams need to rally behind. Young's passing doesn't look pretty but he pulls out tight wins. He's toppled the Manning brothers in consecutive weeks. No one saw that coming. We'll see how it plays out, and there are certainly other deserving rookies, but unless this team falls apart, Young is winning the ROY, even if Tennessee doesn't reach the playoffs.

coachdent
12-07-2006, 07:24 AM
It is really amazing how the VY fans just ignore everything negative about the guy and ust continue to plod through the muck with the "intangibles" and IT.

Congrats to the Titans and congrats to Vince for their season. An objective look at the games would reveal a Titan defense that has come alive. But objectivity does not exist here for the Carr haters and those who bow down at the alter that is Vince.

:sarcasm:Tennessee has not won their games by being the 4th leading rushing team in the NFL and they have not called conservative games so that VY doesn't beat them with his mistakes. NO! It has been VY...all VY all the time. Putting that team on his shoulders and leading drive after memorable drive to victory.

It was all VY that willed the hideous personal foul penalty on the Giants on a 4th down that kept the Titans alive. It was his remarkable escapability on another 4th down play that caused a Giant defender to let go of him. How can you bring down a God? You can't. No one can. Vince is remarkable. Without fault. You've sold me.

The Titan defense shut down the Colts and made several amazing plays to put the Titans in a position to win. Vince Young obviously was the major factor in Peyton Manning's two interceptions.

Vince did not throw up a ball for grabs in the endzone that was picked off. A ball that had no business being thrown, without any pressure on him sailed through the Nashville sky beautifully as only VY can throw them. Unfortunately, there must have been some kind of pass interference or someone made some kind of mistake or something, becasue there is NO WAY VY does jack wrong!

His legendary performance ON THE ROAD against Philly will go down in history as perhaps the greatest game ever from any player to play the quarterback position. VY went up against a team that went to the SUPER BOWL (two years ago) with one of the fiercest defenses in the league (five years ago) and just gave that football to Travis Henry like no one before him. Do you seriously think Kerry Collins could hand the ball off like that to Henry? Could anyone? No way! I'm sold.

Go Vince!
See you in Canton.
I think he will be the first player inducted into the Hall before he retires. They'll hand him the bust right after he wins his third Super Bowl in 2010.

kastofsna
12-07-2006, 07:44 AM
i'd wait till he can consistently prove he's a solid passer before putting him in canton.

CaptainPatriot
12-07-2006, 12:41 PM
That was Carr's rookie season and he threw several long passes that year. He is 1 INT/ 50.43 Att this year.

DC STATS are probably better? But DC has not turn the Texans around like VY is doing with the Titans and my worst fears are starting to happen! VY is a leader and a winner and DC is not! This was suppose to be DC's year! VY is going to be carried off on his teammates shoulders and the Texans will be looking for another QB for years to come! Its a "damn shame" Texans will always be saying " Damn we had our chance to get VY" as the Texans watch VY in the playoffs year after year!

CaptainPatriot
12-10-2006, 04:16 PM

young-225 yards

I guess you REALLY don't like VY now :bguitar: Is he still over rated now? I thought it was the Rose Bowl all over again:highfive:

Texans Horror
12-10-2006, 04:24 PM
I don't know...I think USC could have beaten the Texans...

Congrats to VY for a stellar game. I knew he would be hitting on all four cylinders for this game, and he showed it. I still wish we could have won, but them's the breaks.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Does the original poster watch football or just talk about it? He must be in an alternate universe where Vince Young is a 3rd string WR on the Lions and Ryan Leaf has won 4 Super Bowls.

Bongo59
12-10-2006, 09:52 PM
I still think the Offensive ROY is going to Colston, and Defensive ROY is going to Ryans.
you still buying it friend?

TNTitan
12-10-2006, 10:47 PM
you still buying it friend?

it's called:
ROSE-COLORED GLASSES - "Some unfortunate people never take their rose-colored glasses off, but everyone wears these spectacles occasionally. This attitude of cheerful optimism, of seeing everything in an attractive, pleasant light, has always been with us, while the expression itself goes back to at least 1861, when it is first recorded in 'Tom Brown at Oxford': 'Oxford was a sort of Utopia to the Captain.He continued to behold towers, and quadrangles, and chapels, through rose-colored glasses." From the "Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins" by Robert Hendrickson (Facts on File, New York, 1997)

Orion
12-11-2006, 12:32 PM
yep, he sux....not a good one this guy...not gonna make it......lol
he's fantastic.

