PDA

View Full Version : Indy Loss spin

Wolf
11-20-2006, 08:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnnsi-snapjudgments&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns
BALTIMORE -- Everyone will look at the result of Sunday's Indianapolis at Dallas game and assume the outcome produced but one winner, the Cowboys, by virtue of their 21-14 upset of the undefeated Colts at Texas Stadium.

But that's merely the shortsighted view. Because I believe in the long run the Colts won by losing, if for no other reason than they got rid of any of that pesky undefeated season talk even before folks got to sit down for Thanksgiving Day turkey later this week.

The Colts simply didn't need it. They didn't need the extra pressure. They didn't need the overkill media attention. They didn't need the potential distraction that another run at a "perfect'' season was sure to bring. They're better off being just another first-place team, wrapping up another division title and the AFC's No. 1 seed whenever they get around to it.

Indianapolis might very well have dealt with the undefeated season build-up much more smoothly than it did last year, when 13-0 quickly gave way to 14-3 and a hasty playoff elimination. But that doesn't mean it would have been easy this time around either, or welcomed for matter. It would have once again meant energy spent on a goal that doesn't promise the ultimate reward, or necessarily help you achieve it.

Find what you are looking for
Repeat after me, Colts fans: The ring's the thing. Nothing else matters. Nothing else should be in Indy's line of vision. Let the '72 Dolphins continue to have their day. There is one thing about Miami that's of real significance this year. The Super Bowl will be played there in early February.

Let the Colts get there and win it, and they'll have their own perfect season to celebrate. Even if it comes complete with one loss, the one they picked up Sunday in Dallas.

This much is apparent in light of Week 11's results: It doesn't take great quarterbacking to win in the NFL these days. What an ugly and painful day for the league's passing set.

TheCD
11-22-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm not really sure if that's quite the case. I don't necessarily think a team that goes 16-0 in the season has to worry that much about not winning a Super Bowl, but that mindset can also cause them to lose.

I will say, though, that the Colts should have won that game, in my opinion. The last TD off the pick for the Cowboys and the last Colts offensive play should have been ruled differently.

mefool3030
11-22-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm not really sure if that's quite the case. I don't necessarily think a team that goes 16-0 in the season has to worry that much about not winning a Super Bowl, but that mindset can also cause them to lose.

I will say, though, that the Colts should have won that game, in my opinion. The last TD off the pick for the Cowboys and the last Colts offensive play should have been ruled differently.

Hahaha just like the Texans should of won their last game...lots of coulda's and shoulda's every week too bad that doesnt reflect their win/loss record. Maybe they should put an asterisk next to that win since there is no way it should of turned out that way... hahaha

DFAN
11-24-2006, 11:53 PM

The last TD off the pick? I think you mean the 1st TD that the Cowboys scored. I've seen replays from CBS, NFL Films, and Inside the NFL and none of them show clearly that the call would have been overturned.

The last offensive play was ruled just like it should had been ruled. Even Manning said after the game it was a good play. Ware took him down inside the 5 yd rule. Manning then had no options left and threw it out of the endzone.

The RW INT play where he hit the WR inside the 5 yd rule was more questionable but if you watched the replay the ball had not left Manning hand. I agree that the play is usually called differently but they called the right way.

You can watch any game any week and find at least 3 questionable calls. You think that was the 1st game all year that INDY had a questionable calls against them? No. It wont be the last either. Just like Indy will get questonalbe call in their favor.

Plain and simple. SCORE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!

HowBoutThemCowboys!
11-26-2006, 12:25 AM
If Romo didn't complete every pass in the second half, if Manning didn't throw two interceptions, if our o-line gave up more than one sack, if Manning was sacked less than thrice, if Marion Barber and Julius Jones didn't combine for more than 120 yards and two TDs, if Manning didn't go four and out on the Cowboys 10 with minutes left in the game, then yeah-- the Cowboys didn't deserve it. But please, look at the scoreboard.

Dallas- 21
Indy- 14