TNTitan
12-18-2006, 08:30 AM
he didnt have a bad game yesterday, he just wasnt on the field!

kastofsna
12-18-2006, 08:41 AM
young didn't look that great yesterday, but whatever. he didn't need to.

Huge
12-18-2006, 12:28 PM
25/35, 201 yards, 0 TDs, 4 INTs

Tom Brady's stat line from Week 9 vs the Colts.

It'd be pretty lame for anybody to try to point out any single week as proof that a QB is not good.

That being said, que Merrill Hoge ragging on Vince for his performance yesterday.

TD
12-18-2006, 01:12 PM
he didnt have a bad game yesterday, he just wasnt on the field!

Could the team's 0 - 8 on 3rd down conversions (6 incomplete passes and a sack for Young on 7 of 'em) have something to do with that?

I like Vince, but he did have a bad game yesterday.

coachdent
12-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I think -18 yards of total offense for Vince in the second half is proof positive that the VY fans need to take a week off at the very least.

Not saying he is through in the NFL.
Not saying he won't be good.

But he was horrible yesterday. The thing that Jeff Fisher and his staff does that the Texans do not, is that they put Vince in a position to be successful. They also put him in positions NOT to fail. They ran the ball twice on third and long yesterday. They had no confidence in VY yesterday and rightfully so. He was putrid. But they relied on their defense to win the game and were VERY FORTUNATE that the Jaguars gave them two interceptions for touchdowns, a fumble recovery touchdown and a partridge in a pear tree.

I've spoken to some imbeciles on here who actually are so smitten by VY that they credited Vince with the win yesterday! That it was his leadership and pride that just went through the team like wildfire and gave the franchise hope! Um....no! Not yesterday. Watch the game. He wasn't leading from the bench when Jacksonville was pounding down the Jags defense's throat. He didn't stand up with some "win one for the Younger speech." The Jags made three horrendous mistakes, had a touchdown taken off the board and called three jump ball plays from the one foot line.

Sometimes teams win despite their quarterback's performance and the Titans did just that. They have done so on numerous occassions this year and on the Vince streak. Other teams who have done this are the Bears, the Bills and the Chargers.

But the sensitive Vince fans rush to the alter of Vince and declare him the savior. Whatever. He was bad yesterday. Taped the game on the dish and watched it all. He stunk.

doughboy
12-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I think -18 yards of total offense for Vince in the second half is proof positive that the VY fans need to take a week off at the very least.

But he was horrible yesterday. The thing that Jeff Fisher and his staff does that the Texans do not, is that they put Vince in a position to be successful. They also put him in positions NOT to fail. They ran the ball twice on third and long yesterday. They had no confidence in VY yesterday and rightfully so. He was putrid. But they relied on their defense to win the game and were VERY FORTUNATE that the Jaguars gave them two interceptions for touchdowns, a fumble recovery touchdown and a partridge in a pear tree.

I've spoken to some imbeciles on here who actually are so smitten by VY that they credited Vince with the win yesterday! That it was his leadership and pride that just went through the team like wildfire and gave the franchise hope! Um....no! Not yesterday. Watch the game. He wasn't leading from the bench when Jacksonville was pounding down the Jags defense's throat. He didn't stand up with some "win one for the Younger speech." The Jags made three horrendous mistakes, had a touchdown taken off the board and called three jump ball plays from the one foot line.

Sometimes teams win despite their quarterback's performance and the Titans did just that. They have done so on numerous occassions this year and on the Vince streak. Other teams who have done this are the Bears, the Bills and the Chargers.

But the sensitive Vince fans rush to the alter of Vince and declare him the savior. Whatever. He was bad yesterday. Taped the game on the dish and watched it all. He stunk.
Um.....The jags had the ball for 45 minutes vince had under 10 offensive series, Vince didnt have to do crap but not turn the ball over and he didnt. its obvious you dont watch the titans.Our defense won Vince got a much needed break......Get your facts straight next time.
(someone still is pissed about the texans game,:tearup: :thumbdown http://crystal.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/crybaby.jpg

real
12-18-2006, 01:29 PM
We are talking about a rookie? right?

Going up against one of the top defenses in the leauge ?

Yeah....VY sucks.....

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-18-2006, 01:44 PM
If you didn't watch the game you need to be quiet. We had the ball for 15 minutes. Our defense scored 3 TDs. Our offense couldn't get a rhythm cause they weren't on the field.

Granted Vince Young looked bad when he had the ball, but a lot of quarterbacks play bad for 15 minutes of a game.

So I will say it again, we had the ball for 15 minutes. Our defense scored too fast! j/k

TD
12-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Um.....The jags had the ball for 45 minutes vince had under 10 offensive series]

When you don't convert a single 3rd down (including 6 three and outs) you tend to not keep the ball very long.

Vince's stats weren't bad because TN didn't have the ball much; TN didn't have the ball much because Vince was bad. Of course when you win, its ALL good.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-18-2006, 02:04 PM
When you don't convert a single 3rd down (including 6 three and outs) you tend to not keep the ball very long.

Vince's stats weren't bad because TN didn't have the ball much; TN didn't have the ball much because Vince was bad. Of course when you win, its ALL good.

Yeah, we are 7-7. That's a non-losing record!

doughboy
12-18-2006, 02:06 PM

You watch way to much ESPN. Vince threw the most beautiful pass I have seen in a long time. And as far as first downs we ran it on 3rd down 75% of the time. If you didnt watch the game dont bother ripping vince.

doughboy
12-18-2006, 02:12 PM

Vince's stats weren't bad because TN didn't have the ball much; TN didn't have the ball much because your defense got 3 touchdowns and had to go back on the feild. Of course when you win, its ALL good.

fixed your post.

kastofsna
12-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Vince threw the most beautiful pass I have seen in a long time.
should've seen cutler's first TD yesterday.

doughboy
12-18-2006, 02:16 PM
should've seen cutler's first TD yesterday.

Well that one was pretty good to.....

kastofsna
12-18-2006, 02:25 PM
pretty good? you'll never see a more perfect pass in your life.

doughboy
12-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Eli manning one of the best passes Ive seen. He hit plaxico over the sholder right in the hands for over 45 yards,

TD
12-18-2006, 02:53 PM
And as far as first downs we ran it on 3rd down 75% of the time. If you didnt watch the game dont bother ripping vince.

Reading is fundamental. LINK (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=261217010&quarter=0)

3rd and 4 at TEN 47 (11:54) T.Henry up the middle to TEN 48 for 1 yard

3rd and 3 at TEN 29 (1:41) V.Young pass incomplete short left to D.Bennett

3rd and 2 at JAX 40 (9:17) V.Young pass incomplete deep right to D.Bennett.

3rd and 8 at TEN 32 (6:44) (Shotgun) V.Young pass incomplete deep middle to B.Wade.

3rd and 6 at JAX 26 (:17) V.Young pass incomplete to D.Bennett.

3rd and 5 at JAX 9 (13:32) V.Young pass incomplete short left to D.Bennett.

3rd and 7 at TEN 32 (4:43) V.Young sacked at TEN 12 for -20 yards

3rd and 12 at JAX 44 (1:12) V.Young pass incomplete short left to B.Jones

I don't know about Possum Holler, but to most of the country 1 of 8 is 12.5%, not 75%.

This stuff cracks me up. Honesty about VY makes you a "hater" one week and in "man love" the next. Isn't there anything in between like, I don't know..... the truth. He's a rookie with a tremendous upside. He's had good and bad games. Last week was bad. Deal with it.

doughboy
12-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Reading is fundamental. LINK (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=261217010&quarter=0)

3rd and 8 at TEN 32 (6:44) (Shotgun) V.Young pass incomplete deep middle to B.Wade.

I don't know about Possum Holler, but to most of the country 1 of 8 is 12.5%, not 75%.

This stuff cracks me up. Honesty about VY makes you a "hater" one week and in "man love" the next. Isn't there anything in between like, I don't know..... the truth. He's a rookie with a tremendous upside. He's had good and bad games. Last week was bad. Deal with it.

I know we didnt run the ball 75% of the time on 3rd down it was a wrong choice of words. But I dont see how you said vince had a bad game. david carr had a bad day. Vince young the first time he played the jags had a bad day but today he did what he had to and didnt turn the ball over. The only bad play he had is instead of taking a sack he threw the ball away. Watch the game not sportscenter.

FirstDownMaker
12-18-2006, 03:25 PM

young-225 yards

Watching Vince Young take that in for the game winning TD in OT against us must have hurt you real bad son!

kbourda
12-18-2006, 03:30 PM

I'll give you VY detractors yesterday. But you all have to admit, since the Titans started 0-5 what have they changed since game six to now? Maybe his presence may be worth a little more than people are willing to give him credit for. I see the Titans situation kinda like the Rockets in a sense. We all know Yao is the horse (running game/defense) but the Rockets have a losing record without McGrady (VY) in the line up. Has McGrady played spectacular this year? I even think he will tell you no but when he is on the court he has to be accounted for. I'm not crowning VY as a pro bowler just yet but you have to see the parallels for what they are worth. Sure we all see the games and say his performances are give and take. But that's what being a team is all about. Just giving a little different perspective on the spin.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Vince has made the entire team believers. He's a leader and his team is getting W's. That's all I'm worried about.

Runner
12-18-2006, 04:33 PM
The Titans are 5-0 since picking up Seth Wand. Coincidence? I think not. :)

doughboy
12-18-2006, 07:42 PM

Things that make you go Hmmmm.....

Second Honeymoon
12-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Newsflash: Vince Young is mortal. But six wins in a row in your rookie season is pretty nice even if you were the QB of the '85 Bears.

Mr. Vince
12-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Vince = :trophy:

LORENZOF33
12-19-2006, 05:49 PM
198It's all about the W's.....

TexansSeminole
12-19-2006, 05:53 PM

I figured more people would realize that this was the reason for the Titans' recent success. Vince Young? Are you kidding me? It's Seth Wand.

kingh99
12-19-2006, 05:53 PM

young-225 yards

Classic post that proves you win with winners. Period. Carr can stat it up and lose by 30. VY can stink it up and win by 10. You tell me what's going on. It's called winning time and VY owns it.

Runner
12-19-2006, 05:58 PM
I figured more people would realize that this was the reason for the Titans' recent success. Vince Young? Are you kidding me? It's Seth Wand.

Of course not, but do you think he is happier with the Titans than he would have been taking Wiegert's roster spot when Zach went down?.

TexansSeminole
12-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Of course not, but do you think he is happier with the Titans than he would have been taking Wiegert's roster spot when Zach went down?.

Yea...the guy has never really won in the NFL before. It's got to be more fun for him...even if he is not playing for that team yet.

Bubbajwp
12-19-2006, 06:55 PM

I dont like you any more.:crying: :hairpull:

Bubbajwp
12-19-2006, 06:59 PM
The Titans are 5-0 since picking up Seth Wand. Coincidence? I think not.

Meanwhile our Oline looks like this.
:crutch: :flowers: :ouch: :crutch:

Bubbajwp
12-19-2006, 07:00 PM
I have not been very impressed with VY as QB. But his ability to win and be a leader is amazing.

BetOnVYinCantonEasy
12-21-2006, 06:45 AM

Not going to go down as one of VY's shining moments of his rookie season (especially with so many bonafide shining moments already) but, for the record, the 3rd and 3 at the Tenn 29 was a well thrown pass, just the refs decided to let Bennett be unequivocally mugged that play without throwing the flag (the defender had one of his arms pinned down with one of his own arms and had his other arm wrapped around Bennett's waist hooking him to the defender....pathetically blown call) and on the 3rd and 6 at the Jax 26, the pass was perfectly thrown, even with decent coverage, Bennett caught it, got flattened, and as he came down out of bounds he lost the ball on impact with the ground and it was ruled an incompletion. VY is doing just fine in his rookie year. I remember his first year starting at Texas, most remember some of his second, and what person who likes football at all (except ol' Hoge-of-One-Too-Many-Shots-To-The-Head) doesn't know all about his third. Yep, he already has 7 wins in an abbreviated rookie season. Cannot wait to see what he is doing by his third, if not his second, if not this year in the playoffs if a little holiday miracle or two occurs.:ok:

Huge
12-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Check out ESPN.com's front page.

kastofsna
12-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Check out ESPN.com's front page.
sweet, jeff garcia.

kastofsna
12-24-2006, 01:30 PM
lmao, ridiculous play at the end of the half by young.

MrMeToo
12-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Vince just won his 6th game in a row...

doughboy
12-24-2006, 03:23 PM
4th quarter baby